[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
A mod called Minechem. It's sort of overpowered, making ores give 3 pieces of raw material, but Gregtech sort of balances out the prices of the machines in the mod.
Minechem 5 (the latest version 5.0.5 RC4) works without any alterations or problems in v2.0.1 of the pack (I have it by myself in my dev instance). It doesn't need any newer version of the forge than 10.13.2.1232 (and thats what is cuzrrently used by the pack).

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.0.1 - Just a mod updates

Updated Mods:
- Baubles to 1.0.1.9
- MrTJPCore to 1.0.3.5
- AsieLib to 0.3.4
- Automagy to 0.14
- BiblioCraft to 1.9.1
- BigReactors to 0.4.0A
- Biomes o'Plenty to 2.1.0.1019
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.2
- Computronics to 1.3.2
- EnderIO to 2.2.1.281
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.233
- IC2 Nuclear Control to 2.0.8c
- JourneyMap to 5.0.0
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.1
- PFAA to 0.2.20
- PneumaticCraft to 1.4.1-38
- ProjectRed to 4.5.7.58
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-6
- Yampst-InfiTech to 2.0.1
- GregTech to 5.06.04
- IHL to 0.520
- IC2 to 2.2.654
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.2.82
- Malisis Core to 0.10.2
- Malisis Doors to 1.3.1
- Thaumic Energistics to 0.8.4b
- ttCore to 0.0.3-37
- OpenComputers to 1.4.0.11

Config changes:
- Removed BoP block compression recipes
- Removed Copper/Tin/Aluminum blocks from Galacticraft
- Desh and Meteoric Iron blocks changed to require compressor
- Disabled ability for Fluid Solidifier to make Compressed Desh and Compressed Meteoric Iron
- Charcoal recipe is no longer disabled via MineTweaker. Using GregTech config directly
- Some bugs fixed

dizney23

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play this modpack so bad but this is the error I get after installing it and trying to run it for the first time. Please help!!

[16:33:08] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[16:33:08] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play this modpack so bad but this is the error I get after installing it and trying to run it for the first time. Please help!!

[16:33:08] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

1) Report it on the Issue tracker: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7
2) I will need full crash log

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

@dizney23 Sounds like a derp for java, what version are you using?

Agreed seems like a Java derp.

How much memory have you got assigned to ftb? And what version of Java are you running?
Also try completely deleting the pack (backing up anything you want to keep) and re-download the pack incase something derped on download

Sent from my iPhone

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019

@dizney23 Sounds like a derp for java, what version are you using?
At the end of each entry, there's [?:1.7.0_51]. Java 7 Update 51?

EDIT: Definitely. I tried to launch this pack on my laptop after downgrading to Java 7 Update 51, and I got the exact log. Maybe try updating.
EDIT EDIT: I updated to Java 7 Update 72 again, and it didn't work again, giving the same crash report but with 1.7.0_72.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Java 8 fixes it.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
At the end of each entry, there's [?:1.7.0_51]. Java 7 Update 51?

EDIT: Definitely. I tried to launch this pack on my laptop after downgrading to Java 7 Update 51, and I got the exact log. Maybe try updating.
EDIT EDIT: I updated to Java 7 Update 72 again, and it didn't work again, giving the same crash report but with 1.7.0_72.
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Java 8 fixes it.

Im using 1.7.67, not a problem with it ... my question is, is he trying to run this on 32bit java? (or perhaps, he has a different operating system?)

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to the pack and I have some questions:
  1. How will the GT-Energy to GC-Energy transformation work?
  2. Is there a way to use GT oxygen for GC?
  3. Are you supposed to have two energy systems (GT and RF)?
  4. Will you update BC to 6.2.1 and GC to .235?
I hope EnetBrige is doing a good job!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1. Dunno
2. Doubt it
3. You certainly can; most people will because half the machines in the pack require RF
4. Probably when they're confirmed stable

EnetBridge works ok for some things: you can power your RF machines with IC2 EU if you want to (not GT eu unfortunately). Sadly that conversion only seems to work one way: you cannot convert RF to eu through enetbridge (although there are other roundabout ways to do that conversion if you don't mind some considerable lossiness)

Reactions: Erik3003

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
So, Railcraft boilers or GT boilers?

Right now I have 8 coke ovens fed by a golem tree farm and they can't quite keep my solid fuelled Railcraft boiler in continuous operation which is not quite big enough to keep my MV steam turbine continuously running anyway.

I find myself at a junction:

A. build more coke ovens (like 8 more for a total of 16), build my Railcraft boiler a little bigger, and expand my tree farm

B. build a GT boiler and all the fiddly bits to keep it from blowing up on me (I think I have a design worked out in creative mode that will work)

Plan A is sure to work, but makes me think I am doing something wrong.

Plan B is the unknown. I am afraid if I build the GT boiler I'll find it so fuel hungry that my tree farm-coke oven operation will still be inadequate. So then I'll still have to greatly expand my tree farm and coke oven operations for perhaps no better a situation than if I had just gone with Plan A.

I have a sneaky feeling B is the thing to do though, but I would be interested in the thoughts of more experienced players. The last time I ran a Railcraft boiler was back in FTB Lite (the original) and I never really got it working in a way I liked. Wait, no, I had a Forestry tree farm->furnaces->charcoal->RC boiler->RC steam turbine deal when I played Mindcrack, and even that wasn't continuous operation. I have never played much with GT except a little with my oldest son when we played Mindcrack and everything seems different now anyway.

It seems that the Railcraft boiler only makes sense if you can run it continuously, since the heat up costs are so high. The GT boiler seems more amenable to bursty operation. But I would like to get to the point where I can throw a stack of aluminium into my EBF and call it done. This 1-2 piece at a time business is for the birds.

Any advice?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
@gallowglass the GT boiler has the added advantage that it can burn the creosote if you install a liquid input, for railcraft you have to change fireboxes.
the bronze boiler can be recycled from your BBF, all those bronze plated brick blocks can go into the casing - even the little bronze one has a decent enough output (i had it running a GT MV turbine without issue)
The way i understand RC boilers, unless youre playing with a good ethanol setup, or a lot of diesel.
Dont bother with them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nothing beats an RC boiler for efficient fuel usuage over long periods of time. Once it heats up, even a pathetic 1LP boiler beats anything GT has to offer as far as I can tell.

That said, for power-on-demand, the GT Boiler suddenly shines a bit. It heats up stupidly fast and creates a correspondingly stupid amount of steam very quickly. But its fuel consumption rate is pretty alarming.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing beats an RC boiler for efficient fuel usuage over long periods of time. Once it heats up, even a pathetic 1LP boiler beats anything GT has to offer as far as I can tell.

That said, for power-on-demand, the GT Boiler suddenly shines a bit. It heats up stupidly fast and creates a correspondingly stupid amount of steam very quickly. But its fuel consumption rate is pretty alarming.
Did they tinker with solid fuel boilers on a large scale to make them more effective?
Otherwise the only way id managed to make a large RC boiler beat the GT was in cheat mode.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
@gallowglass the GT boiler has the added advantage that it can burn the creosote if you install a liquid input, for railcraft you have to change fireboxes.

That is good to know. I could have sworn I tried to put creosote into the GT boiler I had in creative, must have messed something up because it didn't take it....

the bronze boiler can be recycled from your BBF, all those bronze plated brick blocks can go into the casing - even the little bronze one has a decent enough output (i had it running a GT MV turbine without issue)

Good point about the bricks.

One of the things that interests me about the GT boiler is that its output seems pretty comparable to the steam turbine's demands, whereas you need something like a 27HP RC boiler to run a MV turbine.