[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
1) Remove JourneyMap from the mods folder in your server folder
2) Pastebin.com the output of the console

Even car mechanic will tell you to provide as much info as possible. You can't just call the mechanic and say to him: "My car doesn't start, even when I turned the key" and expect the solution :p He needs to see the car

Well....you're a pretty effin' good mechanic then cause you just solved my problem, man.

Journey map in the server files....interesting.

EDIT: I didn't even say thank you! I'm so rude. Thanks to everyone for the responses. The community is good with this one...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well....you're a pretty effin' good mechanic then cause you just solved my problem, man.

Journey map in the server files....interesting.

EDIT: I didn't even say thank you! I'm so rude. Thanks to everyone for the responses. The community is good with this one...
Glad I helped. I by mistake packed the JourneyMap to the server. Its only a client side mod (btw if you will look into your crashlog or server logs, you will find that JourneyMap is calling for CLIENT side, and that caused the problem :) )

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
NC2 is in the to-add-list for the next update.
Replying to my own post... ok.... NC2 will be added, but we have encountered little problem with Minetweaker, where its not able to reload scripts in-game, that makes few recipe changes/fixes bit annoying to make (make a script change and restart the whole client - 10minutes downtime :( )

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Replying to my own post... ok.... NC2 will be added, but we have encountered little problem with Minetweaker, where its not able to reload scripts in-game, that makes few recipe changes/fixes bit annoying to make (make a script change and restart the whole client - 10minutes downtime :( )
Jason can you clarify: is that minetweaker bug caused by NC2?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So because I like to understand the GT electrical system better, I'm wondering if the below setup will work to kickstart an Electrical Blast Furnace (with LV hatches)

As I understand it, this should* work. Tin Cable has a loss of 1eu/t/block. We're able to output a total of 4x32=128 eu/t. 122 eu/t should reach the EBT (120 is required).

I think this is the "minimal" setup you can build to start cooking your MV aluminium: one 4x Low Voltage Battery Buffer, and two LV Hatches.

Maybe @SpwnX can comment when he's done lynching fools in his werewolf game.

Untitled.png

*I'm at work or I'd test this myself.

Minor Edits: the bottom tin cable is technically handling 4x31 packets at that point. 2 are passed along to the "north".
Also, for clarity, this is 4x Tin Cable, not Tin Cable.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone still searching for ppl to play with? I do wanna give the pack a go, but playing allone is pretty boring... I do have a vServer and could run an Infitech Server on it. However, the Performance is not the greatest and Im more searching for a Server to play on. Im 20 yrs old, and if anyone is searching for a mate to play with just PM me. Btw Im from germany but English is not a big deal :)

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason can you clarify: is that minetweaker bug caused by NC2?
That was badly composed message from myself. The MT3 problem is not caused by NC2. Its just a general issue, and before that will get fixed, there will be no bigger updates with new mods.

Reactions: Pyure

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone still searching for ppl to play with? I do wanna give the pack a go, but playing allone is pretty boring... I do have a vServer and could run an Infitech Server on it. However, the Performance is not the greatest and Im more searching for a Server to play on. Im 20 yrs old, and if anyone is searching for a mate to play with just PM me. Btw Im from germany but English is not a big deal :)
Check priv message from me :p

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
So because I like to understand the GT electrical system better, I'm wondering if the below setup will work to kickstart an Electrical Blast Furnace (with LV hatches)

As I understand it, this should* work. Tin Cable has a loss of 1eu/t/block. We're able to output a total of 4x32=128 eu/t. 122 eu/t should reach the EBT (120 is required).

I think this is the "minimal" setup you can build to start cooking your MV aluminium: one 4x Low Voltage Battery Buffer, and two LV Hatches.

Maybe @SpwnX can comment when he's done lynching fools in his werewolf game.

View attachment 13327

*I'm at work or I'd test this myself.

Minor Edits: the bottom tin cable is technically handling 4x31 packets at that point. 2 are passed along to the "north".
Also, for clarity, this is 4x Tin Cable, not Tin Cable.
While this setup theorically works, using 3 LV hatches and 32V 5A is safer. Chances are that with 4A you might get energy shortages, losing progress and causing rage.

About the WW game... all fools.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Minor edits to above image:
View attachment 13328

A similar setup using 4 LV hatches with 2 blocks of insulated 4xTin cables connected to a 4x32v battery box did *not* work for me. It only started working after I connected the 4x32v battery boxes directly to an LV hatch each.

Earlier, I tried 4x Basic Steam Turbines directly connected to (facing) the LV hatches. It would consume 1 silicon dust, run briefly, then die. As @MajPayne21 said to me in TS3 last night, it could have been because that setup has zero(0) power buffering. Hence, any hiccup on the server could have starved the EBF, if only briefly. So, I went with a battery-buffered solution.

I'm now using just two(2) LV hatches, each with its own 4x32v battery box directly facing it (no wires), and it's working beautifully. Each battery box has 4 batteries. I have 2x Basic Steam Turbines on each battery box to keep the batteries topped off.

I suspect the cables and the lack of a battery buffer were the issues I ran 8 silicon dusts and 8 aluminum dusts through that with no problems : smooth and no hiccups.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm now using just two(2) LV hatches, each with its own 4x32v battery box directly facing it (no wires), and it's working beautifully. Each battery box has 4 batteries. I have 2x Basic Steam Turbines on each battery box to keep the batteries topped off.
Neat that's the precise build I assembled last night :) Couldn't test it due to server disconnecting near end of play time.
My only concern is whether the 4 steam turbines will get sufficient steam from 1 Large Steel Fluid pipe.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Neat that's the precise build I assembled last night :) Couldn't test it due to server disconnecting near end of play time.
My only concern is whether the 4 steam turbines will get sufficient steam from 1 Large Steel Fluid pipe.

I don't think so. I think you'll need 2x Large Steel Fluid pipes : 1 pipe serving just 2 turbines.

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I think we had the same experience last base too. Oh well. Time to make more steel :)

Depending upon how much you're going to cook up at a time, you may not strictly need another pipe yet. The turbines simply won't be able to keep the batteries at 100% throughout the cooking, but you probably have enough energy on those batteries to make small batches.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Depending upon how much you're going to cook up at a time, you may not strictly need another pipe yet. The turbines simply won't be able to keep the batteries at 100% throughout the cooking, but you probably have enough energy on those batteries to make small batches.
That's not a bad point. Technically even without supplying new steam, each buffer holds enough power to cook 99% of an aluminium.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Just some minor things to report about stuff that is probably not wrong with this modpack:

When i go out on the oceans with my boat, sometimes when i explore too much too fast i think the boat desyncs from the game (even in SSP) so i can't enter the boat again, to fix it i have to save and exit and re-enter, this gets quite annoying when i'm out spying for auranodes for thaumcraft stuff as much as i have done lately.

Also its a bit annoying that since i researched what aspects boats are, when i look through the research glass i can see what makes up the boat when i don't want to, this is a problem with thaumcraft though, i wish that the boat wouldn't get picked if you are riding it because it blocks my vision greatly
:(

... and yeah i'm starting to get into bees a bit, got some common bees and am looking forward to go up the tiers... i'm a bit sad that i cannot get glowstone drops or something from bees outside the nether... maybe with some genesplicing?, is it possible to make nether bees accept overworld as their habitat?

I also got an infusion rig up and running with thaumcraft, things are good, still bronze age though.

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
You know, all things considered, I don't think I'm in a bad place to be...

House Rant Analysis Below
except for one very annoying thing: I really went with the most obnoxious housing location ever, which was a decision borne from the most basic of instincts... survival; the strong urge to find shelter from the oncoming night; to avoid having to be met with a terrible fate. My only option to find room for new objects, machines, and storage was to dig out an underground space almost 30 blocks below exactly. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to make underground working spaces! I've always preferred to make above ground structures! They're a lot more manageable, and are usually closer to the things that I need; if I need access to the sunlight... there it is! You need water? Good news then, because you can place a water tank 4 blocks outside of your home to gather the rain, and not dig out 30 blocks of earth and rock to pump it down. You want to employ a zoning system for your various machines or keep mod specific machines separated? Set them up on separate floors; said floors can and are easier to visualize when you're doing a constructive action like building, compared to a destructive action like the mass removal of useless cobble. Plus, in the process of building, you'll usually already have a number of things available to assist you with the task, such as scaffolding, ladders, or stepping stones rather then have to worry about what might be behind this next layer of stone. This all being said, these two options are not without their own pros and cons. It's very annoying and bothersome to resize/enlarge a built structure along the X and Y plane especially if said building is made out of CF/construction foam, which was sprayed over wire, and then painted... (you can't really recycle CF, you can only make more.) Where as when it comes to an underground structure, there isn't really a size limitation, nor is there 'usually' a strong attachment to the generically plain stone walls. On SMP, above ground buildings are just plainly easier to see which can lead to bad things, while one can hide underground without too much of a hassle. The point is, an aboveground house can with not too much of a hassle, always be built taller, while an underground one can be made wider without as much of an issue (though overall, it is itself more bothersome then the former, as you need to do something with the junk you gather, and need to expend some resources on lighting and mining equipment. Failing to properly illuminate an area can and most likely will result in fun.)

Still, I suppose I just somehow can easily find some way to find fault with any method that I choose... I'm a WEIRD GUY! I'm the kind of guy who can not trust nuclear power, but loves to use electric lights. Which means that if I start to over consume power (and fail to catch on quick enough, because electric lights DO have a sizable internal buffer), well... working in the dark can always become a possibility, since the building probably doesn't use a great deal of natural light and lacks windows...

Anyways... yea, I don't think I'm in a bad position. Ore list as follows
For example, I have located a wide assortment of ore veins (though I haven't really mined that much from them yet). I've located 2-3 coal veins (1 was plenty really); I've located a redstone vein (redstone, ruby, and chrome ahoy!); I know where a tin vein is (on a stupidly tall and narrow mountain of ever possible death); I've seen a radioactive vein of ore (two actually); I know where an iron vein is, maybe two, even though they might be different categories (?), one of which I actually had mined from; I think a copper vein or two (not sure, but PRETTY confident); I live on that titanium providing metal; I've located some veins of those... magnetic ores (?), the ones that also occasionally have gold; I've came across a vein or two that contained Olivine (I think it was some sort of exotic metal ore vein; also, Olivine/=Emerald, both of which are useful for high tier electronics!); I think I saw something that had sodalite (though that one will end up being a bit of a hassle to get back to... which is all assuming I'll even manage that miraculous task); I've located 2 Diamond + Graphite Ores (and mined a sizable portion of the first one, the 2nd was... a lot further away, and I'm pretty sure I lost track of where it was exactly, save for a generic hunch as to where it was); But to top it all off... what lies in a cave not even 10 chunks away from my home, was a vein of the most precious metal to my current knowledge... Iridium. The stuff of my dreams, the elusive End metal, progress personified in a solid form.
A summary of my iridium mining experience. LONG AND RANTY. It might help to read the last segment of the thing above. *disclaimer: This is simply a retelling of my experience on other, much older mod packs. I think it was with Gregtech 4, or at least whichever one that lacked the steam/bronze age.*
Seriously... that stuff was always an absolute nightmare to gather, though the only times I ever needed to gather it, were in SMP worlds. First, you had to of course get to The End. Slay a dragon if one still existed. After doing so, the next part required a jetpack of some kind. You had to fly out into a pitch black void of emptiness to various asteroids, and hope/pray you could find the elusive ore. That ore was unbelievable more valuable then vanilla diamonds, and was at least 5 times as rare and scarce.
You could always use a fortune pick on diamonds, but this stuff on a mental level, asked you to use the most meticulous method of processing to maximize as much output, ore, and dust as humanely possible. Once the ore was in a usable state, it would be manipulated, shaped, assembled, and consumed with only the most cost effective machines you could barely scrape past with; if a certain machine could save you a single small pile of dust to fulfill a task, you'd make that machine and use it. If you lacked the best methods of ore processing, or were missing components for said methods, the ore was stored and locked in a safe, which no one else but you could access. It was your precious! How dare they ask it be stored in a normal chest!
Once all was said and done... you'd probably come to the tragic realization that you probably never had enough for what you were making (which was almost NEVER armor, tools, or weapons once you realized its true value). You weigh in on whether or not you should consider processing your platinum (obtained as a byproduct of Iridium producing ores) for additional Iridium. You probably won't given how seemingly low the return rate is, along with the various uses platinum can also serve, but it's nice knowing that exists as an option.
So you decide that the only option left is to go back to The End where all of the dangerous and lethal Endermen are. You willingly sacrifice the largest source of your armor points to equip a jetpack, so you can fly over and across a bottomless void of oblivion, where if you fall, could AND WOULD provide the quickest and most painful death you could suffer. ABSOLUTELY NONE of your equipment and items would be salvageable from such a demise. Should you be slain by any endermen who could and WOULD spawn on said asteroids in large numbers, whatever items did survive (and not fall into oblivion) would be on an asteroid that could end up having anywhere between 5, 10, or even 20-30 asteroids that came before it. (This could very roughly translate into at least 15 chunks?)
If you're lucky, the server 'might' have a home function. If not... you either have to deal with the possibility that your travel distance is cut down by at least 55% (your jetpack loses efficiency on its last 5% or so of power). You'd never willingly risk for your jetpack to become empty, and manually BRIDGE your way back to the main island; no no... too risky. The danger of falling would be high. You'd probably wouldn't even have the blocks needed to do so anyways if the server lacked Extra Utilities (meaning no compressed cobble). So if you want to avoid having these ever-so dedicated mining operations from being cut short, you have to carry some kind of portable container for energy. Which almost always ended up being batteries, since batteries, unlike Energy Crystals or Lapi whatahusits, were capable of recharging your electric tools on the go. Energy Crystals and above were more or less purely for EU storage, so if you wanted to carry those just to be able to carry a little more energy (and potentially cut down on inventory space), then you'd have to carry an EU-storage machine to access that energy, along with a tool to safely pickup that machine (which would be an electric wrench that you set to no-loss mode, which consumed more power to avoid having any possibility for your machine to end up becoming a useless machine box.)
And each time you went back for more... you'd get less and less, and expend more energy as you were forced to push out further and further... Any asteroid above a certain height was also unreachable due to the height limitation of your jetpack (maybe the air is too thin up there?) If said asteroid was above that certain height and ALSO far away from other asteroids that are well within your range, then it essentially WAS impossible to get up there. Your only method to get to any asteroid above that height would be to MANUALLY BUILD UP to them.
Like I said... a nightmare.
Anyhow, point is, I know where some materials can be found at. And that's at least 30-40% of the work.

...and yeah i'm starting to get into bees a bit, got some common bees and am looking forward to go up the tiers... i'm a bit sad that i cannot get glowstone drops or something from bees outside the nether... maybe with some genesplicing?, is it possible to make nether bees accept overworld as their habitat?
I also got an infusion rig up and running with thaumcraft, things are good, still bronze age though.

You won't even need to go that far. You probably ARE however going to need bees from the Nether, but you could easily get them comfy in the overworld. What you're probably using is the Apiary. If you're willing to invest into it, you should look into making an Alveary. They allow you to shelter bees in a structure that allows you to control the temperature. Biome too cold? Make an Alveary Heater. All it needs is 5 MJ/tick. I think the Extra Bees add-on had an attachment that allowed you to modify the internal humidity too (along with other stuff)?

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: Nether bees in overworld

Absolutely. The Acclimitizer is your friend. Easy and direct.You can also breed in the temp. and humid traits from other bees. The 3rd and most difficult way in this pack are Binnie's other machines to make a larvae.

Reactions: Tsuko