[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
If you need a 2nd drive, you can steal the 1 in the spatial IO room & replace it with an me chest (or a regular chest). I'm saving the bigger drives for when I start the chem lab stuff.

Seriously sitting here with the biggest facepalm you've ever seen b/c I've been trying to figure out how I can get another ME Drive...and I KNEW about the one in the Spatial IO...it just never occurred to me to switch it out with an ME chest.

Reactions: ChemE

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
1)
Make a cactus farm, smelt to greens, decompose to cobalt nitrate and then elemental cobalt and then finally use the synethesizer to turn 16 elemental cobalt into cobalt ingots

2) I've not found an alternative outside of making them. Spatial IO seeds take 32 so that isn't a good option.

3)
It is in your best interest to move the contents of the Spatial IO room to a spot not under the incubation chamber. Doing so reveals a hidden drive in the energy cell multiblock behind the monitor. Next look under the hallway tying the observatory to the incubation chamber and you'll find two ME chests with 4k drives. Finally, scan the upper walls of the reflection pool to find three 64k drives. Now use vanilla chests with storage buses for one off items, tools, etc and you should be good.
There is a chest with 10 1k drives hidden in the rotunda. Get low and look up closely and you should see it. Sneaky Parcel!

You're forgetting the 1024k hidden in the observatory area...all ya gotta do is dig for it ;-)

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a fix for the compressed cookie textures just not showing up? I downgraded to 1.0.3 and then upgraded again to 1.0.4 and the problem did not correct. I've asked the question on reddit too and there seems to be a few other people having the same issue.

Malzie

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with Fluxed Crystals. First, the powered soil is getting no power from the farm block. I get zero growth on the seeds, even with the dimension set in config. Do I have to individually wire each block to a power source? Also, my world lags horribly when ever I have seens planted. It takes almost 5 seconds to open a chest.

The mod seems to be very cool, and I wish it worked flawlessly. I do understand its being developed on the fly, so I am not being too critical. Any help would be appreciated!

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with Fluxed Crystals. First, the powered soil is getting no power from the farm block. I get zero growth on the seeds, even with the dimension set in config. Do I have to individually wire each block to a power source? Also, my world lags horribly when ever I have seens planted. It takes almost 5 seconds to open a chest.

The mod seems to be very cool, and I wish it worked flawlessly. I do understand its being developed on the fly, so I am not being too critical. Any help would be appreciated!

The mod is very much a WIP as I understand it and the farm manager is what is lagging your world horribly; break it. Instead power each block of soil directly with EnderIO conduits and use autonomous activators to handle planting/harvesting. You won't get extra seeds using AA's so you'll have to do the first few crops by hand until you have as many seeds as you want. Then just hook up a vacuum chest in the center and one AA on default settings per powered soil and the farm will run as you intend. Use more AA's and vacuum chests to handle placing the chunks and breaking them with the crystal hammer. EnderIO item conduits can handle moving the rough shards into the gem cutter and smooth shards into the gem refiner. Just make sure you input to the top and pull from the sides.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
The mod is very much a WIP as I understand it and the farm manager is what is lagging your world horribly; break it. Instead power each block of soil directly with EnderIO conduits and use autonomous activators to handle planting/harvesting. You won't get extra seeds using AA's so you'll have to do the first few crops by hand until you have as many seeds as you want. Then just hook up a vacuum chest in the center and one AA on default settings per powered soil and the farm will run as you intend. Use more AA's and vacuum chests to handle placing the chunks and breaking them with the crystal hammer. EnderIO item conduits can handle moving the rough shards into the gem cutter and smooth shards into the gem refiner. Just make sure you input to the top and pull from the sides.

I'm just getting into flux-crystals, and the process from when I break the grown seed until I get the final product (iron, gold, reward bag), is a little confusing. What do you mean by "Placing the chunks and breaking with the crystal hammer"? (I got the infuser working fine to make the seed)

I placed the seeds on the powered soil, and they reached maturity. I have broken them with an empty hand, and most of the time just get a seed back, but sometimes I'll get a rough shard.

What do I do with a rough shard? I have placed them in both the gem cutter and refiner, and nothing happens. Do I need a certain number of shards in the machine before it will do something? How do you know how many? etc.

I googled for any info, but really didn't come up with anything. TIA!

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just getting into flux-crystals, and the process from when I break the grown seed until I get the final product (iron, gold, reward bag), is a little confusing. What do you mean by "Placing the chunks and breaking with the crystal hammer"? (I got the infuser working fine to make the seed)

I placed the seeds on the powered soil, and they reached maturity. I have broken them with an empty hand, and most of the time just get a seed back, but sometimes I'll get a rough shard.

What do I do with a rough shard? I have placed them in both the gem cutter and refiner, and nothing happens. Do I need a certain number of shards in the machine before it will do something? How do you know how many? etc.

I googled for any info, but really didn't come up with anything. TIA!

Don't break the plant.. right click to harvest, leaving the original plant to continue growing. Then have an AA place the shard and another with crystal hammer to break it, rinse repeat.. stick them into refiner

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
Well...finally got to the ^4 areas, continuing to do the quests (I want to finish up the quests in the first page). Did the Spacial IO port quest (the one that requires 20 of them) with the presses from the Inclusion Chamber^4. It was...tedious, to say the least. Now I'm on the quest that requires a compressed dirt seed...the one that requires 32 quadruple compressed dirt to make. As in, just over 200k dirt. I really hope Miner's Delight^4 contains some triple or even quadruple-compressed dirt...
Also, I'm not looking forward to the Legendary reward bag seed quest, because so far I got ONE legendary bag total, from the Redstone community special IO.

For the legendary reward bag seeds...just a tip...what you think is the bottom of the observatory...isn't the bottom...cheers

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
For the legendary reward bag seeds...just a tip...what you think is the bottom of the observatory...isn't the bottom...cheers
You mean the level under the one with the entrance to the special areas? Been there, only found a trophy. Haven't searched the walls. Dug a layer down further, all I saw was a bunch of hex tiles and conveyors, and I decided I don't want anything to do with that.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
You mean the level under the one with the entrance to the special areas? Been there, only found a trophy. Haven't searched the walls. Dug a layer down further, all I saw was a bunch of hex tiles and conveyors, and I decided I don't want anything to do with that.

dig deeper

you need to take a closer look at the hex tiles...and those aren't conveyors...there actually are no conveyors in this pack

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
dig deeper

you need to take a closer look at the hex tiles...and those aren't conveyors...there actually are no conveyors in this pack
...oh. I thought there was nothing under the second layer. Well, serves me right for not knowing better :)

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
...oh. I thought there was nothing under the second layer. Well, serves me right for not knowing better :)

So far, what I've learned from this modpack...break everything...if it looks like a floor...there is probably something underneath it. I'm actually glad I read your post...I had no idea there would be a quest for Legendary Reward Bag seeds...

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
I was completely ignored about my Q about the server earlier. I'm on ubuntu 14.10 and it keeps saying that the EULA needs to be accepted even after I've already accepted it. I've also tried launching the .sh files, all to no use.

Terminal Log: http://pastebin.com/9YDkuMfc

I'm having this same issue. The eula.txt and also the server.properties (perhaps more) get overwritten every time I try to run the server. So my "max players" keeps getting reset and my eula keeps coming back up again. I'm using the linux based MineOS on a standalone box. This works fine for my other servers. DW20, AgSkies, vanilla 1.7.10, vanilla 1.8 all work.

Some things I've noticed:

When I tell the server to download the .zip to keep as a profile for making servers, it never finishes. I'm using the same link that the FTB launcher gives me. Is there any other? I've found that sometimes pointing my server at the home website or FTB's server download page works better. Can't find either for ME4.

The log shows that the world did get created, and that parcel logged in. Probably for some auto scripted setup that requires a fake player. Don't know if that helps, but it did at least get that far. Even though my MineOS dashboard replies with "server did not respond" and then does the eula thing again.

Gpg5, I'm sad to see not much here in reply to your issue. Did you ever get it working? What helped?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Don't break the plant.. right click to harvest, leaving the original plant to continue growing. Then have an AA place the shard and another with crystal hammer to break it, rinse repeat.. stick them into refiner
Oh. Ok, thanks. I'll try all that out.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well,went through the bottom level of the observatory and I'm glad I did. Thanks a lot GuitarCFD for the advice, I found a lot of TEGENDARY chunks. Out of those and what I already had, I made a small tower that I then proceeded to Crystal Hammer down, leaving me with quite a few shards. Now it's a matter of cutting and refining them...this is going to take a long time...

Attachments

• 2015-03-10_21.11.07.png
    2015-03-10_21.11.07.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 2015-03-10_21.26.19.png
    2015-03-10_21.26.19.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 58

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Hey just a general ease of use tip but even though we can't alter the travel anchor settings we are able to break them with a pick and put them in a more convenient spot. The travel anchor in the observatory isn't in a good spot. I placed mine right in front of the ineffable glass seperating the observatory from the spatial incubator. Knowing that, you immediately start with 3 extra travel anchors in the victory monument and the reactor room. Also the elevators in the chem lab are useless early game where they are. I broke them and placed them vertically just inside the spatial incubator so that once a new spatial area is in, I can quickly move downward and get the loots.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to automate the inscriber for Engineering Processor & Calculation Processor using EnderIO conduits and a chest in version 1.0.4? I did it like in this video but whith a chest that contains all the components instead of a AE2 crafting setup. Like in the video, the basic item filters whitelist the Printed Logic Circuit for the top, the redstone for the middle and the Printed Silicon for the bottom slot. But it always only takes either the Printed Logic Circuit or the Printed Silicon and first puts one in the middle and then one in the top slot. If I only connect a single item conduit to the bottom and none to the side or the top, it doesn't do anything - it never puts anything into the bottom slot, I also tried using a transfer pipe before.
Has anyone else had this problem before and can confirm that it is bugged?

My setup:

Attachments

• 2015-03-10_23.33.56.png
    2015-03-10_23.33.56.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to automate the inscriber for Engineering Processor & Calculation Processor using EnderIO conduits and a chest in version 1.0.4? I did it like in this video but whith a chest that contains all the components instead of a AE2 crafting setup. Like in the video, the basic item filters whitelist the Printed Logic Circuit for the top, the redstone for the middle and the Printed Silicon for the bottom slot. But it always only takes either the Printed Logic Circuit or the Printed Silicon and first puts one in the middle and then one in the top slot. If I only connect a single item conduit to the bottom and none to the side or the top, it doesn't do anything - it never puts anything into the bottom slot, I also tried using a transfer pipe before.
I've only ever done it with AE2 itself, using ME Interfaces, Import and Export busses. Since you already have an ME system fully set up, I strongly recommend you just stick to AE2 for it.

For some reason I can't find the video I used to learn but basically, stick the 5 Inscribers next to each other, place ME Interfaces on the back of 4 of them, place the Printed Circuit Patterns in them, and put an Encoded Pattern in the ME Interface that one Silicon/Gold/Quartz/Diamond equals the printed equivalent.

For the 5th one, you want an Export Bus on the back and bottom, for Redstone and Printed Silicon, respectively. (You can add a Crafting upgrade to the bottom Export Bus, so that even if you run out of Printed Silicon, it'll automatically make one). Then, you place an ME Interface on top, with Encoded Patterns for Printed Gold/Quartz/Diamond Circuits to their finished version.

Then, you place Import Busses on the front of all of them, and you're done. Fully automated.

Important Note: All of the Interfaces and Import/Export Busses add up to more than 8, so you can't just connect them all to one line of regular cable. What you could do is connect all the Import/Export Busses to one cable line to the Dense Cable, and the Interfaces together to another section of the Dense Cable.

If you plan on needing a lot of Circuits, consider adding Speed Upgrades to the Inscribers.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019

My setup:

The way I automate this is to use 3 inscribers per circuit type each with 3 acceleration cards because I'm impatient for autocrafting. Have an ME interface with the crafting recipe dump to a chest. Use EnderIO item conduits to pull from the chest and dump to the back of three inscribers. Each outlet needs an item filter to restrict the gold/diamond/pure certus quartz to the top inscriber, the redstone to the middle, and silicon to the bottom inscriber. Then use a single piece of EnderIO item conduit to pull from the sides of the top and bottom inscriber and push to the top/bottom of the middle inscriber the one with the redstone already sitting in it. Finally, the item conduit connected to the middle inscriber is inlet/outlet and its outlet dumps back to the ME interface. The five blocks will make a plus sign with an ME interface center an inscriber above/below and to the left and the chest to the right. Make one of these for each circuit type and you're done. These craft super fast compared to more complex one inscriber setups.

If you happen to be running short on channels the whole setup only takes three channels.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for advice on making more compressed cookies. I've collected all the wools, and 2 19x19 wheat farms + minechem making wheat on 20k RF/t just aint cuttin it. I mean, not even close. I've avoided Flux-Crystals so far, seems like a really complicated setup for triple compressed cookies (I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it's still not great). So far, seems my best bet is farming the Wither quest for 3x quintuples, but that's going to be a LONG grind just to get my torcherino.

Am I missing something obvious? Are there massive compressed cookies hidden away somewhere? I really enjoyed the spatial IOs and the exploration, but this cookie thing is just absurd. At this rate, I'm better off running a server for a few days and come back later when I've grown enough wheat/cocoa.