[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess placing the Controller in the "side-middle" position is pretty much the clearest indication the multiblock power generators aren't meant to be automated with a feedback loop and a GT Machine Controller cover. But until it was discussed I just didn't even consider that could be the case.

But yeah, now I also understand the prior discussions in the forum of "fluid regulators", thanks for once again mentioning that aspect, it would clearly seem to be the correct route to automating power generation since the other route is no good.

Ultimately (pun intended)... my solution is the Ultimate Battery. Once I've made one of those, ALL my power issues are solved, because you just turn em on and let 'er rip! No need to shut them off, ever, once you get one of those beauties... right? Too bad it will probably take me forever until I make one (if ever). But that's the plan. Gotta have a plan.

U

UNG_God

You need the 16 mv centrifuges to process ores for example, not just helium/tritium and what not. I have 48 centrifuges running just for ore processing. (especially black granite takes up a lot of centrifuge time). the 16 Centrifuges make sense. Anyways by the time you make PAs, you should have autocrafting and with that no problems doing that quickly ;)

i guess you are pointing my earlier post, what i was complaining was the quest made me make 16 machines, giving me the impression i would need them all, but in the end it dont need that much, maybe it required less fluid on the past when the quest was created and is outdated (just like a lot of incorrect info).

how exactly do you convert into gregtech EU?
Reactor -> ic2 transformer (but step up or step down mode?) -> what voltage tier Gregtech transfromer?

correct, reactor>ic2 transformer>gt transformer. the rule applies to the gt machine that can explode, since it is 216 ic2 eu you can exploit it (because ic2 dont goes boom on over voltage in 1.7.10) using a step up ic2 hv transformer and using a gt hv transformer to make it in 4 amp of 128 ... or if expenses arent a problem a chargepad battery buffer of the voltage you want to receive the power from reactor and a gt transform on correct input voltage to take it out.

H

Herrminator1994

Does anyone have a solution to my previous question of how to controll a turbine remotely / switch it off when the rotor is running low? I tried wireles redstone transmitter, but it seems like an incoming signal of a redstone receiver attached to the controller of a turbine does not trigger the machine controller.. I know I could just cut the fuel but that is not as neat as the above. I m on a space station and space is vital ;)

Is anyone else experiencing issues when 2 + oxygen sealers are required for a room in orbit? Mine shows the room as "sealed" but oxygen is still not available..

For the people with power problems: Get to lv age, then rush a tree farm via farmblocks. (You can get molten glass from quartzite! that is a lv receipe!)
When this is done get a reailcraft boiler and feed it with everything from the treefarm... no need to make coal out of it. With this power setup and a large RC tank you can get yourself 2-6 Pyrolyse ovens and 4 steel boilers. Only apatite needs to be supplied regularly and dirt. Later when you have pyrolysis you can invest into a lv macerator and compressor to automate dirt production. Fertilizer can be manually supplied, that is no problem. This setup is good until end of HV aera with single block steam turbines.

All the turbo diesel/methane setup is good for remote power generation. This can be used for oil drilling rigs, lava pumps (to make phaoe lava for copper and tin) and quarries. I ran the 6 distillation towers I have off of naphta. It is not really required.

To get the process more efficient the boilers should be automatically regulated and a large steam turbine should be built. After this rush a T3 rocket get into the asteriods dimension and find naquadah asteroids! Built 6 naquadah reactors and make neutronium and built an ultimate battery. As soon as this is done, make the sulfur plasma fusion out of clay and produce 200k EU/tick with a tritanium rotor in large!

-> I kind of skipped ic2 reactors. The reason for this being that lead plates are a pain to make. Also I never managed to convert ic2 into gregtech EU. Coudl anyone explain me how this is done? I tried Ic2 transformers/Gregtech transformers and they did not seem to work. I guess ic2 reactors are a godo thing though as one needs a great amount of depleted thorium cells for lutetium that can be used to make americium/europium and finally neutronium.

If anyone is interested in my sulfur plasma setup, let me know.
Shutter and machine controller on the feed pipe to control the turbine.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'd be interested in seeing the reflected designs. Also, I think I'm going to run some pure thorium reactors if you have good designs for those.
Some reflector designs for you... the equi part is basically [Hu/s] / ( [Thorium Rods] / 2.5 + [Uranium Rods] ). Since thorium lasts 2.5 times longer than uranium that is how I chose to represent them in my comparisons.

Two reflectors:
1x QU + 5x SU @ 1200Hu/s 133.3/U
21p7e3jkoyomw43s8jynqvdyjx45wj75226n32lb142f2m7mqw94vht3x7qzl8ctckwkusr9lnk7fuo
1x QT + 5x DU @ 1184Hu/s 179.4/Equi
a8h89zko2bytlopz3mgbry9gnc0wctrws75xmxi4cua0d4uw0bbi8q9rkh8htjvwww0xckinelfufb4

Three reflectors:
3x QU @ 1280HU/s 106.7/U
21p7ev7y36r84wq1z3ezcp9d1w74dxewyzptt6s9xx3jlcimcvgqcjjj0nfl7vafsm17o9bstkhw0lc

Four reflectors:
6x QT @ 1016Hu/s 46.5/T 105.8/Equi
a8h8ktfesaeidy8sv10tinsx5gsnrj3bpq0cyy3jc5x8482c996p8ouzjfp7dbb7v3rw9abygzh7ym8

1x QT + 4x DU @ 1184Hu/s 123.3/Equi
a8h8m2rcwhyqkg4ppayzm28utw1whfitsidp32w1thd47idjgorvprn1f0do4k6u5s22mfiaug8bx1c

2x QU @ 1344Hu/s 168.0/U
21p7qj092f07fhx3yz95o3sli9rrg7a01anydtfqn27dywv8935mp5d38knlw05jcjr5je0rfj5imm8

Six reflectors:
1x QT + 1x QU @ 1120Hu/s 200.0Equi
a8h8fgek6euenmt5110525xyvqud617jkv5w8pnko12509u4xfxs95y1p8hnw5ner84lbea6lv0pxxc

Eight reflectors:
5x QT @ 1064Hu/s 53.2/T 133.0/Equi
a8h8fgeke77wrmwjurixwvgmypp89v9rc835bxf75tw7n46s6hjl5tzf4cnbabj7cq682sut8zlm5ts

Were you interested in seeing thorium reactors without reflectors too?
Sorry for taking a while to get back to you with my reply, was just soo many posts in the recent postflood :)
edit: math error fixed

Reactions: Bob558
H

Herrminator1994

Now that's some peculiar worldgen
2017-01-29_21.47.39.png

H

Herrminator1994

Some reflector designs for you... the equi part is basically [Hu/s] / ( [Thorium Rods] / 2.5 + [Uranium Rods] ). Since thorium lasts 2.5 times longer than uranium that is how I chose to represent them in my comparisons.

Two reflectors:
1x QU + 5x SU @ 1200Hu/s 133.3/U
21p7e3jkoyomw43s8jynqvdyjx45wj75226n32lb142f2m7mqw94vht3x7qzl8ctckwkusr9lnk7fuo
1x QT + 5x DU @ 1184Hu/s 179.4/Equi
a8h89zko2bytlopz3mgbry9gnc0wctrws75xmxi4cua0d4uw0bbi8q9rkh8htjvwww0xckinelfufb4

Three reflectors:
3x QU @ 1280HU/s 106.7/U
21p7ev7y36r84wq1z3ezcp9d1w74dxewyzptt6s9xx3jlcimcvgqcjjj0nfl7vafsm17o9bstkhw0lc

Four reflectors:
6x QT @ 1016Hu/s 46.5/T 105.8/Equi
a8h8ktfesaeidy8sv10tinsx5gsnrj3bpq0cyy3jc5x8482c996p8ouzjfp7dbb7v3rw9abygzh7ym8

1x QT + 4x DU @ 1184Hu/s 123.3/Equi
a8h8m2rcwhyqkg4ppayzm28utw1whfitsidp32w1thd47idjgorvprn1f0do4k6u5s22mfiaug8bx1c

2x QU @ 1344Hu/s 168.0/U
21p7qj092f07fhx3yz95o3sli9rrg7a01anydtfqn27dywv8935mp5d38knlw05jcjr5je0rfj5imm8

Six reflectors:
1x QT + 1x QU @ 1120Hu/s 200.0Equi
a8h8fgek6euenmt5110525xyvqud617jkv5w8pnko12509u4xfxs95y1p8hnw5ner84lbea6lv0pxxc

Eight reflectors:
5x QT @ 1064Hu/s 53.2/T 133.0/Equi
a8h8fgeke77wrmwjurixwvgmypp89v9rc835bxf75tw7n46s6hjl5tzf4cnbabj7cq682sut8zlm5ts

Were you interested in seeing thorium reactors without reflectors too?
Sorry for taking a while to get back to you with my reply, was just soo many posts in the recent postflood :)
edit: math error fixed
Sure on the non-reflected thorium

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same question except mine is for the Large Diesel Engine. It's the same as the Large Turbines, where the Controller Block is not on one of the edges but rather it is placed in the center of the side of the multiblock, which means we cannot access the bottom face of the Controller to install a Machine Controller Cover. So I'm also looking for an answer to hawki's question.

Use redstone receiver (in) on 1 side, and machine controller on the other side. This way the receiver sends signal to the block it's attached to, and thus can be picked up by the machine controller cover

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Now that's some peculiar worldgen
View attachment 32047
yeah, on my world I'm playing atm, spawn is in an EERIE biome. nighttime it's all pechs, guardians and husks. something's definately wonky with the worldgen. I've seen what you've got pictured before, but using biomes o plenty which we don't have. wierd.

Edit:

On the subject of wierdness, I have a wierd one that I really can't explain whatsoever.

so in a 3x3 chunk, center lined chunks, one end, all at the edge of that chunk, I have a 9x9 sized fenced off pen with my black sheep for sheering.

On the FAR OTHER SIDE of the 3x3 chunk, same vertical stripe, so literally 2.5-3 chunks away from each other, I have a simple 2x3 fenced off area where my cow Radio Moo Moo is being milked by a thirsty tank with glyph of bovine.

Things were fine for many many days, and yesterday I went over near Radio Moo Moo's pen and he was gone. Figured he somehow got out of pen, so walked around walled off area, etc to see where he was.

He was in the pen with the sheep. Now c'mon, how the hell does that happen? Playing on SSP and I fully interrogated if wife got into my world and is messing with me while I was asleep (which atm, is the ONLY plausible reason I can think of atm, so I am closely watching her and taking notes).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I had my Steve's Cart just plain disappear one night, after it worked for at least 2 months straight without a single problem. Then... gone. Vanished. Still no idea where it went, the only explanation anyone offered was "possible chunk loading error". That didn't make much sense to me, but yeah, it seems there are some odd things happening to a bunch of us lately. And it was like a Curse for me (not that silly site/app that thinks it's a Minecraft resource), my world has not seemed the same after I lost my little Cart friend. I removed the tree farm, and it's pretty much been downhill ever since (in terms of my interest level and motivation level).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I had my Steve's Cart just plain disappear one night, after it worked for at least 2 months straight without a single problem. Then... gone. Vanished. Still no idea where it went, the only explanation anyone offered was "possible chunk loading error". That didn't make much sense to me, but yeah, it seems there are some odd things happening to a bunch of us lately.
actually I've had that happen in other worlds before. And it's always random and yeah, google it and you'll find ppl talking about chunk issues, etc, since the carts tend to cross chunk boundaries while zooming along. Really sucks too and some packs are worse than others. One pack it happened to me twice. Only happened one other time in a completely different pack. all those times tho I was on a server.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I looked into the advanced miner 2 a bit. I can definately make EV stuff, I just don't really have the power plant to run any of it, so it's still not within my reach. I see it's not a quarry per se, it does a 6x6 chunk and mines only GT ores but yeah, pretty autonomous, so that's nice as hell.

One question about it tho. Does it mine up the small ores as well or just the regular GT ores?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
so I looked into the advanced miner 2 a bit. I can definately make EV stuff, I just don't really have the power plant to run any of it, so it's still not within my reach. I see it's not a quarry per se, it does a 6x6 chunk and mines only GT ores but yeah, pretty autonomous, so that's nice as hell.

One question about it tho. Does it mine up the small ores as well or just the regular GT ores?
It mines just about anything you would decide to mine with a pick, not just GT ores. Everything you can think of other than boring varieties of stone.

It also runs on just MV power which you should be able to do if you can make EV stuff.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I have a question that's been bugging me. Mekanism has these dropper things to let you suck out a bit of fluid that's stuck in a machine, etc. Does gt have anything like that here? Cause sometimes you pour stf into a machine by mistake and once it's in the input, you can't do anything with it. Ends up being "ok, it's here, it aint going anywhere, figure out what you can use it for now" lol but I'm getting to the point where some of this stf is too pricey to waste.

It mines just about anything you would decide to mine with a pick, not just GT ores. Everything you can think of other than boring varieties of stone.

It also runs on just MV power which you should be able to do if you can make EV stuff.
that's pretty cool then. My power train is a little tasked atm and needs an upgrade/update but haven't gotten around to it yet. Will definately make one then. thx!

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently searching for oil in my world. Does anyone know if there is a mod/map mod where you can tag 6x6 chunks with a note? I'd like to tag those chunks with the note from the Analyzed Prospection Data. It seems JourneyMap doesn't have something like that ... or any other map mod. How you do this guys?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Check the recipes for the Miner (I think the power requirement might also be shown in the Enchiridion book for the multiblock?). I believe it's not 128 EU/t but rather 64 EU/t (edit below, its 48 EU/t). I run my Miner with an EV Energy Hatch, then an HV Transformer which I invert by whacking it with a Soft Hammer (so I'm up-converting from HV to EV), and then I use only TWO HV Diesel Turbines running off Nitro-Diesel. I know it sounds like insufficient power but it works perfectly and it's because the Miner doesn't require a full 128 EU/t.

Correction: The Miner apparently uses 48 EU/t, see this page: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Advanced_Miner_II
"Usage - The Advanced Miner II must be provided with Drilling Fluid in its Input Hatch and Mining Pipes in the controller block's top-right invisible slot to function. The Miner requires at least 48 EU/t to operate."

48 EU/t means you can probably do the same thing I do, but you could use two LV power sources (doesn't have to be Nitro Diesel, could be Gas Turbines too, of course) and the use an LV-to-MV transformer. Two turbines is 64 EU/t, minus some minor power losses, but still plenty to run a 48 EU/t recipe/machine. It will just run slower at MV than it will at EV obv. Or use two MV power generators and up-convert to HV, which will be a bit faster.

You do get a lot of "crap" from the Miner. What I do is line up 6-8 Jabba Barrels and I set these to accept the primary pulverized ores and dusts (meaning, the ores that are the reason I set the Miner up at this location in the first place, I always "target" a specific ore vein when using the Miner). The rest of the "crap" - the GT small ores, the Thaumcraft shards (which will come up as pulverized shards, in dust form), the Yellorium dusts, etc., those go into chests which I place at the end of my line to capture anything that doesn't go into one of the Jabba Barrels. I occasionally return to clean out these chests so nothing overflows. Running my Miner at EV speed means it takes me 2-3 hours to clean out a typical GT ore vein. I also use a Chunk Loader to reduce the Miner's area of operation, just set the chunk loader running and then leave the area, go far away or go to another dimension and wait (or if you're playing SMP, just log off the server for a while).

I place the Miner atop the ore vein I'm trying to collect, and I stop the Miner when it reaches the bottom of the ore vein. This reduces the fuel usage of course, I typically will only mine about 6 layers deep, and either 3x3 on the chunk loader or sometimes I'll have to use the 5x5 chunk setting, which takes longer but some ore veins are larger than 3x3.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently searching for oil in my world. Does anyone know if there is a mod/map mod where you can tag 6x6 chunks with a note? I'd like to tag those chunks with the note from the Analyzed Prospection Data. It seems JourneyMap doesn't have something like that ... or any other map mod. How you do this guys?

I just use Journey Map waypoints for my Prospector data, I color code them with a specific color so they stand out and don't get confused with other waypoints (I use green for ore waypoints, purple for my Prospector results, yellow for stuff like Mob Dungeons and Spawners, etc). And I also use a specific format, such as "HO 305" means "Heavy Oil, 305 L/cycle", or MO for Medium Oil, LO for Light Oil, etc.

And since I learned the other day that all oil deposits are 6x6 chunk squares with the origin for all such squares at (0,0) I just run the Prospector once in the exact middle of these regions. The result is that my Journey Map has a purple grid of evenly-spaced waypoints showing the oil deposits, which is all I really need.

I didn't have to do too much of this tho, since I discovered a Heavy Oil deposit right near my base with a starting value of 704 L/cycle. That means I have 36 chunks to drill oil in, and each chunk basically will give me a full Bedrockium Drum of Heavy Oil if I spend the time to clear them all out... which I'll never do, it's WAY WAY too much oil to pump and process. I made almost 3 Bedrockium Drums of Nitro Diesel just from the very first chunk I pumped out, and I still have 35 more of em. LOL

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
when I was playing divergence, I was begging for a better integrated journeymap that let you put some sort of json forms to add/edit within journeymap itself. I really should come up with a synopsis and make a feature request some day lol. In normal packs with normal oregen, it's not necessary but when you have prospector data for oil, finding ore sources, etc. yeah, it suddenly goes from doesn't need to must have lol

same thing with the IE excavator/mining probe or whatever it's called. if you don't write those things down, you're toast. thus, map clutters.

At the very least, I wish journeymap just allowed you to set categories that you could sort by. ah well. /me looks at his 350+ waypoints in the ow alone. I turn all those on and it's like my graphics card ate too much sugar and was deciding to give me an additional color spectrum to see.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'd pay for this feature. You can sort of cheat by color-coding things but I'm colorblind so its useless for me.
couldn't you use different types of marker shapes for the different types of waypoints?