[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
i added tinkers to the pack.
What do you think?

Ummm....wow. Putting mDiyo and Greg in the same pack !! I'm surprised your tool experience was the worst there was.

For merging TiCo and GT, a black hole should have formed on your hard drive and sucked in your entire computer.

On a more serious note, what you're trying to do is not supported. mDiyo and Greg drama aside, there are indeed very good reasons why TiCo and GT aren't supposed to be in the same pack : TiCo has very cool, but also very powerful tools that have their own construction and balance methods. These are mutually exclusive with GregTech, which uses tools as a gating/progression technique, and Greg has his own way of doing tools.

These mods truly are philosophically incompatible. Their code may be incompatible as well and what're experiencing might be the consequence of trying to merge them.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019

Ummm....wow. Putting mDiyo and Greg in the same pack !! I'm surprised your tool experience was the worst there was.

For merging TiCo and GT, a black hole should have formed on your hard drive and sucked in your entire computer.

Thanks, that helps me alot! Evryone have not been moding this game for as long as you have, thus dont have your superior knowlege.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a rought topic and its never fun to have to make a decition on those kind of things. However i think the best is to start over sooner then later.. :/

Btw, Jason, i added tinkers to the pack. ( i know you dont have support for me when i add extra mods).. but.. yeah.. The problem is that if i die, the meta values of the tinker tools are getting broken and they become useless. Will that be fixed if i update to 1.1.9? What do you think?
Update 1.1.9 has fixed the NBT data error with some GT tools when retrieving those items from the grave. So it should also fix Tinkers tools, since they behave completely the same as GT tools

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
On a more serious note, what you're trying to do is not supported. mDiyo and Greg drama aside, there are indeed very good reasons why TiCo and GT aren't supposed to be in the same pack : TiCo has very cool, but also very powerful tools that have their own construction and balance methods. These are mutually exclusive with GregTech, which uses tools as a gating/progression technique, and Greg has his own way of doing tools.

These mods truly are philosophically incompatible. Their code may be incompatible as well and what're experiencing might be the consequence of trying to merge them.

That helped me a whole lot more, thanks for the info! Will prolly just pull TiCo out again then.. Thinking of updating to 1.1.9 so might just do all of it now then!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

They "work" together. Only real problem is the tool system. Everything else works perfectly fine (maybe just some minor issues/balances)

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.9 has fixed the NBT data error with some GT tools when retrieving those items from the grave. So it should also fix Tinkers tools, since they behave completely the same as GT tools

Thanks alot for the reply man! But i will reconsider if i want to keep it in the 1.1.9 vertion when i update! :)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Do you folks know which macerators give by-products? I made a high pressure steam macerator and I feel ripped off. No antimony from tetrahedrite. Also, is it worth going for the basic electric macerator, cause if it doesn't give me by-products...I might just throw my hands up lol. Ore washing machine is next on my to build list after the useless electric hammer machine that I made...cause it still gives me 1 plate per 2 ores...AND it was a bitch to make. I have steam for days.....I really didn't need to waste the materials on another hammer.

Also, WHY is the FTB wiki for GT5 so bad!? I know Greg makes a lot of changes, but srsly, if I had a wiki to refer to, I'd be able to answer a lot of my own questions....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Do you folks know which macerators give by-products? I made a high pressure steam macerator and I feel ripped off. No antimony from tetrahedrite. Also, is it worth going for the basic electric macerator, cause if it doesn't give me by-products...I might just throw my hands up lol. Ore washing machine is next on my to build list after the useless electric hammer machine that I made...cause it still gives me 1 plate per 2 ores...AND it was a bitch to make. I have steam for days.....I really didn't need to waste the materials on another hammer.
I *think* the pulverizer does it, but I gather its expensive to build and/or run.

The Rock Crusher does a variation of it (producing dusts 1/10 times instead of 1/9th of a dust). Its also dirt cheap.

Also, WHY is the FTB wiki for GT5 so bad!? I know Greg makes a lot of changes, but srsly, if I had a wiki to refer to, I'd be able to answer a lot of my own questions....
This thread is basically the best GT5 wiki now :p

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@danieledward

What @Pyure said. Early/mid-game, I believe the Rock Crusher is the best you can do. When you look at how an ore is processed in NEI, the 'Macerator' should show just the main products. So, just 2x crushed Tetrahedrite ore from 1x Tetrahedrite ore

The only difference between starter bronze macerator and the steel high-pressure one is the speed and perhaps the efficiency. The high-pressure will be better.

As you climb the GT ladder, you get better and better ore processing. The Rock Crusher requires a fair amount of steel and diamonds, and a fair amount of power/steam to power it. I think 3 or 4 Steel Industrial Steam Engines (8 MJ/t each) are enough to fully power it. After the Rock Crusher, there's a GT machine, I think, that might give you a slightly higher/better percentage of secondary/bonus byproducts on ores.

Early-game, the easiest way to get antimony is Stibnite ore, which is the black ore in Tetrahedrite veins. It's a rare ore and occurs roughly between 5% and 10% as often as a Tetrahedrite ore block.

Reactions: Pyure

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is basically the best GT5 wiki now :p

Agreed.

So the ore washer gives by-products though right? I didn't read NEI wrong?

EDIT: Yeah I have Stibnite. Say, I used to be a 1.2.5 GT and BC purist with the original FTB. Quarries were awesome. What are the different ways you can automine in this pack?

-Quarry
-Thaumcraft
-Trains

Any others?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.

So the ore washer gives by-products though right? I didn't read NEI wrong?

It does, yes. But, I believe the Rock Crusher is the best way to start with an ore block. If you are making steel and have found a diamond/graphite vein, I highly recommend making a Rock Crusher. You can add an Ore Washer as a 2nd stage. You can also simply re-crush the crushed ores again to make dusts plus a chance at a byproduct.

The Rock Crusher is just *slightly* OP for this pack since you get two(2) nearly optimal ore processing stages in just 1 machine. Yes, there are slightly more optimal 1st and 2nd stages later in GT, but not much better.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
One more note on the bronze machines : they are design to be clearly inferior to the GT electrical age machines. In other words, they're supposed to suck.

Now, to be fair, they are far better than the vanilla furnace and GT hand tools. I mean, who enjoys smelting ores directly to get just 1 primary product ingot the entire game ? And, then taking 2 of those ingots to get 1 plate ?

Greg introduced the Bronze Age as a stepping stone between vanilla and the electrical machines. You're supposed to deprecate them with "proper" GT electrical machines at some point.

Once you start building the Basic (32v) machines, you will have machines that you can very easily keep the entire game and not have to replace unless you want the higher-speed version or need to because the recipe requires a higher voltage (higher tier) version. Indeed, the Basic machines are - AFAIK - the most efficient in terms of energy usage.

Greg somehow believes the higher the voltage, the *less* efficient it should be. It boggles my mind.

This means if you're doing something like...making Ethanol, you *need* to use the LV (32v 'Basic') versions. Otherwise, the 128v and higher aren't break-even. They have such huge efficiency penalties that you will spend more energy making Ethanol than you gain from the Ethanol itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
One more note on the bronze machines : they are design to be clearly inferior to the GT electrical age machines. In other words, they're supposed to suck.

Now, to be fair, they are far better than the vanilla furnace and GT hand tools. I mean, who enjoys smelting ores directly to get just 1 primary product ingot the entire game ? And, then taking 2 of those ingots to get 1 plate ?

Greg introduced the Bronze Age as a stepping stone between vanilla and the electrical machines. You're supposed to deprecate them with "proper" GT electrical machines at some point.
Yeah, agreed, which is why its weird that the rock crusher continues to be "useful" long after you'd think it was deprecated.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This means if you're doing something like...making Ethanol, you *need* to use the LV (32v 'Basic') versions. Otherwise, the 128v and higher aren't break-even. They have such huge efficiency penalties that you will spend more energy making Ethanol than you gain from the Ethanol itself.
Think you just appended this.

+1.

This is true for any GT machine involved in efficient energy generation btw. Spamming is always better, unless cable-lossiness overcomes it. And even then you can get around that with IC2 machines most of the time.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, agreed, which is why its weird that the rock crusher continues to be "useful" long after you'd think it was deprecated.

Indeed !

And, I chalk that up to Railcraft. The RC Steam Turbine and the RC Boiler are also more efficient than their GT counterparts. I can't imagine deprecating the RC Steam Turbine, for instance, unless you go 100% nuclear or some such. But, by the time you're nuclear, you *probably* have some form of renewable steam production.

Hmm...interesting challenge. Reach nuclear age (MOX) without a tree farm or pumping mass lava. Oil, maybe ? In this pack with EXBL enabled (which means more sparse oil spouts) it will be more difficult, but not impossible.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hm... by reading this thread I found the ExtraBees conflict. I just wanna say that I realy like bees. Obviously they are pretty strong but I would be a bit sad if you would banish them from the pack. Its a realy fun endgame method (or midgame) to generate some ressources. Otherwise you would be sticked to UU-Matters, Quarries and that stuff.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Hm... by reading this thread I found the ExtraBees conflict. I just wanna say that I realy like bees. Obviously they are pretty strong but I would be a bit sad if you would banish them from the pack. Its a realy fun endgame method (or midgame) to generate some ressources. Otherwise you would be sticked to UU-Matters, Quarries and that stuff.

I loooove my bees. But, ExtraBees is not strictly needed. You can use Forestry + MagicBees to produce bees that make iron, copper, gold, tin, diamond, etc.,.

The difficult part then is breeding traits by hand, and the keys for that are Max. Fertility and Oblivion or Necrotic frames.