[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
[Hey guys, does anyone know why the Inscriber is disabled in the AE2 configs in 2.0.2? Without it, AE is kind of pointless...]

Never mind, got it. The chipsets are made with GT machines.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
[Hey guys, does anyone know why the Inscriber is disabled in the AE2 configs in 2.0.2? Without it, AE is kind of pointless...]

Never mind, got it. The chipsets are made with GT machines.

NEI is your friend in this pack ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pff... I am currently in progress of "stoping" the massive InfiTech 2 development (not full development, but doing some massive changes or tweaks will no longer be happening), and will be focusing on the second modpack. So thanks, but i dont want another modpack ideas :D
Pfft, peons come up with "ideas." Mine's more of a "godlike creation thought."

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Have I been collecting AE2 inscriber plate thingies for no reason ? :p

No, you need those. If you don't collect those, you'll need EV (2048v) machines to make them. The AE2 inscriber plate thingies are used in the GT machines.

The AE2 recipes that now use GT machines rather than the AE2 Inscriber are pretty much the same, with only minor differences. GT liquid/molten redstone (from Fluid Extractor) is used rather than vanilla redstone, for instance. You still need the AE2 plates, though, for the same kind of AE2 chips for the same reason.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, you need those. If you don't collect those, you'll need EV (2048v) machines to make them. The AE2 inscriber plate thingies are used in the GT machines.

The AE2 recipes that now use GT machines rather than the AE2 Inscriber are pretty much the same, with only minor differences. GT liquid/molten redstone (from Fluid Extractor) is used rather than vanilla redstone, for instance. You still need the AE2 plates, though, for the same kind of AE2 chips for the same reason.
Oh ok. Yeah, that rings a bell (I believe I did that in your base some time ago, but my memory is terrible.)

Good, so my evil plan to hoard all the AE2 plates is still a full go. Want some inscriber plates people? Well, I want a nickel ore vein. Let's talk!

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of AE2, it looks like you could do AE2 in this pack in the LV (32v) era, assuming you have the following:

1. Reliable power source
2. Sufficient quantities of quartz, redstone, diamonds, and gold
3. eIO Alloy Smelter (for the silicon)
4. Have found the necessary AE2 plates (3 or 4 types, depending upon what you want to do)

I highly recommend using the quart dust + sand shapeless crafted and then thrown-in-water-and-wait early game to stretch your AE2 quartz. You will probably also need a GT Electrolyzer to charge enough quartz for the charged quartz recipes.

Reactions: Pyure

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of AE2, it looks like you could do AE2 in this pack in the LV (32v) era, assuming you have the following:

1. Reliable power source
4. Have found the necessary AE2 plates (3 or 4 types, depending upon what you want to do)

I highly recommend using the quart dust + sand shapeless crafted and then thrown-in-water-and-wait early game to stretch your AE2 quartz. You will probably also need a GT Electrolyzer to charge enough quartz for the charged quartz recipes.

On the Dev server I power a small AE network (1 cable, 1 controller, 1 interface and 1 drive thing with a few ME drives) and powered it using a LV diesel generator with fuel into an MFE directly feeding the controller.

I know some of that is MV stuff but it can be done using lv stuff if you have the resources and patience! The GT LV autoclave (I think that's the right machine) for growing crystals takes crap loads of power.

Sent from my iPhone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

1. Reliable power source

Cool, good points. I certainly never even considered trying to do AE at the LV stage. I think my biggest hang up is I'd want ways to power it on/off automatically when in use, and I typically use BC gates for that (which require MV tech I think)

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, good points. I certainly never even considered trying to do AE at the LV stage. I think my biggest hang up is I'd want ways to power it on/off automatically when in use, and I typically use BC gates for that (which require MV tech I think)

I've done it in the LV stage but I used an always on system, I can see the advantage of a way to power it on when you just want to use it and the just use a complex EnderIO system to partly automate things. Can't wait until I get into high tech levels to experiment with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Has anyone ever tried using Refined Relocation block extenders to give you more sides on an AE2 molecular chamber thingy?

That would be cheesy if it works :p

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Small update. I finally found tin ore vein, around 1000 blocks from my base. It took me a while, but I found and marked some other ores as a bonus in the process.

I created almost full set of bronze steam machines (still lacking extractor and blast furnace), but what bothers me is lack of any information about their internal steam storage/buffer. Is there any way to check it without debug/portable scanner ?

Also, I guess at this point I should try to make some kind of external steam storage/buffer. Are railcraft tanks only viable option ? Or should I get through bronze steam stuff as fast as possible and focus on making electrical machines (if it's possible/worth it to skip high-pressure) ?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Small update. I finally found tin ore vein, around 1000 blocks from my base. It took me a while, but I found and marked some other ores as a bonus in the process.

I created almost full set of bronze steam machines (still lacking extractor and blast furnace), but what bothers me is lack of any information about their internal steam storage/buffer. Is there any way to check it without debug/portable scanner ?

Also, I guess at this point I should try to make some kind of external steam storage/buffer. Are railcraft tanks only viable option ? Or should I get through bronze steam stuff as fast as possible and focus on making electrical machines (if it's possible/worth it to skip high-pressure) ?
Fun stuff Azkeel :) Definitely mark every ore vein you find, with the possible exception of too many far-away magnetite veins. The world is filthy with magnetite.

Regarding the internal steam buffer, what I do is place the hatches at the "corner" of the boiler so that you can access and see the contents easily. When the hatch is "centered" on the boiler its sometimes harder to reach (or impossible if the boiler is flush against a big object). Speaking of which, if you go the buffer route, you'll avoid headaches by placing the boiler flush against it to avoid piping bottlenecks.

I do definitely recommend an external steam buffer. I usually go Railcraft for sure, and when I have the resources I frequently make a maximum-sized steel tank, although a tiny iron tank suffices in the early game. When you're a bit richer, you can consider the insanely ridiculous bedrockium drums instead.

I don't know anybody who wastes steel on high-pressure steam machines. If you're collecting steel you might as well jump straight to electric but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Fun stuff Azkeel :) Definitely mark every ore vein you find, with the possible exception of too many far-away magnetite veins. The world is filthy with magnetite.

Regarding the internal steam buffer, what I do is place the hatches at the "corner" of the boiler so that you can access and see the contents easily. When the hatch is "centered" on the boiler its sometimes harder to reach (or impossible if the boiler is flush against a big object). Speaking of which, if you go the buffer route, you'll avoid headaches by placing the boiler flush against it to avoid piping bottlenecks.

I do definitely recommend an external steam buffer. I usually go Railcraft for sure, and when I have the resources I frequently make a maximum-sized steel tank, although a tiny iron tank suffices in the early game. When you're a bit richer, you can consider the insanely ridiculous bedrockium drums instead.

I don't know anybody who wastes steel on high-pressure steam machines. If you're collecting steel you might as well jump straight to electric but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, I'll skip most of the high-pressure stuff then and save some of that steel for tanks :)

As for internal buffer, I meant macerators, furnaces etc. It's pretty annoying when machine runs out of steam and resets current operation several times till it's buffer fills up again. I created additional solar boiler to support coal one for time being, so it doesn't happen that often, but still, it would be great to see how much steam has specific machine stored.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As for internal buffer, I meant macerators, furnaces etc. It's pretty annoying when machine runs out of steam and resets current operation several times till it's buffer fills up again. I created additional solar boiler to support coal one for time being, so it doesn't happen that often, but still, it would be great to see how much steam has specific machine stored.
Oh, woops! My bad. I see what you mean and completely agree. As far as determining the steam amount, yeah, we're stuck. But in the event that your machine starts to choke, just soft-hammer it so that you can halt operations temporarily without losing whatever it was that was processing.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Say, what is a good way to get more power? I currently have 24 coke ovens feeding a 8x RC boiler....It's not making enough steam for my liking. I also burn the creosote in a 8xRC boiler as well, both are HP. I'm looking to make better use of my tree farm possibly? I thought I could get methane and plantballs like I used to but I don't think that's even possible with the new GT versions. I don't even think plantballs were net positive energy anyway when I attempted it a year ago. lol

Anyway, I am looking for enough renewable power to run my base and get consistent 128eu/t, so I guess I'm looking for something that'll get me consistent 512eu/t that I can work towards.

I'm stumped. I do have Titanium now, the stuff you get from electrolyzing bauxite.

Thanks, in advance!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So many ways to generate power in this pack :)

• The simplest thing is usually the Railcraft Steam turbines, which produce 200 eu/t each. They do require a lot of steel, and the rotor (which also requires a lot of steel) will need periodic replacement.
  • You can definitely net some energy via IC2's biogas mechanic (you mentioned plantballs) if you feel like automating farming.
  • You can gather Oil and refine it into fuel. A good geyser can easily fill 20 drums. This represents an awful lot of power even in a Diesel Generator.
  • If you have a mob spawner, you can convert all that zombie flesh into methane for a Gas turbine
  • If you find plutonium you can make a MOX Reactor. A decent mox reactor can easily produce 800 eu/t while simultaneously "breeding" more plutonium.
  • If you're good with Forestry tree breeding, you can create ethanol, which also burns either in Diesel Generators or as a Liquid Boiler fuel (talk to @MigukNamja if you pursue this route)

If the public server manages to upgrade to version 2.02, I'm hoping to use Big Reactors power and convert that RF into EU via PneumaticCraft. Just cuz I've never done it before.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Neat. Ok. There's some good ideas there, thank you! I like the fuel aspect, however it's non renewable. Actually, it IS renewable if I can get bees going... MUAHAHA...ahem. I must get to work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Neat. Ok. There's some good ideas there, thank you! I like the fuel aspect, however it's non renewable. Actually, it IS renewable if I can get bees going... MUAHAHA...ahem. I must get to work.
Going with the "lots of ways" theme: if you get bored of bees or want to try something different, you can also get oil from ic2 crops.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

Well before I setup Ethanol and well after I was using coke ovens as my main energy method, I went with oil-->fuel in RC boilers. If you spot a decent-sized geyser, that should contain enough raw energy to last you a *long* time.