[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
ookk.. I'll describe whole process then but honestly you should know it by following quest line

1) first you get seeds by combining universal seed (which has normal crafting recipe) with the items you want - like for example 10 legendary reward bags - in the seed infuser.
2) then u plant it and wait.. then you will get ROUGH CHUNKS.
3) place rough chunks on the ground (autonomous activator (AA) set to right click works just fine) and smash it with CRYSTAL HAMMER (also AA works here just fine). then you get ROUGH SHARDS
4) place rough shards in the gem cutter, power it, wait and then you get SMOOTH SHARD
5) place smooth shard in the gem refiner, power it, wait and then you got your item - legendary reward bag as an example. The thing is that you have to have specific number of smooth shards per item. In case of legendary reward bag the magic number is 16.. but that varies depending on seed/item.

Unfortunately I have no idea if you can automate the machines.. I had no luck trying to pipe items in/out :( I asked Jared if that is intended in his mod thread @ minecraftforum so look there for an answer.

Edit: But to be perfectly honest even without automation this is OP as hell.. my 9x9 farm work for about an hour and I already have well over 100 legendary reward bags with minimal power and resource requirements.
Compare that to the cost and rf requirements of farming station.. or powered spawner.. or any fusion/fission.. it looks waaaaaay off in terms of balance.

Last edited:

uwotm8

Jul 29, 2019
@Proaxel and @Dashy and all others with similar problems - on the topic of replacing DIMs, few words of explanation because apparently some of you are confused. Maybe it will help you understand the process.

When you enter a certain DIM for a first time it is loaded up from a template.
Then it is copied to your save folder and all further modifications that YOU made are stored there - in the save folder - while the template remains intact.

The thing is that you started from an old template (probably v0.6 or 0.7) so your save is based on that.
Updating the mod pack DOES NOT replace your save - only the templates. Because of that even after an update you still have old type of wool, empty blocks in place of poor ores etc etc. You have new quests, new mod versions and all of that but the map version is outdated.

If you update now and then visit any NEW DIM you have never been to before it will be copied from the template - all will be fine, because you already have new templates.
However if you update and then visit any DIM that you have already been to it will be loaded from your SAVE, not from the template.

You may manually update those DIMs but be warned - you WILL LOSE ALL PROGRESS/CHANGES made in this particular DIM by doing so.

Now how to do that:
Your template folder is located here: c:\games\minecraft\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\template\
Your save folder is located here: c:\games\minecraft\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\saves\abc\ ("abc" being your world name)

All you have to do is close minecraft and copy the DIM folder you want from your 'template' to your 'save'. Just be aware that this will reset this dimension to its default state.

As for which DIM number corresponds to which spatial area - look at the first post in this thread, there is a list there.
So lets say you want to get new version of Miner’s Delight - it has nr 14 on the list, so all you have to do is to copy DIM14 from templates to save... and that's it.

Hope it will help someone. Cheers
Thanks man, this was a real help! I have the Ice Palace IO Disk but whenever I load it, there is nothing there. The area that loads is the one at the beginning of the game, but other areas are loading so I don't know the problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
Ice Palace was broken in 1.0.0 and fixed in 1.0.1. No idea if it requires a manual overwrite of DIM (it could if you started your play in 1.0.0 or before). You can always try - it's DIM34.

edit: just tested it in my world. I started from ver 1.0.0, now at 1.0.1 and Ice palace loaded just fine without touching DIM34 folder. So I guess it shouldn't require any manual update.

edit2: I give up.. I even tried to purposely brake it. I loaded 2nd area without unloading previous and made it so "ice palace" disk loaded biosphere4, and biosphere4 disk loaded ice palace. Then I just reset DIM20 and DIM34 by copying folders from templates to save and it worked.. all was restored to original state. No idea... works for me every time.

Last edited:

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
ookk.. I'll describe whole process then but honestly you should know it by following quest line

1) first you get seeds by combining universal seed (which has normal crafting recipe) with the items you want - like for example 10 legendary reward bags - in the seed infuser.
2) then u plant it and wait.. then you will get ROUGH CHUNKS.
3) place rough chunks on the ground (autonomous activator (AA) set to right click works just fine) and smash it with CRYSTAL HAMMER (also AA works here just fine). then you get ROUGH SHARDS
4) place rough shards in the gem cutter, power it, wait and then you get SMOOTH SHARD
5) place smooth shard in the gem refiner, power it, wait and then you got your item - legendary reward bag as an example. The thing is that you have to have specific number of smooth shards per item. In case of legendary reward bag the magic number is 16.. but that varies depending on seed/item.

Unfortunately I have no idea if you can automate the machines.. I had no luck trying to pipe items in/out :( I asked Jared if that is intended in his mod thread @ minecraftforum so look there for an answer.

Edit: But to be perfectly honest even without automation this is OP as hell.. my 9x9 farm work for about an hour and I already have well over 100 legendary reward bags with minimal power and resource requirements.
Compare that to the cost and rf requirements of farming station.. or powered spawner.. or any fusion/fission.. it looks waaaaaay off in terms of balance.

Can you automate the machines?? :) cheers dude, much appreciated. I should have followed the quest line like you said but just got impatient :)

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
Can you automate the machines?? :) cheers dude, much appreciated. I should have followed the quest line like you said but just got impatient :)
PATIENCE.. and reading skills I guess :p
Here is the link to the post: check there if any answers came up.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the ITT config...

# Disables less-useful modifiers on levelups. Like a sword with silktouch, or a pickaxe with beheading. [default: true]
B:UsefulBonuses=false

@parcel31u trolls be trolling :) Also it helps explain the bane of athropod on my shovel and crit+ on my axe xD

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get into the overworld or nether? The change log for 1.00 said it is now possible.

I've only found one way to enter the overworld and its kind of abstract:
1. Craft Deep Dark Portal.
2. Enter by right clicking.
3. Exit Deep Dark by right clicking portal inside the dimension.
4. You will appear in the overworld near an end portal and another deep dark portal.

--Build a nether portal there if you so desire.

Once you leave the overworld, by entering the end portal, you spawn in an area with tons of enderman and a long walkway, Anyone know of its purpose? All i have found is that theres a button to return to the reflection pool.

Is there a end portal somewhere in the end or is my technique the only way to leave?

Note: Building a nether portal in the end does not work.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
If you press "u" on any piece of a smeltery (I was trying to see if I could recycle a casting table, since I built one and then received one as a quest reward), the game opens up a MineChem decomposition screen, but then freezes. I have to force close Minecraft/Java, thus no crash log. The final text in the general log is just a normal "Saving world data" line.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get into the overworld or nether? The change log for 1.00 said it is now possible.

<removed>

Is there a end portal somewhere in the end or is my technique the only way to leave?

There is a late quest to go to the overworld and it does it the way you did.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia

1. Craft Deep Dark Portal.
2. Enter by right clicking.
3. Exit Deep Dark by right clicking portal inside the dimension.
4. You will appear in the overworld near an end portal and another deep dark portal.

--Build a nether portal there if you so desire.

Once you leave the overworld, by entering the end portal, you spawn in an area with tons of enderman and a long walkway, Anyone know of its purpose? All i have found is that theres a button to return to the reflection pool.

In 0.7, the end dragon portal was about 200 blocks from the pre-game spawn location & completely encased in bedrock. I have no idea where that is in relation to our obsidian bubble.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Just got that same kind of crash again, with red tinted Tinker's Construct glass. It seems like blocks from TC might be in general unhappy with MineChem, or vice versa. I've looked at weapons with MineChem without issue

Dis iz Chris

Jul 29, 2019
I've had these issues as well and I've found that the Ender IO magnet causes this problem, try turning it off if your using it.
oh... so its all the magnets fault, well thats good to know.

Restarted the other day, and have basically caught up to where i was before already (just finished keeby's). I don't have infinite resources due to lucky drum loots, but i did get an angel ring from a bag, so I'm not complaining :)

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having weird lag issues in the Reflection of Space area in 1.0.1? Closing the area and relogging fixes it, and if I get further away from it the lag stops, but anywhere near it, everything slows way down. Is it something to do with the voidstone? That's the only thing I can think of that's different about that area.

Edit: And then in Inclusion Chamber^4:

Code:
[23:24:59] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 18473ms behind, skipping 369 tick(s)
[23:25:40] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 4022ms behind, skipping 80 tick(s)
[23:26:12] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 18488ms behind, skipping 369 tick(s)
[23:26:16] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 4263ms behind, skipping 85 tick(s)
[23:26:38] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 10554ms behind, skipping 211 tick(s)
[23:26:57] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 9587ms behind, skipping 191 tick(s)

Nothing else showing in the console, just crippling lag.

Edit 2: Once I'd fully lit up the Reflection of Space, lag ceased. In 0.7.0 most voidstone didn't count as a spawning surface... has something changed in its code that causes checks for spawning too frequently or some such?

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having weird lag issues in the Reflection of Space area? Closing the area and relogging fixes it, and if I get further away from it the lag stops, but anywhere near it, everything slows way down. Is it something to do with the voidstone? That's the only thing I can think of that's different about that area.

Void stone generates partials right? That could be it try turning them off.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
Void stone generates partials right? That could be it try turning them off.

Turning off particles doesn't change it any, but turning off the F7 function that shows valid spawning spaces changed it from 80-370 tick skips down to much more occasional 40 tick skips. Anyone have any ideas?

ryry46d9

Jul 29, 2019
They go from wild chicken to chicken.
also you can decomposer the feathers to get 8 water and 6 nitrogen :)