[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
So I stupidly took all the coral wools out the chest and died and lost my gravestone (dont ask lol) Is there a way to get coral wool? I cant seem to be able to cheat it in?

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that completed the quest, but do I not need the actual wool to put into the trophy room? Or is that just for show? For some reason I got it in my head that something happens when all the wools are in place. I'm being really dense aren't I lol ??

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that completed the quest, but do I not need the actual wool to put into the trophy room? Or is that just for show? For some reason I got it in my head that something happens when all the wools are in place. I'm being really dense aren't I lol ??
I *think* its for show, but there might be a purpose. However, I think that it becomes coloured wool, rather than named wool when placed.

Shilldog

Jul 29, 2019
No its fine, it's my fault, I sent the decompose to only use a small amount of energy. I can just bump it up to around 700 RF

Just so you know, 2 hydrogen is like 2500 RF, so that leaves a net gain still. When I started building it, it seemed mildly "easy".

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Au is Gold. I think you are looking for Al, wich is aluminium.
No, there is an actual issue with aluminium being made from the Au element, and not the Al one. At present, it seems that the only way to convert the Au element into actual gold is in block form (which is rather costly on the energy front).

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Out of interest, what are people's typical sources of redstone? I seem to be constantly running out. Do I need to make do with rewards and the small amounts from the poor ores, is there a pocket of proper ore that I've not found yet, or is there somewhere else to get it?

Shilldog

Jul 29, 2019
Out of interest, what are people's typical sources of redstone? I seem to be constantly running out. Do I need to make do with rewards and the small amounts from the poor ores, is there a pocket of proper ore that I've not found yet, or is there somewhere else to get it?

There's better ore at the bottom of the poor ore chamber. Including some dense redstone I believe.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
There's better ore at the bottom of the poor ore chamber. Including some dense redstone I believe.
I know that there's tin in the back right, and iron front left, ferrous middle left, I'm assuming that asking for help is classed as cheating? Guess it's back to spelunking again. At least I've got something that can OSK most mobs now.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a weird texture bug, at least I'm assuming it's a bug, in the Rotunda^4. I originally installed the first public beta and haven't world reset since, just upgrading. I have also disabled Poor Ores in the past to be able to use a resource pack (Soartex). I tried disabling the resource pack, re adding Poor Ores, and still the same. Is there anything I can do about them?

2015-01-07_09.17.13.png

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a weird texture bug, at least I'm assuming it's a bug, in the Rotunda^4. I originally installed the first public beta and haven't world reset since, just upgrading. I have also disabled Poor Ores in the past to be able to use a resource pack (Soartex). I tried disabling the resource pack, re adding Poor Ores, and still the same. Is there anything I can do about them?

Not gotten to that point yet, but it's MCs default no-texture texture. What are the blocks in view? More Ztones?

Duckzeus

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue with a couple of the spatial drives, I started on version 0.5 and recently updated to 0.7. Followed the directions in the main post however still having an issue with 2 of the areas, specifically "redstone meltdown" and "end swirl". Redstone meltdown is not listed in the spatial drives list on the OP and dimension 32 does not seem to be loaded by the end swirl disk.
According to the original post end swirl is dimension 32 however that dimension is loaded by putting the redstone meltdown disk in the spatial IO. (tested multiple times to be sure)
when I put the end swirl disk in the IO port i get an empty room with mobs at the bottom but no blocks,
when I put the redstone meltdown disk in the io port I get what seems to me like end swirl with a bunch of endermen, the black lapis stuff and a bunch of resonant ender.

I have re-copied dimensions 32 and 33 several times with the same results

For reference here is the process i used,

updated to 0.7
created new world called "0.7 update"
exited back to launch screen
copied all dimensions I had not yet visited from 0.7 update folder to original world folder
relaunched game
placed redstone meltdown disk in IO drive and checked spatial area

Any help would be appreciated

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia

There are some chisel redstone blocks in the rotunda that can be converted back, & lots of redstone & lapis in the vanilla mining area (I think the disc comes in a reward bag).

Reactions: JGrenier

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
There are some chisel redstone blocks in the rotunda that can be converted back, & lots of redstone & lapis in the vanilla mining area (I think the disc comes in a reward bag).
My main question was whether there's any standard or dense ore in the Miner's Paradise, as the poor version does tend to grate after a while.

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am just starting new series of Material Energy 4, so I would like to see some feedback if its possible :) Link of my channel is in my signature. Thanks guys!

PokeMinecraft14

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I'm getting crazy low fps. In the starting are I get 4-5 fps. Only 1-2 in the main map. I have settings turned down and 1.75GB of RAM allocated. What am I doing wrong?

Also I am unable to install optifine. I try to drag and drop it into the mods folder of the modpack but it says the file is invalid or corrupted. I know it is not either of these since it is a copy of the optifine I use regularly in 1.7.10. Explanation please? I really want to play this pack. I can even run attack of the b team without optifine alright and that has over twice as many mods.

EDIT: I turned off mipmapping and now I get 30 fps :) Strange, the purpose of mipmapping in most cases is to reduce lag right?

Last edited: