[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

wacky444

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u Bugs i found:

- Menu texture bug, fixed by downgrading to version 1.0.3 and updating again.
- A friend entered in the spectre dimension for the first time and he fell to the void, had to edit his player info and bring him back.
- Some tinkers tools aren't upgradeable with metallurgy parts, can't put a vulcanite arrowhead in my alumite arrows.

Server needs more <3:
- Server files aren't updated, compact machine version isn't the same as the client
- Server is missing dimension 38 deep space station forgecraft

Sharpshot4321

Jul 29, 2019
My Ender Energy Distributor will not send energy to my Thermal Expansion machines, but it will to a ender IO cable I have connected to it. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
These were the reasons I started playing with how to update the mods in the pack:

Magnet resetting animations -REALLY REALLY annoying, makes switching items and using bows difficult.
Tinkers Defense - out of date, bug with repairing tools made of its materials, fixed in 1.1
Minechem - out of date - serious UI bugs related to the magnet, fixed in v392 (current is v394)
Iguanas Tweaks - Out of date - Lots of broken "Incorrect Data" on tools. Crossbows have potential to corrupt your world.
(Fixed in latest release, but will require new TiCon, Forge, and CoFH mods which affects other things like AA requires RF)
Updating the above will require updates to WAILA mods
Big Reactors - out of date - Induction coil engagement not working
Problems with Metallurgy and TiCon. Can't melt metallurgy parts, can't use metallurgy parts in tools. Not sure what the fix is.

Other problems I noticed.
Texture problem requiring installation of 1.0.3 first
Server files have out of date Compact Machines
When porting to Dark Deep, I have to log out and log back in, or I'll fall into the void.

I'm sure there are other smaller issues that I'm not thinking of right now.

Reactions: Vanjykins

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
These were the reasons I started playing with how to update the mods in the pack:

Magnet resetting animations -REALLY REALLY annoying, makes switching items and using bows difficult.
Tinkers Defense - out of date, bug with repairing tools made of its materials, fixed in 1.1
Minechem - out of date - serious UI bugs related to the magnet, fixed in v392 (current is v394)
Iguanas Tweaks - Out of date - Lots of broken "Incorrect Data" on tools. Crossbows have potential to corrupt your world.
(Fixed in latest release, but will require new TiCon, Forge, and CoFH mods which affects other things like AA requires RF)
Updating the above will require updates to WAILA mods
Big Reactors - out of date - Induction coil engagement not working
Problems with Metallurgy and TiCon. Can't melt metallurgy parts, can't use metallurgy parts in tools. Not sure what the fix is.

Other problems I noticed.
Texture problem requiring installation of 1.0.3 first
Server files have out of date Compact Machines
When porting to Dark Deep, I have to log out and log back in, or I'll fall into the void.

I'm sure there are other smaller issues that I'm not thinking of right now.

All done

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I saw someone else mention this but never saw a solution. I completed the leafy wool quest, and my questbook did not update to include the piggy wool section of quests. Is there anyway to correct this without having to restart?

Edit: Ok, so downgraded to 1.03, then upgraded back to 1.04, and no luck, then randomly decided to try to look in one of the extra questbooks in the starter chests and suddenly all of the missing quests are there! I do not know what I did, but it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome!!
but why the switch from ftb? falling out? I for one don't use ftb i use multimc launcher makes doing my YouTube videos easier to record!

PS I only ask because someone here said you was banned from ftb!

Last edited:

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome!!
but why the switch from ftb? falling out? I for one don't use ftb i use multimc launcher makes doing my YouTube videos easier to record!

PS I only ask because someone here said you was banned from ftb!
I'm not switching, ftb is moving to curse. All current packs are hosted by curse anyways. I don't think the ftb launcher will even be update at all, ever.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it looks like modpacks on Curse will allow you to download them separately from the Curse Client. (Go to the modpack page, click other downloads, download the latest zip.) Most FTB modpacks have already been uploaded here and are available for direct download.

http://www.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft

So Mac/Linux users can easily download the zip and install it into a MultiMC setup and play it just as well. For example, for Jaded's MF3/AS2 you can follow this guide, if you aren't familiar with MultiMC already:

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/for...de-for-mac-and-linux-users-how-to-run-mf3-as2

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
So here is my problem. I can't find out what the last mission is, which really bugs me.
i7uZovAks-MWAVCqr7TIxKg6cE8Xx0Uubfh9KQYpxYxapiQx7ejOQN9OLmSzhSCcx9PficytAL4C43b3fuJvZo1BOspfrlTSnOaYhSoLFhaN7xE=s0-d-e1-ft

UiMLklpYCEfr20B5K2X5rf8D9it7YH7xWIMWg2YNy3-BCacHeDaGVS50KComfsFN6846B52YuhPnPvK061qPhBuc6kizX7750PuraD_tamxtwmQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Notice that I seem to be missing a quest. I have no clue what it is or how to complete it.

I'm in the same boat now too. Has anyone completed 100% of the secrets chapter? If so how might I go about unlocking the quest that I'm missing?

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Have an automation bug. Found an outdated thread that claimed that MineChem was deliberately automation-unfriendly. While others say that they have automated the synthesizer with no problem. I cannot seem to get SFM or EnderIO conduits to draw finished product out of the synthesizer no matter what. However, they did get drawn out by a vanilla hopper underneath. Trouble is, the finished product vanished. Lost about a stack of theo-bromine that way.

Sort of necro as a response to Chinthor's question but for the benefit of anyone else searching this topic:

The Minechem synthesizer and decomposer can be automated using the tools in the pack. I taught my AE system how to make Bio Alchemy whose recipe is borederline nuts. Use an ME interface on top of each machine pointing down. Place the pattern in the interface. Note one decomposer can handle mutliple recipes but you will need one synthesizer per recipe you want to automate (just like rolling machines from railcraft). In each synthesizer you will need to preload the recipe using ghost images of the elements/items to be assembled. Finally, use an EnderIO item conduit to extract from the bottom of each machine. I pull everything out of the decomposer but I use item filters to restrict what comes out of each synthesizer.

Not too straightforward or easy but late game it beats the pants off of doing long multistep crafting chains by hand. If I had known earlier how to easily do this I might have made my AE system always keep 8 bio modifiers in the system since it gives awesome buffs. That would have made some midgame areas much easier.

Packrat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the same boat now too. Has anyone completed 100% of the secrets chapter? If so how might I go about unlocking the quest that I'm missing?

The missing quest item is found
Below the Observatory Room dig thru the floor.

No not the room with the AE core in it next floor down . Yes the basement has a sub floor.

Reactions: Egglanoir and ChemE

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
The missing quest item is found
Below the Observatory Room dig thru the floor.

No not the room with the AE core in it next floor down . Yes the basement has a sub floor.

Thanks! I immediately took the enchant off of it with a book and so that item is gone. I didn't realize it was a secret quest.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, is taking an enchant off an item with a book a vanilla mechanic? I've been searching for a way to take off enchantments forEVER in this pack. Was missing MFR's dis-enchanter :(