[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

H

headsh0t_harry

Hi Guys, apologies for jumping in here, but have a quick question - I noticed the recipe flow someone kindly put together by Xavion, I'm running Infitech 2 (V.3.2.21) and am looking at a Steve's Carts mining piece, which requires the Galgadorian Drill. Looking at the flow, can I take it that if I follow this start to finish I should end up with Galgadorian Metal?

I ask as I'm A: a noob, and B: some way off making the majority of what is on the list, but would love to give it a shot, but in would hate to get 75% way through and find out something has been removed or I'm unable to finish!

Thanks in advance and thanks for the recipe flow, helps newish players like me out immensely.

IMHnVPK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, apologies for jumping in here, but have a quick question - I noticed the recipe flow someone kindly put together by Xavion, I'm running Infitech 2 (V.3.2.21) and am looking at a Steve's Carts mining piece, which requires the Galgadorian Drill. Looking at the flow, can I take it that if I follow this start to finish I should end up with Galgadorian Metal?

I ask as I'm A: a noob, and B: some way off making the majority of what is on the list, but would love to give it a shot, but in would hate to get 75% way through and find out something has been removed or I'm unable to finish!

Thanks in advance and thanks for the recipe flow, helps newish players like me out immensely.
Damn it's been a while but I remember making that, and yes that should still be fully accurate, we shouldn't have changed any of the recipes in there. That's actually pretty decent as a guide, only thing really missing is the researches. Enhanced Galgador is definitely one of the most complicated and annoying things in the pack to get though.

An important tip for steves carts, by the time you can make galgador you can also make the creative assembler upgrade which will let you craft carts instantly instead of having to wait several hours. It's a little expensive but probably a good choice if you want to make things like galgador mining carts and it's not too bad cost wise.

Reactions: headsh0t_harry

scterran

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a world download (or 5 :p) with end-game machines? Unfortunately life has taken over and I don't have time to get there myself, but I would love to explore some worlds that have built the fusion reactor, and more or less finished everything in the pack.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I have built the drilling rig, but I think it is working slower than advertised. It is taking 8 seconds per cycle, but the book says it should take 4 with an MV energy hatch. I have also looked at the current source code, which seems to say it should take

(1280 / 2^minTier) / 2^tier ticks per cycle.

minTier is always 2, and tier is the actual voltage tier, where 0=8EU/ULV, 1=32EU/LV, 2=128EU/MV

So in my case with one MV energy hatch, we have 1280 / 4 / 4 = 80 ticks per cycle, i.e. 4 seconds.

My machine is powered directly by an MV diesel generator that is burning one bucket of light fuel (256kEU) in 2 minutes, i.e. it is burning at about 128 EU/t.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? What is the exact version of GT in the pack so I can check the source for that too?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I have built the drilling rig, but I think it is working slower than advertised. It is taking 8 seconds per cycle, but the book says it should take 4 with an MV energy hatch. I have also looked at the current source code, which seems to say it should take

(1280 / 2^minTier) / 2^tier ticks per cycle.

minTier is always 2, and tier is the actual voltage tier, where 0=8EU/ULV, 1=32EU/LV, 2=128EU/MV

So in my case with one MV energy hatch, we have 1280 / 4 / 4 = 80 ticks per cycle, i.e. 4 seconds.

My machine is powered directly by an MV diesel generator that is burning one bucket of light fuel (256kEU) in 2 minutes, i.e. it is burning at about 128 EU/t.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? What is the exact version of GT in the pack so I can check the source for that too?

Just a thought - is it possible that the generator could be delivering ever so slightly short of 128EU with some loss even if it's connected directly?

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible that the generator is underperforming, but that should just make the machine shut off, as it does if it runs out of energy.

The tier is determined by how much energy the block could accept from hatches, rather than how much it actually gets.

Also, apologies I have posted this in the wrong modpack thread, I'm actually using the FtN one now.

Clarion of Loss

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a world download (or 5 :p) with end-game machines? Unfortunately life has taken over and I don't have time to get there myself, but I would love to explore some worlds that have built the fusion reactor, and more or less finished everything in the pack.

It's more late midgame than endgame, and there have been a few shortcuts. Theres a glitched stack of crystal processors, which I haven't used, even though I never had a space station, though I couldn't even etch them - I haven't made an IV laser etcher yet, though that could be next. I also don't really care for the galacticraft progression - my mining rig on mars wasn't picking up the desh. I don't fancy that particular bit of grind, so I cheated in a T3 rocket to get to asteroids.

At the moment I have decent log-> oil power production going, though most of my base power comes from steam. I built a lava summoning nethermagic thingy, and I've built a heat exchanger next to it, but I haven't felt the need to hook them up - I just haven't needed the power yet. My next major project is going to be the assembly line, though I think before I do that I'm going to put Naquada coils in my blast furnaces and finally build that IV laserwhatsit. I need the IV Engraver for Nq ASoC quantum chips, which I think are going to make the assembler much easier. I may need to secure a good source of Niobium though.

There are a whole bunch of diesel mining rigs scattered to the nine winds. I'm not sure if waypoints will transfer or not, but if they don't, use the cofh commands to remove overburden to find them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T-XbZG_GxDLgfRFgvTuW44WiVN1P0_Ku/view?usp=sharing

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

There is a lot of cool builds on Econ's server (including players who've made it right into the endgame).
Its running a slightly different version of Infitech (Fear the Night edition).

Clarion of Loss

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded gregtech, because I don't worry about HQM too much, and petrochemistry is seriously involved now!

I have a Cracker and several Distillation Towers with a duty cycle of much less than 100%. Is there a way to get greg machines to handle multiple fluids? I seem to have time to crack Heavy Fuel, Naphtha, and Butene, but the Cracker has just locked up as soon as it got a little naphtha in it.

Clarion of Loss

Jul 29, 2019
I had the machine working before... it has plenty of steam (secondary output from a Tungstensteel Boiler - green hss turbine is the main). It was doing Heavy Fuel just fine, even with the second input hatch, untill it got another fluid in the second hatch. I'm going to do some manual testing to verify this behavior, I'll probably try cells and a Regulator, with multiple outputs. Cells feel like cheating though. I much prefer the twisty mass of pipes!

N

Nightfire731

I've finally made it far enough into the HV era where I can run a full setup of Distillation Towers/Oil Cracking Unit/Large Gas Turbines, but I have one question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Large Turbines, from what I've seen in posts, explode if the rotor runs out of durability while it's on. How can you prevent this beyond manually checking - is there a way to have an item conduit or the like remove the turbine rotor when it hits <= 25% durability, for example? You can't have blocks directly in front of the turbine itself, so I'm curious to see if there's a way to, if not fully automate it, at least keep it from detonating half my base if I forget.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Buildcraft gates (gold or higher?) can emit a signal when they detect specific items- so if you wear down a rotor first, and set the gate to look for that then it might work.
Alternately if you have a rough estimate of how long the rotor lasts, you can use a Redpower timer to auto-shutdown before she blows.
(might be worth using a second timer set a few hours earlier to trigger auto-crafting of a new rotor, depending on what you make it out of)​

Clarion of Loss

Jul 29, 2019
It takes frickin forever for the turbine to wear down. I've never actually got one below 25%, I've only upgraded. I started with blue steel, and now I'm on three HSS-E turbines, two steam and one HP steam. If I were really worried, I would set a timer for eleven days or however long it takes, then set that time up to shut off steam/fuel when the time got close. I don't have any such timer - I tend to wander around my base basking in the glory of the Endless Mechanisms, which results in plenty of turbine checks.

With regard to Multiplexing my cracker - I think it's just a property of gregtech large machines that they want to use every input fluid in a recipe. All the newest recipes use single buckets anyway, so it was easy enough to just insert cells into the cracker input hatch.

I noticed that I can't use multiple input hatches with the LBF either - I tried using oxygen, argon, and TiCl, but it didn't work. Until I upgraded to Naquadah coils and EV, I needed a joined pair of them anyway, which worked well. One of them always has oxygen and in the other, I just manually insert argon when I'm out of TiCl.

M

MAES_T_ART

I have a bug in the game. I can not load my save, it is eliminated after I play for a day or two.

N

Nightfire731

Config question here - is there any way that I can change the temperature that coil blocks provide to an EBF? I just made HSS-G coils for the first time, and I believe that they behave as if they had 4500K temp instead of 5400K as the description says. To wit:

Tungstensteel ingots take 150 seconds to create and require 3000K temp, according to NEI. An overclock (at 1800K above required temp) reduces recipe time to 25%. This means that this recipe should now take 37.5 seconds, if my understanding is correct. Upon timing it, it took the normal 150 seconds. This leads me to think that it has an actual temp that is lower than what the item description claims. Any help or clarification would be appreciated.