[1.7.10] Marooned

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Wide-guard is the TC bit that you can normally only find in TC villager houses - notable for being the distinguishing feature of the Cutlass.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Can you still get silk worms from crooking maple leaves? I used up the bone crook and didn't get 1:( As for the Cutlass, I like it also. I didn't know about the wide guard until recently. Hopefully I can find one on the Cold Taiga I started a new game on.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask what "His Beloved stone wide Guards" is? Its not those one block wide like 5 long hole with a slab roof, and slab floor is it? I was wondering what those are.

The stone guard is a cast you use in the smeltery to make a wide guard. This lets you make cutlass's. He requested having a way to make a cutlass as it normally has to be acquired in a village. since there are no village's and I don't have any reason to prevent a cutlass being made, I thought it was a reasonable request so I put them in ruins with a really small chance of spawning. The 1.4.0 ice world just happened to spawn one in an 'easter egg' really close to the spawn point.

The slab shelters are simply just that. A partially built shelter that can be used if night comes and you haven't got anywhere else to hide...... They're always worth 'Waypointing' for those just in case moments.

EDIT: Interestingly the above comments about the wide guard weren't showing on my page until after I had posted this.. Curious thing.........

2nd EDIT: Just read about silkworms. Yes you can still get them. It seems you were just unlucky. As a side note, you get more worms when crooking fully infested leaves.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
And I loves me a cutlass.... c:

That cutlass is a fighting cutlass! Shades of Doctor we know who!

More importantly, the moderator was kind enough to expedite the approval of the update and 1.4.1 is now available for downloading.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed this time so hopefully will be enough to overcome the voodoo that Lulu did unto you......

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there is a reason you can't make an "Unfired Clay Bucket"? I was able to complete the quest by using the one I got from a reward, but am un able to craft one. The same for Glass bottles, are they disable for some reason. I was going to make potion, but the glass bottle has no recipe.

E

Elder Sign

I was wondering if there is a reason you can't make an "Unfired Clay Bucket"? I was able to complete the quest by using the one I got from a reward, but am un able to craft one. The same for Glass bottles, are they disable for some reason. I was going to make potion, but the glass bottle has no recipe.

That's a bit weird, I was able to make both of those items, but them again I'm playing on a pre-release still...

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019

Both have been removed, that's why you can now choose a clay bucket in the ME? HARMLESS? quest and you also get an unfired one in the sieve quest. You can also get them in ruins and reward bags. You can however still make metal ones using tin or aluminum. Bottles have been removed for some time. You can however still get them from fishing or witches drops.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
That's a bit weird, I was able to make both of those items, but them again I'm playing on a pre-release still...

I'm afraid I came up with a few new ideas since the pre-release. Some quite helpful, others less so. There's even 3 new quests to try out in the 1.4.1 release. Now I'm not saying its harder now, even though I'm playing on the Cold Taiga and just died for the 8th time in a dungeon. A death creeper came and spoilt my party. I've still got 3 lives left so alls well.

I decided this time around to build my animal farm on the top floor of my new style shelter. After many many many days nothing spawned so I decided to take half the dirt and grow grass around my palm trees instead. Within 1 day the bleating of a sheep could be heard. I smiled knowingly and went to the palm trees to find nothing. The upper floor had spawned one sheep with only half the grass left. Go figure.

I was interested to discover that for the first time ever, a wolf spawned in my palm area after it had spawned cows, chickens and a solitary sheep. It killed my sheep, but at least waited until after I had moved the one upstairs to mate with the one that had spawned downstairs.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of death creepers.... Death creepers riding baby ghasts are a thing. This map I found myself trying to deal with one..... It was a long walk back from spawn :-*

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I guess no one needs to be curious about signs secret water exploit now. When I tested it I was using a creative map I for one hadn't realized the bottles where disabled. We still should be able to get plenty from witches for brewing, but we'll be prevented from getting "infinite" water.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of death creepers.... Death creepers riding baby ghasts are a thing. This map I found myself trying to deal with one..... It was a long walk back from spawn :-*

I've had a few baby ghasts floating around. Never with a death creeper on board though. Then again my death creepers are kinda scary and would probably frighten a baby ghast to death.......

DeathCreaper.png

Reactions: OniyaMCD
E

Elder Sign

I guess no one needs to be curious about signs secret water exploit now. When I tested it I was using a creative map I for one hadn't realized the bottles where disabled. We still should be able to get plenty from witches for brewing, but we'll be prevented from getting "infinite" water.

Well the bottles aren't used up in my method, so all you need is one to get the job done.......

E

Elder Sign

I've had a few baby ghasts floating around. Never with a death creeper on board though. Then again my death creepers are kinda scary and would probably frighten a baby ghast to death.......

View attachment 27302

You've mentioned your custom texture pack a few times, have to say that seeing that stalking towards me on a dark night would definitely be creepy as hell.....

Reactions: RealKC

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Can you do something like that for the short bow? Or let us use wood to make a new one?

Just thought you might like to hear that I've included an option to get a new wooden shortbow in the SHOOTING ARROWS quest for the 1.4.2 update. It might be awhile before its ready as I'm doing a comprehensive check to see if anything else could be improved before releasing it. I'm making it so it will just slide in on top of the existing 1.4.1 update while still allowing save games to overwrite the new ones and still be playable.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
The latest 1.4.2 update has now been uploaded and is waiting for approval.

This is the intended final update for Marooned.

Its been a lot of fun making it and I appreciate all of the comments of the players that took the time to post on here. Without your support Marooned would never have evolved to where it is now.

Here is a spoiler of the final changes to the game for anyone interested in checking them out.

1: Removed the HQM barrier from Nether and Twilight portal ruins due to some of them not being recognised by the HQM book and remaining in place. Decided instead to make barriers that are removed when a hidden button is pressed. Although its possible to 'break' the barriers, they will damage you in the process.

2: Changed the AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION quest in which the player previously did a couple of rudimentary tasks, then entered the Nether to complete it. It now requires picking up a Flint & Steel at the entrance to one of the portals before it can be completed. It has been renamed PORTAL PURSUIT. Access to all of the Nether quests will remain blocked until this quest is completed.

3: Changed some ruins so that they will spawn with slight changes to their appearance each time to provide more variance. Changed the weights of many ruins to provide a greater variety when spawning. Added more biome specific ruins for players to exploit. Changed all of them to remain at the height they were intended to spawn at.

4: Made new save games using the altered ruins so players will be able to take advantage of the altered conditions right from the spawn point. Players will still be able to continue using their 1.4.1 save games by either overwriting the new 1.4.2 save games or simply renaming them. NB: If choosing the latter option to rename an existing save, your waypoints will no longer be available.

5: Changed PARTY TIME to making a paperbark sapling instead of making new food recipes. Renamed it PAPER PANACHE. Made recipe to make paperbark sapling by combining birch seeds with edible slime. Removed making paper from cane.

6: Changed EXOTIC BEGINNINGS to making a rubber sapling instead of handing in more apples. Made recipe to make rubber saplings by combining exotic seeds with edible slime.

7: Added option of receiving extra apple sapling as a reward in TURNING THINGS AROUND and PLAYING WITH DOLLYS. These quests will not open until after the GOOD WOOD quest has been completed.

8: Re-arranged some quests to accommodate the new sapling quests. Although they have been moved, existing 1.4.1 save games will still work. However, some previously completed quests may become 'locked' behind a new quest that is still to be completed. In these instances, once it becomes unlocked it will not need to be re-completed.

9: Updated reward bags to increase the possibility of giving a different tier based on both weight as well as the variances in quantity of each tier. Basic rewards can now only be obtained via basic bags. They only give either a basic reward or a minimal chance of a Reserve bag to ensure a reward is always available regardless of how many bags have been awarded.

10: Altered many rewards to give reward bags more relevance through the middle stages of the game as well as the early stages.

11: Decided to award reward bags directly and give players a wider range of choices in the 'Pick One' section of the HQM book.

12: Swapped the optional rewards in FIRST BLOOD and ME? HARMLESS? to encourage player to complete the new HAMMER TIME quest which requires making an iron hammer as an alternative early game weapon. Increased number of crops required for bushes quests now that watering can is available earlier.

13: Added option in the new HAMMER TIME and EXPLORING quests for a player to choose one of the 4 gardens that can't be directly chosen in the TAINT NUTTIN quest in the event they are still waiting to get one from a reward bag.

14: Added new SAW POINT quest to make a stone saw earlier using a new recipe that doesn't require making a tool rod pattern as its needed for the sieve in the MINOR INCONVENIENCE quest.

15: Added option of choosing either arrows or a new wooden shortbow in the SHOOTING ARROWS quest.

16: Brought forward making a 'Filing Cabinet' as it should be available earlier in the game for streamlined crop storage.

17: Increased number of spice saplings offered as rewards.

18: Added recipe for crafting 3 string from a NAME TAG.

19: Added recipes for stuffed bellpepper and eggplant to give them different ingredients to each other.

20: Increased time it takes for leaves to decay to give player a couple of seconds to remove it themselves for harvesting purposes.

------------------------------

Thanks again everyone. I hope you've enjoyed playing the game as much as I've enjoyed making and updating it.........

Last edited:

Wolpertinger

Jul 29, 2019
Hey - I've been trying to get a good start in this modpack, but I keep screwing up and resetting - i've ran out of good premade maps (I didn't want to do savannah since it's harder). I didn't think to make backups, and the create new world makes a bunch of ice which isn't really my thing. Is there an easy way to regenerate the premade maps?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey - I've been trying to get a good start in this modpack, but I keep screwing up and resetting - i've ran out of good premade maps (I didn't want to do savannah since it's harder). I didn't think to make backups, and the create new world makes a bunch of ice which isn't really my thing. Is there an easy way to regenerate the premade maps?

The only way I can realistically think of is to download the pack again and this time make backups.....

BTW, the Savanna isn't really all that hard, its only missing rain which can be a hindrance as it stops mobs burning up in the daytime.

Getting water early in the game isn't as big in the 1.4.2 update as it used to be so you'll have plenty of time to grow those cacti before you really need water.

Hope this helps.........

Thronwen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

although I am still in the early stages of the pack (just started sieving dirt and finished first page of the questbook) I really like your take on the pack.
I started in the Tundra and those creepers helped a lot with getting those snowballs. :D

But i think the ice world is pretty cool too. :p Didn't play it yet, though.

Just a quick question. My travellers boots are slowly getting some hits in. Is it possible to repair them?

Greetings,
Thronwen