[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

N

Navarin

Lol thanks.

On a side note, is the only way to get slimeballs early game for the railcraft water tank to kill slimes?

xXxSnivyxXx

I usually swing by a swamp-ish biome (Green Swamplands usually) while I'm looking for a base location and spend a couple minutes hunting slimes at night. Isn't too much of a problem.

However if that's not your thing and you have at least one slimeball from somewhere (Pam's jellyfish comes to mind), you can duplicate them with Thaumcraft.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Oh well, thanks for the answers. Guess i'll spend the day hunting for slimes :/

xXxSnivyxXx

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I see Nether Stars are needed in order to build the Mark I Fusion Controller block, what method do you use to obtain those? The only method I was familiar with was using the Draconic Grinder which obviously isn't in this modpack, so is there any other way to automate, or am I just supposed to make the most powerful armor in the game (which armor would that be?) and kill Withers by hand to get Nether Stars? Just looking for ideas, tips, etc.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Going into Thaumcraft...
I hate Jayson!!!! I hate him! Arcane Pedestal need all basic apsects .... -_-

oh wait... I can use a leth do do it out of a normal Arcane Stone Block..
Love you ;)

N

Navarin

I see Nether Stars are needed in order to build the Mark I Fusion Controller block, what method do you use to obtain those? The only method I was familiar with was using the Draconic Grinder which obviously isn't in this modpack, so is there any other way to automate, or am I just supposed to make the most powerful armor in the game (which armor would that be?) and kill Withers by hand to get Nether Stars? Just looking for ideas, tips, etc.

I don't know how Hardcore Wither affects this (not a fan of/never used the mod), but Killer Joe can farm the regular Wither.

T

targetingyou78

lol, i'd like to say i know how you feel exept i've been staying on HV volontarely while was occupied with crops. I'm almost done with them though (only Naquadah left to propagate) so i'm starting to work on my tech. If you don't know what to do with your Tungstensteel, i'd recommend Processing Arrays. Those are god send. :)
Last night when I was looking through tungstensteel recipes I came across the processing array and was going to post about it last night asking what it does and whatnot but it was like 1:30am here and I decided to wait till today. That being said, please tell me more about processing arrays :)

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
The hardcore wither mod has made the wither significantly harder. The first couple you kill can be killed the ways you are familiar with like the piston in the nether pushing it into the bedrock etc. However, the wither "learns" how you killed it before and adjusts it tactics. Eventually it will learn how to teleport and it will use that a ton. So I'd recommend building up some dang good equipment.

Edit: had strange quote issue, sorry if it confused anyone

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Last night when I was looking through tungstensteel recipes I came across the processing array and was going to post about it last night asking what it does and whatnot but it was like 1:30am here and I decided to wait till today. That being said, please tell me more about processing arrays :)
THe Processing array can use up to 16 single block machine at once.

Ex: If you put 16 Basic Macerator (LV) in it's GUI, then you'll need to supply it 16 times the power (512V - HV) and it will macerate up to 16 Items at once. The same ratio apply if you decide you want 16 Advanced Macerator (HV). It would cost 8192 EU/t (IV Voltage) to power it.

Also, what i consider to be a bug IMO is that even with basic Macerator, it act as a Pulverizer thus yielding the By-Products.

So all in all, it's a costly but powerfull machine that greatly speed up processing.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
As I said before, I just tried to go furher into THaumcraft but as I see the pack got a lot of love since I played it last time and golems are far away from were I am... from what I saw from github, etc I won´t get to automize my farms with thaumcraft before I hit MV... (the gather Core requeires some aspect I don´t even know ..buttom right)

So I tried to search a bit and people talk about LV ways to get a charcoal farm but I can´t find the machine that will help me with it...
For now I have a Charcoal pit and a mual wood farm. It works but I´m getting tiered of using my wrough iron axes on the trees and steel or higher for tools seems to be not worth the effor because the cost even with Thaumcraft alchemy seems so complex that I´m faster off creating a other set of wrough Iron tools and mine some Iron then this...

Not QQ ing here :) Just wanna to know if I´m getting this on the right way or if I miss something out here?

Edit: Also what is the goto storing system early on? I remember last time I used Logistic Pipes and they are a dream... but for now I find them to expensive to go for. Lots of diamands and some recipts cost more then 32EU/t (which a battery buffer could maybe solve but ok)

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

As I said before, I just tried to go furher into THaumcraft but as I see the pack got a lot of love since I played it last time and golems are far away from were I am... from what I saw from github, etc I won´t get to automize my farms with thaumcraft before I hit MV... (the gather Core requeires some aspect I don´t even know ..buttom right)

So I tried to search a bit and people talk about LV ways to get a charcoal farm but I can´t find the machine that will help me with it...
For now I have a Charcoal pit and a mual wood farm. It works but I´m getting tiered of using my wrough iron axes on the trees and steel or higher for tools seems to be not worth the effor because the cost even with Thaumcraft alchemy seems so complex that I´m faster off creating a other set of wrough Iron tools and mine some Iron then this...

Not QQ ing here :) Just wanna to know if I´m getting this on the right way or if I miss something out here?
Golems are locked pretty far in. I can not remember how far though, but I think to get a full tree farm going you need to be in HV tier. The Use core is made with something that requires HV IIRC.

I'm still not fully getting the benefit of the processing array. Can it use different types of machines at once? Can you put in 8 of one and 8 of another? Also, when you say you can put 16 LV machines so you have to supply it with 512 Eu/t. Does that Eu/t have to come in the form of 16 LV packets or can it be 1 HV packet?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I played infitech2 5+ months ago on a server and shared a base with someone that knew gt and he did most of the gt stuff while I learned. Started a new world recently in SSP and doing this solo and having a blast doing it. (and no explosions yet \o/ )

So I just finished my LV EBF, did it like the book said, 4 lv power hatches. each one hooked up to a 4 battery box with 2 batteries in them (only takes 2A right?) and behind each of those is 2 basic steam turbines which are having no trouble getting steam whatsoever. all at 240L constantly.

I put some alum dust in and let it go to work and was happy as hell, so put 30 dusts in and waited and noticed that one battery box was draining, so added 2 turbines to make it 4 to see if that would help and it slowed down the drain but didn't eliminate it. Am I racing a zero sum game here thinking I can actually keep up with lv to do this? What's the next obvious step?

All the thaum changes, woof. They really got nerfed since we played this last. Also missing botania as well. All the cheaty avenues to sneak ahead a bit are gone. :( lol But, it's been quite entertaining setting up everything and truly enjoying it.

Just saw hardcore wither is in as well. jeez. In another pack, I had draconic maxed out armor as well as ichor robes maxxed and he was still able to kill me with the explosions that destroy 1-2 chunk radius there in either set of armor. glwt I guess. it's really a crapshoot with that mod.

T

targetingyou78

so I played infitech2 5+ months ago on a server and shared a base with someone that knew gt and he did most of the gt stuff while I learned. Started a new world recently in SSP and doing this solo and having a blast doing it. (and no explosions yet \o/ )

So I just finished my LV EBF, did it like the book said, 4 lv power hatches. each one hooked up to a 4 battery box with 2 batteries in them (only takes 2A right?) and behind each of those is 2 basic steam turbines which are having no trouble getting steam whatsoever. all at 240L constantly.

I put some alum dust in and let it go to work and was happy as hell, so put 30 dusts in and waited and noticed that one battery box was draining, so added 2 turbines to make it 4 to see if that would help and it slowed down the drain but didn't eliminate it. Am I racing a zero sum game here thinking I can actually keep up with lv to do this? What's the next obvious step?

All the thaum changes, woof. They really got nerfed since we played this last. Also missing botania as well. All the cheaty avenues to sneak ahead a bit are gone. :( lol But, it's been quite entertaining setting up everything and truly enjoying it.

Just saw hardcore wither is in as well. jeez. In another pack, I had draconic maxed out armor as well as ichor robes maxxed and he was still able to kill me with the explosions that destroy 1-2 chunk radius there in either set of armor. glwt I guess. it's really a crapshoot with that mod.
The next step you should do is make an MV energy hatch. However, since you have losses (I'm assuming you didn't fix the soldering problem yet) the recipe takes slightly over 128Eu/t (10% more to be exact) landing you at 132 Eu/t. So until you fix that the recipe will still take two amps of MV.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It is impossible to pass the quest Jackhammer

Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9L56HKrD7neVZoMjBvUlBnMm8/view
This issue has been here for some time, and I forgot to fix, since noone bothered to properly report it at the place where i can check the issues.
Dont need to be worried, since I disabled the explosion from wither, because after couple kills it kills servers.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The next step you should do is make an MV energy hatch. However, since you have losses (I'm assuming you didn't fix the soldering problem yet) the recipe takes slightly over 128Eu/t (10% more to be exact) landing you at 132 Eu/t. So until you fix that the recipe will still take two amps of MV.
I fixed all the problems. I'm seeing the power go down in the battery box. other 3 boxes are 100keu for each battery but the one battery box shows a steady decline as soon as it starts processing the aluminum. I was pretty meticulous when I connected everything up but maybe one box isn't pointing directly into the ebf. I might grab them all up and place them all down again.

Side note, we used something with redcrystal to turn on/off the ebf when power was low but I don't recall how we got power readings from the battery boxes. Comparator doesn't work, assume there's a cover or something?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
This issue has been here for some time, and I forgot to fix, since noone bothered to properly report it at the place where i can check the issues.

Dont need to be worried, since I disabled the explosion from wither, because after couple kills it kills servers.
that's awesome about the wither.

Also, gotta say the hqm quests are a huge help stepping you through everything. I'm not a total newb re: gt but close enough to that end of the scale for the quests to give a great guide on what to do.

Really having a lot of fun.

T

targetingyou78

I fixed all the problems. I'm seeing the power go down in the battery box. other 3 boxes are 100keu for each battery but the one battery box shows a steady decline as soon as it starts processing the aluminum. I was pretty meticulous when I connected everything up but maybe one box isn't pointing directly into the ebf. I might grab them all up and place them all down again.

Side note, we used something with redcrystal to turn on/off the ebf when power was low but I don't recall how we got power readings from the battery boxes. Comparator doesn't work, assume there's a cover or something?
I read your post more carefully. You only need 3 lv hatches. Each one will take 2 amps of lv which is 32*6 = 192Eu/t. You actually only need 4 amps to get 128Eu/t but I'm pretty sure you can't fix the circuits needing soldering yet so you actually need 5 amps to cover the additional losses. So in the setup you should have 3 lv hatches. 2 hatches will consume 2 amps and 1 hatch will consume 1 amp.