[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just found a village that consists of one villager, one building, one well, and one little field of wheat in front of his house. I thought villages were required to be "x" number of doors, etc?

Also, did anybody look to see if this is v5.6 of GT with the tin ore spawning down to elev. 40?
I just checked, it is version 5.05.13, so tin is still 60-120 I guess.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just found a village that consists of one villager, one building, one well, and one little field of wheat in front of his house. I thought villages were required to be "x" number of doors, etc?

Also, did anybody look to see if this is v5.6 of GT with the tin ore spawning down to elev. 40?
I just checked, it is version 5.05.13, so tin is still 60-120 I guess.
The tin thing isn't that big a deal. Frankly, tin is easier to find than most low-elevation ores since you just need to run towards high elevation and you'll find it in short order, invisible-texture notwithstanding.

My bigger concern would be on servers where people are competing for resources. Suddenly, if you find tin, you better mine it fast or put up a sign saying "ye olde tin, propertee of pyure."

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The tin thing isn't that big a deal. Frankly, tin is easier to find than most low-elevation ores since you just need to run towards high elevation and you'll find it in short order, invisible-texture notwithstanding.

My bigger concern would be on servers where people are competing for resources. Suddenly, if you find tin, you better mine it fast or put up a sign saying "ye olde tin, propertee of pyure."

Agreed, which is why I generally always play SSP. SMP is a wonderful idea that often doesn't work out very well... whether its a world border, competing for non-infinite resources, griefing, lag (gotta break each block twice or more) or many banned items... SSP is just better IMO, even if it is kinda lonely sometimes.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I pondered PFAA on my recent server reboot, but I can't get over how ugly the textures are. To the mod author's credit, he freely admits the textures aren't beautiful and has solicited for help to make them look better. He seems like a great guy.
@noogenesis is one of those mod devs who actually cares about players. He helped me with making an easy integration of PFAA to the modpack, with simple to use config files.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, which is why I generally always play SSP. SMP is a wonderful idea that often doesn't work out very well... whether its a world border, competing for non-infinite resources, griefing, lag (gotta break each block twice or more) or many banned items... SSP is just better IMO, even if it is kinda lonely sometimes.
yeah, i discovered the hard way that i cant play on the dev server, seeing as how its hosted in Europe and im in Canada :p

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
played in modpack HardC in her bucket ethanol gave 128k eU, which makes it appropriate to production. Is it possible to increase the energy intensity of ethanol? At least twice (64k eU)

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I'm kinda new here, hosting little SMP server for myself and few friends of mine... we started like week ago or so, whatever... we got into steam age just fine, then I decided to start moving to basic LV electricity, and what I noticed... I had resources to craft CESU... which is actually way easier to get than batbox.

Aaaaaaand my question is... am I missing something? or it's just meant to be this way, just to skip batbox? (I'm newb to GregTech btw)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Minecarts, anyone?

Everybody says that, but I'd like to see how people do it, because to me it seems like far more work than its worth to run a rail line from your base out to every oil geyser you find. I do collect every piece of rail I can find in abandoned mineshafts because I do like to use trains... but please realize what we're talking about here. An oil geyser can be tapped dry by one IC2 pump within a few hours... so why does everybody suggest running a train out to each one to carry the oil back to base? You mean build a train line, use it for one day, then either leave it all behind, or pick it all up immediately and lay it down elsewhere at the next oil geyser? Sure, that can be done, but... really? Tesseracts are worth their weight in Iridium ore. :)

Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I think hes more talking about items, i understand that fluids (ie oil) might be a little less cost effective moving them with a railcraft system, certainly with the amount of tank cars you would need.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I'm kinda new here, hosting little SMP server for myself and few friends of mine... we started like week ago or so, whatever... we got into steam age just fine, then I decided to start moving to basic LV electricity, and what I noticed... I had resources to craft CESU... which is actually way easier to get than batbox.

Aaaaaaand my question is... am I missing something? or it's just meant to be this way, just to skip batbox? (I'm newb to GregTech btw)

GregTech now intends for power storage to be done in GT batteries, which there are many different kinds of. You place them into GT Battery Buffers, which there are also many different kinds of. The Batbox and CESU are IC2 blocks, not GregTech blocks, and thus they use "IC2 electricity" while GT uses "GT electricity". The two electricities are similar, but different, and requires a conversion between them (the GT transformers do the conversion automatically). So if your setup is mainly GT machines, then use all GT blocks, that's what the intent is, anyways. You can still run an IC2 setup of course, it's still in the modpack... or even a mixed IC2/GT setup, just realize there are differences and if you're going to mix IC2 stuff with GT stuff you're going to have to be careful about your power lines and use those GT transformers where needed. See this wiki:
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech/Electricity

It sounds like this might be more of a question of modpack balance, but I'll leave that for Jason to decide, it's his baby. For me, I love GT so I try to use all GT stuff in my builds and only go to IC2 for stuff that Greg forgot about (like the Pump block). I skipped CESU/MFSU and use GT batteries exclusively.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in Waterloo, Ontario, and I get acceptable lag. Weird.
Im in Alberta and it seems that everything i do that has to leave Canada, has to go through the states - and AT&T has a shitty backbone - can play on dev, but im usually seated around 700+m/s - you get tired of it after having creepers blow you up a few times cause you lagged at a bad point.

Reactions: Pyure

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech intends for power storage to be done in GT batteries, which there are many different kinds of. You place them into GT Battery Buffers, which there are also many different kinds of. The Batbox and CESU are IC2 blocks, not GregTech blocks, and thus they use "IC2 electricity" while GT uses "GT electricity". The two electricities are similar, but different, and requires a conversion between them (the GT transformers do the conversion automatically).

You can run an IC2 setup of course, it's still in the modpack... just realize there are differences and if you're going to mix IC2 stuff with GT stuff you're going to have to be careful about your power lines and use those GT transformers where needed. See this wiki:
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech/Electricity

Oh, thank you very much for the answer, I realize there is GTEU and IC2EU (but we could say, they're compatible, more or less at least, conversion is 1 : 1 and such) :p

I got transformers and so on, it's working, but still, I can use CESU later, as 2nd tier power source with GT for the price of few bronze plates, and I was concerned more about the "balance" than proper usage, but still I am amazed, you answered covering all those things in, and did it in 30 minutes lol, thanks again.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
So, trying to upgrade to 1.1.9 I get a ticking entity crash. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/G5qAT1nT
It previously hit some Project Zulu mobs, so I disabled those and now it's crashing on a vanilla mob. I have all the optional mods enabled.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, thank you very much for the answer, I realize there is GTEU and IC2EU (but we could say, they're compatible, more or less at least, conversion is 1 : 1 and such) :p

I got transformers and so on, it's working, but still, I can use CESU later, as 2nd tier power source with GT for the price of few bronze plates, and I was concerned more about the "balance" than proper usage, but still I am amazed, you answered covering all those things in, and did it in 30 minutes lol, thanks again.

LOL you're welcome and its because I'm reading and typing (i.e. wasting time) when I should be playing instead. But yeah a week ago I was a GT5 noob and now I'm handing out the tips so... I guess I've gotten my play-time in somehow. :) It's just what everybody does here, tries to help each other out, just trying to do my little part too!

I think reporting potential balancing issues is a very good use of this thread, so I'll thank you for doing that, hopefully Jason or someone will look at it. Since IC2 power and GT power are so similar, you're right, it's very easy to connect one to the other, so balance is def important between the two mods (and between all the power-creation methods).

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Warning for server owners. For some reason the JourneyMap 5 got into the server files. Remove it, or your server will not start.

Heh, yeah. I did that when I noticed JourneyMap was throwing a "wrong side" error. It rang a bell. I think I tried to do the same thing with JourneyMap on my own and got the same error.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Everybody says that, but I'd like to see how people do it, because to me it seems like far more work than its worth to run a rail line from your base out to every oil geyser you find. I do collect every piece of rail I can find in abandoned mineshafts because I do like to use trains... but please realize what we're talking about here. An oil geyser can be tapped dry by one IC2 pump within a few hours... so why does everybody suggest running a train out to each one to carry the oil back to base? You mean build a train line, use it for one day, then either leave it all behind, or pick it all up immediately and lay it down elsewhere at the next oil geyser? Sure, that can be done, but... really? Tesseracts are worth their weight in Iridium ore. :)
Welp, you'll continue said line till you find a new geyser/new place to quarry up. Tesseracts seem a little too cheaty anyway, just teleporting stuff everywhere, and at the low cost of nothing (power takes an efficiency hit, but items/fluids don't) .

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
played in modpack HardC in her bucket ethanol gave 128k eU, which makes it appropriate to production. Is it possible to increase the energy intensity of ethanol? At least twice (64k eU)

128k EU sounds like the Forestry Biofuel Generator (the white Forestry machine). You can increase that via Forestry configs, ex:

Code:
minecraft@server:~/Infinity2/config/forestry/gamemodes$ grep -i ethanol.generator *.conf
EASY.conf:fuel.ethanol.generator=1.0
HARD.conf:fuel.ethanol.generator=0.75
NORMAL.conf:fuel.ethanol.generator=0.75
OP.conf:fuel.ethanol.generator=4.0
[DOUBLEPOST=1414703482][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, trying to upgrade to 1.1.9 I get a ticking entity crash. Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/G5qAT1nT
It previously hit some Project Zulu mobs, so I disabled those and now it's crashing on a vanilla mob. I have all the optional mods enabled.

Code:
at org.pfaa.block.CompositeBlock.func_149645_b(CompositeBlock.java:172)

Try disabling PFAA. Sorry if you like PFAA :-(