Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And moving on to release 1.0!

Updated:
ChromaticCraft 9a
DragonAPI 9a
Silent's Gems 1.3.01-122

I have one outstanding issue I need a mod dev to fix, but that is minor. Everything else appears to be as stable as it gets.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Worn baubles are not saved in death/corpse inventory.
Shift left clicking plain cobblestone with a chisel (from Chisel mod) crashed my game. Have not tried to duplicate.

And I'm having issues finding something to with which to charge a super multi drill.

Server Crash after coming back to the Overworld from my first trip to the Nether: http://pastebin.com/91i3JH0i
Client crash from same event: http://pastebin.com/jZnLCbf1

Chisel crash on shift + left click cobblestone with chisel: http://pastebin.com/QKhvLgM4

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
FluxPads will charge your drill, and there is a module for the Engineer's Toolbox mod that will do the same.

That Chisel crash appears to be a known bug: https://github.com/Chisel-Team/Chisel/issues/22 Hopefully the next update will fix it.

The Server crash should be reported on the Malisis Doors' and DragonAPI's bug trackers.

As for the missing baubles, um, look for a grave near your skeleton. I may have goofed and left both Open Block's grave and Lootable Bodies both enabled, and Open Block's grave is grabbing the baubles.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
That's probably it. There was a grave that I didn't bother to check. I'll go back and look now.

Thanks for the info on charging. I went through the entire list and found a few things that only charged their respective mod items. I saw the Flux pads but forgot to look into those.

This is the kind of pack I've been looking for for a while- no one block solutions, no cramming- machines that look like real machines, that take up lots of space. Thanks for putting it together.

Edit: Yep, got the baubles from the grave.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And 1.1 is uploaded to FTB and Curse. Curse should be up soon, FTB to follow.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oh, and I have a Let's Play of this pack, for those who are interested:

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
are any of the gems biome specific? i have yet to find a single piece of heliodor for the fortune upgrade. had to stick with making silk touch for now.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
N. That said, those gems are a little rare and they don't have separate spawn, so you have a good chance of finding gems, but because of the high variety of gems, you have a low chance of finding a specific gem.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
i decide to try a different biome anyway. within 60 seconds of mining in a woodland instead of the desert i have been, i found 17 heliodor. yay me @.@

Edit: up to 26 now after a few minutes

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And since no one else has stepped uo, I started a Let's Play for this pack. Well, that and I really wanted to. This pack was designed for me first, and then I decided to share it with the world. I'm having a lot of fun.

First episode is here:

C

chbachman

Hey!
Just wanted to throw my services out here, I'm here if anybody has any questions about my mod.

:)

edhelbeleth

Jul 29, 2019
And since no one else has stepped uo, I started a Let's Play for this pack. Well, that and I really wanted to. This pack was designed for me first, and then I decided to share it with the world. I'm having a lot of fun.

I like this modpack idea, there are many mods I wanted to discover that are included (Immersive Engineering, Chromaticraft, ...), and I prefer learning through a Let's Play than through a Mod Spotlight, so thank you for this series, I'm following along!

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Alright, new favorite non-HQM pack. Aura Cascade, Engineer's Toolbox, Silent's Gems... It's basically everything I love! (albeit with (IMO) meh worldgen) So, will probably do a series on this when I get my YT channel up and running. (Note: I'm only 13, so my voice may not be up to speed, but I have a semi-deep voice)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Eh, I have problems with Highlands, RWG and ATG don't work with the mods I have, and I am just tired of BOP so ExtraBiomes was a good fit. I'm glad you like it. It really is a fun little pack, IMO.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, there's something you're forgetting... Seriously, I wish that mod was more well-known. Not your fault though.
Didn't forget, it has issues that make me not want to touch it. Primarily the last update was October...of last year. And he isn't releasing another 1.7.10 version, instead directly moving to 1.8. That means any bugs, and there are a few caused by Forge updates since, won't be fixed.

This, BTW, is the same problem I have with Highlands. I kind of need any big content mods to be either fairly bug free or updated semi-regularly. Going 8 months or more without updates leaves me with reservations about outstanding bugs that won't be fixed. You'll notice that there are only a handful of mods in this pack that aren't still updating and none of those offer content I couldn't drop if they prove problematic. After Crash Landing I've prioritized pack stability over mods that are interesting but not being updated. I'm gun shy over bugs and exploits that I can't report to a dev and expect a fix at some point.

Reactions: zBob