[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Unrelated, I just found an infernal hive surrounded by glowstone while branch- mining in the overworld...

Edit: Aaaaaand now an oblivion bee hive surrounded by endstone. Is it supposed to spawn in the overworld?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks guys.

Miguk: no network issues identified.
gallowglass: yeah, restarting the whole client makes everything perfect for a few minutes, then it goes to pot again.

I may have to cease server play. This is my primary modpack of choice but I've run out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Unrelated, I just found an infernal hive surrounded by glowstone while branch- mining in the overworld...

Edit: Aaaaaand now an oblivion bee hive surrounded by endstone. Is it supposed to spawn in the overworld?

Yes. I believe that's part of Magic Bees.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft is still in MJ land. The RF version of RC is comming soon(tm). It is already available for Patrons on Railcraft Patreon. And no, i will not be putting Patreon only builds into the pack....

Reminds me of the whole "Premium Content" war that Blizzard had with modders back in 2009.

On networking issues: I dont have as many stopsies playing on @MigukNamja 's server - a little block-lag here and there, but when i did try to play on the dev server the block lag was horrible, id always chalked it up to crappy backbones between me and the UK, ill admit Eastlink are not saints, not by a long shot - but i only seem to start having connection issues when my transmissions go outside of North America.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Ok...it's been covered earlier in this thread but I really need to know which canning machine out of the 17 or so I need to use to fill batteries...I cant seem to fill a battery with redstone using a liquid solid canning machine.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Ok...it's been covered earlier in this thread but I really need to know which canning machine out of the 17 or so I need to use to fill batteries...I cant seem to fill a battery with redstone using a liquid solid canning machine.
I'm not sure but don't you have a creative world to test things out on?

Try making one, i couldn't go without it lol. But redstone in a battery? i think gregtech batteries runs on mercury, some sort of acid, lithium and something else, maybe it is just the wrong fuel to put in the battery? Maybe you are not using gregtech batteries though then i wouldn't know one bit xD

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure but don't you have a creative world to test things out on?

Try making one, i couldn't go without it lol. But redstone in a battery? i think gregtech batteries runs on mercury, some sort of acid, lithium and something else, maybe it is just the wrong fuel to put in the battery? Maybe you are not using gregtech batteries though then i wouldn't know one bit xD

GT Batteries can be made of the following things:
Single Use: Acid, Mercury
Rechargeable: Tantalum Capacitor, Sodium, Cadmium (rare), Lithium, Lapotron

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using this modpack for a bit, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I have some things to say though. Factorization might be a good addition, I've used it a lot in my 1.5 FTB Unleashed survival world. It's updated to 1.7, I think. Tinker's might be a good mod, but I personally think Greg's tools are better than Tinker's. The only reason I had Tinker's was because of the crafting stations and slime mechanics it has. Project Zulu is a bit too heavy on my computer, so I removed it from the pack. On the load time, I'm fine with it. I would say Binnie's Mods matter more to me than 7 minutes of loading time. I took out some laggy mods too, such as HoloInventory, ArmorStatus HUD and 3D Furnace.

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
So MJ is no longer supported, and in its place, this thing called RF is used instead? I don't think I've ever heard of RF before. If any of you gents know of a good video that breaks down what RF is and/or also explains the differences between RF and MJ, do let me know. I could certainly stand to know exactly what is up with it.

I've came across glowstone in the overworld myself (though for reasons I'm not aware of myself, I didn't mine any of it, and instead dug the stone around it?) If I find it again (or find another), I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any beehives in or around it.

Not intuitive the 1st time through for sure. But, they are now low(er) power and not that difficult to make, so yes, experimentation is not a problem.
What's the issue you are having ? Is it with a specific machine ?

I probably should have made this clear: The last time I messed around with those genetic machines, that was months ago (at what I'm sure was a point before I had actually looked at a video that explained it as a whole and its machines individually.)

Anyhow, mostly... the confounding part about them... was mostly when you actually got into the stuff. Experimentation wasn't difficult, because the materials said experimentation process required... was never steep. You give them a little bit of power, you use some of those dozen or so spare drones you'll inevitably get from breeding to be used either for Liquid DNA, or for genetic material, then... you made stuff happen.

Here's what my blind, first (and only) experience was like: You melted drones, and you got Liquid DNA. You melt a queen, you got a lot more DNA, but then realize that queens aren't as replaceable, so you stop doing that. You stuck a drone in a machine that had a slot for a vial (the drone I believe was consumed) and the vial would (I believe) receive a genetic trait, though remain empty and not have any uses. That trait would have a quality level, and the vial could carry a number of uses, though obviously, in its current state, its useless either way until something happens.
(Here's where my memory starts to fail me. The further along I go, the less and less I can recall.)
You stick the DNA vial in another machine, and that machine would consume liquid DNA to refill it, so that it COULD be used, but the quality of the genetic code ended up dropping! So you figured that this would not do. You looked around, and found out that there's a machine that could fix that problem, so you made it, and did so.

Except that apparently, shenanigans were necessary to actually get the genetic code inside a bee (i.e. I have absolutely no clear idea what had happened back then to actually get it to work). I believe that when I did find out how to get it working, and after doing so, it turned out that the genetic code I had acquired in the vial was absolutely nothing special, and might not have actually been all that useful to begin with. So I'm like "Wow, screw this mess, I burned through that many bees for this?"

And I think that's how it went. I'm pretty sure that I hadn't actually touched, tested, and tried all of the machines, and given the time span between then and now, I'm also pretty sure that things were changed, and new things now exist.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using this modpack for a bit, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I have some things to say though. Factorization might be a good addition, I've used it a lot in my 1.5 FTB Unleashed survival world. It's updated to 1.7, I think. Tinker's might be a good mod, but I personally think Greg's tools are better than Tinker's. The only reason I had Tinker's was because of the crafting stations and slime mechanics it has. Project Zulu is a bit too heavy on my computer, so I removed it from the pack. On the load time, I'm fine with it. I would say Binnie's Mods matter more to me than 7 minutes of loading time. I took out some laggy mods too, such as HoloInventory, ArmorStatus HUD and 3D Furnace.

I never liked Factorization, I never used it. So that means it will not be in the pack (you want to add it? Go ahead and add it by yourself). Tinkers for crafting tables? You can use much better and cooler Production Tables from Steves Workshop. They keep the items in the grid, and also you can upgrade them (4 crafting tables in one block? Or two Crafting Tables and two Furnaces? Yes please.

So MJ is no longer supported, and in its place, this thing called RF is used instead? I don't think I've ever heard of RF before. If any of you gents know of a good video that breaks down what RF is and/or also explains the differences between RF and MJ, do let me know. I could certainly stand to know exactly what is up with it.

You never played with Thermal Expansion in 1.6 ? Well that makes you one of million :)
In short RF is exactly the same as MJ. So nothing new to learn.

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
That, is industrialcraft via GT - its not a GT battery, its also a waste of good redstone.

Actually, in my opinion, I always thought that single-use batteries were always a great way to get early amounts of power. Also, if any of you recall my Iridium mining difficulty rant from earlier, I'll have you know that because single-use batteries could be crafted anywhere on the go, they were also something that I used to refuel electric jetpacks. In fact... because the materials are exchangeable with End ores (i.e. the MATERIALS are ores), you technically could save space compared to rechargeable batteries (if I remember correctly).

Also, they strike me as being an early way to get yourself straight past the Steam Age. You won't need a steam turbine to power your early machines if you're producing power from batteries. And it's not like it's an unfair way to do so. A spinning turbine manipulates electrons/energy to get you the power you need, while batteries are in a way, an extended application of the potato battery. (Think about it, anybody could have easily came across something like that earlier in history if they happened to have the wire system.)

I never liked Factorization, I never used it. So that means it will not be in the pack (you want to add it? Go ahead and add it by yourself). Tinkers for crafting tables? You can use much better and cooler Production Tables from Steves Workshop. They keep the items in the grid, and also you can upgrade them (4 crafting tables in one block? Or two Crafting Tables and two Furnaces? Yes please.

You never played with Thermal Expansion in 1.6 ? Well that makes you one of million :)
In short RF is exactly the same as MJ. So nothing new to learn.

Isn't Factorization that thing with the conveyor belts? Because that's literally the only thing I probably could remember from it, outside of some sort of... freezing staff that uses the science of a heat sink to do that?

Also, good to know that. It keeps me from having to relearn anything.

So I just managed to fill a written book/journal, mostly with generic Thaumcraft stuff, tidbits and things I discovered (bar the latest with Primal Charms), and other feelings really. I'm always do feel sort of disappointed when that happens, but I love that I pretty much came to my last page just around the point where I've pretty much exhausted any and all safe avenues for research (and sort of stumbled backwards into those Bath Salts).

The whole point of this (and there is one), is that in a way... I feel more motivated to start getting into Gregtech now! And now to top it off, I can document my traversal into it with a new journal, (once I make a new book that wasn't spent on a confusing Bibliocraft Big Writing book).

So, a question of curiosity to people here: Do any of you ever make Written Books?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, i was pointing out that RE-Batteries are kinda pointless with this version of GT.
This means the one that came from IC2 fyi.

Last edited:

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, i was pointing out that RE-Batteries are kinda pointless with this version of GT.

Are they? That'd be a sizable disappointment. Fact: One of the very first things I tried to automate with IC2/Gregtech was the production of single-use batteries (after gasoline tanks, both coal and plant). Since during those times, I never (and honestly still never) seem to have all of the equipment to truly automate it or move the things to where they needed to go, so I was essentially a 1-man assembly line.

I just found out a few things about Gregtech tools made from Thaumcraft Crystals: Order Shards have Silk Touch, Entropy Shards are stronger destructive tools (which is OBVIOUS since Mining Bores are powered by Perditio, the aspect is as one with the idea of mining), Water Shards apply Looting and Fortune, Air Shards apply Knockback, and Earth Shard tools... are durable! They're pretty great for making hammers, saws, and other things early on.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Was i talking about single use batteries?
No.
I was talking about the IC2 RE-Battery, which is what was posted above by another member - now that i look back at it though, i quoted the wrong person.

Since you dragged it in again, im going to use it to further my point that using redstone for batteries is pointless, especially when, like you said you have single use mercury and acid and much more easily obtainable sodium rechargeables, i managed to avoid building a liquid canner till i started electrolyzing on MV level on my main world, got sick of depositing cells of oxygen by hand - in early game it is stupid to waste your redstone on batteries, because you need it for magnetic rods and redstone wire.
Honestly though, i prefer to suck it up and just build a damn turbine, its more reliable than faffing around with single use batteries.

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Do any of you ever make Written Books?
I used to use them only for coordinates, but now, with the increased complexity of mods, I use them for recipes not shown in NEI 'cause I didn't want to check the wiki all the time. I know I can use an ingame wiki mod, but I don't like those type of mods a lot.

Reactions: Learner

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the fusion reactor was part of default gregtech.
But I just installed and launched this pack for the first time and I don't see it in NEI.
Is it in there or do I need some gregtech add-on(s)?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure fusion is planned (because we have plasma in the recipe system), however Greg is working slowly on the new features because he's playing other games lol.
Also bear in mind that GT 5 is still in beta, so don't treat it as a complete mod.