[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
how we can speed up the loading? and that at each start GregT brakes on one and the same ore convertion

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
how we can speed up the loading? and that at each start GregT brakes on one and the same ore convertion
You cant. lol. GT has to configure everything on each load, but the first one is always the longest.

Actually you can. Disable Binnie mods (those are the ones causing problem)[DOUBLEPOST=1414711546][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, trying to upgrade to 1.1.9 I get a ticking entity crash. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/G5qAT1nT
It previously hit some Project Zulu mobs, so I disabled those and now it's crashing on a vanilla mob. I have all the optional mods enabled.
Might be good to report it to mr. @noogenesis (if he is not lurking in here somehwere) :D[DOUBLEPOST=1414711741][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and one more thing. I created a simple Mod Suggestion page on our website, so if you want some mod to appear in the pack: http://infinity-minecraft.co.uk/suggest is a good place to start

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the thaumcraft suggestion guys! it helped me greatly and i can see some hope now :) ...

One problem still: Is there a specific way of getting ignis vis in my basic (or non-basic) wands?

I get all the other vis but not ignis :(

I'm guessing i'm just unlucky... or i need to visit a auranode.. maybe below the surface.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, on your next update, please update PFAA. The bugs users are experiencing are now fixed.
Thanks for letting me know. Will do :)
Thanks for the thaumcraft suggestion guys! it helped me greatly and i can see some hope now :) ...

One problem still: Is there a specific way of getting ignis vis in my basic (or non-basic) wands?

I get all the other vis but not ignis :(

I'm guessing i'm just unlucky... or i need to visit a auranode.. maybe below the surface.
One of the ways in early game to get vis is just by killing mobs. They drop those little glowy balls, indicating collection of vis. Or just find an aura node in deserts or other "hot" biomes

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm that manually updating PFAA to 0.2.16 fixes the crashes I had, and 1.1.9 is running fine. Thanks for the quick response!

Reactions: MigukNamja

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I would like to know. I'm far enough into my world I don't want to start over, but depending on what PFAA does, I might consider it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone please explain what PFAA does to oregen? Thanks!
It replaces all the ores in the world with its own (similiar like GT is doing it with vanilla ores)
Although the generation is bit diferent. It doesnt generate huge veins in 3x3 chunks, its more close to vanilla generation but still bit better. I got from one vein around of a stack of copper, 20 zinc some tungsten and other minor minerals.

I guess @noogenesis will provide better explanation, since he is the one who provided me with the completed configs for InfiTech pack.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-posted from simple Q&A thread so people in this pack can provide advice:

Can GregTech 5.x tools be enchanted, and if so, how? I was told that GT equivalents to vanilla tools (pick, shovel, axe) could be, but I couldn't make it work in the vanilla enchanting table.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-posted from simple Q&A thread so people in this pack can provide advice:

Can GregTech 5.x tools be enchanted, and if so, how? I was told that GT equivalents to vanilla tools (pick, shovel, axe) could be, but I couldn't make it work in the vanilla enchanting table.

Not AFAIK. *However*, there are tools like the Thaumcraft axe that must be made using a GT-style recipe that are enchantable. Note the Thaumcraft axe is different than the GT axe made using Thaumium Plates/Ingots. I mention the GT axe made using Thaumium because it's a kick-ass axe that comes with enchantments *already*. Ditto the GT pickaxe made using Thaumium.

Some very, very cool early-game tools can be made using Thaumcraft shards. I think the Entropy shards might be the best. Those come with really cool enchantments.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not AFAIK. *However*, there are tools like the Thaumcraft axe that must be made using a GT-style recipe that are enchantable. Note the Thaumcraft axe is different than the GT axe made using Thaumium Plates/Ingots. I mention the GT axe made using Thaumium because it's a kick-ass axe that comes with enchantments *already*. Ditto the GT pickaxe made using Thaumium.

Some very, very cool early-game tools can be made using Thaumcraft shards. I think the Entropy shards might be the best. Those come with really cool enchantments.

Yeah, I spent some time in NEI looking thru all the GregTech hammers and pickaxes... you'd be surprised, some materials provide automatic enchants like Silk Touch and Fortune III. Of course, they're all probably end-game ores, nothing that you can have access to early on when you really need the enchantments the most. Since some tools have enchantments built right in, that would tell me (I would ass-u-me) that you cannot enchant GT tools manually. If you want enchantments, go find that valuable ore and make it out of that material.

But another thing I found while going thru NEI is that you can make GT tools out of the Thaumcraft shards - those ores that I always thought were pretty useless and didn't even bother digging them up? Not anymore! I make my tools out of them now, they're good and durable and best of all, I'm not using my precious metal ingots, I can save those for making machines and stuff. Believe it or not, they make level 3 GT tools which is the same level as a diamond pickaxe so an earth shard pickaxe can break obsidian! No need to waste 3 diamonds just to be able to get to the Nether. I think those shards are the best material now for all my tools, they are quite plentiful in the world.

Last edited:

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
How about dark steel? I am considering making some picks out of the 18 or so ingots I have lying around from dungeons. Is there something better to do with found Dark Steel pre Electric Age?

I am also thinking that finding Railcraft tools like steel shovels in temples is more helpful than we think, because they can probably be enchanted.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft shards - those ores that I always thought were pretty useless and didn't even bother digging them up? Not anymore! I make my tools out of them now

Oh...oh...beautiful Thaumcraft shards. How unloved you are !

A little part of the OCD Thaumaturgist inside me dies every time someone turns shards into GT tools.

*sniff*

Reactions: Pyure

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
What else do you use the Shards for? I've played all the way through the Thaumcraft tech tree multiple times and I don't think I've found much use for them. I have stacks and stacks of them because I OCD mine everything, but aside from decoration and a couple crafting recipes they don't seem all that useful. I use far more as Gregtech tools than anything directly related to Thaumcraft.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Early-game, I can't get enough of them. I need them to surround the research table and to stabilize the Infusion Alter if I don't want to cheese it and just spam candles.

Mid-game, I use them for travel blocks and warding blocks. I take all the doors off my base and put 1 or 2 layers of warding blocks at the entrance. Between all buildings and inside the buildings in commonly-traveled areas, I'll put the travel blocks. I'll also use them to make the grey shards in TC 4.2 to make the wands components and other mid-game Thaumcraft stuff.

Late-game, they suffer from the usual Minecraft resource problem : rare and highly desirable early game, but inventory-consuming and eventually ignored late-game.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, yes. I've never done much building with the TC blocks, that's probably why I don't use many. Everytime I research the travel blocks, I think, "I should make a speedy road using these," but I never actually do.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
They are very fast, faster than even a max-enchanted Boots of the Traveler. Now, when you're wearing the boots *and* you're using the Traveler's stones, it's sick how fast you move.

Trust me - you want to at least try it. It's a blast.

Reactions: Pyure