[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Also, what do i plant the Coco Beans on? Do i need to use MineChem to get Jungle Wood?
Pretty much, but it's relatively easy to get once you've got the synthesizer (the recipe should be in NEI, it's just cellulose in one of the slots).

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Ok, probably an easy answer to this, but how do I get eggs? lol my chickens are only dropping feathers

Starting with 2-3 yellow chickens, it took me about 1 stack of seeds to get 2 white chickens. You can also get eggs from the chicken trophy, once per log in or placement. In the beta versions of the pack, eggs were giving me wild chickens, this time they gave me white chickens.

Painstouch

Jul 29, 2019
Bug: Queen's Gold quest, choosing the Scythe gave me 5x Large Plate instead.

EDIT: You might as well change the description of the Recipe: 8 gold ingots and 1 emerald NUGGET!

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
out of curiosity - has anyone been able to get a weapon which would 1-shot fallen knights?
I'm using cleaver with full quartz +1x smite and I still will be able to get 1 more modifier. Now it's at +51attack so with the last modifier will be probably sth like +56 but still it's not even close to 1-shoting them. 1 hit takes about 75-80% of their hp only.
Maybe some1 has a better combination? Maybe rapier is the way to go here? Or maybe full smite instead of quartz?

Last edited:

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
Starting with 2-3 yellow chickens, it took me about 1 stack of seeds to get 2 white chickens. You can also get eggs from the chicken trophy, once per log in or placement. In the beta versions of the pack, eggs were giving me wild chickens, this time they gave me white chickens.
I just bred two wild chickens until I got two new little ones, killed the first two and continued with the little ones. With this method it took like 10-14 seeds

out of curiosity - has anyone been able to get a weapon which would 1-shot fallen knights?
I'm using cleaver with full quartz +1x smite and I still will be able to get 1 more modifier. Now it's at +51attack so with the last modifier will be probably sth like +56 but still it's not even close to 1-shoting them. 1 hit takes about 75-80% of their hp only.
Maybe some1 has a better combination? Maybe rapier is the way to go here? Or maybe full smite instead of quartz?
I had a longbow on 0.7 which one shooted those silly guys.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Turning off particles doesn't change it any, but turning off the F7 function that shows valid spawning spaces changed it from 80-370 tick skips down to much more occasional 40 tick skips. Anyone have any ideas?

Only that that place must have so many hidden spawning places. Eeep.

WorstDevil

Jul 29, 2019
Could you be more specific? I mean mats/enchants/arrows.. tbh I never used TC bows, only melee weapons
Sure. Blue slime limbs, manyullyn large plate, usual bowstring, maxed it out with redstone to get 0.25 draw speed. That's the max u can get, didn't care bout other stats, but mby some1 has a neat idea what to put on coz I'm rebuilding the bow in new world slowly. As for the arrows, mannyullyn arrow head, bone rod and slime fetching, added a lot of quartz and 1 or 2 moss to make it restore itself. That's bout it, hope it helped

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As a rough guess, it's probably down to their armour, so rather than a cleaver (brute force), it'd be better to look into something that pierces (rapier, etc.)?

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
As a rough guess, it's probably down to their armour, so rather than a cleaver (brute force), it'd be better to look into something that pierces (rapier, etc.)?
that was my initial thinking but my initial test showed that rapier is not even close to cleaver.. no idea why.. maybe I did sth wrong. That's why I ask

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
that was my initial thinking but my initial test showed that rapier is not even close to cleaver.. no idea why.. maybe I did sth wrong. That's why I ask
Rapier is limited in the number of things that it can have. I'm assuming that the added effect of the piercing does less good overall than the brute force of the cleaver, and I know that quartz has less of an effect on piercing. Possibly try a few of the different weapons, see whether any of the larger ones can pierce, or see if they might be vulnurable to some of the elements (smite, fire, etc.)? The other option would be to see if you can max beheading, because I think that if that succeeds, it's an insta-kill regardless of the health of the mob.

Iridescented

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up, dunno if it's a bug with minechem, but as i decomposed a whole bunch of carbon nanotubes(over 64 stacks), theres a glitch where carbon will continue outputting despite there being nothing to decompose...+side, u get unlimited carbon, -ve side, u cannot decompose anything else...just fyi

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Loaded Redstone Meltdown for the first time since i restarted my map for 1.0.0, did someone forgot to give the Fallen Knights their daily dose of crack-cocaine? They move so slow now :( I was kind of enjoying them running around like headless chickens.