[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

GeorgieMah64

Jul 29, 2019
Re: updating spatial areas after update - End Swirl - Everything tells me this is DIM 32 and I have copied DIM 32 from the templates directory to my save directory but it is still Amusement Park. I don't know what Amusement Park loads as I have not bought that area yet. Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong here? I have copied over the DIM, I have deleted DIM 32 in my save directory and copied fresh, I have reloaded Material Energy 4 (deleted directory and redownloaded) but all have the same result. I have successfully copied other DIMs using this method and verified they have been reset but I cannot get End Swirl. Assistance appreciated. I have searched the forums here for "end swirl" and found a couple of references early on but no responses to those messages.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks for the answers. Since I posted the post, I did the community space, the one with
the wither spawners at the end, forgot the name
and found a bunch of dense cobalt, among a metric ton of other things. With the ME drive, I wanted to make sure I did not run out of space for the sheer quantity of items, I actually have plenty of 1k, 4k and even 64k drivers. And as for the Spacial IO's, I'll see what I can do tomorrow after uni.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
If level.dat is uncompressed in your save folder the game crashed while the file was being modified. Try making a copying level.dat_old and renaming it level.dat. Also, I've taken to compressing the whole save file every few days and stashing it somewhere safe.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I go on FTB I go to 3rd, I launch the map and is downloaded. Then I run minecraft and I create a new world, but the world is one basic and not the beginning of the map
I am not English so I translated and it's not easy to understand if you said /
When you say you "run minecraft and create a new world", do you mean you launch normal minecraft? Or do you launch the modpack through the FTB Launcher?

Normally, you would:
1- Launch the FTB Launcher.
2- Go to 3rd Party.
3- Find the modpack and select it.
4- Click "Launch" on the bottom right of the window.

If this does not give you the main screen with your character on the right and a random mob on the left, (or the frequently mentioned issue of the purple and black squares) then you have not launched the modpack.

So I started using the ender quarry and ender pump and I have some questions.

Is there a way to set a vertical limit for the quarry? I did a small section in miners delight and it mined all the way down to reflection pools. This would be a big problem since the disk changing room is also directly below it. The in game information seems to suggest you can set a vertical limit with fences, but when I tried it the quarry just told me "area is too small".

For the pump I am hitting a bug where in certain chunks, it is pumping out the cryotheum from my reactor, no matter what liquid I have it sitting on. This was tested in the biosphere (which is cryotheum) and the nether sphere (which is blazing pyrotheum). Do I just have to avoid that chunk or is there a work around?
As far as I know, there is no way to set vertical boundaries with the ender quarry, which is why everyone is saying to avoid using it.
And for the Endo-Thermic Pump, we've been saying to move the reactor from the reactor room to above the Spatial Room.

Either that, or move the Spatial IO room elsewhere, so you can quarry to your heart's content.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Miner's Delight^4 contains a few mob spawners which spawn mobs in a very large area, and somewhat frequently, these are causing the lag.
It made me drop from around 120fps to 12-15 and after adding Fastcraft, changing all the graphics settings to minimum and setting the render distance to 2, loading the save left me with 2-5 fps. Putting the difficulty on Peaceful didn't help, either. I had to revert to an old save where the area hadn't been loaded yet, since I wasn't even able to get to the Spatial Drive area..
I want to continue playing but the lag is just unbearable. Any other suggestions, what I could try?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
1)
Make a cactus farm, smelt to greens, decompose to cobalt nitrate and then elemental cobalt and then finally use the synethesizer to turn 16 elemental cobalt into cobalt ingots

2) I've not found an alternative outside of making them. Spatial IO seeds take 32 so that isn't a good option.

3)
It is in your best interest to move the contents of the Spatial IO room to a spot not under the incubation chamber. Doing so reveals a hidden drive in the energy cell multiblock behind the monitor. Next look under the hallway tying the observatory to the incubation chamber and you'll find two ME chests with 4k drives. Finally, scan the upper walls of the reflection pool to find three 64k drives. Now use vanilla chests with storage buses for one off items, tools, etc and you should be good.
There is a chest with 10 1k drives hidden in the rotunda. Get low and look up closely and you should see it. Sneaky Parcel!

For 1, you can also just spam bonemeal/fertilizer on roses and decompose those.

And there's also a hidden chest with ME stuff (including a cell, I think), in the very first area (with the Sky Stone "ball"). when you go down the stairs to the sky stone area, advance until you pass under and arch. Dig down (never straight down, just in case). You should find a small open area with a Sky Stone chest.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
For 1, you can also just spam bonemeal/fertilizer on roses and decompose those.

And there's also a hidden chest with ME stuff (including a cell, I think), in the very first area (with the Sky Stone "ball"). when you go down the stairs to the sky stone area, advance until you pass under and arch. Dig down (never straight down, just in case). You should find a small open area with a Sky Stone chest.

Are you referring to the inclusion chamber?

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
Any reason why there is now 2 ME^4's on the FTB Launcher. New one supposedly being 0.5.0 ?

Currently running 1.0.4

Tatasa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a texture for my compressed cookies...

I had the same issue, but when i downgraded to 1.0.3 and reloaded 1.0.4 to fix the main menu texture, the compressed cookie texture was fixed at the same time.

Is there a good way to automatise the fluxed crystal seeds? I'm going to try it with Steve's factory manager because that seems to be the best way.

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019
When you say you "run minecraft and create a new world", do you mean you launch normal minecraft? Or do you launch the modpack through the FTB Launcher?

Normally, you would:
1- Launch the FTB Launcher.
2- Go to 3rd Party.
3- Find the modpack and select it.
4- Click "Launch" on the bottom right of the window.

If this does not give you the main screen with your character on the right and a random mob on the left, (or the frequently mentioned issue of the purple and black squares) then you have not launched the modpack.
I do everything but his lunch when I click there is nothing that opens: /

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Any reason why there is now 2 ME^4's on the FTB Launcher. New one supposedly being 0.5.0 ?

Currently running 1.0.4
I only see one ME^4 in the launcher. I'm not sure what you're seeing, unless you entered a code a while ago before it was made public, and that one is seen as a different pack for you.

Hmm, just checking, but you *did* create a profile in the FTB Launcher with your minecraft username/password, right?

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah yeah
Here is the console that appears when I click on lunch I understand nothing ^^
Sorry i don't know who make spoiler :/

Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
MaterialEnergy4
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 4DA7FB6DA6E442A1F443BA2CCFF0D6AA
Remote: 4DA7FB6DA6E442A1F443BA2CCFF0D6AA
Mods Folder: c:\ftb\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\Vinc\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Material Energy^4 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Material Energy^4 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[18:07:41] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[18:07:41] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 enGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 fiFI to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 frCA to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 noNO to options pane
[i18n] Added 13 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 14 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 15 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 16 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 17 svSE to options pane
[i18n] Added 18 zhCN to options pane
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for Material Energy^4 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Material Energy^4 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1024
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[18:07:58] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[18:07:58] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 enGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 fiFI to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 frCA to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 noNO to options pane
[i18n] Added 13 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 14 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 15 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 16 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 17 svSE to options pane
[i18n] Added 18 zhCN to options pane
[i18n] enUS English (US) language file loaded!

Last edited:

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah yeah
Here is the console that appears when I click on lunch I understand nothing ^^
Sorry i don't know who make spoiler :/
Please use pastebin for the logs next time.

Now, I think I know what your problem is. Go to the "Options" tab in the FTB launcher and change the "RAM Maximum (MB)" value to 1.5 GB (you won't be able to allocate more unless you install and use 64-bit Java - and for that you will need 64-bit OS).

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019
Please use pastebin for the logs next time.

Now, I think I know what your problem is. Go to the "Options" tab in the FTB launcher and change the "RAM Maximum (MB)" value to 1.5 GB (you won't be able to allocate more unless you install and use 64-bit Java - and for that you will need 64-bit OS).

I download Java 64-bit and put 1.Gb
When I lunch its still not open ^^
It's really a mess my stuff ?
http://pastebin.com/dEg1GveG

inclinedtoserve

Jul 29, 2019
If level.dat is uncompressed in your save folder the game crashed while the file was being modified. Try making a copying level.dat_old and renaming it level.dat. Also, I've taken to compressing the whole save file every few days and stashing it somewhere safe.

well i tried and it didnt work. perhaps ill find someone at a similar point as me and get him to send me a copy of his save.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
All florbs start empty. You use the liquid transposer to fill them with something. Like lava from the magma crucible.
I know that. Right-clicking an empty florb isn't supposed to do ANYTHING, and it sure isn't supposed to destroy the item. The "phlorbs" are bugged.

Edit: What on earth is going on with the smeltery recipes for Pig Iron and Queen's Gold? Pig Iron costs 640mb of emerald (one emerald's worth) per 16mb of pig iron, and Queen's Gold requires 80mb emerald per 1152mb of queen's gold. Pig Iron is not supposed to cost 9 emeralds per ingot, and queen's gold is supposed to cost 1 emerald per 8 ingots, not 1 per 64.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well...finally got to the ^4 areas, continuing to do the quests (I want to finish up the quests in the first page). Did the Spacial IO port quest (the one that requires 20 of them) with the presses from the Inclusion Chamber^4. It was...tedious, to say the least. Now I'm on the quest that requires a compressed dirt seed...the one that requires 32 quadruple compressed dirt to make. As in, just over 200k dirt. I really hope Miner's Delight^4 contains some triple or even quadruple-compressed dirt...
Also, I'm not looking forward to the Legendary reward bag seed quest, because so far I got ONE legendary bag total, from the Redstone community special IO.