[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

I

Ilirith

You register for an account, check your inbox (and/or spam folder) for the confirmation email, confirm the account, then wait for the admin to confirm your account, this problem of your will occur until the admin verifies your aurafury forums account.

Dang, I was going to check to make sure you had a muffler hatch a while ago, but I forgot. That still get's me every once in a while when I move machines around.
yea, the muffler hatch is a bastard
always trolls me and apparently others too.

BTW, just a heads up regarding pollution and the latest gregtech version (not applicable to the official infitech2 versions)
the pollution seems to be bugged to insane amounts, even LuV mufflers won't do a noticeable difference and a medium sized Base with couple EBFs and such can reach acid rain / smog status in a few days.

so if you happen to use the version from econbrony, keep that in mind :)

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Tried logging in, didn't work. Can't register, can't login, can't get help from the forums as to why my game crashes every time I open it after installing the updated files, can't play on the server at all.

Singleplayer wise, I've got my EBF to work as intended, but my frugality with spending hard-to-get metals like steel is coming back to bite me in the ass...
I got a massive headache trying to move my machines around trying to refine air into nitrogen and oxygen for my EBF for steel processing. In the end I only got a single oxygen cell, which I lost after *facepalm* removing the fluid hatch immediately after inserting the oxygen thinking I was done with it. I can hear the faint sound on the wind of a million dicks ripping in unison.

So far, my adventures in Infitech have been brutal on my preferred playstyle. For some demented reason though, I don't want to quit.

U

Uncarian

yea, the muffler hatch is a bastard
always trolls me and apparently others too.

I had a torch infront of the muffler on the large bronze boiler. Took me an hour to figure out why it only did one cycle. Doesn't have to be a solid block obstructing.

I

Ilirith

Tried logging in, didn't work. Can't register, can't login, can't get help from the forums as to why my game crashes every time I open it after installing the updated files, can't play on the server at all.

Singleplayer wise, I've got my EBF to work as intended, but my frugality with spending hard-to-get metals like steel is coming back to bite me in the ass...
I got a massive headache trying to move my machines around trying to refine air into nitrogen and oxygen for my EBF for steel processing. In the end I only got a single oxygen cell, which I lost after *facepalm* removing the fluid hatch immediately after inserting the oxygen thinking I was done with it. I can hear the faint sound on the wind of a million dicks ripping in unison.

So far, my adventures in Infitech have been brutal on my preferred playstyle. For some demented reason though, I don't want to quit.
ifs healthy to go out of your comfort zone ;)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Drones do make scrap, so that's what I'm doing with em. Better than just throwing em away, even tho it costs me some energy.

I'm doing bees and the drones are accumulating... approximately 500 stacks of excess drones now. I don't like to throw anything away because everything has a use... right? But what should I do with all these drones? Is there anything valuable I can gain from them, such as running them thru a Recycler to obtain Scrap? I don't even know how the UU Matter process works in GregTech, I've only done it before using the original IC2 method (cobble-recycler-scrap-scrapbox). Does GregTech still use IC2 scrap in the UU processing? Will my drones give me scrap?

Last edited:
G

General Ike

EDIT: Drones do make scrap, so that's what I'm doing with em. Better than just throwing em away, even tho it costs me some energy.

I'm doing bees and the drones are accumulating... approximately 500 stacks of excess drones now. I don't like to throw anything away because everything has a use... right? But what should I do with all these drones? Is there anything valuable I can gain from them, such as running them thru a Recycler to obtain Scrap? I don't even know how the UU Matter process works in GregTech, I've only done it before using the original IC2 method (cobble-recycler-scrap-scrapbox). Does GregTech still use IC2 scrap in the UU processing? Will my drones give me scrap?

TL;DR: Yes, If UU matter fabrication is your your goal, the Amplifabricator processes your scrap to assist the Mass Fabricator.

As you have determined, drones give you scrap. I have not yet gone into matter generation, but I have looked into it. Scrap is used in an Amplifabricator and is turned into amplifier, amplifier if used in a matter fabricator will *DRASTICALLY* speed up the creation of UU matter while keeping the energy flow rate the same, thus drastically decreasing the cost of the matter being fabricated. I believe the wiki has a very thorough description of just how cost effective recycling is.

Reactions: asb3pe
U

Uncarian

OK, alright. Anything else?

I play with 5.09.29 and the configs that EconBrony modified. There are no issues with this that I have found.

Going forward to .30, data sticks and data orbs are no longer circuits. So some HQM quests might not give the result you want. Again not that problematic.

Even further to the current unstable changes (future .31), there are huge changes to GT chemistry. Alot of recipes changed, like the Nitro-diesel one. Migrated worlds might have many processing chains not functioning anymore. However there is a config to enable old recipes. So again not that big.

Otherwise, some HQM changes are required if you are unfamiliar with GT, especially tied to progression and naming. Some examples:
  • Early game, optionally shorter bronze age since there is a brick blast furnace option (Bricked Blast Furnace - BBF)
  • Advanced miner 2 renamed to Ore Drilling Plant. Now 4 tiers for mining radius of 48, 64, 96, 144

Reactions: GammaGoblin

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - what does this button do in Adv Info Panel interface?
Clipboard03.jpg

T

Tiphon

How do i can control strength of redstone signal? I need to shut down machine when redstone signal reach certain strength. I know i can just make long long line of redstone dust, but.. is there something else?

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
You could put some items into simple chest, and output redstone signal would be equal to its fill. For example, full chest would emit 15 signal, half filled chest would emit 7-8 signal. They say you could do same-ish with bookcases.
Here is mine setup for controlling Boiler-Turbine system

If you want to go "industrial", build yourself "IC chip" from ProjectRed. It is more advanced, you might wanna look at some guides on this topic.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 75

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do i can control strength of redstone signal? I need to shut down machine when redstone signal reach certain strength. I know i can just make long long line of redstone dust, but.. is there something else?
Do we still have that mod with the "redcrystals"? I believe one of those crystals can output a specific signal strength.

P

Pyromancer56

Do we still have that mod with the "redcrystals"? I believe one of those crystals can output a specific signal strength.
The mod is Automagy for Thaumcraft. The Dim Redcrystal is the item you are looking for. I'm not sure of another option offhand.

Reactions: Tiphon

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The mod is Automagy for Thaumcraft. The Dim Redcrystal is the item you are looking for. I'm not sure of another option offhand.
Thanks, I couldn't pull up the name for some reason.

fwiw, I think another option is computercraft, since you can make computers output specific signals I believe.

X

xarchais

When the Infitech server I was playing on went down, I stopped for a while and played a few other modpacks... you know how it feels when an FTB'er goes back and plays some vanilla minecraft? It's kinda simple and easy and boring? Well, that's how I feel about all of modded Minecraft when compared to a GOOD Gregtech pack (which Infitech most certainly is) - they've all become "vanilla" and boring. I dunno if other people feel the same, but it's reached the point where regular modpacks are ridiculously easy (and hence not even worth the time investment). Two weeks in a Forgecraft world and I was done with it. There was nothing left to do in the world except just build for the sake of building. But in this modpack, it seems I never make ANY progress... but the pace is almost perfect to hold my interest over the long haul. Credit goes to two groups - first of all, Gregorious T, the glorious Gregorious... and second, to Jason McRay and whatever team he has working on this modpack. Well done indeed.
mybe this post is old ... (not at all lol)
but I would like to talk about FTB infinity expert mode ,
this is FTB inifnity (without gregtech rip ) where all mods are conected and where there is a true hard progression to the late game.