[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have definitive experience running an LV-EBT with 3 or fewer energy hatches?

Number of LVs needed might depend upon the recipe, no ? If it's 120v, it'll need 4 LVs. But, if the recipe has lesser voltage, it might get by with less.

What does it take to make MV stuff again ? Stainless steel or Aluminum ?

And, what's the voltage for that ?

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it takes 128 EU/T exactly, which is why people recommend 4 hatches with one LV turbine each, connected directly.

I also heard that the hatch can supposedly accept 4 A of 32 EU/T, so is it possible that we could feed 4 turbines to a battery buffer and feed that 4A directly in.... wait, I just realized that voltage is still 32 EU/t. I guess it would depend on the voltage required, but there should be no difficulty in getting a 4th energy hatch. Are you thinking of sandwiching the turbines between a bronze boiler and the EBF so they are as compact as possible?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I believe it takes 128 EU/T exactly, which is why people recommend 4 hatches with one LV turbine each, connected directly.

I also heard that the hatch can supposedly accept 4 A of 32 EU/T, so is it possible that we could feed 4 turbines to a battery buffer and feed that 4A directly in.... wait, I just realized that voltage is still 32 EU/t. I guess it would depend on the voltage required, but there should be no difficulty in getting a 4th energy hatch. Are you thinking of sandwiching the turbines between a bronze boiler and the EBF so they are as compact as possible?

4x32 eu should actually work as you originally thought I would think, but I thought the hatches accepted 2A not 4.

I'm actually just thinking of how to do the EBT more "professionally", with the "proper" number of hatches. Last time I did 4. I'm less concerned about the space in this instance and more about the learning experience.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Can Gendustry be tweaked/nerfed ?

Problem with Gendustry is it trivializes bee and tree species breeding and trait imprinting. Gendustry is for far easier packs, IMHO. Would like to include option C:

C) Disable binnies (and don't replace with Gendustry)

With that said, I still voted for "keep Binnie's" because I'm an unabashed bee and tree freak and Binnie's - long loading times aside - is an awesome mod. His new machines are very cool.

But, disabling Binnie's is probably the best general approach. Server admins like me can choose to enable it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can Gendustry be tweaked/nerfed ?

Problem with Gendustry is it trivializes bee and tree species breeding and trait imprinting. Gendustry is for far easier packs, IMHO. Would like to include option C:

C) Disable binnies (and don't replace with Gendustry)

With that said, I still voted for "keep Binnie's" because I'm an unabashed bee and tree freak and Binnie's - long loading times aside - is an awesome mod. His new machines are very cool.

But, disabling Binnie's is probably the best general approach. Server admins like me can choose to enable it.

For some reason the poll removed the third option. Here is the new link with all 3 options:
http://strawpoll.me/2921042

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
i have spent like 3h mining for tin now, i'm in the over world, at level 70.. Am i in the wrong place or is it just insanely hard to find tin? :)

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I cant use the Server... I downloaded it via FTB and got straight away the first Crash: Journeymaps should not be installed on a server but only on a client. After throwing Journeymaps out of the mods folder the Server is just crashing - without any crash report or log entries. I could realy need some help :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I cant use the Server... I downloaded it via FTB and got straight away the first Crash: Journeymaps should not be installed on a server but only on a client. After throwing Journeymaps out of the mods folder the Server is just crashing - without any crash report or log entries. I could realy need some help :)
Yes remove JourneyMap mod from the Server mod files. it got packed together with the server for some reason (i was tired alright? So i messed that)

About the crash... Cant really help without logs

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
I dont get any log either- thats the problem. Do you have any suggestions would could cause the problem on the server as it is if you download it from the Launcher? Maybe theres something about the server that needs to be done first. Or if you would be realy nice, try it out yourself and see if it works for you :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Before I vote, can someone tell me what loading times they get for a) Binnie's in, and b) Binnie's out

If its only a 20% improvement, might as well leave Binnie's in. If it were an option, I'd probably vote for "leave Binnie's in but disabled by default." I'm given to understand that Gendustry is a wussy version of Binnie's.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
i have spent like 3h mining for tin now, i'm in the over world, at level 70.. Am i in the wrong place or is it just insanely hard to find tin? :)

You are much better off finding a mountainous biome (or several) and running around looking at exposed stone. The tin veins are very large and will show up in the mountain sides. Be careful - the tin texture looks kind of like regular stone, so it can be easy to miss. I find myself carefully inspecting spots that 'don't look quite right' in the hopes that they are tin ore.

I believe tin generated at heights 80-120, but I also heard rumors that its floor is being lowered.

I find running around mountainous biomes to be much less frustrating than tunneling early-game. Once you find yourself one tetrahedrite and one tin vein, you should be set for the entire bronze age.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Lets start with some information: GT tin generation has been lowered, but that happened in 5.06 (v1.1.9 of the pack has 5.05). That means in the next pack update, the Tin height generation will be changed = new chunks only.

Now something REALLY bad.... After updating the pack to test version of v1.1.10 all items and blocks from ExtrabiomesXL are gone. New chunks are fine, but everything that has been already generated has been deleted. So the question is. Update EXBXL and push the modpack v2.0.0 considering it Major update where old worlds will be most likely broken, or leave it as v1.1.10 but we will be stuck on the current EXBXL version, so if some bugs will be found... there will never be a fix.