[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
*really good explanation*

Thanks for that post Qcor, the problem however (for me) is that it does not work. Copying dimension 31 over from template to my save does not affect the keeby's idea machine area.

If I start a new map and use the OP hqm book to cheat through all quest to get the idea machine disk the area loads properly (I can hear the wolves, really annoying :) ).

If I re-give myself the quest reward (again using the OP hqm book) and load that disk, I seem to get the mob spawn area (big empty room with factory blocks and conveyer belts etc.).

So maybe the idea machine is not dimension 31 (like the OP states) or perhaps the disk 'contents' cannot be overwritten? Should the area be loaded before I copy the dimension over?

Or is there a way to 'reset' the player has visitied dimension 31 somewhere (aside from deleting the folder?).

I spent a good bit of time on this modpack and am loving, I would hate to stop now (too much time invested already to restart).

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
well... this is strange. it really SHOULD work.
I just checked and DIM31 is an Idea Machine, that's for sure.
Also I tested twice (exact steps):
1) load area
2) make some changes
3) unload, put disk in players inventory
4) close minecraft
5) copy over files from template to save
6) load area

Area loaded without changes made in 2)... so it was reset.. as it should. both times.
Odd thing I noticed was that first time I clicked the button area didn't load at all.. I clicked 2nd time (after few seconds) and then it worked... no idea why.

Can't help you I'm afraid :( I have no clue what could be the reason.
One more thing you could test is the disk from 'secret bedrock room' (the one just outside the giant obsidian sphere we are in, near the bottom x=937,y=16,z=1070ish). There is a chest there, with all 29 spatial disks. The problem is that you probably have old versions there since its dim1 which you didnt update. But who knows.. maybe it will help somehow.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You tried to paint with a Thermal expansion machine or what?

I did. And that appears to be the crash log from when I did that. But that wasn't what I was doing when I crashed last. I don't think that one produced a log. :/

Eternals

Jul 29, 2019
is this true version of biosphere ı try to upragrade to new version hope ı did :)
did witches get remove and also the cats ??
MPRnXa.png

RyTechro

Jul 29, 2019
is this true version of biosphere ı try to upragrade to new version hope ı did :)
MPRnXa.png

Yea thats the biosphere, the new one. I can see by the chest on the pillar thingy.

Do remember to light it up well. There are a few places not well lit. If you don't know, you can check with F7

Reactions: Eternals

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
well... this is strange. it really SHOULD work.
I just checked and DIM31 is an Idea Machine, that's for sure.
Also I tested twice (exact steps):
1) load area
2) make some changes
3) unload, put disk in players inventory
4) close minecraft
5) copy over files from template to save
6) load area

Area loaded without changes made in 2)... so it was reset.. as it should. both times.
Odd thing I noticed was that first time I clicked the button area didn't load at all.. I clicked 2nd time (after few seconds) and then it worked... no idea why.

Can't help you I'm afraid :( I have no clue what could be the reason.
One more thing you could test is the disk from 'secret bedrock room' (the one just outside the giant obsidian sphere we are in, near the bottom x=937,y=16,z=1070ish). There is a chest there, with all 29 spatial disks. The problem is that you probably have old versions there since its dim1 which you didnt update. But who knows.. maybe it will help somehow.

Ok, I flew to the coordinates and found the room with the chest. I guess I started before the idea machine was even introduced because that one is not in the chest.

My next option would be to use MCEdit to copy the region from a restarted map, load it in my normal save (at the exact same coordinates I think, and then spawn in a new disk, and store it in that? Does that sound like a possibility?

Eternals

Jul 29, 2019
ı think its possible and it smart :)

if you do say us so we can do too

but there is problem mcedit support with ae2

Last edited:

Shaithlis

Jul 29, 2019
I have version 1.0.0, is there a changelog located anywhere that describes what was changed in version 1.0.1?

NVM, I tracked it down on his Twitter

Fixed Ice Palace from exploding
Updated Chisel
Added Custom Main Menu
Added Resource Loader
Updated Flux-Crystals

Last edited:

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Count me as stupid... but how is it with timeflow in unloaded spatial areas ? I am asking mainly because of two things: 1) I don't want to fill my entire observatory with machinery (where else to put them to have them nearby), 2) Spatial areas are unloaded after saving to disk.
I am asking, because is possible to unload area to disk with you inside and area is normally working. you can even leave boundaries of unloaded area (Direwolf20 did this at the end of his last Letsplay series). And what about ChickenChunks ? If this mod could be here, could be possible to chunkload spatial areas while they are unloaded in disks ?

P.S. When I tried to use compact machine space (or how is that mod named), after transporting inside, I was usually struck on place (like when your PC cant load world fast enough) and I was unable to do anything, only leave area with shrinking device.

Gamewalker

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
what mod is it that makes the mobs so hardcore? I like it and would like to use it on my other servers aswell.

greetings

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
mcedi
ı think its possible and it smart :)

if you do say us so we can do too

but there is problem mcedit support with ae2

Well it seems to have worked at least somewhat. I moved the idea machine contents over to my normal world (man mcedit is not very easy to use). I can still swap other areas in and out, so that's good.
What did not work was spawning in an new empty disk. I can store the idea machine on it, but unloading it back to disk leaves some weird area with pitch black blocks (nox?) and liquid ender.

I will try to progress to the area and see where I end up.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
The Witches and cats are in Biosphere^4. the "second" biosphere.

Count me as stupid... but how is it with timeflow in unloaded spatial areas ? I am asking mainly because of two things: 1) I don't want to fill my entire observatory with machinery (where else to put them to have them nearby), 2) Spatial areas are unloaded after saving to disk.
I am asking, because is possible to unload area to disk with you inside and area is normally working. you can even leave boundaries of unloaded area (Direwolf20 did this at the end of his last Letsplay series). And what about ChickenChunks ? If this mod could be here, could be possible to chunkload spatial areas while they are unloaded in disks ?

P.S. When I tried to use compact machine space (or how is that mod named), after transporting inside, I was usually struck on place (like when your PC cant load world fast enough) and I was unable to do anything, only leave area with shrinking device.
For 1, you can expand above the observatory, as well as below (massive room with the AE Controller super-structure in the middle box). I usually place my machines on the main level and pass the wiring, as well as anything that gets automated, below.

I place all my farm-type structures (wheat, cocoa, sugar canes, trees, etc.) above the observatory (on the roof, so-to-speak) and I move the Big Reactor to above the Spatial Chamber (because if you ever end up using an ender-Thermic Pump to collect the fluids at the bottom of the zones, it'll pump out the fluid from your Big Reactor too, messing up the multi-structure.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
As for time flow in spatial areas - in theory you could do that, but there are no chunk loaders in this pack.
Also single player world works a bit different than in client+server mode. Maybe it was changed in recent versions of minecraft but if not then it will NOT work in single player world even if you chunk load it. Whole DIM is unloaded when you leave it, regardless of chunk loaders. You would have to use client/server mode for it to work.
(Or at least that was the case some time ago.. if they changed it then please correct me)

Personally I do as @5il3nc3r said - 2lvls of observatory + farms on the roof + spawners on the roof of spatial areas are more than enough in terms of free space

disk leaves some weird area with pitch black blocks (nox?) and liquid ende
this sounds like "end swirl" area. lots of black blocks + enderman spawners + liquid ender at the bottom

Iridescented

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Parcel, I don't know if it's a bug, but I can't seem to use the farm manager, i place it down and insert the powered soil, but it won't place the powered soil...and if i place the powered soil myself, it doesn't seem to register and won't grow the seeds. Any ideas?

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Parcel, I don't know if it's a bug, but I can't seem to use the farm manager, i place it down and insert the powered soil, but it won't place the powered soil...and if i place the powered soil myself, it doesn't seem to register and won't grow the seeds. Any ideas?

read my posts from last few pages and all will be clear
yes it's is a bug and yes you can fix it.. that's up to you. all instructions are there.

honestly I'm not sure if u should. I just started automating it and it looks OP.. very much so. I think the grow rates and drop rates should be balanced. I just started and already getting legendary reward bag every few min.. and that is from one 5x5 farm which cost almost nothing to set up

mstiles92

Jul 29, 2019
There is one problem I've been having since 1.0.0 that I don't think was in 0.7.0. The main interface seems unusually laggy - selecting tools on the hotbar often snaps back, and trying to right-click-and-hold things is problematic. Food resets its animation; so do bows, which makes them really a pain to use (but as far as I can tell they still actually draw properly).

/cofh tps reports no problems, everything running at 100%.

I have been having the same issue as well. Anybody know how to fix this?

Frost01

Jul 29, 2019
This might not be the right place for this, but how on earth do I use a crystal cutter? And, on the note of crystals, adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the .json files caused my client to crash while loading, do I have to do anything else?

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
This might not be the right place for this, but how on earth do I use a crystal cutter? And, on the note of crystals, adding "dimensionWhitelist":1 to the .json files caused my client to crash while loading, do I have to do anything else?
You mean gem cutter I guess. From what I can tell you put your ROUGH shards in the left slot, and the output will be on the right.
Bottom right slots are for upgrades I guess. No idea about middle one yet

It should not crash. You are probably missing some colon or sth like that. It worked for me and few other ppl so in general it works.
Just try with the files I uploaded and lets us know if u still get a crash.

Attachments

• fluxedCrystals.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 119

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
While on fluxed crystals then, anyone know what to do with the chunks? I have 18 rough legendary chunks and can't work it out! gem cutter is working as I spawned in a few rough shards to check and they turned smooth but chunks don't. They do nothing in a crafting table either!