[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Immersive Engineering's Crusher will double ores. Requires a lot of iron and a trip to the nether for requisite machines and blocks, though.
Engineer's Toolbox has a facade that offers ore doubling as well, cheaply and early game. Doesn't fit well in the pack, in my opinion, but it's there.

I'm looking for something that can pump Galacticraft Crude Oil. The Pumpjack from Magneticraft doesn't seem to work. Maybe the Ender Pump from Engineer's Toolbox will suffice but I wanted something bigger and better. Also, can Galacticraft Oil be turned into something usable for other mods?
Yeah, the more I'm looking at it, the more I'm thinking that using Galacticraft for oil gen was a poor idea. It's oil doesn't behave like pretty much all other mods' oil does, you can't pick it up in buckets and it doesn't seem to be compatible with anything. Sigh. I will fix this in 1.5 and simply replace it with Magneticraft oil, as that can be used universally. This does mean, however, you will need new chunks.

As for oil pumping, gah. The Ender-Thermic pump should work, Engineer's Toolbox also works, and, hmm, I'll have to do research. It is, admittedly, the weakest part of this pack, and one for which I have yet to find a very good answer.

And Engineer's toolbox is in the pack because of the modular ability, yes it is one block, but you can hang modules on it to make it do various things.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, no, I was wrong. Ok, this *will* be fixed in 1.5. I broke it in 1.4 trying to fix another problem. Until then, yeah, GC oil is sort of worthless. That problem will fix itself in 1.5, which will be coming tomorrow. Sorry about that.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
ET's grinder by itself only double's the ore. Plus you need the remote to configure it. Even magic mods can double ores reasonably early. Take the time to feed the dust into the Multi-smelter and centrifuge before cooking them for a bigger bonus.

But most mods can do that. I'm still working on how to figure out how to make it into an automatic tree farm.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, yeah, confirmed fixed for 1.5. You will get warnings about missing things from Galacticraft on load up, but that is because of the chance in the new update of Galacticraft, I have turned on retrogen so when the Galacticraft old oil goes (which it will) the new oil will generate. That will mean the oil will move a bit. A little weird, but acceptable.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
for ore doubling, the way i start is mine untill 3 quarts, that goes into an AE grinder for 1.75 ore. from there i go to nuclearcraft crusher which requires 17 iron ingots. which leaves enough for a nuclearcraft furnace and there upgrades to electric for 2x ore. i think thats the cheapest 2x ore solution in the pack from what im aware.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
As for oil pumping, gah. The Ender-Thermic pump should work, Engineer's Toolbox also works, and, hmm, I'll have to do research. It is, admittedly, the weakest part of this pack, and one for which I have yet to find a very good answer.

PneumaticCraft Gas Lift will pump up GC Oil. Now to figure out how to convert that to something usable I guess?

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
The smelter does not, there should be a separate machine that turns ores into dusts that does, if I'm remembering rightly.

Its the cascading processor that doubles ores, and makes the arcane ingots, I should have remembered but was overwhelmed by my early find of a village with the smelter set up:p

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, if you are using 1.3 GC oil is fine, 1.4 broke it for anything except GC machines, 1.5 will fix that, though the oil will need to be retrogenned to do so. I'll publish 1.5 tomorrow.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4, I was able to run GC crude through a GC Refinery and get some kind of fuel from another mod (maybe Pneumaticraft), which I can use in a Gas Powered Turbine from Advanced Generators. So it still has a use in 1.4.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ah, yeah. Still, it does kind of leave Hudraulicraft, Magneticraft, and Pneumaticraft mostly broekn. Fixing that now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Release 1.5
Updated:
Aura Cascade 557
Galacticraft 3.0.12.365
NEI Integration 1.0.13

Fixed:
Reverted previous fix that pretty much borked everything else. Note: You will get missing blocks alert for Galacticraft for existing worlds. This can be ignored, retrogen is enabled to fix this issue. Any existing oil pools will move, however.

And that puts that issue to rest, hopefully. Again, you WILL get missing blocks on load with existing worlds. This is to be expected and retrogen will cover it.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm aware. FTB has it, has since Saturday, it is up to them to push it. Curse Voice is up to date. My apologies.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
No worries.

So I'm really starting to get established in the world now. It has been a much slower start without access to early 3x3 mining that I was used to with Tinkers' Construct. I've been trying to build up to getting an Immersive Engineering drill going, but it's been slow. In the meantime, I've found that Silent's Gems tools can be stupidly overpowered. I tried enchanting a Supercharged Morganite Pickaxe and wound up with Mending IV, then tacked on Unbreaking III and Fortune III.. so there's my effectively infinite Fortune pick. Crafted an Area Miner I, Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV Supercharged Topaz Pickaxe for my 3x3 mining- again, stupidly overpowered.

Wired up a self-sustaining-with-surplus Steve's Carts tree farm and just placed down a Sugar Cane/Hemp farm. Production should start ramping up soon. I hope to start making Biodiesel soon.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
yeah, Magneticraft can do area mining, Hydarulicraft can handle farms for everything but trees.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Engineer's Toolbox has the Husher, which is a water based quarry, that I haven't gotten a chance to play with just yet.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
No worries.

So I'm really starting to get established in the world now. It has been a much slower start without access to early 3x3 mining that I was used to with Tinkers' Construct. I've been trying to build up to getting an Immersive Engineering drill going, but it's been slow. In the meantime, I've found that Silent's Gems tools can be stupidly overpowered. I tried enchanting a Supercharged Morganite Pickaxe and wound up with Mending IV, then tacked on Unbreaking III and Fortune III.. so there's my effectively infinite Fortune pick. Crafted an Area Miner I, Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV Supercharged Topaz Pickaxe for my 3x3 mining- again, stupidly overpowered.

Wired up a self-sustaining-with-surplus Steve's Carts tree farm and just placed down a Sugar Cane/Hemp farm. Production should start ramping up soon. I hope to start making Biodiesel soon.
Dont forget Router Reborns 5x5 pick. its 18 redstone, 3 diamonds, and 5 gunpowder, plus a little extra easy to get stuff. cheap and can be obtained really early.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
That.. is too cheap, both in recipe cost and as a gameplay element. I already feel like I'm cheating with my nigh-unbreakable Silent's Gems pickaxes, but at least those are somewhat expensive. I'm trying to keep my playthrough in line with the difficulty curve of Immersive Engineering and the RR pick just doesn't fit.

Speaking of IE, every update breaks my powerlines and I have to replace them.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ooh, just had an idea. For certain things that don't have multi block alternatives, make it use require 9x9 crafting.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

ArcoZyli

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack, and also watching the Let's Play as well. SOoo many mods I've never used! Thanks for making yet another unique and amazing pack for us all to enjoy, Iskandar. Any Idea if you plan to release a Server DL on FTB?