[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

swimmerwoad

Jul 29, 2019
There is one way. Kill a ton of spiders.
Better would be to use /HQM edit. It'll spawn you a creative HQM book that'll let you clear that quest.

One way that you might thing would work but won't would be to creative mod in the trophy in. But that will only give you a random one.

Another option would be to start a new map find the trophy again and copy over the level.dat. It's a far more complex way to do it and has far more risk.
You would need to store your old inventory first. Including armor, the stuff in the mine and blade slots and extra hearts.

Better to use the book.
Thanks! I as luckily able to find a second spider trophy on top of the place, so I just got that.

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
Oh also, a quick note on other bugs in Fluxed Crystals in case anyone wants to exploit them.

Breaking a mature crystal with a tinkers pickaxe with luck will drop two seeds. Might work with other tools as well, haven't tested.

While the farm manager doesn't actually work and is not required at all for the powered soil to work, you can still use it to generate powered soil by manually placing dirt blocks next to it which will automatically be converted. No need to craft the soil.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm having trouble with this. I have two soul vials with villagers, but I can't get both the vial and a broken spawner into the soul binder at the same time. It will only allow one or the other.

Like I stated make sure you are using a vanilla villager not a tcon or TE villager.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Don't bother making the bow it isn't a good weapon to use in this pack. It takes to long to drawback and aim.
I'd recommend a crossbow. As it starts getting speed up it can fire almost 4 times a second and the bolts can one shot anything.
Did I mention I love hoe Iguana tweeks is configed.

You make some excellent points here. Generally speaking, the crossbow is simpler to use and packs quite a punch.

HOWEVER, and this is a BIG however, the crossbow easily bugs out when you put a TON of redstone on it. When this happens, the weapon causes the game to crash and must be removed from your inventory to resume playing your world. This makes me sad because it's an awesome weapon. I think it's important to warn people about this so they can avoid what Wolf and I have experienced, along with I'm sure many others.

The longbow is a great alternative though, and so far, I haven't had the same bugs plague it as I have the crossbow. I've gotten up to about 600 redstone, 0.4 draw speed, and it's working great. Here's how I built mine. I'd love to hear any suggestions for how to make it better.

Starting Bow:
Cactus bow limbs (faster than metals, good arrow speed though, cheap to repair early on, quick to level)
Steel plate (easy metal I had at the time, good durability)
normal bowstring (I don't think we have any options in this modpack?)

Starting Arrows:
Steel Arrowhead (again, solid dmg, decent durability, and fairly cheap and easy to repair)
wooden tool rod (is there a better option in this pack? I had trouble getting anything else to work)
Slimy Leaf Fletching (This is awesome if you can get a slimy sapling and use a silky tool to grab a leaf from the tree)

Upgrading the bow:
You want to stack redstone as much as possible until the draw speed is under 1sec. The lowest you can get is 0.4 sec which is ideal. Don't waste early modifiers on anything else on the bow.
Once your draw speed is close to 0.4, look to upgrade the bow limbs to a metal. Steel and cobalt are VERY good choices here. They will severely lengthen your draw speed, so wait until you have available modifiers to bring draw speed back to something manageable. My longbow has about 600 redstone on it, with 2 steel bow limbs, and is at 0.4s draw speed which is awesome.

Upgrading the arrows:
You want to stack Quartz until you can start one-shotting armored mobs (I'm playing on normal difficulty btw). Once you feel comfortable with your dmg, add a diamond and emerald for higher arrow stacks. I got moss automatically on my arrows, and they repair nicely for me between fights.
There are better materials for arrowheads than steel. Without metallurgy, Manyullyn is usually the best. I'm sure there are some metallurgy materials that are better for bow limbs and arrow heads, however at this point I'm already one shotting everything, so moving past steel isn't necessary yet for me.

I'd love to hear what others are using. This Iguanas Tweak config is just so much fun. Everyone loves a good OP weapon!

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019
Once your draw speed is close to 0.4, look to upgrade the bow limbs to a metal. Steel and cobalt are VERY good choices here. They will severely lengthen your draw speed, so wait until you have available modifiers to bring draw speed back to something manageable. My longbow has about 600 redstone on it, with 2 steel bow limbs, and is at 0.4s draw speed which is awesome.

Whit 2 Blue Slime limbs, Normal Bow String and any metal plate (best is steel or manillyum) you need only 240 Redstone to get 0.25sek draw speed (it shows 240/250 Redstone in Tool Builder but i can`t add more i think 0.25 is the maximum)

i just made a few Screens of my Longbow & Arrows which 1hits any mob i have seen till now (i don`t know if there are stronger mobs than fallen knights just at the Biospherre^4 atm).

Longbow: Only added Redstone and Flux anything else came through Level up.
kvJodlt.png

Like i said Draw speed 0,25 seems to be the best because i can`t add more Redstone.

HgCk5X3.png

And the Arrows(i have to look if there is a better Material for the rod):
I only added Quartz and Moss
R1sKyTK.png

cTZwagX.png

Last edited:

MaxwellSliver

Jul 29, 2019
Umm hey. i love playing this mod pack but as of late. the last update i think? my start up menu is all black and purple. the mod pack still runs but i think the update broke the *miners delight* as i can't get it to work in the spatial IO. i put it in the port push the butten go back to the observatory and the room where the *miners delight* needs to be is nothing but empty. the rest of them work. till i use the *miners delight* then it's stuck on the *Bio ?Chamber?* the one with the food and horses in it. the *miners delight* not working may just be my own doing. i don't know, i don't think i did it wrong but i may have. anyways just wanted to post it here as i'm new to this *posting thing* and didn't know where to put it, and was hoping someone knew what was wrong. (Sorry for any and all typos i'm not good with typing)
minecraft.png
:(

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Umm hey. i love playing this mod pack but as of late. the last update i think? my start up menu is all black and purple. the mod pack still runs but i think the update broke the *miners delight* as i can't get it to work in the spatial IO. i put it in the port push the butten go back to the observatory and the room where the *miners delight* needs to be is nothing but empty. the rest of them work. till i use the *miners delight* then it's stuck on the *Bio ?Chamber?* the one with the food and horses in it. the *miners delight* not working may just be my own doing. i don't know, i don't think i did it wrong but i may have. anyways just wanted to post it here as i'm new to this *posting thing* and didn't know where to put it, and was hoping someone knew what was wrong. (Sorry for any and all typos i'm not good with typing) View attachment 15402 :(

Please read the thread - at least 10 pages back. You need to install pack version 1.0.3, then update to recommended. This will fix the start menu issue.
As for miner's delight: go to your save folder, delete folder named "DIM14" and replace it with folder "DIM14", located in MaterialEnergy4/minecraft/template.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You make some excellent points here. Generally speaking, the crossbow is simpler to use and packs quite a punch.

HOWEVER, and this is a BIG however, the crossbow easily bugs out when you put a TON of redstone on it. When this happens, the weapon causes the game to crash and must be removed from your inventory to resume playing your world. This makes me sad because it's an awesome weapon. I think it's important to warn people about this so they can avoid what Wolf and I have experienced, along with I'm sure many others.

Strange my crossbow maxed out a .25 with out issue.
Ah, could you have bin using one of the ones from a reward bag. Those with pre-set upgrades can be a bit finicky.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Please read the thread - at least 10 pages back. You need to install pack version 1.0.3, then update to recommended. This will fix the start menu issue.
As for miner's delight: go to your save folder, delete folder named "DIM14" and replace it with folder "DIM14", located in MaterialEnergy4/minecraft/template.

Our pack dev needs to update the pack with a fix.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'm either going mad, or the game is.

I have updated F-C to version 0.5d, and now instead of 2.5 stacks of legendary reward bag shards I've got 2.5 stacks of red alloy shards. This may explain why was I getting red alloy ingots instead of legendary bags.
Time to hop into my test world and check what was in those secret stashes...

UPD: The stashes contain Red Alloy chunks. And it may indeed be the intended reward: having a stack (61, to be exact) of legendary reward bag chunks sounds too OP to me.

Last edited:

SlayerOfTheBad

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I'm either going mad, or the game is.

I have updated F-C to version 0.5d, and now instead of 2.5 stacks of legendary reward bag shards I've got 2.5 stacks of red alloy shards. This may explain why was I getting red alloy ingots instead of legendary bags.
Time to hop into my test world and check what was in those secret stashes...

UPD: The stashes contain Red Alloy chunks. And it may indeed be the intended reward: having a stack (61, to be exact) of legendary reward bag chunks sounds too OP to me.
That sounds too OP for you?... Then I might've gone a bit over the top creating over 1500 legendary reward bags, huh?

...My ME system is starting to fill up :/

Pinaz993

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with HQM. Every time I exit out of a Quest Book (OP or not), the internal server crashes. It only started doing it recently, after I AFKed for several 12+ hr periods. But I hope you have some more data on it than I do currently.

More info (subject to edit)
Currently discovered crash triggers:
Creating a party
Exiting a Quest Book
Collecting reward on a quest
Opening a quest book after deleting players.dat and doing /hqm quest

I deleted players.dat and the backup, and I no longer had the perms to use the op book, or give myself the book. Even after I opened the game to LAN. I deleted those and everything in the playerdata folder, and when I loaded up the world, it crashed to desktop.

Restarting Minecraft didn't fix the problem, neither did restarting my computer.

I tried making a new world and putting the dims back in to keep my stuff, and that didn't work either.

Would the fact that I changed my username at Mojang possibly have an effect on all this?

NBT Explorer didn't open <world>\HardcoreQuesting\players.dat Do you guys know of anything that will?

I have another, possibly unrelated problem. Sometimes when I start the game, my wings are gone. This indicates a possible corruption of player data. Not good.

Last edited:

KIRTAP2

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone needs reloth?
I have a little bit too much of it...
PL0Nc9C

;) And I don't know where the hell I got 524K of it.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
How do you even get one? o:
One is easy enough:
It's in the Green Room of the first Inclusion Chamber, in a chest behind/under the stairs.
If you hang onto it until late game (well into Lost In Time), a quest will be unlocked in the Secrets chapter that will give you a large storage cell full of them.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Is Boni Bacon supposed to be a Secret quest? I got the bag today, but no quest popped up in the book. Also, I can't put the boni bacon in the frame in the VM. Am I missing something obvious?