[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Before I vote, can someone tell me what loading times they get for a) Binnie's in, and b) Binnie's out

If its only a 20% improvement, might as well leave Binnie's in. If it were an option, I'd probably vote for "leave Binnie's in but disabled by default." I'm given to understand that Gendustry is a wussy version of Binnie's.
Binnie in = 10 minutes +/-
Binnie out = 3 minutes

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
You are much better off finding a mountainous biome (or several) and running around looking at exposed stone. The tin veins are very large and will show up in the mountain sides. Be careful - the tin texture looks kind of like regular stone, so it can be easy to miss. I find myself carefully inspecting spots that 'don't look quite right' in the hopes that they are tin ore.

I believe tin generated at heights 80-120, but I also heard rumors that its floor is being lowered.

I find running around mountainous biomes to be much less frustrating than tunneling early-game. Once you find yourself one tetrahedrite and one tin vein, you should be set for the entire bronze age.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

i will try that! Thank for the tip man! :) I wll also start digging on 80+ then for tin when i have fond a bit to get started!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Binnie in = 10 minutes +/-
Binnie out = 3 minutes
Huh.

Its a bit of a Sophie's choice for me. Gonna abstain because I think bees are workable in this pack, even viewed as a hardcore pack, with the right scripting. On the other hand, a half-decent loadup time will be preferred to a wider audience. I don't like my choices :p

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Lets start with some information: GT tin generation has been lowered, but that happened in 5.06 (v1.1.9 of the pack has 5.05). That means in the next pack update, the Tin height generation will be changed = new chunks only.

Now something REALLY bad.... After updating the pack to test version of v1.1.10 all items and blocks from ExtrabiomesXL are gone. New chunks are fine, but everything that has been already generated has been deleted. So the question is. Update EXBXL and push the modpack v2.0.0 considering it Major update where old worlds will be most likely broken, or leave it as v1.1.10 but we will be stuck on the current EXBXL version, so if some bugs will be found... there will never be a fix.
Meh, I didn't get that far anyway, if we're going to update something, might as well be now before I'm too invested.

Reactions: Grove

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I didn't get that far anyway, if we're going to update something, might as well be now before I'm too invested.
Some ppl started the worlds without BoP and they had only EXBXL. That would cause whole orchards..... GONE.... This is quite tough decision.

Update = lost stuff
Not update = never be fixed bugs in EXBXL; no extra features; no updates of EXBXL

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
But what would be the profit from a update now? I meen, i know there is like 20 mods that are "out of date" and have a newer vertion up for grab. But what would we get from updating those mods right now?
Is here any major buggfixes or just minor stuff?

If there is just minor stuff, we can keep playing on the 1.1.6 and 1.1.9 vertions ppl are on atm, and relese the updated EXBXL vertion later when it weights more heavily?

Sorry, but i'm not realy that informed on what the update might bring us..

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Exact biomes (like forest biome etc) probably not. But biomes composed with a lot of EXBXL blocks are.... well... just a huge floating nothing

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
But what would be the profit from a update now? I meen, i know there is like 20 mods that are "out of date" and have a newer vertion up for grab. But what would we get from updating those mods right now?
Is here any major buggfixes or just minor stuff?

If there is just minor stuff, we can keep playing on the 1.1.6 and 1.1.9 vertions ppl are on atm, and relese the updated EXBXL vertion later when it weights more heavily?

Sorry, but i'm not realy that informed on what the update might bring us..
Buildcraft has updated to 6.1 and is now fully supporting RF power
Logisticpipes updated and are fully supporting RF power
PneumaticCraft updated and have a way of using RF power for generating pressure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My 2 cents: biome bugs are pretty rare. Stay with the current version going forward. If you ever decide to do an IF2 (probably not?) then roll out the new version then.

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft has updated to 6.1 and is now fully supporting RF power
Logisticpipes updated and are fully supporting RF power
PneumaticCraft updated and have a way of using RF power for generating pressure

That is indeed something i would conside a major update tho.. Will benefit the pack alot tbh.
And i just build a super cool base up between two mountains! xD Make the base feel usless now! :p

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents: biome bugs are pretty rare. Stay with the current version going forward. If you ever decide to do an IF2 (probably not?) then roll out the new version then.

But the problem is that the forge will need to be updated to update the other mods, and that will make the biomes mods to be unsupported, or am i missing something?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
But the problem is that the forge will need to be updated to update the other mods, and that will make the biomes mods to be unsupported, or am i missing something?
I didn't consider that. Guess we shouldn't bank on being stuck on 1208 forever (I think we're still on 1208)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't consider that. Guess we shouldn't bank on being stuck on 1208 forever (I think we're still on 1208)
Nah we are on latest 1232.

I think I will risk it. Forge for 1.8 is already being developed, so.... there is a chance that new 1.7.10 forge versions won't be

Mysbubblan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a rought topic and its never fun to have to make a decition on those kind of things. However i think the best is to start over sooner then later.. :/

Btw, Jason, i added tinkers to the pack. ( i know you dont have support for me when i add extra mods).. but.. yeah.. The problem is that if i die, the meta values of the tinker tools are getting broken and they become useless. Will that be fixed if i update to 1.1.9? What do you think?