[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Load the launcher up
click the tab that says "options"
go to the button at the bottom of the page that says "Advanced options" and click it.
Copy the JVM arguments i listed in my quote and paste them into the area that says "Additional Java Parameters"
Click Exit and then try running a game :p

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks got it now.

@Grove ; @Jason McRay
There seems to be a problem with the Infinity Team site. I tried logging into my account on there and it will log in but it goes to the regular website that says at the top that you need to log in. I wanted to finish my application to be on the dev test team. Ill be sending you a message with my login info to see if something is up with the page.

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what version of Java (64-bit I assume) does this work with exactly? Because for reasons whose origins I can not seem to track down correctly in my head, I went and updated Java to version 8. Twice Three times, I've encountered some sort of issue loading it up during the start-up process. I'm still trying to play version 1.1.6, so nothing different there...

Edit: I'm going to try and... go back to Java 7. See if that helps...

Last edited:

Hazado

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what version of Java (64-bit I assume) does this work with exactly? Because for reasons whose origins I can not seem to track down correctly in my head, I went and updated Java to version 8. Twice Three times, I've encountered some sort of issue loading it up during the start-up process. I'm still trying to play version 1.1.6, so nothing different there...

Edit: I'm going to try and... go back to Java 7. See if that helps...
Try java 8_20. The newer version are not liked by forge i believe.
I use 8_20 myself and it works great

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
All right, hold on. I'll just link the crash reports here, and maybe that'll help us get to the bottom to this. Something went wrong. I just don't know what. I'm not savvy in the ways of code, nor am I good at deciphering these crash reports. I barely even know what to look for when these things pop-up.

Also, where exactly might I get that version?

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-27_21.48.18-client.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 53
  • crash-2014-10-27_21.41.44-client.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 58
  • crash-2014-10-27_21.35.41-client.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
All right. I've installed jre8u11 (java runtime environment update 11), as suggested on that reddit page, onto a different folder, and changed the whatever read file/trail of folders or files or whatever in the options, so that it'd use java from that specific with that specific version of java (so in short, it'll use that version of java, which reddit says is fine). All that's left is to see whether or not it'll work now (and hopefully, end up managing to load up/start up faster then usual, assuming dreams like that do come true. It's entirelly plausible; when I checked before I changed anything java related, I was apparently using java 7, update 40, which apparently was a rather dated version of java).

So far, the console's stopped at this, which while it ends up being the longest pause in lack of activity for the console, does usually mean that once it gets past that gigapause, I'm good to go.
[gregtech.common.GT_Proxy:registerRecipes:989]: Thingy Name: honeyDrop !!!Unknown 'Thingy' detected!!! This Object seems to probably not follow a valid OreDictionary Convention, or I missed a Convention. Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, an Issue nor a Lag Source, it is just an Information, which you should pass to me.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also installing java8_11 because someone wrote the following on this forum page: "In my experience, updating to Java 8 makes more of a performance improvement than these command line options, but using both is ideal."

Anything to make the game run smoother is worth a shot. I have also still been using java7 because I thought all java 8 was off-limits for minecrafting.

Well first try was a total fail. Clicking "Play Selected World" resulted in... my desktop? LOL I just ran vanilla Minecraft with j8_11 and the java arguments, seems working fine. Guess I'll try InfiTech again... Yep, second try and InfiTech is working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herrminator1994

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
In my mind (as addled and quirky as it might be), it apparently made sense in my mind that Java 8 meant it was for Windows 8. Which probably was really just a bunch of bull I made up in my mind? No clue really.

A few unrelated things: how exactly did you people choose to progress when you started playing? I apparently decided to go through Thaumcraft, but so far, I don't even have any Gregtech machines. This is shocking because the whole point I started playing this was because it had gregtech in it!

Also... it's still loading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove

Hazado

Jul 29, 2019
In my mind (as addled and quirky as it might be), it apparently made sense in my mind that Java 8 meant it was for Windows 8. Which probably was really just a bunch of bull I made up in my mind? No clue really.

A few unrelated things: how exactly did you people choose to progress when you started playing? I apparently decided to go through Thaumcraft, but so far, I don't even have any Gregtech machines. This is shocking because the whole point I started playing this was because it had gregtech in it!

Yes, takes forever for it to load for me as well.
Thats gregtech going through all the mods I think

Reactions: Herrminator1994

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Trust me i tried all that. when i say i cant do anything with the console that means i cant click on it, its not responding, nothing on it works. ill take a screen shot of it or even record a video of it but trust me when i say that it doesnt do anything unless i kill it with task manager. otherwise it just sits there overheating my computer until it either dies or i kill it.

Edit: still doesnt work. tried it 3 times after letting it get to that point 3 different times.

Edit #2: it seems to work quite a bit better when i have java compressing all the information cause it looks to me that it runs out of space ( i have it set to the 5.75 gb setting on the launcher, i went to the java program and tripled the amount of memory and ram it was allowed to use and i set it to compress the memory)

Once you've tried that if you still crash the logs will be saved in the FTB>infitech2>logs folder. All logs from FTB console and the pack save in this folder such as the crash reports, FML log, etc, if memory serves. Try finding them and uploading to GitHub if you can and we'll try to help the best we can.
Fingers crossed Java args work for you though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks got it now.

@Grove ; @Jason McRay
There seems to be a problem with the Infinity Team site. I tried logging into my account on there and it will log in but it goes to the regular website that says at the top that you need to log in. I wanted to finish my application to be on the dev test team. Ill be sending you a message with my login info to see if something is up with the page.

Replied to your message, please read it :)

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

I'm much more of a technical gregtech person, I've never managed to get my head around the whole magic wizardry stuff!

When you first get into greg tech you'll need steam, Bronze Age stuff completely runs off steam. I'd advise getting quite a few Bronze solar panels (can't remember the exact name) but they give you free steam basically when provided with water. You'll need to be able to store the steam for future use though because you'll easily run out of steam at night with no buffer.

Before all that I'd get a good food supply going (create a red power back pack for carry food on mining trips), get a few TC pickaxes going then go on an epic mining trip. You'll need loads of iron, copper and tin to start off to get your way through the Bronze Age.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Before all that I'd get a good food supply going (create a red power back pack for carry food on mining trips), get a few TC pickaxes going then go on an epic mining trip. You'll need loads of iron, copper and tin to start off to get your way through the Bronze Age.
When he says lots, he isnt kidding.
Building the basic blast furnace alone is what, 192+ bronze plates, just be thankful the bricks made for that can be recycled into a bronze boiler lol.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
When he says lots, he isnt kidding.
Building the basic blast furnace alone is what, 192+ bronze plates, just be thankful the bricks made for that can be recycled into a bronze boiler lol.

I have both of them running so I needed to make even more bronze brick blocks! I'm not going to do the math on how many bronze ingots that is because it's just depressing!

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I wish all mods have a block description for NEI! like the enderio...(?) mod (or extra utilities ?) you look up the recipe for a block or item and if you switch pages for different ways to craft that item you eventually get to item description! this is a must for all mods imo, this would make EVERYTHING 2 times as fun!

I mean if the forestry machines actually mentioned they don't support MJ anymore it would have saved me hours of game play trying to figure out stuff!... tho forestry might have description ... a lot of blocks i have no idea what they do and i have to watch spotlight because wikis isn't always updated (neither is spotlights but spotlights usually is a bit more updated)

By the way does anyone know open computers here? i try to mount different filesystems and it works, i even label them, but the mounts disappear if i reboot the computer, is this normal behaviour? and how do you access mounts by their labels instaid of their path directory?
I definitely don't want to access them by address or their random mount points... want to call with labels exclusively.

I got into open computers because of the adapter block, i thought it could convert power from different mods very easily but i haven't tested enough yeh BUT from what i can tell so far (probably wrong) it just allows different mods to power open computer blocks and not different mods with each others?

Can anyone please tell me how to convert enderio power into EU ?

I'm very confused here but yesterday i did a lot of progress with power convertion but there seemed to be no way to convert into gregtech volts from all the mods???
So far i think i solved BC, IC, GT powers, maybe forestry too with the electrical engine (is that the solution to RF power convertion into volts?) all the ways to convert the ones i cannot convert yet is done with Thermal Expansion and other mods we don't have in this mod pack such as power converter mod (not complaining but there SHOULD be a way to convert everything to any mods power if it is a balanced mod pack imo but i'm probably just clueless)

I haven't touched Thaumcraft at all except for the shard tools ( i like water and earth :D ) is that one way to convert power ?

I only recently learned a bit more about bees so i might get some tin protection going too!

...and is Gregtech power called volts or is it just EU?

TL;DR: I need haaaalp, i'm desperate for tin and power convertion! :'(

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how to convert enderio power into EU ?

I'm very confused here but yesterday i did a lot of progress with power convertion but there seemed to be no way to convert into gregtech volts from all the mods???
So far i think i solved BC, IC, GT powers, maybe forestry too with the electrical engine (is that the solution to RF power convertion into volts?) all the ways to convert the ones i cannot convert yet is done with Thermal Expansion and other mods we don't have in this mod pack such as power converter mod (not complaining but there SHOULD be a way to convert everything to any mods power if it is a balanced mod pack imo but i'm probably just clueless)

I need haaaalp T_T

...and is Gregtech power still called volts or is it just EU?

To convert RF(enderIO) power to EU (IC2) power you dont need anything. If you will connect the RF carrying conduit to EU consuming machine, thanks to Enetbridge the power will convert automaticaly, without the need of anything special. Same goes vice versa. If you cant connect eIO conduits to IC2 machines, please open up the issue on our github (with screenshots if possible) so we can raise the problem to appropriate mod developers.

GregTech power is still EU, but for simplicity its better to call it GTEU (since its not directly compatible with IC2 EU).[DOUBLEPOST=1414510188][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want to convert RF to GTEU, you need the GT Transformer block connected to RF conduits

Reactions: Grove and Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
To convert RF(enderIO) power to EU (IC2) power you dont need anything. If you will connect the RF carrying conduit to EU consuming machine, thanks to Enetbridge the power will convert automaticaly, without the need of anything special. Same goes vice versa. If you cant connect eIO conduits to IC2 machines, please open up the issue on our github (with screenshots if possible) so we can raise the problem to appropriate mod developers.

GregTech power is still EU, but for simplicity its better to call it GTEU (since its not directly compatible with IC2 EU).[DOUBLEPOST=1414510188][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want to convert RF to GTEU, you need the GT Transformer block connected to RF conduits

Ahhh i think i tried all the combinations with the GT transformers to blocks but maybe not to the actual conduits (probably just doesn't connect to the enderio capacitor block iirc)

I wished that the GT transformers could take in any power, is this the case and i'm just doing things wrong? (even if that isn't the case its fine, things shouldn't be too easy i guess but i REALLY like the idea about using transformers to convert power )

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I'm much more of a technical gregtech person, I've never managed to get my head around the whole magic wizardry stuff!

When you first get into greg tech you'll need steam, Bronze Age stuff completely runs off steam. I'd advise getting quite a few Bronze solar panels (can't remember the exact name) but they give you free steam basically when provided with water. You'll need to be able to store the steam for future use though because you'll easily run out of steam at night with no buffer.

But magic is simple! You just slam the thingymabob into the whooperschnitter to create the hakkaboo you need to unpreticate the raltenem.