[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
ahh same problem as me then, that's what I was wondering. Book should not refer to this as repairing since it's nothing of the sort.

Actually, it IS repairing... because when you place a Chainsaw or Drill that has almost zero durability, what comes out of the Disassembler is perfectly new parts. When you reassemble them in a crafting table, the resulting tool will be at full durability, fully repaired, without you having to add any materials (assuming you use IV or above).

And I would highly recommend that nobody use that XACT crafter. Its too buggy, and look at this specific issue here with GT Tools. It's just not worth it. I've only used the Crafter one time, when I was trying to automate the creation of Coal Chunks from Coal Dust and Flint... NOT COINCIDENTALLY... that moment when I tried using the Crafter was the ONLY TIME EVER that this modpack crashed to desktop on me. In thousands of hours of play, its only done that one time, and it was when I decided to try out that Crafter. I avoid that thing like the plague that it apparently is. If its useful to some of you, great... but I'll never touch it.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
TY. I thought I was going crazy with this. I am not using a up to date version atm. I'll update.

I updated to the newest version 3.2.20 and I get a crash while loading my world or while entering. I attached the error log. That's why I don't want to update ^^

Edit: I like the first line of the error log. "// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!" haha^^

Edit: I tried using 3.2.19 and my world also breaks =( How can I fix my world?

Attachments

• error.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
I updated to the newest version 3.2.20 and I get a crash while loading my world or while entering. I attached the error log. That's why I don't want to update ^^

Edit: I like the first line of the error log. "// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!" haha^^

You should always be up to date with the modpack. Are you using buildcraft pipes to transport the steam?

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
You should always be up to date with the modpack. Are you using buildcraft pipes to transport the steam?
I use logistics pipes with buildcraft pipes to sort my items.
I avoid updating my game because of errors like this. Updates usually break my game/save.

Edit: found a solution. forge.cfg - config helps a lot.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Edit: I tried using 3.2.19 and my world also breaks =( How can I fix my world?
Block location: World: (-290,67,46) <--- using MCEdit to remove said block will not fix the save for you?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
GIven the current discussion, could someone briefly describe what these "Stargates" are? Is it merely a glorified portal system of transportation, or is it more than that? Or something else completely? Does it open up new dimensions?

The only thing I know about that mod is that I (very rarely) find a single item in a chest, but I've never had any clue what to do with them or how it works. I've assumed it's an end-game item, perhaps it takes massive power to run Stargates?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

GIven the current discussion, could someone briefly describe what these "Stargates" are? Is it merely a glorified portal system of transportation, or is it more than that? Or something else completely? Does it open up new dimensions?

The only thing I know about that mod is that I (very rarely) find a single item in a chest, but I've never had any clue what to do with them or how it works. I've assumed it's an end-game item, perhaps it takes massive power to run Stargates?
Greg Ewing states:
Greg's SG Craft
This is a mod for the game Minecraft. Currently it gives you SG-1 style stargates. In the future, it may include other things from the SG-1 universe.

There's more info on what/how you use the gates on http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/SGCraft/ if you are interested... If you don't know what SG-1 is... please look it up somewhere else ;)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I made my first large steam turbine, feeding it steam from a br reactor (have to use the yellorite for something lol).
I can check my input hatch and I get steam fine, getting distilled water out the output hatch. have a turbine rotor in the thing, everything's perfect (did ducttape for maintenance is only thing I did differently).

put a ev dynamo on it and a ev 9 battery buffer and 4 lapotron crystals and nothing's charging. at all. I read in topic that lapotronic crystals were the ev power storage, no?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
so I made my first large steam turbine, feeding it steam from a br reactor (have to use the yellorite for something lol).
I can check my input hatch and I get steam fine, getting distilled water out the output hatch. have a turbine rotor in the thing, everything's perfect (did ducttape for maintenance is only thing I did differently).

put a ev dynamo on it and a ev 9 battery buffer and 4 lapotron crystals and nothing's charging. at all. I read in topic that lapotronic crystals were the ev power storage, no?
Yep. http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Battery_Buffer

How long did you wait? The internal buffer on that buffer takes a long time to fill before it starts filling the actual batteries. Test with a portable scanner.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yep. http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Battery_Buffer

How long did you wait? The internal buffer on that buffer takes a long time to fill before it starts filling the actual batteries. Test with a portable scanner.
yeah I just started editing my post when you replied lol. I waited 2-3 minutes I swear. but yeah I was probably wrenching buffer different directions and being impatient. :(

It's getting power but not as massive as I thought it might be. fun stf :) didn't think to use the portable scanner either, tyvm. will do that from now on

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Greg Ewing states:
Greg's SG Craft
This is a mod for the game Minecraft. Currently it gives you SG-1 style stargates. In the future, it may include other things from the SG-1 universe.

There's more info on what/how you use the gates on http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/minecraft/mods/SGCraft/ if you are interested... If you don't know what SG-1 is... please look it up somewhere else ;)

Thanks for the link, here's the key phrase which shows it is clearly an end-game item only: "Before your stargate will do anything, it needs to be supplied with energy. Stargates run on naquadah, a dense mineral of unknown composition that is a very rich energy source."

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
so I take it you can't automate getting batteries out of battery buffers? Conduits attach but don't seem to do anything.
Nope, then people would be able to transfer power around "wirelessly" (no loss) and that would be silly right? :p

fwiw: you CAN, but only with disposable batteries.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Nope, then people would be able to transfer power around "wirelessly" (no loss) and that would be silly right? :p

ah well. figured I was doing something wrong since I can pipe batteries INTO the buffer, just not out. oh well :)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019

Makes totally sense because having p2p tunnel with lpg or nitrofuel has so much energy loss. :p
I really don't like it that they blocked it.