[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

yoyodawulf

Jul 29, 2019
This is because the previous quest offered a Kiparis sapling from the Ancient Trees Mod. When crafting the part builder with a Kiparis log, it would default to an oak part builder. HQM detects items using one of the following four configs: Precise Detection, NBT detection, Fuzzy Detection, and Ore Dictionary detection. Unfortunately, HQM has difficulty detecting different types of part builders, since they share the same id's as the stencil table, but different damage values. Precise won't work, since it wants the exact part, e.g. 613:1. NBT detection won't work since there isn't any different NBT data per part builder. Fuzzy Detection will work, but it will also detect the stencil table when you craft a part builder, since it ignores damage values, e.g. the :1 after. Ore Dictionary doesn't apply to this item.

Easiest solution I can think of is making the trees in the Green Room oak trees. There is another way to get the Birch saplings later.

Or you can just decompose some saplings with Minechem into cellulose, then synthesize a few oak saplings.

How far along were you into the quests before updating? And what version did you update from? (e.g. 1.04, 1.50)

Well, it's bound to happen with some quests - especially if you remove a mod or two :) Easiest solution I can think of is: /hqm edit, open the OP quest book, shift click on the quest to complete it.

I ended up just reinstalling the older version of the pack and taking pictures of all of the questbook pages. Then I installed the update, deleted the HQM data from my save file, and OP-questbooked all of my previously completed quests.

Thanks for the help though :)

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely I should be the one to be posting this, nor am I sure this should be posted her at all, but I feel this needs to be known and seen. Some of you may know this but Parcel is completely stepping away from all minecraft things and is selling his gaming PC, from playing, to developing the wonderful packs that he has made.
I'm not here to ask him to stay.
I'm not here to create drama.
I'm not here to attack his possible motives for this.
I'm here to thank him.
@parcel31u, thank you for what you have done for this community. You, and your incredible creativity will be sorely missed. You were not always met with the most understanding criticism, whether it be due to making the player think to much on creative strategies to taking on hordes of mobs, to creating a pack that was vastly different from your others. All in all, I wish you luck in your further endeavors.
Live long and prosper.

capSAR273

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not entirely I should be the one to be posting this, nor am I sure this should be posted her at all, but I feel this needs to be known and seen. Some of you may know this but Parcel is completely stepping away from all minecraft things and is selling his gaming PC, from playing, to developing the wonderful packs that he has made.
I'm not here to ask him to stay.
I'm not here to create drama.
I'm not here to attack his possible motives for this.
I'm here to thank him.
@parcel31u, thank you for what you have done for this community. You, and your incredible creativity will be sorely missed. You were not always met with the most understanding criticism, whether it be due to making the player think to much on creative strategies to taking on hordes of mobs, to creating a pack that was vastly different from your others. All in all, I wish you luck in your further endeavors.
Live long and prosper.
I'm sorry but until I see Parcel say this himself I must remain skeptical as to if it is even true. Anyone have a source from him saying he is leaving? If it's true, sad to see him go, but I will make it a goal to finish all the Material Energy packs as they were so much fun!

Reactions: dmaster8

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry but until I see Parcel say this himself I must remain skeptical as to if it is even true. Anyone have a source from him saying he is leaving? If it's true, sad to see him go, but I will make it a goal to finish all the Material Energy packs as they were so much fun!
It may be sad, but it is true:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: adamich

cjb1987192

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone taking charge of the mod pack or is this the end? Also I was wondering if should install a mini map or not?

Wolpertinger

Jul 29, 2019
This might be a dumb question, but how in the world do I use the soulbound books? The anvil won't let me add a soulbound book to pretty much anything at all.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what I meant. I mean now that parcel31u is stepping down is anyone going to take his/her place?

You mean updating the pack to new versions of individual mods. This isn't a normal open ended pack. It has a dedicated structure. Updating like that would have a far greater chance of breaking everything.
And there is really no need to update the at all.

dmaster8

Jul 29, 2019
You mean updating the pack to new versions of individual mods. This isn't a normal open ended pack. It has a dedicated structure. Updating like that would have a far greater chance of breaking everything.
And there is really no need to update the at all.
It also would be hard for someone else to update it because they don't really know what parcel wants :p

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, senpai noticed me! Lol. Well hello. It's very nice to meet you! Did you mean to reply to my questions on farming and crafting cookies or did you mean to reply to my Material Energy 5 question?

Material energy 5??? Well someone was working on a mod that let you alter tick speed. :D

VenoM_31

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to remove that glitchy music remix? I've looked through the "...\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\resources" folder, and don't see any music added. But I can hear it while playing. It was kind of fine for the 1st time around but now it's starting to get on my nerves really badly. 'Cause otherwise this pack is really good.
the missing/inconsistent mods issue, like Forestry, resulting in incompletable quests like with TiCon's Part Builder, and I do believe, something later down the line...

Reactions: adamich

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to remove that glitchy music remix? I've looked through the "...\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\resources" folder, and don't see any music added. But I can hear it while playing. It was kind of fine for the 1st time around but now it's starting to get on my nerves really badly. 'Cause otherwise this pack is really good.
the missing/inconsistent mods issue, like Forestry, resulting in incompletable quests like with TiCon's Part Builder, and I do believe, something later down the line...
Omg that's regular vanilla music lol

Reactions: fedprod and adamich