[1.7.10] Marooned

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Nope doesn't work for me. I'm going to re-download and restart.
Well look at the bright side. That particular quest is an optional quest that won't affect the rest of the game if it isn't completed. I'll look into it again when I get back home to see if there's something about it that might possibly affect the way its triggered. I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers.......

EDIT: We've rechecked the quest on the actual downloaded version and discovered it simply won't accept any kind of rocket we made because it managed to switch from 'fuzzy' to 'precise' during the change over to 1.1.1 - We've just uploaded a quick fix in the form of 1.1.1.1 with the precise now switched to fuzzy, so you'll be able to make any of the rockets to complete the quest.

Look out for it and download it when its released. If you've got a game started already and want to keep it, make sure you save it somewhere safe first and put it back in your save folder after the 1.1.1.1 has finished downloading. You can still play 1.1.1 during the interval as the update will NOT affect your saved game and once updated you'll be able to then complete the 'Growing Wild' quest. As it doesn't affect any other quest in the game you shouldn't be disadvantaged by having to wait a few more days...........

Cheers.......

Last edited:
E

Elder Sign

For the shearing leaves quest are the acacia leaves the intended target or should that be spruce leaves?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
For the shearing leaves quest are the acacia leaves the intended target or should that be spruce leaves?
I understand why you're asking as it would tend to make sense to make them spruce now that the sieve is also spruce. But being the gremlin I am I decided to leave the acacia in just to make it that little bit harder...................

BTW: You get acacia seeds from sifting dirt........

Cheers...........

E

Elder Sign

I understand why you're asking as it would tend to make sense to make them spruce now that the sieve is also spruce. But being the gremlin I am I decided to leave the acacia in just to make it that little bit harder...................

BTW: You get acacia seeds from sifting dirt........

Cheers...........

I've noticed that, once you get the sieve it's fairly easy to complete the quest. BTW I love how the mega rubber trees are quest rewards, is there any chance that the twilight oaks are a quest reward as well? Not the sickly saplings that only grow the normal sized trees but true ones that grow the massive trees, I'm asking because I would like to build a house in one but the drop rate of those saplings is abysmal...

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
I cant get tinkers to make me a slime bow limb? I've made pink slime, (thanks for the recipe) made 18 into 2 blocks, smelted them to crystals, shows the description in the part maker and shows a pick head if I use that pattern but the bow limb nope! So I tried plastic blocks and that has the same result no bow limb? I have enough (1.5) so I'm stuck. I know its not part of a quest and doesnt matter, its just odd!

I'm getting my smeltery together at last! so I'll just move up to a crossbow, I hope slime or plastic will work for that limb!
didnt notice any mega rubber trees, I added my saplings to the existing stack did I miss something?
I got a fruit tree with no fruit on it! never seen this before on any pack, luckily it was a spare, but I didnt think this was even possible.
I'm really enjoying the pack, your changes have slowed down progression but I sure dont have time to get bored, the early game is very hands on!

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that, once you get the sieve it's fairly easy to complete the quest. BTW I love how the mega rubber trees are quest rewards, is there any chance that the twilight oaks are a quest reward as well? Not the sickly saplings that only grow the normal sized trees but true ones that grow the massive trees, I'm asking because I would like to build a house in one but the drop rate of those saplings is abysmal...

Lets address the quest rewards first, In some cases I've made them so that you'll either get a reward that I've made myself or a generic one that wasn't designed by me but is part of the existing game. I haven't tinkered with that side of it as I kinda like the idea that you can get some weird rewards. So to answer your twilight saplings question:
I've only included ghostwood saplings so that 'lucky' players can make fletchings for arrows. You might be interested to hear I'm already working on update 1.1.2 which will be a small addition that will allow players to continue playing their existing saved games but has some new mods included. I'll be putting in a 'Coming Soon' spoiler on the main page shortly outlining the additions. BTW: I'm playing a new test world and got to the point where I had all I needed from sifting dirt except that blasted acacia seed. Decided it really should be a spruce as the early quests aren't meant to be an exercise is shear frustration. No sooner had I changed it and finished the quest when I went back to sift some gravel, there was half a dirt block left, finished sifting it and out popped an acacia seed. That is how slim the margin can be to get a quest changed. If I'd finished the sifting, the acacia might still be there.

Cheers.........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I cant get tinkers to make me a slime bow limb? I've made pink slime, (thanks for the recipe) made 18 into 2 blocks, smelted them to crystals, shows the description in the part maker and shows a pick head if I use that pattern but the bow limb nope! So I tried plastic blocks and that has the same result no bow limb? I have enough (1.5) so I'm stuck. I know its not part of a quest and doesnt matter, its just odd!

I'm getting my smeltery together at last! so I'll just move up to a crossbow, I hope slime or plastic will work for that limb!
didnt notice any mega rubber trees, I added my saplings to the existing stack did I miss something?
I got a fruit tree with no fruit on it! never seen this before on any pack, luckily it was a spare, but I didnt think this was even possible.
I'm really enjoying the pack, your changes have slowed down progression but I sure dont have time to get bored, the early game is very hands on!

I haven't tinkered with tinkers, or removed any of the parts you can normally make with it. As far as bows and their parts are concerned, I haven't done anything to change or remove them, so I don't know why you'd be having problems making one. Blame it on the the tinkerer.

I've also had a fruit tree with no fruit on it, that's why I've put in extra saplings in the 2nd tier of the garden challenge to let players get another one exactly for that eventuality.

I'm playing a new game to try out the changes properly and I have to agree, it really gets busy once you have a smelter set up. I'm playing around with Agricraft, love mutating new crops, especially the melons and pumpkins that don't need a spare block to ripen onto. Glad to hear you're enjoying the pack. Keep checking the main page as I post any new changes I have planned for the pack on there.

There will be a 1.1.2 update as I've found a couple of great little mods that won't upset the existing game but I think will be greatly appreciated by everyone... Well I hope they will..

Cheers........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
First video of my LP is up c:

Just watched your video Used half my remaining DL allowance but as I'm heading on holiday in a couple of days, I thought it was worth it. Gotta say, I laughed a lot each time you struck bedrock at the first 2 wells. So much effort for no return. That'll teach you for trying to take shortcuts so early in the game. Gotta admire your spirit throwing caution to the wind and using up your scythe so blithely on all those leaves.

I'm wondering what mini map you are using. I settled on the current one as it was possible to remove teleporting which I didn't want in the game. BTW, multiple death points are possible with it, I just chose to leave it to just one. Gives a player more incentive not to die so often.

The way you tore into my beautifully designed oasis just to get a sapling brought a tear to my eye. If you'd just chosen to complete the Taint Nuttin quest you would have been given a palm tree of your own to rip apart for its sapling. What's more, the oasis palms were specifically designed not to shed any leaves, unlike regularly grown ones. Ahh well such is life.............

In case you're wondering about the bowstrings, I thought it would be nice to have what resembled camel reigns hanging on the posts. Guess I missed the mark on that one.....

Your video was very entertaining and I'm always interested in seeing how others play the game. I look forward to seeing more when I return late next month. In the meantime enjoy the game and don't forget to check out the front page as I've already started work on version 1.1.2 with a few new added mods to enhance the experience.

Cheers..........

E

Elder Sign

Just watched your video Used half my remaining DL allowance but as I'm heading on holiday in a couple of days, I thought it was worth it. Gotta say, I laughed a lot each time you struck bedrock at the first 2 wells. So much effort for no return. That'll teach you for trying to take shortcuts so early in the game. Gotta admire your spirit throwing caution to the wind and using up your scythe so blithely on all those leaves.

I'm wondering what mini map you are using. I settled on the current one as it was possible to remove teleporting which I didn't want in the game. BTW, multiple death points are possible with it, I just chose to leave it to just one. Gives a player more incentive not to die so often.

The way you tore into my beautifully designed oasis just to get a sapling brought a tear to my eye. If you'd just chosen to complete the Taint Nuttin quest you would have been given a palm tree of your own to rip apart for its sapling. What's more, the oasis palms were specifically designed not to shed any leaves, unlike regularly grown ones. Ahh well such is life.............

In case you're wondering about the bowstrings, I thought it would be nice to have what resembled camel reigns hanging on the posts. Guess I missed the mark on that one.....

Your video was very entertaining and I'm always interested in seeing how others play the game. I look forward to seeing more when I return late next month. In the meantime enjoy the game and don't forget to check out the front page as I've already started work on version 1.1.2 with a few new added mods to enhance the experience.

Cheers..........

I have to say that I had a bit more luck on the generated world that I was messing around with when it came to the wells, the one that was right next to spawn had the stone bottom that I wanted and basically let me have lava by the first night, which really changed the speed of the early game a lot....

I am using Xaero's minimap ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2379024-xaeros-minimap ), and really the main main reason I am using it is that it doesn't require lite loader and removes some overhead which helps with recording, at least for me.

If that brought a tear to your eye then you are really not going to like what I did to your oasis in future episodes... it gets used and abused ( I tend to record several episodes in advance so I have already done very bad things I'm afraid...)

Ah, camel reigns... that makes much more sense, I was looking at everything from a pure 'what resources can I extract from this' standpoint not an aesthetic one.

I just looked over the changes coming in 1.1.2 and funnily enough I was just mentioning in the episode I recorded this morning how I would love to have creeper collateral included in this modpack. c:

E

Elder Sign

The Steel Cleaver quest doesn't seem to work, the last step is a crafting quest and items made in the tool forge usually don't register in the hqm book sadly

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
Both of the choice quests didn't work for me, The cleaver/battle axe I had to make both, and the manyullyn pick axe or all the different pickax heads again I had to complete both to get one to finish. (The battle Axe was accepted after I made the cleaver, and the different pick ax heads completed after I had already made the manyullyn pick..)

I cheated in an iron pickaxe to make a pump. There was no alternate recipe. I believe there is a way or mod that allows you to craft the generic tools, but they have a single point of durability.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
The Steel Cleaver quest doesn't seem to work, the last step is a crafting quest and items made in the tool forge usually don't register in the hqm book sadly

It seems these types of quests only stop working after they've been tested thoroughly and worked every time on my computer. Its so annoying having to constantly change or adjust the quests to make them work elsewhere. Thankfully I'll be releasing 1.1.2 when I get back from NZ and I'll make a point to remove the requirement to actually complete the required tool/weapon, just the parts to make it. Thankfully I've been able to acquire a laptop to use while I'm here so I can still monitor this page.

Cheers.......

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Both of the choice quests didn't work for me, The cleaver/battle axe I had to make both, and the manyullyn pick axe or all the different pickax heads again I had to complete both to get one to finish. (The battle Axe was accepted after I made the cleaver, and the different pick ax heads completed after I had already made the manyullyn pick..)

I cheated in an iron pickaxe to make a pump. There was no alternate recipe. I believe there is a way or mod that allows you to craft the generic tools, but they have a single point of durability.

Not sure why the manyullym quest made you do both as its designed to close the other one the moment you complete the first. I've tested it many times and had no problems but that seems to be the order of the day, work here and then go on strike on other computers. I may have to re-think how I sort this one out...

As for the pump, Since it wasn't part of any quest I didn't make an alternative recipe for it. If you can think of any items that you intend to use that can't currently be made\, make a list here and I'll look into it. BTW; I haven't removed the regular recipes, that was part of another mod that removes them by default.

Cheers........

E

Elder Sign

Not sure why the manyullym quest made you do both as its designed to close the other one the moment you complete the first. I've tested it many times and had no problems but that seems to be the order of the day, work here and then go on strike on other computers. I may have to re-think how I sort this one out...

As for the pump, Since it wasn't part of any quest I didn't make an alternative recipe for it. If you can think of any items that you intend to use that can't currently be made\, make a list here and I'll look into it. BTW; I haven't removed the regular recipes, that was part of another mod that removes them by default.

Cheers........

Would the buildcraft quarry also be a recipe that should be changed or did you not want that to be available since the ender quarry seems to be disabled as well? Currently the BC quarry requires a diamond pick to craft and there's not really a work around for that pick like there is the iron pick which I got from a zombie and then repaired in an anvil.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Would the buildcraft quarry also be a recipe that should be changed or did you not want that to be available since the ender quarry seems to be disabled as well? Currently the BC quarry requires a diamond pick to craft and there's not really a work around for that pick like there is the iron pick which I got from a zombie and then repaired in an anvil.

I've never used the B-quarry so it wasn't on my radar. Its a simple process for me to make a viable recipe for it and as such I'll make one for the 1.1.2 update. Whenever you find a recipe that requires vanilla tools in the recipe, just assume I haven't noticed it, or haven't used it myself so was unaware of its existence and let me know on here that you'd like it to be included in Marooned. SirJah888 is usually familiar with them as he's spent more time playing around using them. I can easily run each one past him to find out what they're used for to make sure they won't interfere with other requirements of the game. I'm guessing they won't and are only alternative ways to play the game to make it more enjoyable. The more you can list on here, the less I'll have to deal with in a possible extra future update so fell free to list any you'd like to have in your game.

Cheers....

E

Elder Sign

I've never used the B-quarry so it wasn't on my radar. Its a simple process for me to make a viable recipe for it and as such I'll make one for the 1.1.2 update. Whenever you find a recipe that requires vanilla tools in the recipe, just assume I haven't noticed it, or haven't used it myself so was unaware of its existence and let me know on here that you'd like it to be included in Marooned. SirJah888 is usually familiar with them as he's spent more time playing around using them. I can easily run each one past him to find out what they're used for to make sure they won't interfere with other requirements of the game. I'm guessing they won't and are only alternative ways to play the game to make it more enjoyable. The more you can list on here, the less I'll have to deal with in a possible extra future update so fell free to list any you'd like to have in your game.

Cheers....

I will be sure to keep my eyes open for any more recipes that use items that aren't craftable currently, the main thing that I can think of off the top of is strawberry seeds, without them it is impossible to breed up a large amount of plants, mainly any berries/fruit that doesn't come from trees.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I will be sure to keep my eyes open for any more recipes that use items that aren't craftable currently, the main thing that I can think of off the top of is strawberry seeds, without them it is impossible to breed up a large amount of plants, mainly any berries/fruit that doesn't come from trees.

You can use Agricraft to mutate fruit seeds. According to the author, strawberry seeds have now been added to the mutation list, so impossible should be possible. [He mentions the strawberry addition on page 37 back in March 7 2015]

Apart from the 'QDS' challenge using fruit and nuts, I'd be interested in knowing where else you intend to use fruit, assuming there is another place you have in mind.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
"As for the pump, Since it wasn't part of any quest I didn't make an alternative recipe for it."

So if you don't use a pump, how do you power you machines? I use lava and while crucibles are fine early, you need too many to keep it going mid/end game. Plus my machines are spread out, tree farm, the two mob farms, the fruit tree farm, animals, etc.

I throw a pump down in the nether and fill drums. Drums filling magmatic dynamos are what I've got now and I don't see a need to build anything else.

You can use Agricraft to mutate fruit seeds
If you look at farmland, uses, it brings up the crop mutations. Strawberry isn't one of them. It goes from spice leaf to sweet potato.