[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
you used to be able to make "dry farmland" that would revert back to dirt after a fixed time.

there is no mention of the change on farmland's changelog, i would assume it is a mod change

FrostySVK

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, does anyone have any good thorium reactor designs ?
The best design I managed to obtain is :

WTLcZVG.png

Double the EU/t for ingame production.

The reason why I say "obtain" is because I did not design it, but I did make an AI that makes reactor designs, and this is its best thorium design ;).
The simulator code is : 1C0D0D1C0D0D111C0D140D0D1C0D1C0D0D0D1C0D140D141C0D0D1C111C0D1C0D110D1C0D0D0D110D141C0D0D0D0D1C1C0D0D0D1C0D1C

Also if anyone wants to join, I play on this server.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure but i believe Pyure had posted some design somewhere in this thread a while ago. But then again, it might not be Thorium based. You'll have to search for it and hope it was a Thorium design.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
depends on what you want. If you want decent power generation then you should use a very efficient reactor. if you need lutetium or whatever comes from thorium, you should use a very inefficient reactor

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually worked with a reactor exept in creative for testing purposes on a closed circuit reactor. But personally, i don't see the point of a reactor for power purpose in Infitech 2. There are so many better alternative to power which can be gotten much faster at a lesser cost.

Thus, only an inefficient reactor as @ijustwantpics mentionned should be used for the endgame materials that you'll be needing.

neigenoir

Jul 29, 2019
hello

something wrong with my thaumcraft progress:
i researched everything available for wands staves and scepters ("magic staves" and "crafting scepters" too), yet i cant craft no scepter nor staff - i cant even find em in nei.
arcane crafting receipt in crafting scepters research in thaumonomicon says i should use 3 caps (gold), 1 primal charm, 1 rod (greatwood) but it doesnt work, i cant even see cost in vis of the receipt.
2017-09-13_04.17.06.png 2017-09-13_04.16.16.png
(pay attention on 2nd picture nei window - no items found on "scepter" query string)
what am i doing wrong?

upd. staff problem is even worse - i can craft staff core, but there is no complete staves in nei and no researches for them in thaumonomicon (only for staff cores).

PS: playing MP.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
hello

something wrong with my thaumcraft progress:
i researched everything available for wands staves and scepters ("magic staves" and "crafting scepters" too), yet i cant craft no scepter nor staff - i cant even find em in nei.
arcane crafting receipt in crafting scepters research in thaumonomicon says i should use 3 caps (gold), 1 primal charm, 1 rod (greatwood) but it doesnt work, i cant even see cost in vis of the receipt.
View attachment 34617 View attachment 34618
(pay attention on 2nd picture nei window - no items found on "scepter" query string)
what am i doing wrong?

upd. staff problem is even worse - i can craft staff core, but there is no complete staves in nei and no researches for them in thaumonomicon (only for staff cores).

PS: playing MP.
Awkward question but do you have enough Vis in your wand to craft such a tool?

At first glance (because i use a Texture pack other than you'rs and i'm not too familiar with TC tbh), you seem to be using a Silver Cap Wand. I'm pretty sure Staff require Void Cap or whatever they are called (the top tier cap) in order to have enough Vis to craft a Staff. Then again, i could be wrong and if so, hopefully someone more versatile in TC will be able to guide you. :)

E

e87_lh

in first place,
sorry for my bad english.
in second place, a lot of thx for this modpack, i love it, but i have an issue, i don't know the reason is i'm a newby or what it's the matter.
I'm trying to make ender infused obsidian, i have molten endirium with advanced fluid extractor from endirium ingots, but i'm trying to insert in chemical bath, and it's imposible, tryed with fluid autouput, with pipe, i'm really confused, i'm viewing videos and the people CAN, the modpack is clean i don't touch anything, but i really sad hehehe,
thanks anyways.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
in first place,
sorry for my bad english.
in second place, a lot of thx for this modpack, i love it, but i have an issue, i don't know the reason is i'm a newby or what it's the matter.
I'm trying to make ender infused obsidian, i have molten endirium with advanced fluid extractor from endirium ingots, but i'm trying to insert in chemical bath, and it's imposible, tryed with fluid autouput, with pipe, i'm really confused, i'm viewing videos and the people CAN, the modpack is clean i don't touch anything, but i really sad hehehe,
thanks anyways.
It's been a while but if i recall correctly, you should be able to insert molten enderium inside the chemical bath without any issue no matter the voltage. If the voltage was not good enough, the recipe would just not work and you would of wasted the enderium.
- verify to make sure your not trying to input the liquid via the front face of the machine (facing toward you when you place the machine.)
- Verify that if your trying to input through the output face (by default: back face when placing the block), you used a screwdriver on the output face to allow input through output.
- if the above still do not work, try adding a Obsidian block and after that the liquid.

Edit: Make sure your using the Chemical Bath. Sometime people will get it confused with the Chemical Reactor (it happens :p)

Reactions: e87_lh
E

e87_lh

I,m sure correctly use but the molten endirium don't enter un the machines, the recipe 936 of chemical bath, theorectlly able to use, i tested with moving output side, with fluid Ender tank with all i can think but still nothing.
Thanks for response

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I
I,m sure correctly use but the molten endirium don't enter un the machines, the recipe 936 of chemical bath, theorectlly able to use, i tested with moving output side, with fluid Ender tank with all i can think but still nothing.
Thanks for response
I'll be home in about an hour and i'll go see. In the mean time, can you provide picture of your setup?

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
better i recorded a video, if you can see the wrong i make i'm happy :p
Ok! Got it. I knew something was fishy about Enderium base but i wasn't sure so i didn't mention it.

- You need to mix your Enderium base (Liquid) with Ender Pearl dust inside a Chemical Reactor. This will yield Enderium Dust.
- Put that Enderium Dust inside a EBF (Heat of 3000K or higher.) This will yield Hot Enderium Ingot.
- Put that hot Enderium ingot inside a Freezer to cool it off. This will yield Enderium Ingot.
- Now you can liquify your Enderium Ingot and mix it with Obsidian inside a Chemical Bath.

Reactions: e87_lh
E

e87_lh

i just take the enderium from creative, if i undestanded you, i need make the process in EBF and vacuum freezer to work? beacuse the enderium ingot from creative, works in fluid extractor

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to find the "Enderium Ingot" in NEI which is what you need.
You were using "Enderium Base" which is a primary material required to make "Enderium Ingot". Not the same thing :)

E

e87_lh

DAmn! now i seeT_T sorry for the questions
a lot of thanks for the patient.
and if i can ask again, if i undestand, to make stainlees steel i must introduce oxygen in EBF? i don't see the recipe. thx again

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
No problem.

As for Stainless Steel, look at how to make the dust. You'll see that it required 6 Iron Dust, 1 Chrome Dust, 1 Nickel Dust, 1 Manganese Dust to yield 9 Stainless Steel dust. You then put that dust in a Cupronickel Coil EBF or better (basic EBF.) No oxygen required.

Reactions: e87_lh and Pyure