[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah so, the next broken link is the magnetized rod to make the motors for the Steam Turbine...how the heck do you magnetize iron without power?

EDIT: SOLVED: So yeah...I didn't see it in NEI, it's 4 redstone and an iron rod.

Say, what's the best way to get redstone early in the game? Small restone ore from the depths? ...because that will take a while.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Other than cheating in duct tape, is there a way to fix machines so they will work without you needing a soldering iron?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Other than cheating in duct tape, is there a way to fix machines so they will work without you needing a soldering iron?
GregoriusT said:
Q: I cant fix all of the Problems in my Multiblock for starting it, HALP!
A: Go start the Multiblock anyways. It will run as long as there is at least one solved Problem. And when you reach MV Tier you can use Duct Tape. Also the next people who ask that get banned for two reasons, 1. Didn't read Q/A and 2. You didn't check if it would run with that Problem being still there.
From Q/A (READ IT) -> http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/qa.txt

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
This is why i dont ask many questions about stuff like that unless it really bugs me... because the answer always makes me feel retarded. lol :rolleyes:

Reactions: Grove

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been able to make EIO pipes draw fluid from a GT fluid extractor?

Not able to run game to test, but I know from experience the GT machines will only insert or extract fluids from the top or bottom. The sides don't work.

My usual setup is:

Rear : power
Top : insert items and fluids
Bottom : extract items and fluids

The eIO conduits are great for this : you can have an item and a fluid conduit sharing the same block.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else been able to make EIO pipes draw fluid from a GT fluid extractor?
Incase no ones already answered this, they need to be extracted from the left or right side ive found. No idea why but the front doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Sbinite is what youre actually looking for, it comes from tetrahedrite nodes - its the black colored ore.

For the really adventerous, you can also Rock Crush the Tetrahedrite for a 10% chance at antimony. Rock Crusher is kind of expensive early-game, though. Lots of steel and takes a lot of MJ power to run. But, far easier to just macerate the Stibnite ore.

And, I have to say I really love EXBL with this ore-gen. I found a Tetrahedrite vein waaaaay up at around Y=110 or so in a beautiful EXBL biome that has lakes, trees, cliffs, and floating/disconnected pieces of land way up high. Well, there was a large cavity beneath the Tetrahedrite vein, and lurking in the dark cavity were monsters. As I'm making my way up, I'm getting shot by a skeleton. As I try to angle to get the skelton, a zombie comes up. While I'm busy with the zombie, I get shot off the side of the cliff by the skelton and plunge to my death.

It took about half a day to get there. So, next time, I come better prepared, build my access a little further way, dispatch with the monsters, mind the Tetrahedrite for over an MC day, and when I'm done, I build a "diving platform" out of cobblestone, and end a hard's day of mining with a dive and a swim in the lake.

Long story short : the Stibnite, Copper, and Tetrahedrite ore in my chest have good memories now :)[DOUBLEPOST=1415019379][/DOUBLEPOST]
Incase no ones already answered this, they need to be extracted from the left or right side ive found. No idea why but the front doesn't seem to work.

Huh. I could have sworn the sides didn't work for fluid extraction. I'll have to try that next time in-game.[DOUBLEPOST=1415019551][/DOUBLEPOST]Question : How best to find Gold ?

I've found a good 6 or so Magnetite veins, but no Gold Ore mixed in with those veins as far as I could tell. I mined several stacks of Magnetite out of those veins, too, and no Gold Ore I could find hidden behind them. The only Gold I've found so far are from the few Small Gold Ore blocks I've found.

I'm tempted to centrifuge lava just to get gold. That's at least reliable.

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
For the really adventerous, you can also Rock Crush the Tetrahedrite for a 10% chance at antimony. Rock Crusher is kind of expensive early-game, though. Lots of steel and takes a lot of MJ power to run. But, far easier to just macerate the Stibnite ore.

And, I have to say I really love EXBL with this ore-gen. I found a Tetrahedrite vein waaaaay up at around Y=110 or so in a beautiful EXBL biome that has lakes, trees, cliffs, and floating/disconnected pieces of land way up high. Well, there was a large cavity beneath the Tetrahedrite vein, and lurking in the dark cavity were monsters. As I'm making my way up, I'm getting shot by a skeleton. As I try to angle to get the skelton, a zombie comes up. While I'm busy with the zombie, I get shot off the side of the cliff by the skelton and plunge to my death.

It took about half a day to get there. So, next time, I come better prepared, build my access a little further way, dispatch with the monsters, mind the Tetrahedrite for over an MC day, and when I'm done, I build a "diving platform" out of cobblestone, and end a hard's day of mining with a dive and a swim in the lake.

Long story short : the Stibnite, Copper, and Tetrahedrite ore in my chest have good memories now :)[DOUBLEPOST=1415019379][/DOUBLEPOST]

Huh. I could have sworn the sides didn't work for fluid extraction. I'll have to try that next time in-game.
To be honest that sounds like an awesome place to make a base, especially if the flat floating island was an ok size.

I love making bases in and on top of cliffs but I'm pretty picky, the top of the cliff has to be flat and the cliff itself needs to be vertical - as well as the Biome itself looking awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah so, the next broken link is the magnetized rod to make the motors for the Steam Turbine...how the heck do you magnetize iron without power?

EDIT: SOLVED: So yeah...I didn't see it in NEI, it's 4 redstone and an iron rod.

Say, what's the best way to get redstone early in the game? Small restone ore from the depths? ...because that will take a while.

There are redstone ore veins, but they aren't common. I found a good 3 or 4 copper + iron veins before I found a redstone ore vein. I found it under a desert, but YMMV, of course. The reason I like desert is it's low enough that the higher ore veins won't spawn, thus increasing the chance for the lower Y-level veins like Redstone to spawn.

Once you find 1 Redstone ore vein, you will reasonably be set for a long, long time, perhaps the entire game.[DOUBLEPOST=1415020602][/DOUBLEPOST]Question : Best early-game re-usable (re-chargeable) battery ? I haven't found Lithium yet AFAIK (NEI doesn't show any alternative Lithium processing chains for the ores I have, AFAIK). Stibnite and thus Antimony, I have. Something to fill it with, I have not.

Sodium ? Lead-acid ?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Question : Best early-game re-usable (re-chargeable) battery ? I haven't found Lithium yet AFAIK (NEI doesn't show any alternative Lithium processing chains for the ores I have, AFAIK). Stibnite and thus Antimony, I have. Something to fill it with, I have not.

Sodium is easy to get hold of, all you need is water.
Lithium needs MV, but it can be extracted from clay.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say i finally got bees to start working! of all things they only accept mushrooms :(... as far as i know mushrooms isn't flowers.. i got like 130 bees now (thank you forestry bee bag) this all worked because NEI showed under marshy queen that she required mushrooms, not flowers :)

The machine says flowers, NEI says mushroom.. stupid machine.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is why i dont ask many questions about stuff like that unless it really bugs me... because the answer always makes me feel retarded. lol :rolleyes:

I don't think SpwnX attached the "banning" part to be an ass (that's not his style). That doesn't even apply to this forum. That's greg pushing his weight around.

I've found a good 6 or so Magnetite veins, but no Gold Ore mixed in with those veins as far as I could tell. I mined several stacks of Magnetite out of those veins, too, and no Gold Ore I could find hidden behind them. The only Gold I've found so far are from the few Small Gold Ore blocks I've found.

I'm tempted to centrifuge lava just to get gold. That's at least reliable.
* Centrifuging lava isn't a bad way early game. I haven't tried it yet in current world (getting enough loose small gold it hasn't been an issue) but definitely a good idea. I seem to recall you'd prefer to avoid it for personal reasons (exploity)
* Mob farm. Dunno if you have the infrastructure to automate it yet. If you do, you recall how much gold we got from armor/weapon drops.
* Thaumcraft I gather?
* IC2 crops, but its near the end of the chain and annoying to get to (especially if you're accustomed to more user-friendly bee infrastructure)

Its weird that you've found 6 Magnetite and no gold. Almost every magnetite I find has gold. Are you able to craft the, um, chemical bath or whatever machine that turns crushed magnetite into 0.7 gold? (you may be lacking the necessary chemicals for that too)
Not able to run game to test, but I know from experience the GT machines will only insert or extract fluids from the top or bottom. The sides don't work.

The eIO conduits are great for this : you can have an item and a fluid conduit sharing the same block.

Didn't we extract fluids from GT machines all the time from the top?

You can wrench GT machines to face its "output" dot, and then click the GUI option on left side to autoput fluids. Would this help?

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've had enough gold so far for the little bits here and there I've needed. But, I'd like to start eIO and for that, you need a lot of gold. 4 gold per basic capacitor, 2 capacitors for just an AlloySmelter to get started with. Then, to make 1 capacitor battery block takes a *ton* of gold.

Mob farm, aye. Fun to play around with vanilla mechanics. However, we did that last world. Will do that if need be.

Haven't done the chemical bath early-game, though. That's very GT. In general, trying to stick to GT as much as possible.

And, you'll be shocked about this one : I probably won't do bees beyond a few for tree breeding and some to make small quantities of wax and propolis. I'll take a break this world from big-time bee breeding :)

I will, however, focus on Thaumcraft. Would like to see if the Arcane Bore can be made to do large-scale mining.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And, you'll be shocked about this one : I probably won't do bees beyond a few for tree breeding and some to make small quantities of wax and propolis. I'll take a break this world from big-time bee breeding :)

I will, however, focus on Thaumcraft. Would like to see if the Arcane Bore can be made to do large-scale mining.
Its fun to try different things. I wish I could say I'm doing that, but instead I'm just doing GT again. Which makes me happy :)

One of the nice things about new GT is that most of the "late game" machines now have early-game variations, so that chemical bath thing might actually work (and as you know, the world is filthy with magnetite). Centrifuging is probably more reliable at this point.

One of the issues Ben and I had with the bore was automating it to replace the pick it needed. Curious if you can work around it.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I remember that. Did you guys try golems ?

If that doesn't work, then will use multiple bores in parallel to spread the durability damage load to lengthen service intervals. Also, multiple in parallel will mine that much faster :)

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019

If that doesn't work, then will use multiple bores in parallel to spread the durability damage load to lengthen service intervals. Also, multiple in parallel will mine that much faster :)
I actually thought about making a golem factory at one point. Imagine a dozen of golems all running around and working the machines.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Did not try golems. Maybe that would work, but I would be a bit worried about them wandering into a hole somewhere.