[1.7.10] Marooned

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Mob grinder. I greatly prefer an enchanted diamond spike to any other grinder in the pack. Max sharpness+looting=more drops than MFR grinder and you get Exp instead of Essence(easy to convert exp to essence as needed, a bit more cumbersome to convert the other way.)

Doesn't matter at this point, was getting a crash after load and force updated the pack which conveniently overwrote my world with the default.

OK. Didn't know that. I can easily fix it in the update....

E

Elder Sign

Mob grinder. I greatly prefer an enchanted diamond spike to any other grinder in the pack. Max sharpness+looting=more drops than MFR grinder and you get Exp instead of Essence(easy to convert exp to essence as needed, a bit more cumbersome to convert the other way.)

Doesn't matter at this point, was getting a crash after load and force updated the pack which conveniently overwrote my world with the default.

Did you happen to save a crash log? I wonder if it is the same one that I've been getting, I finally solved it by removing the ender storage mod, loading my world without it so it deleted all of the ender tanks I was using and then putting the mod back in, from what I could see ender storage randomly developed a problem with forge's fluid registry and it was causing the tanks to have a ticking issue.

P

Plaeggs

18 means its done all its work. Go ahead and craft it into jelly. You do know what they say about ppl who assume don't you?

I put it into the crafting grid but it has no output. Do I need to craft it with something? Oh my. I do, don't I. I never even looked it up. Well, I'm not sure about you, but I sure feel like the aforementioned. Do I? I don't know. On the PHC page for the FTBWiki it says you don't need anything.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I put it into the crafting grid but it has no output. Do I need to craft it with something? Oh my. I do, don't I. I never even looked it up. Well, I'm not sure about you, but I sure feel like the aforementioned. Do I? I don't know. On the PHC page for the FTBWiki it says you don't need anything.

...and that's why I mentioned in the 'Disclaimer' book that many recipes have been changed... but don't worry, it seems many others don't bother reading all the helpful stuff I spent decades writing. For future reference, ignore what the wiki says about recipes for this game, Play it safe and look up anything that you can't readily make off the bat, and then remember to tell everyone you meet that the new recipes are soooo much better than the original ones.......lol

Reactions: Elder Sign
E

Elder Sign

I'm wondering if the 50 foods eaten setting in Spice of Life might be set a bit high, it wasn't until roughly my 12th episode that I finally hit that cap, I even killed a wither before I had to start keeping track of what I was eating but that may just be me -shrugs-

E

Elder Sign

Also I rethought my suggestion about including robust twilight oak saplings in reward bags

When they grow they tend to tunnel through any blocks directly under them, including bedrock, leaving a massive hole when the wood is cleared out. Two planted one after another can even punch a hole through the bedrock in the Harder world, oops?

Reactions: Spaman

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering if the 50 foods eaten setting in Spice of Life might be set a bit high, it wasn't until roughly my 12th episode that I finally hit that cap, I even killed a wither before I had to start keeping track of what I was eating but that may just be me -shrugs-
Hi Elder. I've just returned from touring south of South Island Nz so have been away from internet till now, hence the delay in responding. I have to agree, I've never had any problem with the hunger. By the time I reach 50 I've got chests full of various foods that I've earn't via reward bags. I did manage to find your site just before leaving and am up to about the 8th episode I think. Very entertaining stuff. Cracked up when you finally discovered one of my 'updated' wells and discovered it wasn't quite as east to get through as the earlier version.

I've been thinking of going in a slightly different direction in the update that will take into account some of the problems players have been experiencing while also making it tougher to ignore those garden bushes at the beginning of the quest.

I'll also be incorporating some to the 'suggestions' you mentioned in your commentary, like using fresh water to make paper and replacing the wooden armor quest with something more useful.

I do have to take task with your throwaway comment about the wooden shortbow you get in the first quest though. We chose it for the following reasons. Its really easy to fix, takes 3 arrows to kill most mobs and it has one of the fastest pull backs of any of the bows to help players kill mobs faster. Oh and it has a nice aiming reticule too.

Anyway, gotta go, heaps to do tonight...

Cheers.........

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
So I've recently downloaded the pack and I've survived to about day 10 on hard map, so far I've basically liked the changes to tool progression and food scarcity, I was kinda surprised that water became infinite when I placed 2 buckets of water 1 space apart, thou I know this isn't crash landed but it is kinda strange that you go from having no clean water to having infinite clean water when we are trying to use all our other resources conservatively.

I like how basic tools require more of a wide variety of basic items, for example , crafting a black pattern, now basicly requires, wood, goo,water,sand, sugar, bone, (all basic items in this pack) where as it used to cost just wood, then your making tools. Now farming land is a achievement, a basic achievement because no rare item is required but I have to have a basic array of the basic items to get going, rather than where I calc that I need 10 - 20 logs, punch wood, craft tool -> end early game struggle.

I have only one bug to report and its that ALOT of lag is caused when ever I try to search through recipes via NEI, it happens nearly everytime I search through the recipes and has crashed the game a number of times, also is there a specific place to submit crash reports?

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
So I've recently downloaded the pack and I've survived to about day 10 on hard map, so far I've basically liked the changes to tool progression and food scarcity, I was kinda surprised that water became infinite when I placed 2 buckets of water 1 space apart, thou I know this isn't crash landed but it is kinda strange that you go from having no clean water to having infinite clean water when we are trying to use all our other resources conservatively.

I like how basic tools require more of a wide variety of basic items, for example , crafting a black pattern, now basicly requires, wood, goo,water,sand, sugar, bone, (all basic items in this pack) where as it used to cost just wood, then your making tools. Now farming land is a achievement, a basic achievement because no rare item is required but I have to have a basic array of the basic items to get going, rather than where I calc that I need 10 - 20 logs, punch wood, craft tool -> end early game struggle.

I have only one bug to report and its that ALOT of lag is caused when ever I try to search through recipes via NEI, it happens nearly everytime I search through the recipes and has crashed the game a number of times, also is there a specific place to submit crash reports?

Glad to hear you like some of the changes we've made to the pack. Sorry to hear you're getting lag on NEI. I think you may be the first to report this. I've been trying to find a way to reduce the way it shows recipes, especially the useless stuff it tends to show when there is no recipe. The next update will have InPure installed which will reduce some of the duplicated recipes for certain items which might help. Personally I'd prefer to replace it with a simple recipe book for players to look up recipes, but SirJAH says no one will play a game without NEI.

Infinite water is also something I'd like to see gone but SirJAH seems to think players prefer to have it. I'm going to run a test world without it to see how much affect it actually has, especially as there are ways players can get plentiful supplies via rainfall so you never know, you might find it gone in the update.

There are changes on the way, hopefully for the better. In the meantime, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy playing the current version.

Cheers...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
When you say 'on the way', are you talking 'next couple of days', or 'after a few weeks'? I've literally just fixed my recording issues as of last night, and I'm plotting how to spend my weekend. If a major change is imminent, derping around with a vanilla map makes more sense than marathoning with a modpack.

(I thought I had recorded/streamed a few hours worth of footage for this earlier in the week. Due to a PEBCAK error, I have nothing to show for it. ^_^; )

E

Elder Sign

Glad to hear you like some of the changes we've made to the pack. Sorry to hear you're getting lag on NEI. I think you may be the first to report this. I've been trying to find a way to reduce the way it shows recipes, especially the useless stuff it tends to show when there is no recipe. The next update will have InPure installed which will reduce some of the duplicated recipes for certain items which might help. Personally I'd prefer to replace it with a simple recipe book for players to look up recipes, but SirJAH says no one will play a game without NEI.

Infinite water is also something I'd like to see gone but SirJAH seems to think players prefer to have it. I'm going to run a test world without it to see how much affect it actually has, especially as there are ways players can get plentiful supplies via rainfall so you never know, you might find it gone in the update.

There are changes on the way, hopefully for the better. In the meantime, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy playing the current version.

Cheers...

I think that if you disable infinite water you might want to do the same with liquid transfer nodes and the aqueous accumulator or change the recipes to make them harder to craft, as it stands they can both be made fairly quickly, almost immediately, after getting a cobble gen going.

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
here the crash report related to NEI searches

Attachments

• crash-2016-02-24_22.03.43-client.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
E

Elder Sign

here the crash report related to NEI searches

Yeah, I've had the same one, it only happens for me when i try and check the uses of an item though. I just stopped doing that and it hasn't been an issue since, but it does kind of hamper making new items unless you know exactly what you want to build.

E

Elder Sign

When you say 'on the way', are you talking 'next couple of days', or 'after a few weeks'? I've literally just fixed my recording issues as of last night, and I'm plotting how to spend my weekend. If a major change is imminent, derping around with a vanilla map makes more sense than marathoning with a modpack.

(I thought I had recorded/streamed a few hours worth of footage for this earlier in the week. Due to a PEBCAK error, I have nothing to show for it. ^_^; )

What's your channel name?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What's your channel name?

I'm OniyaMCD on Twitch (Nothing up there yet) and Miaren Crowsdaughter on YouTube. It's been languishing a bit since I ragequit SkyDen (Air shard, 'nuff said), then Win10 broke my Fraps (just after I'd announced my resurrection :mad:), but a buddy of mine helped me set up OBS last night. If my upstream can handle it, I intend to do some streaming, but if not, I'll just record and upload.

E

Elder Sign

I'm OniyaMCD on Twitch (Nothing up there yet) and Miaren Crowsdaughter on YouTube. It's been languishing a bit since I ragequit SkyDen (Air shard, 'nuff said), then Win10 broke my Fraps (just after I'd announced my resurrection :mad:), but a buddy of mine helped me set up OBS last night. If my upstream can handle it, I intend to do some streaming, but if not, I'll just record and upload.

Thank you, and you got a new subscriber, can't wait to see you take on this mod pack c:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019

Its probably going to be weeks rather than days as I spent yesterday re-arranging a heap of stuff only to have the whole thing crash and not let me back in. I loaded up a previous HQM and started again, this time making a text file of all the changes I'm making so that if it does it again, I won't have as much work to do. It seems HQM has some limitations with regards quests and will sometimes chuck a wobbly when I change a quest from craft/detect to consume. Once I've made the changes I'll need to test it extensively before releasing it to minimise any possible problems.

I just came online again to check out how to smelt slime for a new challenge as I've decided the invar and steel armor aren't really worth making but a new bow might be. I've chosen blue slime because its plentiful, has a lot of durability and is one of the fastest to use. Might not be what everyone would choose but I think its better than the armor. You can thank Elder Sign for the change as he was the one that complained in his video about having to make useless wooden armor, and alerted me to the Travellers armor which although its in the modpack, I hadn't noticed before. Part of it will replace the wood armor challenge. He's also responsible for many other changes as I've learn't a lot from watching his videos and am now incorporating some different machines from some existing ones.

As I progress, I'll post updates, possibly on the main page and try to give an ETA on when the release is likely to be.

EDIT: Finished doing the preliminary changes. Three less quests now. Will start the first test tomorrow. Hopefully will have an idea in a day or two if its working as intended.

Last edited: