[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, that didn't help. I always unload the discs and even check in the Observatory if it successfully did so before loading a new area. For the ForgeCraft disc, it just didn't load anything (even on the first try) but it got rid of the glass at the bottom of the chamber. According to the video, the glass (and the light) would still be there if hadn't unloaded it properly first (so if the chamber is really empty). I guess, there's something wrong with the disc.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, good thing I've actually got some TNT...well, to quote a certain boss from World of Warcraft, "Let fire rain from above!"

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question:
how do you get back to Deep Dark after completing Overworld quests? I know there is a place with Deep Dark and End portals, but are you supposed to just stumble upon them?
The portals are around 1000, 1000 in the overworld. And other than using the second portal the quest gave you, no, there is no other way.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding one of the very endgame quests...

Has anyone figured out how to get 50 octuple compressed cookies in a rational amount of time? I'm 90%+ done with all the different quest lines except the community spatial areas so maybe 48 octuple compressed cookies are stashed in one of those there are 4 stashed in redstone meltdown. I made a 9x9 wheat farm using a torcherino and EnderIO farming station with an octadic capacitor which is making 360 wheat per minute. Great except it would still take 2.73 years to get enough wheat together for 258,000,000 cookies. And before someone suggests making 10 such farms or 100 we are not even close to the right order of magnitude here so scaling isn't a good solution. I wouldn't even be happy with something which needed a month irl to complete. Do I just need to clear out all the other areas, come up with a massively faster way to farm cookies, or give up completing that particular quest?

Thanks!

EDIT: See post #2555 for a solution to the above question

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this is going to sound really stupid...
How do I turn molten metals into non-molten ingots and blocks? You can't put buckets of resources into a smeltery and you can't pour it in. I'm asking because I just finally got a Torcherino and unlocked the quests, and I'm doing the Ender Pearl one. I've noticed a recipe for Ender Pearls and so I'm gathering all the Meutoite out of the Rotunda^4 that I can (The blocks already there got me ~1/4 the way there). The rest of it is molten and, well, I'm asking. Thank you.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Where can platinum be found? I would like to be shiny :p

Process the ferrous ore from the bottom of miner's delight in a SAG mill with dark steel grinding balls to give yourself your best chance of getting shiny metal dust. Second best would be tossing it in a pulverizer. Later on you'll get spatial areas with tons of dense shiny metal ore but you can get it as early as miner's delight.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this is going to sound really stupid...
How do I turn molten metals into non-molten ingots and blocks? You can't put buckets of resources into a smeltery and you can't pour it in. I'm asking because I just finally got a Torcherino and unlocked the quests, and I'm doing the Ender Pearl one. I've noticed a recipe for Ender Pearls and so I'm gathering all the Meutoite out of the Rotunda^4 that I can (The blocks already there got me ~1/4 the way there). The rest of it is molten and, well, I'm asking. Thank you.

Fluid conduit connected directly to TiCo casting basins. Then use item ducts to pull from the basins and dump to an ME interface. I turned my bedrockium drums of molten gold, tin, copper, and iron into blocks with this method. 35k blocks of iron should hold me for a while!

Also the smeltery drains certainly do accept fluid inputs so you could do it that way too if you wanted. I don't like that for large scale casting. I use external tanks connected to drains to get molten stuff out of the smeltery for things like getting a bucket's worth so I can use that to set filters on ender fluid conduits and such.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid conduit connected directly to TiCo casting basins. Then use item ducts to pull from the basins and dump to an ME interface. I turned my bedrockium drums of molten gold, tin, copper, and iron into blocks with this method. 35k blocks of iron should hold me for a while!

Also the smeltery drains certainly do accept fluid inputs so you could do it that way too if you wanted. I don't like that for large scale casting. I use external tanks connected to drains to get molten stuff out of the smeltery for things like getting a bucket's worth so I can use that to set filters on ender fluid conduits and such.
Oh, you're supposed to use fluid conduits to connect it to a casting basic or a drain. Alright, gotcha. Thanks a lot.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you're supposed to use fluid conduits to connect it to a casting basic or a drain. Alright, gotcha. Thanks a lot.

Liquid Transfer nodes work too. I think they're a tad faster than the basic fluid conduit from EnderIO, at least over short distances.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

Has anyone figured out how to get 50 octuple compressed cookies in a rational amount of time? I'm 90%+ done with all the different quest lines except the community spatial areas so maybe 48 octuple compressed cookies are stashed in one of those there are 4 stashed in redstone meltdown. I made a 9x9 wheat farm using a torcherino and EnderIO farming station with an octadic capacitor which is making 360 wheat per minute. Great except it would still take 2.73 years to get enough wheat together for 258,000,000 cookies. And before someone suggests making 10 such farms or 100 we are not even close to the right order of magnitude here so scaling isn't a good solution. I wouldn't even be happy with something which needed a month irl to complete. Do I just need to clear out all the other areas, come up with a massively faster way to farm cookies, or give up completing that particular quest?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I finished making the torcherino after exploring Redstone Meltdown. Saw the remaining quests after that and said NOPE. 50 Octuple cookies? I'm good, thanks. These are the only quests I have remaining.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been shocked and amused by how pathetically underequipt DW20 and Pahimar continue to be on this map? I got angel wings WAY before the point they are at from farming legendary reward bags. They haven't even touched fluxed crystals, they are barely making use of magmatic florbs although they keep filing them with lava rather than blazing pyrotheum, and I don't think they've used spike #1 or spectre glass which when coupled with spikes makes amazing mob traps. Oh, and they aren't really taking full advantage of Metalurgy 4 either. Hilarious and amusing to me.

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
Have an automation bug. Found an outdated thread that claimed that MineChem was deliberately automation-unfriendly. While others say that they have automated the synthesizer with no problem. I cannot seem to get SFM or EnderIO conduits to draw finished product out of the synthesizer no matter what. However, they did get drawn out by a vanilla hopper underneath. Trouble is, the finished product vanished. Lost about a stack of theo-bromine that way.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
I legitimately laughed when direwolf actually expected to one shot a wither with his vanilla style, unenchanted tartarite sword. I am not very knowledgeable for most of these mods so I can't blame them for not using everything to the fullest. For instance I still have no idea what to do with the forgecraft AE area. Thanks for pointing out the pyrotheum, I never did find a use for it. I have a really lame mob trap with spikes, so I'll look into what spectre glass does.

It might be because I waited until fluxed crystals was the very last series of quests to complete, but it doesn't seem that fantastic. There are too many steps to get material out of it. First you create the seeds, then you plant them, then you harvest them, then you break the blocks into shards, then you refine the shards, then you refine the shards again into items. Combine all that into the fact that the version the pack ships with gives me a permanent memory leak and I don't care for this mod at all. Did I mention that it's impossible to shift click into or out of any of the machines? Yea that's annoying too. Sorry for the rant, but I think it's deserved.

So the quest progression feels like I hit a wall. I got all the wool, made a torcherino (thank you forums for the tip to find cookies), and am working on fluxed crystal stuff. The rest of the pack feels like it is only about the adventuring in disc areas. Between reward bags and hidden chests I never had to spend much time growing things. Suddenly I am playing agrarian skies 1.5 and need to make triple compressed theobrine, octuple compressed cookies by the dozens, infinite amounts of charcoal, sugar cane, ect. I'm not sure I have the patience for this.

The fastest way to farm cookies I have found, even after exploring fluxed crystals, is the repeatable wither quest. So that is 3 quintuple cookies every 200 seconds (4 minecraft hours), which means it would take me 28 days of play time to get that particular quest done.

Fenix chi

Jul 29, 2019
Usa
Can some one please help me I've been running a me4 sever off a secondary system quad core cpu 8gb of ram allocated to server running on deviant wheezy had no prblema untill recently with nei freezing on my main system that's connected and on a diffrent system that connects it lags like crazy opening chests, me systems and quest book.

The server is updated to most recent version with the most recent fluxed crystals added and old version removed . All clients been updated to the same version as server and same version on fluxed crystals.

Thanks in advanced.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, that didn't help. I always unload the discs and even check in the Observatory if it successfully did so before loading a new area. For the ForgeCraft disc, it just didn't load anything (even on the first try) but it got rid of the glass at the bottom of the chamber. According to the video, the glass (and the light) would still be there if hadn't unloaded it properly first (so if the chamber is really empty). I guess, there's something wrong with the disc.

Ok then we are getting into some complicated business.
0. Go to your world save. You can find the general location it by going through edit mod pack> Open Folder.
1. Copy your world and put it somewhere safe.
2. Take a look at this list.
  1. null
  2. null
  3. null
  4. null
  5. null
  6. null
  7. null
  8. Chaser’s Memories
  9. Endside
  10. Inclusion Chamber
  11. Fade
  12. Reflection of Space
  13. Biosphere
  14. Miner’s Delight
  15. Rotunda
  16. Miner’s Delight^4
  17. Nethersphere
  18. Inclusion Chamber^4
  19. Rotunda^4
  20. Biosphere^4
  21. SAND
  22. Nethersphere^4
  23. null
  24. DIAMONDS
  25. Wyld’s Dreams
  26. Minime Lab
  27. Vanilla Mining
  28. Amusement Park
  29. Thermal Mining
  30. Mob System
  31. Idea Machine
  32. End Swirl
These are the dem numbers of the stored arias.
3. Copy the numbered arias stored in \MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\template that you have not bin to. (Otherwise you will reset those arias too.) Including arias 1,-1,33-38,100,-100,310
And past them into your world save.
Load world and check.

Edit: Make sure the aria space is unloaded.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks!

Besides reminding you that toecherinos can be speed up by shift clicking on them. I don't think there is any easy way to get that man.
Though edditing the wither killing quest to remove the time limit of re-doing the quest might be a good idea.
Or adding a new one. Kill 20 withers get a octuple compressed cookie. It would still take a long time but be doable.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been shocked and amused by how pathetically underequipt DW20 and Pahimar continue to be on this map? I got angel wings WAY before the point they are at from farming legendary reward bags. They haven't even touched fluxed crystals, they are barely making use of magmatic florbs although they keep filing them with lava rather than blazing pyrotheum, and I don't think they've used spike #1 or spectre glass which when coupled with spikes makes amazing mob traps. Oh, and they aren't really taking full advantage of Metalurgy 4 either. Hilarious and amusing to me.

They are using an old version of the pack. Fluxed crystals is very buggy in it and so they are avoiding it.
They really need a version with all the mods updated. Of coarse so do we.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Can some one please help me I've been running a me4 sever off a secondary system quad core cpu 8gb of ram allocated to server running on deviant wheezy had no prblema untill recently with nei freezing on my main system that's connected and on a diffrent system that connects it lags like crazy opening chests, me systems and quest book.

The server is updated to most recent version with the most recent fluxed crystals added and old version removed . All clients been updated to the same version as server and same version on fluxed crystals.

Thanks in advanced.

You might be able to use this to see what the problem is.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...2610-server-admin-opis-1-2-3-the-server-admin
That will probably point out any in game isssue.
Like leaving idea machine open or tnt bombing the silver fish stone.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Besides reminding you that toecherinos can be speed up by shift clicking on them. I don't think there is any easy way to get that man.
Though edditing the wither killing quest to remove the time limit of re-doing the quest might be a good idea.
Or adding a new one. Kill 20 withers get a octuple compressed cookie. It would still take a long time but be doable.

I'm not even willing to hand in that many quests manually much less accomplish that many wither kills. I tried killer Joe but he stopped laying into the wither once the wither was half dead. At least the farm is a fire and forget albeit far too slow. I'm still shopping for solutions. And yes I did have the torcherino on +400% tick rate and 9x9x3 good thought though!

EDIT: I've solved this problem - see post #2555. I'm making one octuple compressed cookie every 30 minutes now.

Last edited: