[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seeing a few answers and wondering why no one has asked you why you want more than one bucket of water for your Igneous extruder?

For Stone and Obsidian, and the BC Floodgate to make big pools of water. Since there is no infinite water source it is a pain to fill in every single water source especially if you want it to be more than one layer. Other than that, just because lol. I will most likely do the cactus farm as soon as I get cactus. unfortunately my world doesn't seem to spawn reg cactus, only the ones that grow fruit and they don't grow. So I'm hopping you can get it from the seeds.

As for the lava for the Extruder I have several barrels making lava but was going to upgrade to the Extra Utilities pump, but found out it has been disabled for some reason. So I will probably just add way more barrels.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
For Stone and Obsidian, and the BC Floodgate to make big pools of water. Since there is no infinite water source it is a pain to fill in every single water source especially if you want it to be more than one layer. Other than that, just because lol. I will most likely do the cactus farm as soon as I get cactus. unfortunately my world doesn't seem to spawn reg cactus, only the ones that grow fruit and they don't grow. So I'm hopping you can get it from the seeds.

As for the lava for the Extruder I have several barrels making lava but was going to upgrade to the Extra Utilities pump, but found out it has been disabled for some reason. So I will probably just add way more barrels.

Okay, its really late here so this might not make a lot of sense. I mentioned earlier about using furnaces to make stone. As for obsidian, if you wait until you get to the OBSIDIAN OBLIVION quest you'll find that you have to make all the materials to make an obsidian producer anyway. Its not that complicated and you'll be able to produce all the obsidian you like using just one bucket of water. You can even retrieve the water back when you're done.

As for regular cactus, you get seeds from sifting sand. The only way to grow the saguaro into large plants is to plant the fruit. It takes forever to grow though and only seems to grow in certain biomes.

As for water, ahh precious water, eventually you'll be able to gather all the water you want once the Mutation quests open up. Its all explained in the actual quests. I do hope everyone is actually reading them rather than just looking at what's required, completing the quest and moving on......

Cheers....

Reactions: RehabOholic

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Want to try the pack and saw the upcoming changes to 1.4. Is 1.4 slated to happen soon as in days or weeks or undetermined at this point?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Want to try the pack and saw the upcoming changes to 1.4. Is 1.4 slated to happen soon as in days or weeks or undetermined at this point?

Probably about a week. Still testing the ruins update we implemented. So far no crashes so fingers crossed its now more stable.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but the same crash I posted about has happened again. Same Ruin type as before.(This is the taiga map that is there when installing the pack). This is a newly gen chunk without Fastcraft installed(Removed it after the first crash). Sorry I can't give you anymore info. Its the drying rack or what ever is trying to spawn on the rack itself. I spent a couple hours trying to get any info on what it might be to help you out, but failed.

Just to be clear, this ruin is the tall Harden Clay/Bedrock/Red Sand, with a small slab damaged staircase going up, and down. The Rack is under this ruin in the same place as the last one I removed with McEdit. Sorry again.. I tried figuring out how/what all can spawn on the drying racks as well, but couldn't figure out (if there is) a list or not. I will keep looking into it in hopes that I can help better.

It took me awhile, but just to some what help, I did re-install the pack and then fly around to try and find that tower and I finally found one and it was a crash to desktop as before. Will keep looking into it.

Update: If I'm doing this right this is what I have found out. Item ID 4478 DMG 4 Unknown Item 4478:4. This is what is trying to load on the Tinkers Rack. When searching the Item ID's that is a Blank Pattern. That is all I can figure out.

Just to throw my 2 cents in...
I am in savannah and same crash to desktop, same errors, same ruin. I nbtedited my level.dat to enable cheats and as soon as I loaded world, mashed U and tp'd back home. so guess stay away from those ruins? :)

would editing forge config to delete error entities fix this I wonder?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Just to throw my 2 cents in...
I am in savannah and same crash to desktop, same errors, same ruin. I nbtedited my level.dat to enable cheats and as soon as I loaded world, mashed U and tp'd back home. so guess stay away from those ruins? :)

would editing forge config to delete error entities fix this I wonder?

It could have been the older version of ruins we were using. Have since updated to latest version of ruins and although my computer froze temporarily when approaching a couple of ruins, it didn't crash. Just took about 10-15 seconds to get going again. It only happened the once and since then no more crashes.

Ruins does seem to have a few minor hitches. I've got it set to not overlap on existing ruins but it still manages to sometimes. On the positive side, when it does this you sometimes get white sand instead of the red stuff.

Considering Forge warns that changing tile entity errors could result in the following,

BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.

Even if it works on my computer, it could create havoc on someone else's computer so I'm not inclined to make changes that come with warnings like the above.

Hopefully with the update installed in the new 1.4.0 update, this problem will become a thing of the past.

E

Elder Sign

It could have been the older version of ruins we were using. Have since updated to latest version of ruins and although my computer froze temporarily when approaching a couple of ruins, it didn't crash. Just took about 10-15 seconds to get going again. It only happened the once and since then no more crashes.

Ruins does seem to have a few minor hitches. I've got it set to not overlap on existing ruins but it still manages to sometimes. On the positive side, when it does this you sometimes get white sand instead of the red stuff.

Considering Forge warns that changing tile entity errors could result in the following,

BE WARNED THIS COULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING USE SPARINGLY WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.

Even if it works on my computer, it could create havoc on someone else's computer so I'm not inclined to make changes that come with warnings like the above.

Hopefully with the update installed in the new 1.4.0 update, this problem will become a thing of the past.

I think that I may have found the culprit...

New ruin generated and minecraft hung like it was going to crash for almost a minute then came back to normal, checked out the ruin and there seemed to be an empty drying rack, right clicked on it and there was a glitched out cleaver from TiCon, you know the kind where the tool just looks like a square of rainbow? Completely non functional tool but when I tossed it on the ground, boom instant crash, mc came right back but it had deleted the item.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I think that I may have found the culprit...

New ruin generated and minecraft hung like it was going to crash for almost a minute then came back to normal, checked out the ruin and there seemed to be an empty drying rack, right clicked on it and there was a glitched out cleaver from TiCon, you know the kind where the tool just looks like a square of rainbow? Completely non functional tool but when I tossed it on the ground, boom instant crash, mc came right back but it had deleted the item.

I seem to recall I put a cleaver blade in a dungeon ruin somewhere. I'll do a search and replace it with something else. I know I've seen it as I've managed to get it a few times during the game. I'm wondering if ppl who are having crashes are still using the FORGE version the game comes with?

Thanks for the heads up........

EDIT: Just went through and removed the cleaver blade from the ruins that have the fence around the surface area. Can you confirm that is the same as where you found your cleaver?

The cleaver I'm talking about was a steel blade only.

I do recall removing complete TiCon weapons from ruins as they are actually unusable and show as a multi coloured flat surface as you described. Possibly only from this latest update though. Its so hard to keep up with everything I'm changing or removing in an update, especially when they happen so soon after the last one.

It would be helpful if you could give a better description of the ruin and which biome you encountered it in.

Thanks again Elder for all your assistance.......

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I seem to recall I put a cleaver blade in a dungeon ruin somewhere. I'll do a search and replace it with something else. I know I've seen it as I've managed to get it a few times during the game. I'm wondering if ppl who are having crashes are still using the FORGE version the game comes with?

fyi I was getting those crashes in world but I did actually find one of those steel large blades w/o a crash

maybe the ID is a meta of something else? Drying rack tries to convert things, maybe the meta of that broken tool is the next meta of some target or vice versa?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
fyi I was getting those crashes in world but I did actually find one of those steel large blades w/o a crash

maybe the ID is a meta of something else? Drying rack tries to convert things, maybe the meta of that broken tool is the next meta of some target or vice versa?

I think you're right, I just removed blades that probably were fine. Ah well , you'll get different rewards in future. At least now they'll be varied. I did remember after going through and replacing them that I had previously put TC weapons in chests and drying racks only to discover they glitched into a multi coloured plate only after spawning in an actual world. They worked fine during testing, but they tend to change in actual game conditions. That's also why you'll sometimes come across drying racks or chests that are facing the wrong direction. They're put in correctly but then spawn differently. I've managed to change some but others are just too complicated. The wells are a good example. Every one is made exactly the same above the surface, yet in game some of the stairs change their direction while others don't, giving them a different look. I kinda like the erratic differences so I decided not to fix them.

I've removed all the Tic weapons I could find but its always possible one got past me. I'd appreciate any info you might have collected when you experienced your crash. A decent description of the ruin that caused the crash would be really helpful as well.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I think you're right, I just removed blades that probably were fine. Ah well , you'll get different rewards in future. At least now they'll be varied. I did remember after going through and replacing them that I had previously put TC weapons in chests and drying racks only to discover they glitched into a multi coloured plate only after spawning in an actual world. They worked fine during testing, but they tend to change in actual game conditions. That's also why you'll sometimes come across drying racks or chests that are facing the wrong direction. They're put in correctly but then spawn differently. I've managed to change some but others are just too complicated. The wells are a good example. Every one is made exactly the same above the surface, yet in game some of the stairs change their direction while others don't, giving them a different look. I kinda like the erratic differences so I decided not to fix them.

I've removed all the Tic weapons I could find but its always possible one got past me. I'd appreciate any info you might have collected when you experienced your crash. A decent description of the ruin that caused the crash would be really helpful as well.
My crash was the same as the person I replied to a page or so back. it was the tall mound (I never got close enough to actually see it clearly). From his description, I think it was the spider spawner one.

TBH, I don't know why that buggy ticon tool even exists. A friend once threw one to me to see on a server and when it hit the ground, the server crashed lol and we couldn't rejoin w/o the admin clearing all items on the ground.

I can't see anything that shares the same ID as that rainbow tool. The only thing that stands out about it is it's the last ID in tinkers. I can't recall where but I remember another pack where someone mentioned that an item that doesn't have all it's information done set correctly while being spawned, turns into one of these. Possibly you were hanging a specific weapon that you made and added to the drying rack? Did you make any of those?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
My crash was the same as the person I replied to a page or so back. it was the tall mound (I never got close enough to actually see it clearly). From his description, I think it was the spider spawner one.

TBH, I don't know why that buggy ticon tool even exists. A friend once threw one to me to see on a server and when it hit the ground, the server crashed lol and we couldn't rejoin w/o the admin clearing all items on the ground.

I can't see anything that shares the same ID as that rainbow tool. The only thing that stands out about it is it's the last ID in tinkers. I can't recall where but I remember another pack where someone mentioned that an item that doesn't have all it's information done set correctly while being spawned, turns into one of these. Possibly you were hanging a specific weapon that you made and added to the drying rack? Did you make any of those?

I manage to test this crash several times on 4 different worlds, and the only way to get back in game is to remove the item using McEdit. Either double clicking the drying rack and removing the item, or delete the rack and all. Every time the item in question has been a blank pattern with the wrong damage value. As for the Steel blade, I have found several(well not several.lol), but 4 I think and never crashed. I am almost sure that I have come across most if not all types of ruins, and the only one that has crashed me is the tall tower, no fence, just an opening in the side with a slab spiral staircase going up/down.

There has only been one other ruin that cause my game to hang for 10sec or so while it finish generating. I've currently stopped playing to do something else. Since I will most likly have to start over when the update comes out I'm just waiting till then. To tell you the truth the crash doesn't bother me. Now that I know right where the item is, It only takes me a few minutes to fix.

Here is 2 pictures of the ruin.
http://imgur.com/ijeXkNP
http://imgur.com/OEth798

Last edited:
E

Elder Sign

EDIT: Just went through and removed the cleaver blade from the ruins that have the fence around the surface area. Can you confirm that is the same as where you found your cleaver?

The cleaver I'm talking about was a steel blade only.

I do recall removing complete TiCon weapons from ruins as they are actually unusable and show as a multi coloured flat surface as you described. Possibly only from this latest update though. Its so hard to keep up with everything I'm changing or removing in an update, especially when they happen so soon after the last one.

It would be helpful if you could give a better description of the ruin and which biome you encountered it in.

Thanks again Elder for all your assistance.......

It's kind of hard to describe the ruin in question, it's in the swampland map, kind of a small mound of sand, if I remember correctly it was the one with a drying rack, a crafting table and a chest.

E

Elder Sign

I manage to test this crash several times on 4 different worlds, and the only way to get back in game is to remove the item using McEdit. Either double clicking the drying rack and removing the item, or delete the rack and all. Every time the item in question has been a blank pattern with the wrong damage value. As for the Steel blade, I have found several(well not several.lol), but 4 I think and never crashed. I am almost sure that I have come across most if not all types of ruins, and the only one that has crashed me is the tall tower, no fence, just an opening in the side with a slab spiral staircase going up/down.

There has only been one other ruin that cause my game to hang for 10sec or so while it finish generating. I've currently stopped playing to do something else. Since I will most likly have to start over when the update comes out I'm just waiting till then. To tell you the truth the crash doesn't bother me. Now that I know right where the item is, It only takes me a few minutes to fix.

Here is 2 pictures of the ruin.
http://imgur.com/ijeXkNP
http://imgur.com/OEth798

Not the same ruin as I found the rainbow cleaver in, but I have found actual patterns in that ruin before, I personally never had an issue with them, but I'm also not exactly playing on the same exact versions of the maps that everyone else is....

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, Swamp is still the easiest because of the spruce-wood witch huts, right? And then it goes Savannah, Taiga, and Frozen River?

E

Elder Sign

So, Swamp is still the easiest because of the spruce-wood witch huts, right? And then it goes Savannah, Taiga, and Frozen River?

It's a trade off really, spruce is now only required for the barrels/drawers quests, but the swampland only has a single layer of sand, so it's a lot harder to set up an underground bunker as well as things like running conduit and such out of sight/out of the way and a few other things, but it is probably the easiest to get slimeballs in...

E

Elder Sign

It's a trade off really, spruce is now only required for the barrels/drawers quests, but the swampland only has a single layer of sand, so it's a lot harder to set up an underground bunker as well as things like running conduit and such out of sight/out of the way and a few other things, but it is probably the easiest to get slimeballs in...
BTW watch out for the purple and the watermelon slimes, damn things are surprising as hell.....

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019

Actually there really isn't an easiest or hardest biome. They all have their own pro's and con's depending on how you play the game. The sand levels are there to balance out the difficulty. The Savanna would have to the the hardest to get started on due to the lack of rain, but once you're established it can become the easiest due to the extra sand depth. Also if you have a fire weapon, it doesn't get negated during 'rain'. The snow biome likewise but then spiders are harder to kill on the snow.