[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I guess you misunderstand me.
When i hit controller block with soft mallet it turns on and off immediatly after that, burning single charcoal. But if i put machine controller on main block and give redstone signal (not a pulse but constant signal) it starts blinking turning on/off many times even making game lagging hard, reducing fps. One second is enought to make me waste 4 stacks of charcoal.
That's nuts. It really does sound like something is rapidly inverting your redstone signal though somehow.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've changed my mind about the inverting redstone thing. After re-reading that, something about your multiblock is failing its check, so it stops immediately. And then starts again on next tick/cycle because the machine controller is instructing it to. And each start consumes a charcoal. So you're probably killing 20 charcoal per second or some such, depending on whether the thing is allowed to restart every tick.

Great idea with the video. Is that a test world or your real one? (A test world probably has little or no pollution)

Checklist time.
  • Which GT version?
  • All maintenance complete?
  • Muffler unobstructed? Including invisible blocks? (Railcraft used to make invisible blocks. Thaumcraft still may, from arcane lamps)
  • Pollution levels acceptable? (Test with portable scanner)
  • What happens if you move the maintenance hatch to the back instead of adjacent to controller?

T

Tiphon

• Muffler unobstructed? Including invisible blocks? (Railcraft used to make invisible blocks. Thaumcraft still may, from arcane lamps)
Oh my god! i completely forgot about muffler hatch. I didnt build it at all. Now im just wondering why there was no label about incomplete structure in Boiler's GUI :D
Now it works perfecly. Lol. Im so dumb... :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh my god! i completely forgot about muffler hatch. I didnt build it at all. Now im just wondering why there was no label about incomplete structure in Boiler's GUI :D
Now it works perfecly. Lol. Im so dumb... :D
Hah, sometimes its the simplest things :)

I'm a bit surprised it didn't warn you in the GUI too.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
@JoFlash Studios okay... but getting things done that way... can i plug like multiple mv->lv transformators and for example blast furnace and pyrolyse oven (so 2 mv machines)? Won't it drain MV batery (even 9x one) almost instantaneously? I really, really need to experiment with all your ingenious ideas in a flat world

You can fully power (4 amps of output) one step down transformer per amp on a line. So 9 batteries with a Mv cable that can handle 9 amps can theoretically drive 36 lv machines, minus line losses of course. I don't remember how much mv sodium batteries hold, so I can't comment on capacity.

Ideally, you want to run your power storage and energy backbone at +1 tier from consumption, which tends to alleviate storage issues and minimize cable loss. I'd make your main system hv if possible, and step down when needed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ideally, you want to run your power storage and energy backbone at +1 tier from consumption, which tends to alleviate storage issues and minimize cable loss. I'd make your main system hv if possible, and step down when needed.
I also subscribe to the +1 architecture, although I don't bother centralizing my power these days until I can make lapo orbs. And maybe the large diesel gen. (Until this point, decentralized fuel-based power is more than sufficient)

C

Chriss22

Pollution is a thing now? What does it do and is there a way to reduce it beside using better mufflers?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pollution is a thing now? What does it do and is there a way to reduce it beside using better mufflers?
Yep its a thing. I don't recall all the effects off hand, but you can reduce it by using better mufflers as you said, and spreading your machines to other chunks if necessary since it operates on a chunk-by-chunk basis.

C

Chriss22

Yep its a thing. I don't recall all the effects off hand, but you can reduce it by using better mufflers as you said, and spreading your machines to other chunks if necessary since it operates on a chunk-by-chunk basis.
oh so i better make long bases instead of high towers XD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've honestly never actually seen it become a problem. But the thing that usually hurts the most is simply trying to use 4 lower-tier things when a single higher-tier thing would suffice. Spamming = smog.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I currently run 3 BBF, an EBF, 2 Large Boilers, and a pyrolyse oven with all LV mufflers with no issues with pollution. Now given their not all running at the same time all the time, but they have for a significant amount of time.

E

Ewind

Hi,
I have encountered some power gen issues :
I have a turbo gaz turbine linked to all my HV machines and a battery buffer with 4 lithium battery.
After this battery buffer there is a vacuum freezer.
If I use it, I can't use anything else ( like reprocessing titanium byproducts ) . Any idea?

And, is there a solution to transport amounts of liquid without railcraft?
Thanks

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I have a turbo gaz turbine linked to all my HV machines and a battery buffer with 4 lithium battery.
After this battery buffer there is a vacuum freezer.
If I use it, I can't use anything else ( like reprocessing titanium byproducts ) . Any idea?

Can you post some screenshots?
If I were to guess, it'll be the batteries recharging and taking 100% (or near enough) of the power from the gas turbine- leaving you with insufficient to run your machine room.

If you want an easy solution, have an MV gas turbine directly feeding your vacfreeze, leaving the HV one free to run the other machines.

And, is there a solution to transport amounts of liquid without railcraft?

If its getting stuff around your base, logistics pipes has fluid logistics, and Greg's pipes are pretty good.

If its somewhat of a longer distance, put them in cans/drums/cells, then use any item transport you desire.

L

lopator

Hey I'm new to Infitech (I'm on v3.2.20). Went fine until I got to Electric Blast Furnace. Not sure this is right place to write it, but I think authors should have updated docs/book for it, if they changed way how it works.
I spent 3 hours to make it work, and only after entering creative mode. It works only with 4 LV energy hatches AND duct-tape applied on maintenance hatch (how am I supposed to get it before aluminium??), soldering iron not fixing anything. Moreover it doesn't work with single MV hatch + single steam MV turbine - it requires all 4 MV hatches + 4 steam MV turbines, and no more than 4 insulated copper cables.
I was about to drop the whole thing, and entering creative mode ruined gameplay experience. Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected high-quality from noncommercial project...

Is there a proper place to look for up-to-date docs and guides? I really hope to avoid similar experience...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey I'm new to Infitech (I'm on v3.2.20). Went fine until I got to Electric Blast Furnace. Not sure this is right place to write it, but I think authors should have updated docs/book for it, if they changed way how it works.
I spent 3 hours to make it work, and only after entering creative mode. It works only with 4 LV energy hatches AND duct-tape applied on maintenance hatch (how am I supposed to get it before aluminium??), soldering iron not fixing anything. Moreover it doesn't work with single MV hatch + single steam MV turbine - it requires all 4 MV hatches + 4 steam MV turbines, and no more than 4 insulated copper cables.
I was about to drop the whole thing, and entering creative mode ruined gameplay experience. Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected high-quality from noncommercial project...

Is there a proper place to look for up-to-date docs and guides? I really hope to avoid similar experience...
This is a pretty massively negative way to request input based on 3 hours of experience with the mod.

I can tell you that, if you do it properly, the EBF works as advertised. You need a single MV turbine running constantly. You need zero cables.

The soldering iron: I don't recall if its documented or tooltipped properly, but its an addition in the "unofficial" fork and it requires soldering material, eg a rod or fine wire of soldering metal (tin and, um, a antimony alloy qualify...soldering alloy? I forget what its called)

The EBF is, by far, the most stumbled-on structure of GregTech. Almost everybody fumbles it the first time, and its usually due to lack of power or forgetting to de-obstruct the muffler hatch.

L

lopator

> if you do it properly, the EBF works as advertised
Where's that definition of "properly"? FTB wiki or book? It's misleading with hint that 2-3 LV hatches are enough - I can tell you that after rebuilding EBF dozen times. Unless they build it in very specific (not universal configuration). It gives delusion, that gamer has elasticity with input voltage. Well if you have [1 MV hatch +1 LV hatch] or [1-3 LV hatches] or [2-3 MV hatches] - it will not work, while it works with 4 LV, 4 MV on 1 MV and specific limit of voltage loss due cables.

Probably because it detects tier by voltage?: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Un...MetaTileEntity_ElectricBlastFurnace.java#L115
So if you feed 128+1 volt - it will jump to next tier and eat your aluminium.
If you feed "not enough"(128-1?) voltage - it will eat your aluminium.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
2-3LV hatches are enough. Each energy hatch can accept 2 Amp. if you have max 1 V loss before the LV hatch, 2 hatches with 4 Amp can supply a fully fixed EBF just fine. If there are still issues or more than 1V loss, 3 hatches are needed.
Never mix two different types of hatches. The overclocking mechanic will make that not work.
1MV hatch with 1 amp as long there is close to no loss or 2 amps if there is more loss also works fine. if you have multiple MV hatches it will turn into a HV EBF that needs 4 amp MV.

T

Tiphon

Is there any way to configure amount of import items in gregtech machines?
I need my packager to accept only 9 tiny piles of dust to make one piece of dust (i already have chest with tiny piles so it dont need to be sorted). Otherway if it accept more or less than 9 it has a chance to stuck there.
Item Filter is able to keep only 9 items, chest buffer 27 which is not enough to keep all types of dusts. I know i can craft super buffer but it requires a lot of stuff so i cant afford myself this yet.

Second question is... how to disable source of energy for my logistic pipes system. I just need to turn of my Power Junction somehow. Because i play on server and when i go offline it keeps comsume power even if it does nothing. So usually when i come next day i find out me to run out of steam in tanks. Of course i can just break it but it stores some energy and i dont want to waste it.

Last edited: