[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

although I am still in the early stages of the pack (just started sieving dirt and finished first page of the questbook) I really like your take on the pack.
I started in the Tundra and those creepers helped a lot with getting those snowballs. :D

But i think the ice world is pretty cool too. :p Didn't play it yet, though.

Just a quick question. My travellers boots are slowly getting some hits in. Is it possible to repair them?

Greetings,
Thronwen

That's a good question. I've never really looked into seeing if they are repairable. They're still the default travellers armor so if they can be repaired in other games, they should also be able to be repaired here. You could try using different materials in a Tool Station or Forge and see how you go. I'd suggest starting with leather..........

Glad you're enjoying the pack.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
That's a good question. I've never really looked into seeing if they are repairable. They're still the default travellers armor so if they can be repaired in other games, they should also be able to be repaired here. You could try using different materials in a Tool Station or Forge and see how you go. I'd suggest starting with leather..........

Glad you're enjoying the pack.

Moss balls work, if you're able to get them.

Thronwen

Jul 29, 2019
Moss balls work, if you're able to get them.
Alright, thanks. I'll try them out. Getting them is probably just like the usual water barrel on top of cobblestone.

P.S: Just needed leather in the tool station to repair them :)

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
A few weeks have passed and as usual I've managed to find a way to make more changes that I think improve the overall aspect of the pack. Still not ready to release it as I want to make sure it now works as intended and who knows, I might find some more stuff to change.

These are mainly incremental changes with a couple that will change how players go about surviving in the early stages of the game. I'm including a spoiler with the intended changes that have are already been incorporated into the game for anyone interested in checking them out.

....and yes, I know I said 1.4.2 was the intended final update, but I did say 'intended' but how could I ignore all those ideas that kept popping into my tiny mind?

1: Changed the hanging quest book ruin to a rarer shelter ruin that contains a quest book. Added extra quest books to all ruins containing portals.

2: Added some new biome specific ruins as well as generic ones. Added Lava slimes to Volcanic Vent ruin which were inadvertently left out.

3: Modified a number of ruins to give a wider range of drying rack rewards.

4: Made new save games using the altered ruins so players will be able to take advantage of the altered conditions right from the spawn point. Players will still be able to continue using either their 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 save games by either overwriting the new 1.4.3 save games or simply renaming them. NB: If choosing the latter option to rename an existing save, your waypoints will no longer be available.

5: Changed Filing cabinet, Pneumatic servo and Presser to use materials other than iron ingots.

6: Changed the way bonemeal is made.

7: Changed order of requirements in HOT TOPIC as the clay bucket will sometimes be needed to gather water to make clay for making the crucible. Especially in the Savanna.

8: Changed bone rapier requirement for DESIGNING IDEAS to a pattern chest as the existing flint rapier triggered the quest anyway.

9: Swapped JUICED UP with POT LUCK to provide more variety on each side of the quest lines.

10: Moved honeycomb rewards elsewhere as they were in conflicting areas that could have prevented being able to finish either quest without finding blocks to make dust or honeycombs in apiary's.

11: Moved wooden short bow to FIRST BLOOD quest. Moved watering can and bucket of water to Ore Inspiring.

12: Moved sludge boiler from POWER TO THE PEOPLE to CROP THIS as the Harvester is the only required quest that produces sludge. Renamed it HARVEST TIME.

13: Added magmatic dynamo to POWER TO THE PEOPLE as it provides alternative generator that allows automation using lava.

14: Replaced GATHERING NUTS IN MAY quest with alternative crop harvester and renamed it FARMING TIME. Linked it so that player has choice of either completing FARMING TIME + WHAT? MORE CROPS? or HARVEST TIME + PLAY IT AGAIN SAM.

15: Changed required qty of crops for the PLAY IT AGAIN SAM and WHAT? MORE CROPS? quests now that the 3rd tier requirement has been removed.

16: Removed the linking of SPAWNER and DRAINING SITUATION to EXOTIC BEGINNINGS that was inadvertently left in.

17: Changed Olive sapling to fig as the olive only makes oil which is already provided by the walnut.

18: Changed the way palms are offered in garden quests to add more choice to initial picks.

19: Changed the fruit hand ins to much smaller qty of actual food recipes to encourage player to make a few extra for their own use.

20: Added CATWALKS mod and made new quest for it.

21: Amalgamated READY STEADY DRAW with GOOD BETTER BEST to make room for new CATWALKS quest.

22: Finally managed to change repeatable quest times by using version 4.3.0 of HQM then reinstalling version 4.3.3

23: Removed MineTweekerRecipeMaker and UpdateCheckerMod as they aren't required in the game.

24: Changed Fast Leaf Decay from between 2-4 to 5-10 second delay to give player a bit more time to remove it themselves for harvesting purposes.

25: Added congealed blood to MOVING ON quest.

26: Moved the bat killing quest to enable easier completion of the garden quests as bat spawners can sometimes be hard to find.

27: Fixed co-ordinates not showing for PARADISE quest when they should be.

28: Added additional task in an advanced quest requiring crops gained only from mutating crops.

29: Changed Jetpack quests to swapping a 'Leadstone Flux Capacitor' instead of having to make 2 extra ones.

30: Changed the Cobalt pick challenge to just handing in pick heads along with a 'special' binder.

31: Changed the Manyullym pick challenge to just swapping a cobalt ore for a cobalt ingot to prove they have a suitable pick to not have to do the other quest.

32: Changed colour of health hearts to more closely match full heart.

33: Changed using health heart to make mini heart with xp to a Firefly egg and removed recipe making full heart using xp. Also added recipe to make Firefly egg.

34: Changed drying red mini heart back into yellow mini heart to drying into a half health heart instead.

35: Added recipes for the Green Mini Heart and the Green Heart Cannister, Also changed recipe for Yellow Heart Cannister.

36: Added 2 new quests to make yellow and green heart canisters.

37: Added glowstone and white ethereal glass to MAGIC GLASS quest.

38: Increased number of curtains made in recipe from 1 to 4.

Cheers.........

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi again everyone, hopefully someone is still out there checking this page occasionally. I've finally submitted version 1.4.3 to the moderators and will post again when its been approved. I won't say its the last intended update as we all know how that turned out.

There have been quite a few changes that I felt would give the game a better flow. Also added a proper type of ending to the Winners Circle. Its taken a long time as I wanted to make sure everything works properly, including the wording that needed to be changed due to the way it now plays. So easy to forget something like that as I already know what I've written when I play the game so I tend to skip over the text. Then later while proof reading quests I discover one that still refers to something that is no longer applicable.

Anyhooo, I'm listing the changes again as there have been changes to the some of the changes that I already changed and I can't be bothered changing the spoiler above.

1: Changed the hanging quest book ruin to a rarer shelter ruin that contains a quest book. Added extra quest books to all ruins containing portals.

2: Added some new biome specific ruins as well as generic ones. Added Lava slimes to Volcanic Vent ruin which were inadvertently left out.

3: Modified a number of ruins to give a wider range of drying rack rewards.

4: Made new save games using the altered ruins so players will be able to take advantage of the altered conditions right from the spawn point. Players will still be able to continue using either their 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 save games by either overwriting the new 1.4.3 save games or simply renaming them. NB: If choosing the latter option to rename an existing save, your waypoints will no longer be available.

5: Changed Filing cabinet, Pneumatic servo and Presser to use materials other than iron ingots.

6: Changed the way bonemeal is made.

7: Changed order of requirements in HOT TOPIC as the clay bucket will sometimes be needed to gather water to make clay for making the crucible. Especially in the Savanna.

8: Changed bone rapier requirement for DESIGNING IDEAS to a pattern chest as the existing flint rapier triggered the quest anyway.

9: Swapped JUICED UP with POT LUCK to provide more variety on each side of the quest lines.

10: Moved honeycomb rewards elsewhere as they were in conflicting areas that could have prevented being able to finish either quest without finding blocks to make dust or honeycombs in apiary's.

11: Moved wooden short bow to FIRST BLOOD quest. Moved watering can and bucket of water to Ore Inspiring.

12: Moved sludge boiler from POWER TO THE PEOPLE to CROP THIS as the Harvester is the only required quest that produces sludge. Renamed it HARVEST TIME.

13: Added magmatic dynamo to POWER TO THE PEOPLE as it provides alternative generator that allows automation using lava.

14: Replaced GATHERING NUTS IN MAY quest with alternative crop harvester and renamed it FARMING TIME. Linked it so that player has choice of either completing FARMING TIME + WHAT? MORE CROPS? or HARVEST TIME + PLAY IT AGAIN SAM.

15: Changed required qty of crops for the PLAY IT AGAIN SAM and WHAT? MORE CROPS? quests now that the 3rd tier requirement has been removed.

16: Removed the linking of SPAWNER and DRAINING SITUATION to EXOTIC BEGINNINGS that was inadvertently left in.

17: Changed Olive sapling to fig as the olive only makes oil which is already provided by the walnut.

18: Changed the way palms are offered in garden quests to add more choice to initial picks.

19: Changed the fruit hand ins to much smaller qty of actual food recipes to encourage player to make a few extra for their own use.

20: Added CATWALKS mod and made new quest for it.

21: Amalgamated READY STEADY DRAW with GOOD BETTER BEST to make room for new CATWALKS quest.

22: Finally managed to change repeatable quest times by using version 4.3.0 of HQM then reinstalling version 4.3.3

23: Removed MineTweekerRecipeMaker and UpdateCheckerMod as they aren't required in the game.

24: Changed Fast Leaf Decay from between 2-4 to 5-10 second delay to give player a bit more time to remove it themselves for harvesting purposes.

25: Added congealed blood to MOVING ON quest with instructions on how to get it..

26: Moved the bat killing quest to enable easier completion of the garden quests as bat spawner's can sometimes be hard to find.

27: Fixed co-ordinates not showing for PARADISE quest when they should be.

28: Added additional task in an advanced quest requiring crops gained only from mutating crops.

29: Changed Jetpack quests to swapping a 'Leadstone Flux Capacitor' instead of having to make 2 extra ones. Player gets it back on completion of quest.

30: Changed the Cobalt pick challenge to just handing in pick heads along with a 'special' binder.

31: Changed the Manyullym pick challenge to just handing in a cobalt ore to prove they have a suitable pick to not have to do the other quest. Player gets a cobalt ingot on completion of quest.

32: Changed colour of health hearts to more closely match full heart.

33: Changed using health heart to make mini heart with xp to a Firefly egg and removed recipe making full heart using xp. Also added recipe to make Firefly egg.

34: Red mini heart that previously dried back into a yellow mini heart now dries into a half health heart instead.

35: Added recipes for the Green Mini Heart and the Green Heart Cannister, Also changed recipe for Yellow Heart Cannister.

36: Added 2 new quests to make yellow and green heart canisters.

37: Added glowstone and white ethereal glass to MAGIC GLASS quest.

38: Increased number of curtains made in recipe from 1 to 4.

39: Changed Crafting Station recipe to require using saw to give player time to try out the 'recipe guide' that only the Crafting Table provides.

40: Altered the JUNK COLLECTOR quest to include bones and string.

41: Changed the Eye of Ender recipe to use more exotic ingredients.

42: Added a new task to the WINNERS CIRCLE to give it a better ending.

43: Total number of completable quests is now 160.

Seriously, if you enjoyed playing this game before, you should try the update. I'm really happy with the way its turned out.

Cheers................

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Looking forward to it! Got wrapped up in a vanilla build, but I've been watching for new updates.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to it! Got wrapped up in a vanilla build, but I've been watching for new updates.

Glad to hear someone is still interested in our pack. You'll be glad to hear then that The pack has been approved as of 7 minutes ago and should be available for downloading shortly.

cheers.....

PS: Vanilla Build? As in a new pack? Sounds interesting. If you let me know what it is, I'll look out for when you release it.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Glad to hear someone is still interested in our pack. You'll be glad to hear then that The pack has been approved as of 7 minutes ago and should be available for downloading shortly.

cheers.....

PS: Vanilla Build? As in a new pack? Sounds interesting. If you let me know what it is, I'll look out for when you release it.

Oh no - just an idea for a machinima sort of project. I haven't quite reached the stage of trying to put together my own modpack, although I've got some ideas percolating.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Another restart for me then :) one day I'll make the winners circle.

Practice make perfect. I'm pretty sure that Winners Circle has your name written all over it.

Personally I enjoy starting from scratch again. Seeing what other shortcuts I can find. Almost as enjoyable as finding ways to short circuit Elder's shortcuts. lol

E

Elder Sign

Practice make perfect. I'm pretty sure that Winners Circle has your name written all over it.

Personally I enjoy starting from scratch again. Seeing what other shortcuts I can find. Almost as enjoyable as finding ways to short circuit Elder's shortcuts. lol

Almost as fun as finding ways to break Spaman's pack in new and interesting ways.....

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Almost as fun as finding ways to break Spaman's pack in new and interesting ways.....

I see you're still intent on breaking the modpack. Well I guess I'll just have to come up with a new twist that will send you to an area where you won't be able to simply dig underground to get your supplies. bwa ha ha........

Of course this means a new version is now under construction, 1.5.0 to be precise. Don'y worry, its a fair way off so you'll have plenty of time to finish the current 1.4.3 version with its new ending....

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
So decided to try this pack out again, Got my first paper bark sapling, planted it and it grew, harvested the trunk and the leaves decayed into oak and jungle saplings, (not even birch..)
are we not suppose to be able to get paper saplings back once we've grown our first tree or are we suppose to sieve for dirt to get each birch ex nihlo birch seed? am I missing something?
I guess there is also the mobs which drop paper which I could grind for but I figured once we got our first sapling we could multiply it.

Edit
The other Option that comes to mind is the villager librarian, he might still sell paper for Emeralds, which sounds like a fair exchange at this point.

Last edited:

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
So decided to try this pack out again, Got my first paper bark sapling, planted it and it grew, harvested the trunk and the leaves decayed into oak and jungle saplings, (not even birch..)
are we not suppose to be able to get paper saplings back once we've grown our first tree or are we suppose to sieve for dirt to get each birch ex nihlo birch seed? am I missing something?
I guess there is also the mobs which drop paper which I could grind for but I figured once we got our first sapling we could multiply it.

Edit
The other Option that comes to mind is the villager librarian, he might still sell paper for Emeralds, which sounds like a fair exchange at this point.

The paperbark is like cinnamon, paper grows on the trunk, you harvest the paper and then it grows another sheet, your not supposed to chop the tree down. I suggest sieving dirt for another birch seed or just help yourself to another sapling, you wont chop it again!

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
The paperbark is like cinnamon, paper grows on the trunk, you harvest the paper and then it grows another sheet, your not supposed to chop the tree down. I suggest sieving dirt for another birch seed or just help yourself to another sapling, you wont chop it again!

Yea I dealt with the cinimon tree once before and it has very obvious nooks on it that made me say Oh I'm probably suppose to skim this thing.

I read the quest book "harvest paper from the trunk of your mature paper barks" and said well I guess that means I harvest the trunk, and then took my axe and harvested it. Opps, guess I should have considered more widely possible interpretations.

Yea at this point I've set up to try and turn a villager so we will see how that goes.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
You cant see the paper until it becomes mature, real easy to miss it!
Good luck with villagers :)

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I dealt with the cinimon tree once before and it has very obvious nooks on it that made me say Oh I'm probably suppose to skim this thing.

I read the quest book "harvest paper from the trunk of your mature paper barks" and said well I guess that means I harvest the trunk, and then took my axe and harvested it. Opps, guess I should have considered more widely possible interpretations.

Yea at this point I've set up to try and turn a villager so we will see how that goes.

You make a good point. I'll change the wording for the paperbark tree so players don't chop their trees down.

Its a good thing I'm currently working on the 1.5.0 update as I can edit that quest before its release.

EDIT: This is the new wording:

Paper grows on the trunks in the same way as cinnamon trees, so DON'T chop it down. You can make many things with paper including blank patterns for tool designing and stickers to make Better Barrels.

Last edited:

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
Cool

Also I was wonder about the Super Crafting Frame,

they are very useful but I was wondering if there is some way to change the click function on them.

currently its left click to instantly break (which means I'm breaking it ALOT), right click to craft, and then Shift Click for other functions.

I don't know why the Super Crafting mod maker didn't give it a longer mining time or set the Brake function to Shift left click but its kinda annoying to accidentally brake it and have to remake it all the time. right now I'm putting up signs next to the super crafting frame that says" DON"T LEFT CLICK"

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Cool

Also I was wonder about the Super Crafting Frame,

they are very useful but I was wondering if there is some way to change the click function on them.

currently its left click to instantly break (which means I'm breaking it ALOT), right click to craft, and then Shift Click for other functions.

I don't know why the Super Crafting mod maker didn't give it a longer mining time or set the Brake function to Shift left click but its kinda annoying to accidentally brake it and have to remake it all the time. right now I'm putting up signs next to the super crafting frame that says" DON"T LEFT CLICK"

I feel your pain. this happens to me as well. Sadly the mod maker only included one feature in the cfg, and it has nothing to do with the breaking function. I'll check every now and then to see if the maker has added a way to edit the break-ability of the frame. I imagine the biggest problem being the author might have already moved on to a later version of minecraft and isn't interested in backtracking.

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
So I was excited to see that the travelers boots were obtainable Via quest rewards, I immediately slap on the sticky goo, a piston and ghast tear to upgraded them with the double jump modifier but double jump is not working. Is this intended? or is it working for anyone else?