[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I see that ethanol is still a popular power source. Last time we looked at it I thought it wasn't worth the energy input as it was the same or not a massive gain on the energy output? Have things changed?

Sent from my iPhone

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever it is, I will be trying it out in the desert first :)

I will first try EV (2048 EU/t), since I need to build one of those battery buffers anyway.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A Stargate :D

Sent from my iPhone
Sorry grove, I was unclear: I specifically meant what machine do you need to get power out of it? Do you need the best type of battery buffer?

You can't just plonk an HV battery into an MV buffer for instance. So unless you have an HV+4 buffer, I think that ZPM is a door stopper atm. I'm wondering what's required to build an HV+4 buffer.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
A Stargate :D

Sent from my iPhone

LOL. Well, there is more than a small amount of Stargate borrowing in GT. Methinks Greg is a big SG fan.

I wonder if he pronounces it "Zed P M" like the Canadian guy or if he uses the American "Zee P M".

I see that ethanol is still a popular power source. Last time we looked at it I thought it wasn't worth the energy input as it was the same or not a massive gain on the energy output? Have things changed?

There were some tweaks I submitted to Github that Jason pulled in. It's net energy positive if you use RC boilers and RC Steam Turbines and use the Basic (32v) GT Fluid Extractors and GT Basic Distilleries. It's very much net energy positive if take the effort to make decent saplings. Heck, just using stock Mahoe without any further genetic manipulation would provide a huge boost. Then, if you take it all the way and pickup 'Largest size' (Sequioa) plus 'Fastest Maturity' (hmmm...Balsa, I think ?) and 'High/Highest Yield' (I forget which species this is) and also use fruit juice or honey, Ethanol is quite powerful.

It still can't match straight charcoal or oil bees for simplicity, but it'll make decent power nonetheless.

Reactions: Pyure and Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. Well, there is more than a small amount of Stargate borrowing in GT. Methinks Greg is a big SG fan.

I wonder if he pronounces it "Zed P M" like the Canadian guy or if he uses the American "Zee P M".

There were some tweaks I submitted to Github that Jason pulled in. It's net energy positive if you use RC boilers and RC Steam Turbines and use the Basic (32v) GT Fluid Extractors and GT Basic Distilleries. It's very much net energy positive if take the effort to make decent saplings. Heck, just using stock Mahoe without any further genetic manipulation would provide a huge boost. Then, if you take it all the way and pickup 'Largest size' (Sequioa) plus 'Fastest Maturity' (hmmm...Balsa, I think ?) and 'High/Highest Yield' (I forget which species this is) and also use fruit juice or honey, Ethanol is quite powerful.

It still can't match straight charcoal or oil bees for simplicity, but it'll make decent power nonetheless.

Fantastic information there thank you very much. I'll look into this as I've never looked at tree breeding before and it'd be very interesting to get this set up!!

Sent from my iPhone

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I've been looking forward to playing this but I have terrible FPS issues - about 20 both with and w/o OptiFIne. Even though my PC is bit older I pretty sure it should be able to run fine (I've played pack with 100+ mods before).

The lagging starts right after generating new world (I've waited for the chunks to generate and all the lava/water updates to complete) so it's not like I'm running huge ME system or something :D

Any idea if there is maybe some mod which is known to cause FPS issues?

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
do you have Java8 installed?
It boosted my fps from 40-60 to 120+

instead of optifine you can try "Fastcraft"

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I've been looking forward to playing this but I have terrible FPS issues - about 20 both with and w/o OptiFIne. Even though my PC is bit older I pretty sure it should be able to run fine (I've played pack with 100+ mods before).

The lagging starts right after generating new world (I've waited for the chunks to generate and all the lava/water updates to complete) so it's not like I'm running huge ME system or something :D

The slowness is mostly MC 1.7 for you, sadly. It affects both server and client.

My server spends the vast majority of its CPU cycles updating stupid vanilla creatures/mobs like sheeps, cows, chickens, and zombies.

do you have Java8 installed?
It boosted my fps from 40-60 to 120+

instead of optifine you can try "Fastcraft"

What @nonamefhh said.

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Like the others said, install a mod called fastcraft, that should help. I'm running on Java 7 myself and don't have any issues but I've got quite a good pc

Sent from my iPhone

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I made a rookie mistake last night.

Where My base is currently, it's surrounded by cliffs (I thought a base there would look awesome, and granted it did!) but turns out it's not very practical.
No space for farms outdoors, trees, etc so starting off wood and even dirt was in short supply.

Now I'm more developed I've extended out of the cliff over the water and got a tree farm n farm going.

I'm looking to get started in bees and tree breeding but there's no room. For the space I need I can't just expand out over the water it'll look too ugly.

I've now moved base... I'm based still on a cliff but loads of flat grass around too... This is where I realise I'm
An idiot.
Moved all my items over, liquids, everything. Set up a new base to the point where it's almost operational, whack down some saplings, plonk down a bee house, put some bees in and let them do their thing. But the spruce sapling won't grow.. Full stack of bone meal gone... why?!
Next problem (yes I'm
An idiot) bees say the environment is too 'hostile'. Fantastic, I've set myself up in an extreme jungle biome without realising.

Now I have to move ALL over again....

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I made a rookie mistake last night.

Where My base is currently, it's surrounded by cliffs (I thought a base there would look awesome, and granted it did!) but turns out it's not very practical.
No space for farms outdoors, trees, etc so starting off wood and even dirt was in short supply.

Now I'm more developed I've extended out of the cliff over the water and got a tree farm n farm going.

I'm looking to get started in bees and tree breeding but there's no room. For the space I need I can't just expand out over the water it'll look too ugly.

I've now moved base... I'm based still on a cliff but loads of flat grass around too... This is where I realise I'm
An idiot.
Moved all my items over, liquids, everything. Set up a new base to the point where it's almost operational, whack down some saplings, plonk down a bee house, put some bees in and let them do their thing. But the spruce sapling won't grow.. Full stack of bone meal gone... why?!
Next problem (yes I'm
An idiot) bees say the environment is too 'hostile'. Fantastic, I've set myself up in an extreme jungle biome without realising.

Now I have to move ALL over again....

Sent from my iPhone
You can make Gendustry upgrades for industrial apiaries to emulate pretty much anything (environment, rain shield, sunlight etc...) So you can even do bees underground.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
You can make Gendustry upgrades for industrial apiaries to emulate pretty much anything (environment, rain shield, sunlight etc...) So you can even do bees underground.

Hmmmm interesting!!! I'd rather not move again I like where I am currently :)

I know bees and trees have huge potential I can't wait to get into them. I've tried bees before but never seemed to get the elusive royal jelly!

Sent from my iPhone

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I know bees and trees have huge potential I can't wait to get into them. I've tried bees before but never seemed to get the elusive royal jelly!

I don't make a serious run at Imperial/Industrial until I can make either Metabolic Frames (MagicBees) or Soul Frames (ExtraBees). The Metabolic Frames are slightly better and don't require much of a Thaumcraft setup to make. You can use soybeans for the Permutatio rather than copper. Without Metabolic or Soul Frames, getting beyond Cultivated is tedious and frustrating.

I also make at least twenty(20) Apiaries and automate them, using either BC diamond pipes or eIO item conduits. The Apiaries help to re-purify species and to make quantities of combs for honey and eventually pollen and royal jelly.

To make those Apiaries in this pack requires a *lot* of seed oil, so I also get an automated (golem) wheat/seed farm going. One can also breed Beech Nut or other nut trees and do a manual tree farm, waiting about 6+ real-life hours before cutting down to allow the beech nuts to grow/mature.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I don't make a serious run at Imperial/Industrial until I can make either Metabolic Frames (MagicBees) or Soul Frames (ExtraBees). The Metabolic Frames are slightly better and don't require much of a Thaumcraft setup to make. You can use soybeans for the Permutatio rather than copper. Without Metabolic or Soul Frames, getting beyond Cultivated is tedious and frustrating.

I also make at least twenty(20) Apiaries and automate them, using either BC diamond pipes or eIO item conduits. The Apiaries help to re-purify species and to make quantities of combs for honey and eventually pollen and royal jelly.

To make those Apiaries in this pack requires a *lot* of seed oil, so I also get an automated (golem) wheat/seed farm going. One can also breed Beech Nut or other nut trees and do a manual tree farm, waiting about 6+ real-life hours before cutting down to allow the beech nuts to grow/mature.

Ahhh again thaumcraft pops up, I can't seem to get into it at all. I've not even started it yet this time around although I have found quite a few knowledge notes things so we'll see what they do.

It seems like I need to get some golems up and running to get anywhere good. Farming for example would be so much easier with golems, tree farms, seed farms... Especially if I need a lot of seed oil. 20 apiaries is going to need a lot of seed oil.

I can't get on modpack over the next few days either, so much to do and no time... Gutted.

Sent from my iPhone

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like I need to get some golems up and running to get anywhere good. Farming for example would be so much easier with golems, tree farms, seed farms... Especially if I need a lot of seed oil. 20 apiaries is going to need a lot of seed oil.

Alternatively, you can wait until you have the requirements for Gendustry. I'm not a big fan of Gendustry since it bypasses/eclipses much of Forestry, ExtraBees, and MagicBees, but it does indeed bypass/eclipse those, offering tech-minded people who want to do bees an alternative way to do bees.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, nevermind. You will need at least Imperials pre-Gendustry before you can start using Gendustry to breed new species:

Code:
var royalJelly = <Forestry:royalJelly>;

recipes.addShaped(dropHoneyRed, [
    [royalJelly, royalJelly, royalJelly],
    [royalJelly, uranium238, royalJelly],
    [royalJelly, royalJelly, royalJelly]]);
recipes.addShaped(mutagen, [
    [dropHoneyRed, dropHoneyRed, dropHoneyRed],
    [dropHoneyRed, capsuleWaxBiomass, dropHoneyRed],
    [dropHoneyRed, dropHoneyRed, dropHoneyRed]]);

...and getting Imperials without frames or massive numbers of Apiaries and gathered Princesses is difficult/tedious/long.