[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Necro bones normally are the crafting ingredient to give life steal for tinkers weapons, unless that has been disabled

also the Killing quest which suggest you goto a nether fort and kill wither skeles and Blazes only seems to recognize the Ender IO wither skeles, Sorry should have probably added that in last post

Okay, didn't know that about life steal. Tend to just use whatever upgrades I get along the way. Hasn't been disabled btw.

There's nothing I can do about the wither skeletons. The HQM book only offers one wither skeleton as a killing quest and 2 options, exact or type. Its already set to type which covers the widest range. Thankfully its the only quest in the book that deals with actual wither skeletons.

R

Rofaf

In quest "Portal Pursuit", it asks for Flint and Steel, no formula to craft, but suggests it next to the portal. However, I have no idea where the portal is or how to find it. It may be obvious, but I'm clearly missing the point.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Well, have to say, very challenging modpack. I switched to watching the LPs of @Elder Sign , much more relaxing.

Any chance that this can be played on a mass multiplayer server? I play on the MyM network, but usually "singleplayer" maps do not work there.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
In quest "Portal Pursuit", it asks for Flint and Steel, no formula to craft, but suggests it next to the portal. However, I have no idea where the portal is or how to find it. It may be obvious, but I'm clearly missing the point.

I'm not sure if this is the same quest, but the 'Disclaimer' book that you received at the beginning has information about finding a particular location.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I am just starting this pack and i am stuck at mana pool how to make one since i don't have crafting table and using diluted mana pool with mana dont work ?

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I am just starting this pack and i am stuck at mana pool how to make one since i don't have crafting table and using diluted mana pool with mana dont work ?

Dont think your in the right place, no botania in this pack

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019

I can't remember how I worded the quest but I'm pretty sure it says something about the ancients revering the portal and it being located in one of their temples. Go look for a temple and explore inside it until you find one. there is a barrier with switches that you can find to remove them. There is also a window that shows the portal on the other side so you'll know when you are in the right location.

If you're still unsure, a temple has a light on the very top of it and is surrounded by a small wall with an opening at the front with a sign above it that says something like 'Abandon all hope those who enter here'. There is a trapdoor you can go down to find the portal.

Good luck..............

PS: sorry about the delay. My internet has been down all week.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Well, have to say, very challenging modpack. I switched to watching the LPs of @Elder Sign , much more relaxing.

Any chance that this can be played on a mass multiplayer server? I play on the MyM network, but usually "singleplayer" maps do not work there.

Even though the game is designed to be played primarily as a single or dual player game, there's no reason why more players couldn't join in. Although I haven't actually tried it myself, I'm informed that there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to be played on a mms if someone were to host it themselves.

Its always easier watching someone else play but I have found that if you replay the game a few times it gets easier as you discover the best way to progress through the earlier stages.

Cheers.........

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. I suggested your pack on the MyM network. We usually have a farm world, which is used for exactly what it is called. It resets regularly, so that would work probably here. My only concern were specific locations in the normal non-resetting world. If the questbook asks for specific actions there it would be bad if they get looted by players and others cant progress in the pack.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. I suggested your pack on the MyM network. We usually have a farm world, which is used for exactly what it is called. It resets regularly, so that would work probably here. My only concern were specific locations in the normal non-resetting world. If the questbook asks for specific actions there it would be bad if they get looted by players and others cant progress in the pack.

The worlds in the existing 1.4.3 version have ruins that spawn completely randomly. The only area that is fixed is the immediate area around the spawn point and out to approximately 200 blocks, give or take. When the quest book asks players to go to specific locations, they are location derivative only and not areas that have anything specific in them, and would in all probability have different things at those locations.

Then there are specific portals located in ruins the book will ask players to find. Again they can be anywhere in the world and in theory there will be an unlimited number of them if one journey's far enough afield, so it wouldn't be possible for someone to loot or destroy all of them.

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on if you decide to see how it goes...

Cheers............

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't even know whether it is considered, I just suggested it. That is something @Slind can tell me I guess. ;-)

Is there any map you would recommend for a server?

I am not sure exactly how our network handles the life system. The only packs that use it so far are skyblock packs, where in case your lives run out your island gets deleted. The open world packs use a different system for protecting peoples bases, not sure how this would get handled then.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't even know whether it is considered, I just suggested it. That is something @Slind can tell me I guess. ;-)

Is there any map you would recommend for a server?

I am not sure exactly how our network handles the life system. The only packs that use it so far are skyblock packs, where in case your lives run out your island gets deleted. The open world packs use a different system for protecting peoples bases, not sure how this would get handled then.

A lot would depend on what players would prefer to have in their world. I'd tend to go with the Savanna map as horses can eventually spawn in it once a large enough area of grass has been grown. There are also horse spawners randomly scattered around the world for them to find. then there's the occasional oasis that someone could set up a base at. The downside is no natural rain but you can grow cactus to convert into water and there is an easy way to get a large supply further into the game. The other worlds have other animals depending on the biome. They're listed on the front page.

If they will only consider a skyworld then you might want to wait until the release of version 1.5.0 as we're including a skyworld version in the pack that has its own starting quests. The downside to that world however is there is only one of each portal in it so looting could be a problem. As its still not quite ready, every quest has had to be tested as this required a complete re-write of the quest book, I could always change one or two things to eliminate vital items that are currently required to be found in the quest book to becoming a location requirement instead.

Reactions: cannajan

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Skyworld version, sounds interesting

Well cannajan, I've certainly enjoyed testing it out. There is quite a learning curve surviving in that inhospitable Nether in the early stages but it does open up a lot of possible variations to how you play it when you have 2 biomes to swap between. Mind you, I did happen to jag a King Slime Hammer when I visited my first island which as luck would have it gave me auto repair on its first upgrade. Talk about lucky.

Its not too far away from release now, just have a few loose ends to tie up. Its been a big project amalgamating the 2 different styles into the one HQM book but so far its working out nicely. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers......

Reactions: cannajan
Z

Zerias

Found a couple bugs: Breaking an oreberry bush with a wooden crook causes two bushes to drop (untested with bone). Silkworms can be applied to oreberry bushes, converting them into infested leaves.
Aside from those I'm enjoying the modpack so far, thank you for making it.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Found a couple bugs: Breaking an oreberry bush with a wooden crook causes two bushes to drop (untested with bone). Silkworms can be applied to oreberry bushes, converting them into infested leaves.
Aside from those I'm enjoying the modpack so far, thank you for making it.

Thanks for the heads up. I discovered this myself just the other day when I accidentally used my crook to move a skyberry bush to replant at my skyland base. It goes without saying that I've now removed crooks from the 1.5.0 version and had to change a number of quests that involve silkworms as they don't seem to drop without using a crook. On the positive side, I find it easier when cutting down trees now as I no longer have to crook them anymore.

Didn't know about the silkworms infesting oreberry bushes though. Could be a disaster on farms like mine where many of them are connected to each other. Going to check that one out now. Should be interesting.

Currently I'm trying to find a workaround for another bug I've found. It seems some of these mod makers don't fully test their mods before releasing them. The crooks were an easy fix as we don't really need them but the one I'm working on now is proving to be a lot harder to fix.

Glad you're enjoying the pack, hope you're not exploiting that bug too much, lol.

Cheers...........

R

Rofaf

Very much enjoying the pack, thanks for your help! Now I've run into an issue. The quest 'Don't get lost", requires the killing of 5 wither skeletons. However, I've spent more than an hour or so and killed over 200+ black skeletons, labeled Skeleton-Special mob(drop wither skuills). Ordinary Wither Skeletons do not seem to spawn in Nether Fortresses. I've cleared 3 different Nether fortresses over and over and haven't killed a single Wither Skeleton. Also the ones spawned through witch water are also just black skeletons -special mobs. Is there another way or location that would have Wither Skeletons? (Version 1.4.3)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Very much enjoying the pack, thanks for your help! Now I've run into an issue. The quest 'Don't get lost", requires the killing of 5 wither skeletons. However, I've spent more than an hour or so and killed over 200+ black skeletons, labeled Skeleton-Special mob(drop wither skuills). Ordinary Wither Skeletons do not seem to spawn in Nether Fortresses. I've cleared 3 different Nether fortresses over and over and haven't killed a single Wither Skeleton. Also the ones spawned through witch water are also just black skeletons -special mobs. Is there another way or location that would have Wither Skeletons? (Version 1.4.3)

@Spaman addressed that at the top of the page:

There's nothing I can do about the wither skeletons. The HQM book only offers one wither skeleton as a killing quest and 2 options, exact or type. Its already set to type which covers the widest range. Thankfully its the only quest in the book that deals with actual wither skeletons.

Although I do wonder if that quest could be change from a killing quest to a 'detect X Wither Skulls', perhaps?

Z

Zerias

Thanks for the heads up. I discovered this myself just the other day when I accidentally used my crook to move a skyberry bush to replant at my skyland base. It goes without saying that I've now removed crooks from the 1.5.0 version and had to change a number of quests that involve silkworms as they don't seem to drop without using a crook. On the positive side, I find it easier when cutting down trees now as I no longer have to crook them anymore.

Didn't know about the silkworms infesting oreberry bushes though. Could be a disaster on farms like mine where many of them are connected to each other. Going to check that one out now. Should be interesting.

Currently I'm trying to find a workaround for another bug I've found. It seems some of these mod makers don't fully test their mods before releasing them. The crooks were an easy fix as we don't really need them but the one I'm working on now is proving to be a lot harder to fix.

Glad you're enjoying the pack, hope you're not exploiting that bug too much, lol.

Cheers...........
Oh, I gave myself a little 'bonus' of copper bushes as a reward (and to replace those eaten by silkworms), but I'll be abstaining now as I'm into the sifting phase. Speaking of, I've played three runs so far, and noticed I hit the same bottleneck each time: Copper bushes are significantly harder to get from reward pouches than the other four (as in ten of each before I got one copper), so I end up unable to complete the stone saw and the gold berry/nugget/ingot quests for quite a while. I'm past that now [Iron Hammer+Vanilla Dungeon breaching the bedrock = Cobblestone+Iron+Copper+Silver], but it may be worth double checking the probability of getting that bush. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to restarting (if necessary) when the update hits.