[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
G

General Ike

Also, tanks and other fluid inventories destroy my cells whenever I try to empty compressed air or water into them (fluid still moves at least). It's a huge hassle since cells are one of the most efficient way to manually move fluids around.

Z

Zergflush

Where can I download this modpack? I used to play it through the FTB launcher, but now with the integration with twitch, I cannot get it to download, it keeps failing.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I just started on this, and god is it hard. I'm trying to get the ore guide but I haven't seen a single squid anywhere I go. Are there ways of finding them or alternative ink sources?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I just started on this, and god is it hard. I'm trying to get the ore guide but I haven't seen a single squid anywhere I go. Are there ways of finding them or alternative ink sources?

There's an IC2 crop called (I think) Blackthorn, which drops ink sacs, but you wouldn't obtain that crop without a good deal of work. Squid can be a pain, but just gotta keep looking. You only need to find one. If finding an ink sac is gonna stop ya, then you're in for a rude awakening when there's a Gregtech ore that you just can't seem to locate anywhere (and there's always at least one such stubborn ore every play-thru it seems). hehe

And while I'm thinking of it, don't make the mistake I see almost everybody make... when you get to LV era and start making tin cables, for goodness sake don't try to dye all your wool black. LOL Just get two white sheep, dye them black, put them in a pen and breed em. For whatever reason, most players forget this technique and end up trying to farm squid all day long (which as you've already seen can be quite frustrating indeed).

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've only found small chunks of tin, iron and copper on those sort of mountain quarry type areas, the ones where the surface material is just stone and ore. After a number of hours I only just scraped together my first iron pick. I found a mineshaft, two ravines and a lava lake, but I only ever came across large amounts of the exotic ores like magnetite, pitchblende and the orange cerium ore which I forgot the name of. No trace of any massive veins of copper, tin or iron for me =n= Then again I haven't been able to do much digging (but it's sooooo boriiing) Maybe I should start over on a fresh seed if anyone has one where a vein is guaranteed to spawn. That's the one thing I hate about super tough mods. It's not that some of the cool machines are disabled or the crafting recipies are different, it's the fact that it puts you in the position where you just have to grind and grind just to reach the bottom level of stuff.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've only found small chunks of tin, iron and copper on those sort of mountain quarry type areas, the ones where the surface material is just stone and ore. After a number of hours I only just scraped together my first iron pick. I found a mineshaft, two ravines and a lava lake, but I only ever came across large amounts of the exotic ores like magnetite, pitchblende and the orange cerium ore which I forgot the name of. No trace of any massive veins of copper, tin or iron for me =n= Then again I haven't been able to do much digging (but it's sooooo boriiing) Maybe I should start over on a fresh seed if anyone has one where a vein is guaranteed to spawn. That's the one thing I hate about super tough mods. It's not that some of the cool machines are disabled or the crafting recipies are different, it's the fact that it puts you in the position where you just have to grind and grind just to reach the bottom level of stuff.

Yeah, Gregtech oregen is something you either love it, or you hate it. For me, I love it so much that I can't play any other modpacks which have what I call "vanilla oregen", where you can literally find every ore in every chunk. That's not at all realistic. But GT oregen is very realistic. Yes, ore veins can be difficult to find, but for me that's a good thing, not a bad thing... because I've always felt the game needed more reasons to make the player get out and explore the world. But there's a reward for it being more difficult to locate ores - the benefit is that when you DO find a vein, you're all set for a long time and won't have to find another vein of that ore for a while.

For me, I dig tunnels under my base at exactly 3 chunks apart horizontally, and I make a criss-cross grid of such tunnels. I make a grid at elevation 11, elevation 25, and elevation 45, which hits the middle range of most GT ores. It would be very unlikely to miss a GT vein using this mining technique (and eventually you can make the IC2 OV Scanner item to check and see if one did get missed once you reach HV era). Yes its a lot of digging, but its well worth it to scout out the veins. I don't mine every vein I find right away, most of them I simply make a waypoint and come back when I can run the GT Advanced Miner II on the ores, for additional bonus quantity of raw materials.

To get started, walk the surface until you find a tin vein, and yes it might take you a while. But collect the small ores as you go, for early game iron (just like you said you are doing), and only settle when you find a tin vein. Then, make your base and dig down to elevation 25. That's the middle elevation for iron ore (which will actually be the Brown and Yellow Limonite ore vein, those smelt to iron in a vanilla furnace), and for copper (which will be the Chalcopyrite vein, which smelts to copper in a vanilla furnace). Make a Quartz Grindstone with the Wooden Crank to double your early game ores until you can achieve the bronze age Macerator. Hope that helps you a bit, once you get going in the pack it does get better. :)

G

General Ike

Lol, I hear you. I LOVE the ore generation, it's so realistic and fun (for me anyways). However, it certainly does cause its hassles. When I first began, I couldn't find any coal until I'd reached the LV tier. I also have yet to find a diamond vein, so I'm now entering the EV tier without an arc furnace (you need the graphite). Eventually, my tiny supply of silver and lead will run out and I still won't have found Galena.

I just assume I'm never going to find a Platinum vein.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh I just cheated in an OV scanner cause I mean it's not fun wandering around and stumbling on a vein. Threw it away when I found a tin vein tho, and luckily enough found a copper and iron vein not too far away. No diamond or anything yet, though I managed to get a nether portal up and running with the old lava bucket trick and got some nether quartz for a grindstone. I've begun to love this pack more and more since not only is there GT (my fave mod) but a quest system too (best source of replayability out there in these packs)

G

General Ike

Adamantium can currently be directly smelted from small dust to nuggets thereby avoiding the blast furnace recipe that requires 1800 eu/t and 3598K heat capacity. Where would I normally report something like this?

I

Ilirith

on the github issue tracker I would imagine, should be a link in the first post

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I

Ilirith

I'm currently at the early start if HV but I don't even feel comfortable like I'm done with MV. the most automation I've done is to have one HV macerator send crushed ore to another HV macerator and dump byproducts in a chest.
I have a natural gas oil rig at 130ish L/operation and a light oil rig at 210ish L/operation, but they don't run constantly. I only use the light oil for plastic for now, and I have somewhat power issues.

I have a hard time to get my head around using only Gregtech stuff for automation, should I admit defeat and start using enderio conduits?

this post is not so much a question as a confused man's description of his current stage, but please help :eek:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm currently at the early start if HV but I don't even feel comfortable like I'm done with MV. the most automation I've done is to have one HV macerator send crushed ore to another HV macerator and dump byproducts in a chest.
I have a natural gas oil rig at 130ish L/operation and a light oil rig at 210ish L/operation, but they don't run constantly. I only use the light oil for plastic for now, and I have somewhat power issues.

I have a hard time to get my head around using only Gregtech stuff for automation, should I admit defeat and start using enderio conduits?

this post is not so much a question as a confused man's description of his current stage, but please help :eek:
I've found logistics pipes to be an absolute godsend for this pack. If you're not familiar with then, they're worth watching some youtube vids on.

Virtually all my machines ended up being automated in some way or form via LP in my last base.

I

Ilirith

I've found logistics pipes to be an absolute godsend for this pack. If you're not familiar with then, they're worth watching some youtube vids on.

Virtually all my machines ended up being automated in some way or form via LP in my last base.

Good idea!
I've never really got around to use them, but i have a friend who were quite a pro with them, so i know the basics from just watching his setup.
I've managed to get a small storage up and running with LP now, will be looking into the LP auto crafting soon =)

Thanks for the suggestion!

I

Ilirith

Hell yeah!

Just made my first Titanium Ingot.
That whole vacuum freezer deal first, was a severe pain in the butt, but i did it!
Took me around 6-8 hours to get the Kanthal done for the new coils for my EBF, but first Titanium in da house!

C

Chriss22

Havent read here for a while. did he say when we can expect the next version at earlyest?

I

Ilirith

I'm starting to need far more power than I produce... im still running eb turkey off steam, at the moment with one measly large turbine with a small stainless steel rotor, giving me only 122 eu/t, I'm working on a vanadium steel normal rotor, but that will onky output 154 eu/t... i still find oil processing very daunting, hence I only make polyethylene with oil.

I'm running 2x 10 lava boilers, 10 of them running 75% of the time and all 20 only running on rare occasions. I could easily support an additional large steam turbine, I just don't know if they are worth their cost and steam upkeep for so little EU/t.

i did finally get an AE2 storage up and running, currently only with 5 or 6 of the 1k cells, but far better than logistic pipes though AE2 automation will. be quite costly.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Havent read here for a while. did he say when we can expect the next version at earlyest?

Their done updating InfiTech 2, if you meant the new mod pack their working on then there has been no specific date given for completion. Last I heard they were waiting on a mod to be updated in 1.10.

Last edited: