[1.7.10] Marooned

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
"Twilight portal can't be made, its found as part of the quest series. It'll be hidden in a dungeon." - ifrostyonme

Thank You!! I was going nuts trying to get the portal to work. I probably know where it is, I just didn't finish that ruin yet.

E

Elder Sign

Been playing the hell out of this, loving it so much so far. I'm thinking about doing a LP of this on my channel, if I do then I will post a link on here.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the hell out of this, loving it so much so far. I'm thinking about doing a LP of this on my channel, if I do then I will post a link on here.
Glad you like it so much but don't go too far as I'm about to release a major update with new mods, more ruins and an extra 'comprehensive' dedicated page of quests for the latter part of the game. The version will be 1.1.1 so you know to look out for it.

Cheers.......

redforest

Jul 29, 2019
The bucket edit is waht I really want b4 any playthrough. tho I can go out/ kill skele/get bone meal/chop down tree for my salt... I would rather craft .33% more times.

A way to make the pack harder would be to change all the water into still water... or remove the vanilla method of infinite water after you have 2 sources.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
The bucket edit is waht I really want b4 any playthrough. tho I can go out/ kill skele/get bone meal/chop down tree for my salt... I would rather craft .33% more times.

A way to make the pack harder would be to change all the water into still water... or remove the vanilla method of infinite water after you have 2 sources.

Not sure what you mean by crafting .33% more, unless you're saying you would prefer to do less crafting early in the game, or perhaps more crafting. Bucket edit? Again, not sure what you are saying here. Chopping down trees for salt? I'm confused.

Yes, I could always make the game harder but having a game that's so hard most people wouldn't want to play it isn't what I was after. There are already shortcuts experienced players can take that I haven't been inclined to remove. Part of the fun of playing quests like this is finding ways to overcome the natural hardships incorporated in the game. An example I could quote is 'Crash Landing'. The first few times I played it, I died frequently, but learn't where its weaknesses were and before long I could start a new game and have myself setup on the first day so that progressing through the quests became quite easy. The point is I really enjoyed finding out the best way to survive and thrive.

Marooned is not meant to be so hard that all the fun of progressing through the quests is lost through constant trial and error. Removing infinite water would only make it slightly harder and just add more grinding which to be honest isn't everyone's cup of tea. From the feedback I've already received, it appears some people already think the game is hard enough.

From your post it appears you are saying you want some kind of bucket editing before you'll even consider doing a playthru. Does this mean you haven't even tried it yet? Or have you played for a day or two and decided its too easy?

Cheers...........

redforest

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.1 change in the recipe for crafting "fresh water" removes 3 wood planks & reduces the water from 4 -> 3 =>> more clicks with reduced cost in resources. I am looking forward to this change... I apologize for the communication gap as I inferred knowledge that should not have intrinsically been offhandedly at the ready.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.1 change in the recipe for crafting "fresh water" removes 3 wood planks & reduces the water from 4 -> 3 =>> more clicks with reduced cost in resources. I am looking forward to this change... I apologize for the communication gap as I inferred knowledge that should not have intrinsically been offhandedly at the ready.

All becomes clear in the blink of an eye. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. If this small change makes you happy then hold onto your hat as there are a lot more changes that are designed to remove some other burdens of crafting. Of course when you are given an easier task with the one hand you might find the other hand is simultaneously handing you a harder task. Just saying..............

Cheers.....

sir drand

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying, the "First Tasks" quest, in the first part, it says that you can swap tainted dirt for dirt in the "Taint terrible" quest. The quest is actually called "Taint 'Nuthin".

E

Elder Sign

Just a couple of mod related questions; first is it intentional the the ruins mod is included twice? I was getting some world generation lag until I disabled the second copy is why I am asking. And secodly have you thought about including some performance boosting mods like fastcraft and INpure code? Both are client-side and Fastcraft fixes a lot of the lighting engine bugs in 1.7.10 while INpure code helps to streamline NEI a bit by cutting out duplicate recipes and so on.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of mod related questions; first is it intentional the the ruins mod is included twice? I was getting some world generation lag until I disabled the second copy is why I am asking. And secodly have you thought about including some performance boosting mods like fastcraft and INpure code? Both are client-side and Fastcraft fixes a lot of the lighting engine bugs in 1.7.10 while INpure code helps to streamline NEI a bit by cutting out duplicate recipes and so on.

We didn't like Fastcraft as it caused some instability. Couldn't work out why so removed it. Feel free to add it if it works for you. The 2nd copy of ruins was the original download which needs to be unpacked into its respective folders before it will work. It managed to get left in by mistake. It will be removed for the 1.1.1 update. Thanks for pointing this out to us. Being a zip that houses the jar, it shouldn't actually be able to be utilized by FML.

We'll check out INpure to see if its worth including in a future update.

Cheers............

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying, the "First Tasks" quest, in the first part, it says that you can swap tainted dirt for dirt in the "Taint terrible" quest. The quest is actually called "Taint 'Nuthin".

We're aware of the discrepancy and have already changed it in the 1.1.1 update. Feel free to point out any other discrepancies you find as its easy for us to miss something, especially after having made so many changes to the original game...

Cheers........

E

Elder Sign

Just a bit of a question, did you by chance have any extra utils pipes placed in the world? I keep getting a crash for a stack overflow and it seems to be referencing only extra util pipes.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Everything's going to plan. No, really, that was supposed to happen.

Time: 1/20/16 8:06 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.StackOverflowError: Unexpected error
at java.util.HashMap.containsKey(Unknown Source)
at java.util.HashSet.contains(Unknown Source)
at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.transfernodes.TNHelper.getPipe(TNHelper.java:146)
at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.transfernodes.pipes.PipeCrossOver.canInput(PipeCrossOver.java:83)
at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.transfernodes.pipes.PipeCrossOver.canInput(PipeCrossOver.java:92)
at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.transfernodes.pipes.PipeCrossOver.canInput(PipeCrossOver.java:92)
.....and it repeats ad nauseum until minecraft gives up and crashes

this may help too, it gives a rough location in game for the error

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['the_elder_sign'/184, l='MpServer', x=699.50, y=65.62, z=314.50]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 289, 289
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (691,4,322), Chunk: (at 3,0,2 in 43,20; contains blocks 688,0,320 to 703,255,335), Region: (1,0; contains chunks 32,0 to 63,31, blocks 512,0,0 to 1023,255,511)
Level time: 2420 game time, 246 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 37 total; [EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/135, l='MpServer', x=800.50, y=16.85, z=330.50], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/151, l='MpServer', x=800.50, y=16.85, z=390.50], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/152, l='MpServer', x=819.50, y=14.85, z=261.50], EntitySquid['Squid'/27, l='MpServer', x=651.50, y=61.31, z=375.72], EntitySquid['Squid'/28, l='MpServer', x=644.50, y=61.00, z=379.22], EntityItem['item.item.arrow'/29, l='MpServer', x=666.13, y=9.13, z=366.88], EntityItem['item.item.bone'/30, l='MpServer', x=665.38, y=8.13, z=365.63], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/158, l='MpServer', x=825.50, y=15.85, z=280.50], EntityBat['Bat'/31, l='MpServer', x=685.91, y=32.97, z=238.75], EntityItem['item.item.dyePowder.black'/32, l='MpServer', x=686.91, y=62.13, z=337.13], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/160, l='MpServer', x=825.50, y=6.85, z=323.50], EntityItem['item.item.dyePowder.black'/33, l='MpServer', x=685.13, y=62.13, z=336.47], EntityItem['item.tile.rail'/34, l='MpServer', x=731.59, y=8.13, z=339.25], EntityItem['item.tile.rail'/35, l='MpServer', x=730.44, y=8.13, z=338.25], EntityItem['item.tile.rail'/36, l='MpServer', x=733.81, y=8.13, z=337.13], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/230, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/102, l='MpServer', x=798.50, y=15.85, z=377.50], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/231, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/232, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/104, l='MpServer', x=798.50, y=16.85, z=382.50], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/233, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/234, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/235, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/107, l='MpServer', x=812.50, y=17.85, z=292.50], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/236, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/237, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/238, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityBat['Bat'/46, l='MpServer', x=763.56, y=14.09, z=363.88], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/239, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityBat['Bat'/47, l='MpServer', x=763.75, y=13.94, z=368.13], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/240, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityTFNagaSegment['unknown'/241, l='MpServer', x=0.00, y=0.00, z=0.00], EntityBat['Bat'/50, l='MpServer', x=763.75, y=14.78, z=369.56], EntityBat['Bat'/52, l='MpServer', x=765.25, y=15.09, z=375.75], EntityClientPlayerMP['the_elder_sign'/184, l='MpServer', x=699.50, y=65.62, z=314.50], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/59, l='MpServer', x=781.50, y=13.85, z=357.50], EntityCartChest['entity.MinecartChest.name'/62, l='MpServer', x=790.50, y=9.85, z=261.50]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2432)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:916)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I see 1.1.1 has shown up on the launcher c:

I'm assuming as you wrote this first that you are now using the 1.1.1 version which caused the crash. For starters we haven't added any extra util pipes into the game. Some ruins contain EU items in chests or on drying racks but no pipes, mostly blocks and a node upgrade. These items were already in the earlier versions so its unlikely they would have caused the problem.

I'm wondering whether you are trying to play a saved game from an earlier version and if so whether its 'clashing' with the upgraded version of the HQM mod.

Everything we've added in the 1.1.1 upgrade has been tested and has caused no conflicts to date when playing the new saved games made specifically for 1.1.1.

If you are trying to play a save game from an earlier version, it may not run under 1.1.1 which means you'll probably only be able to play earlier version saves on earlier versions of Marooned.

Cheers.....

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
So the new version needs a restart, not a problem.
I would have tried to play with my existing save too, so you might want to make a note on page1

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.1 Hard World
I cannot complete the Growing Wild. I've made 2 firework rockets (1 gunpower, 1 paper & 1 gunpower, 1 firework star, 1 paper) and launched them, but it doesn't seem to count in the book.

E

Elder Sign

I'm assuming as you wrote this first that you are now using the 1.1.1 version which caused the crash. For starters we haven't added any extra util pipes into the game. Some ruins contain EU items in chests or on drying racks but no pipes, mostly blocks and a node upgrade. These items were already in the earlier versions so its unlikely they would have caused the problem.

I'm wondering whether you are trying to play a saved game from an earlier version and if so whether its 'clashing' with the upgraded version of the HQM mod.

Everything we've added in the 1.1.1 upgrade has been tested and has caused no conflicts to date when playing the new saved games made specifically for 1.1.1.

If you are trying to play a save game from an earlier version, it may not run under 1.1.1 which means you'll probably only be able to play earlier version saves on earlier versions of Marooned.

Cheers.....

Actually I was trying to play the bundled maps, when I tried to play one of the old maps I got an entirely different crash report, I'll try deleting and redownloading the mod pack to see if that fixes the error.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
So the new version needs a restart, not a problem.
I would have tried to play with my existing save too, so you might want to make a note on page1

That's a good idea. I'll do that. The thing I can only know for sure is when an old save stops working on my version which is the original. Unless I can try it on other peoples computers, I can only assume it might happen to them too. Its one of the problems when making a game like this. You only find out about other peoples problems after you've launched the game. The same goes for possible lags someone might get. We all have computers with different abilities and setups and who knows how someone elses computer is going to handle all the changes you make. My unit is quite new and easily runs anything I throw at it so its always an unknown whether something we add will cause problems for other peoples computers.

When we're adding new stuff to the mod I make new worlds anyway as I'm continually testing anything new I add and tend not to worry about any progress I lose by making new worlds.

If I had a fairly advanced world I wanted to try, I'd probably try playing it before casually abandoning it, but to be honest, it wouldn't be a fair representation of the new update anyway. I've actually tried making the additions in such a way that they won't screw up an existing world if those quests had already been completed. Of course its impossible to get it 100% as that would entail leaving everything exactly as it was which is just too hard when we're making major changes or additions.

On the positive side, this latest update is a culmination of many of the great suggestions that have come from these pages and given a choice, I'd much rather start my quest again as there are so many new things to do now and different ways you can progress towards the end that trying to amalgamate an older save into the new 1.1.1 would probably lose you more than it gains.

Cheers...

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.1 Hard World
I cannot complete the Growing Wild. I've made 2 firework rockets (1 gunpower, 1 paper & 1 gunpower, 1 firework star, 1 paper) and launched them, but it doesn't seem to count in the book.

Not sure why you're having this problem. I tested this particular quest a number of times. The recipe for the firecracker is just 1 paper and 1 gunpowder. I'd suggest you make your rocket. Keep it in your inventory, open your quest book and check to see if the quest has been triggered. Setting it off is not a requirement to complete the quest, just a suggestion.

Cheers........