[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah take my words with a grain of salt, I'm not playing Infitech2 but a custom pack which is using a newer version of GT5u than the one currently being used in Infitech2. What applies to my world may not apply to yours. All I know is, every 4 seconds I get another 918 mb (918 L) in my drum and I'm pretty psyched about that. However, I also had something like 748mb Heavy Oil in Infitech2, so I've always felt the 1-625L was incorrect and never understood why they changed it from the old 1-1024L that it used to say.

And yes Pyure, as far as I understand it, each chunk of the 6x6 chunk region will contain identical oil statistics. It definitely worked that way in my old Infitech2 world, and I'm assuming it hasn't changed in this new pack I'm playing... but I won't know until I deplete the chunk I'm in of all its oil... given that I'm running my oil rig at MV tier, I think it's gonna be months before I move it and find out, tho. This is the key sentence on the Oil Drilling Rig Usage wiki page: "Fortunately, each chunk begins with its own base rate. After one chunk is depleted, the Drilling Rig may be moved to another chunk within the 6x6 oil source to resume drilling at the original base rate."
Thanks. I've actually read that a million times and it never sinks in because I've never tested/used the rig before (bad pyure)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I've actually read that a million times and it never sinks in because I've never tested/used the rig before (bad pyure)

That makes me wonder how you generate your power as you move up the ladder from steam to LV to MV to HV... I always use the same method - tree/charcoal farm to make steam, use the steam to run Distilleries making biogas, then use the biogas to run my HV Distillation Towers and Oil Cracker to make Nitro-Diesel fuel, which powers Diesel Engines to get me to IV era and beyond, towards fusion.

But if you've never used the Oil Drilling Rig then you must be solving the power problem another way completely... I'd be curious to hear how you do it.

G

General Ike

I didn't realize that you could move your rig to adjacent chunks in the 6x6 (or w/e) and get the original 918 again. Am I understanding that correctly? I figured drilling one of the chunks would deplete all of them.

That is completely correct, explicitly stated in the online guide. Makes it that much more important to find a really good source.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That makes me wonder how you generate your power as you move up the ladder from steam to LV to MV to HV... I always use the same method - tree/charcoal farm to make steam, use the steam to run Distilleries making biogas, then use the biogas to run my HV Distillation Towers and Oil Cracker to make Nitro-Diesel fuel, which powers Diesel Engines to get me to IV era and beyond, towards fusion.

But if you've never used the Oil Drilling Rig then you must be solving the power problem another way completely... I'd be curious to hear how you do it.
Traditional oil wells, specifically the giant ocean ones.

Typically I use magic mirrors and thirsty tanks: The tanks grab the oil, put them in GT fluid hatches which fill cells, and I toss the cells through the mirror. They're "caught" back at base by a vacuum hopper, which sends them into another GT hatch to be decanted and then distilled. The empty cells are sent back through the mirror to the oil well.

I'm fond of this method because the infrastructure (oil extraction and transportation) is all energy-free to run.

I'll typically go through 2 or 3 big oil wells before moving onto fission or some such.

I do the same thing with Advanced Miner 2, sending fuel and lubricant through the mirrors to the miner and sending resources and empty cells back. With the minor caveat that I have to use two different types of cells for the two different types of fuels.

Reactions: asb3pe
N

nickicool

Hi! Please help me about use electric locomotive. I have 128 (MV) turbines, battery buffers... this is enough or need 512 voltages energy? How load energy into locomotive. I think need same transformators GT and IC both, but i dnot know what. And how load energy into locomotive (charging them)?

Sorry my bad englesh.

G

General Ike

Hi! Please help me about use electric locomotive. I have 128 (MV) turbines, battery buffers... this is enough or need 512 voltages energy? How load energy into locomotive. I think need same transformators GT and IC both, but i dnot know what. And how load energy into locomotive (charging them)?

Sorry my bad englesh.

I had a similar problem. Since the modpack disables the batbox/mfe in minecarts, I believe the only way to power it is with electric tracks running over shunt wires, which seems extremely expensive to me. There could exist another way, but I do not know of such.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't realize that you could move your rig to adjacent chunks in the 6x6 (or w/e) and get the original 918 again. Am I understanding that correctly? I figured drilling one of the chunks would deplete all of them.
Yeah, the amount of oil left in a chunk is stored in chunk data, the generation code is just setup so every chunk in the 6x6 area gets exactly the same starting value out of the RNG.

Which is also why I'm extremely surprised by the 918 value, as far as I can see the generation code is basically just X^5/500000 where X is a random number from zero to fifty. Why I wrote the 1-625 thing, and why it was changed from the old 1-1024 as the code really, really does not look like that was possible, plus the distribution was different that way and I'm really just not sure now. Relevant code is at here and here.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, the amount of oil left in a chunk is stored in chunk data, the generation code is just setup so every chunk in the 6x6 area gets exactly the same starting value out of the RNG.

Which is also why I'm extremely surprised by the 918 value, as far as I can see the generation code is basically just X^5/500000 where X is a random number from zero to fifty. Why I wrote the 1-625 thing, and why it was changed from the old 1-1024 as the code really, really does not look like that was possible, plus the distribution was different that way and I'm really just not sure now. Relevant code is at here and here.
Yeah, I get almost the exact same thing. Its technically ((0 -> 49.99)^5 - 5) / 100 / 5000. Why that -5 is there I have no idea; at a glance it seems it would cause a bug since tAmount is a signed integer which could be <= 5 (because amount is a signed double which could be <= 1...because random + random can be zero), which would cause the end result to go negative.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
So, tell me if i understood whole Oil drilling thing right.

We have are 6*6=36 chunks with N oil amount.
If this area was lava area, i would drain it, gain X amount of lava and be done with it.
But with Oil drilling, i would gain X amount of oil from first chunk, then same X amount from the second and so on.

Is that right?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, tell me if i understood whole Oil drilling thing right.

We have are 6*6=36 chunks with N oil amount.
If this area was lava area, i would drain it, gain X amount of lava and be done with it.
But with Oil drilling, i would gain X amount of oil from first chunk, then same X amount from the second and so on.

Is that right?
Nailed it.

K

ko4ila

Recipe Packing Tape (mod Storage Drawers) for the Gregtech Assembling Machine destroys Integrated Cirquit (Configuration: == 13)
So just me, or does the recipe work incorrectly? Thanks.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Recipe Packing Tape (mod Storage Drawers) for the Gregtech Assembling Machine destroys Integrated Cirquit (Configuration: == 13)

I believe you are correct. The assemble machine should not be destroying the circuit

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you are correct. The assemble machine should not be destroying the circuit
Yep true. To fix that edit this line (https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/scripts/storagedrawers.zs#L34) and put after "integratedCircuit13 * 0"

Reactions: ko4ila
T

Tiphon

Apiarist's Pipe and BeeSink pipe/module has no species type Cultivated. It has Forest, Meadow, Common and others but has no Cultivated

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Is it possible my Oil Drilling Rig is only ejecting after every other operation? If so, that would essentially halve what I see coming out of it every operation, my 918 would become 459. Except I don't really think that's the answer here, because I'm running the Rig using one MV Gas Turbine with Biofuel, and at MV tier the Rig is supposed to perform one operation every four seconds, which it is indeed doing, it's ejecting 918 every 4 seconds.

Two things to keep in mind - I'm not playing Infitech2 but rather a custom modpack containing GT5u which is quite similar to Infitech 2 in most regards except its using the newer version of GT5u (the one where all the electronic circuit items were changed and expanded greatly)... and therefore, the second thing to keep in mind is that I don't know what settings might have been modified by the server operator (altho I'm fairly positive they didn't change anything regarding the oilgen).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I finally achieved the Diesel Engine, with its quite-lovely 6144 EU/t output... so now what? I've never gotten past this point. I have 3 amps of EV-tier power but no idea what to do next. Should I focus on Osmium tiny dusts? Is Osmium my route towards Fusion? Or how about Naquadah, is that the next step for me? I see "Naquadah Reactor" machines but I have no ideas regarding their use. It seems my Diesel Engine outputs more than the lowest tier of Naquadah Reactor, but quite honestly I don't even know where I find Naquadah Ore since I never got this far into a GT5u modpack before (I've been told its on "asteroids"). Just looking for a tiny push in the right direction, thanks!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is still a lot to do for you. :D

Osmium is a good goal, gets you into replication and later fusion. platinum group sluge is the first fastes way, for bigger amounts replication, crops or bees nessary.
For naquadah you need Galacticraft and build spaceships. I think it was mars and the asteroid dimension where you can find naquadah. At last 3-4 naquadah are nessary to get fusion, but with that you can produce more of it yourself.
How about better tool materials? Tungstensteel, HSS-X Alloys?

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is still a lot to do for you. :D

Osmium is a good goal, gets you into replication and later fusion. platinum group sluge is the first fastes way, for bigger amounts replication, crops or bees nessary.
For naquadah you need Galacticraft and build spaceships. I think it was mars and the asteroid dimension where you can find naquadah. At last 3-4 naquadah are nessary to get fusion, but with that you can produce more of it yourself.
How about better tool materials? Tungstensteel, HSS-X Alloys?

Yes I prefer HSS-E for my tools (the green ingot with 2 million durability on the HV GT Drill) so I go for the HSS coils on my EBF as soon as possible. One nice feature is that making the HSS coils for the EBF results in an instant rebate (via the Arc Furnace of course) of the 2 stacks of Tungstensteel that I only used to make the HSS coils. So they're not wasted or locked up in coils. I was gonna go for the Tungstensteel Large Boiler except once you reach Distillation Towers there's really no need to even have a backup plan which is all steam really becomes at that point. I can't see the point to spending all that Tungstensteel on a steam boiler, even if it is the best one.

So yeah, you kinda confirmed two goals - First, get into bees (which I do enjoy), and second, get into space. That's the push I needed, thanks!

G

General Ike

So I finally got my distillation tower, which is everything I'd hoped it would be and more! However, I'm trying to put it in a closed loop automation cycle with the only outside interactions being output tanks. I've automated the process of everything to my tanks and a single output chest with the cells that result from H2S electrolysis and the cells from the methane produced from refinery gas. My issue is getting those cells back to the chemical reactors in the proper quantities. Is there some way that I can make a machine withdraw a certain number of items each processing cycle? Or some other solution that I'm missing?

EDIT: I had considered using the output and processing ratios of the oil fractions and regulators to distribute the proper quantities of cells and empty cells back. I believe that it would work perfectly, but the ratio is something huge, like 63:150:40:63 (roughly, I left my calculations somewhere not here) which is something like a 300+ cell buffer, so it would be a bit expensive.