[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Anybody know the Modular Armor from GregTech ?

It seem the armor accept upgrade but I've no clue.
we discussed what we knew just a few pages back... not too much info is available since they are newly introduced to gregtech.

Edit:
find it here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Nano Suit made, top tier Chestplate with flight and hover, and nightvision in the helmet. Game changer!! This was one of the goals from that day I broke my first wood log... time to set some new goals I guess. :D

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Nano Suit made, top tier Chestplate with flight and hover, and nightvision in the helmet. Game changer!! This was one of the goals from that day I broke my first wood log... time to set some new goals I guess. :D
I'd recommend Dark Helm since the night vision on it is from magical source thus you don't get blinded from light sources.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend Dark Helm since the night vision on it is from magical source thus you don't get blinded from light sources.

Yes, that is an annoying drawback of the IC2-based nightvision, thanks.

[EDIT: Manual Kinetic Generator solved my problem so no need to reply.] I'm trying to make the Mining Laser now and need to make that part in the IC2 Turning Table, but I can't get the Electric Kinetic Generator to connect to GT cables, any idea why not? I'm using LV 4x Tin Cable in my base.

Here's my post from page 358 of this thread where I had the same exact problem in a previous play-thru. LOL The answer was that the Electric Kinetic Generator is a power generation block and therefore its not allowed to connect to GT Cables. At that time, I was able to use the CESU to power it, however those IC2 power storage blocks are now disabled in the modpack, so I guess the Electric Kinetic Generator is a dead item, it won't work? Maybe this is why the recipe for the Mining Laser got changed (I'm on someone's server and we're still at modpack v3.2.10 (current is 3.2.17 LOL). But there are other Kinetic Generators that don't require GT electricity to power the Turning Table so I'll try one of those I guess.

Last edited:
C

Chriss22

Seems like the quest "Alchemical Dabbling" doesnt work. It tells you to make Nitor and Alumentum but if you do what it tells you nothing happens.
I dropped the Items whcih the quest book told me into the cauldrons hot water but nothing came out. had to cheat those 2 items in.

T

targetingyou78

Seems like the quest "Alchemical Dabbling" doesnt work. It tells you to make Nitor and Alumentum but if you do what it tells you nothing happens.
I dropped the Items whcih the quest book told me into the cauldrons hot water but nothing came out. had to cheat those 2 items in.

Yeah, one of the recipes is off. I think it has to few charcoal or something. The items are right just the number was off.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that is an annoying drawback of the IC2-based nightvision, thanks.

[EDIT: Manual Kinetic Generator solved my problem so no need to reply.] I'm trying to make the Mining Laser now and need to make that part in the IC2 Turning Table, but I can't get the Electric Kinetic Generator to connect to GT cables, any idea why not? I'm using LV 4x Tin Cable in my base.

Here's my post from page 358 of this thread where I had the same exact problem in a previous play-thru. LOL The answer was that the Electric Kinetic Generator is a power generation block and therefore its not allowed to connect to GT Cables. At that time, I was able to use the CESU to power it, however those IC2 power storage blocks are now disabled in the modpack, so I guess the Electric Kinetic Generator is a dead item, it won't work? Maybe this is why the recipe for the Mining Laser got changed (I'm on someone's server and we're still at modpack v3.2.10 (current is 3.2.17 LOL). But there are other Kinetic Generators that don't require GT electricity to power the Turning Table so I'll try one of those I guess.
Simply use a battery to power the kinetic generator. Anyway, you won't be using it that long.

C

Chriss22

btw. i have no clue how to get the stuff for the "Easy crops" quest. Nei just tells me some recipes with stuff i cant even get, Crop mutation with IC2 seems too complicated to even start it.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
So i made a few asphalt blocks (wet concrete -> concrete block -> chisel into apshalt) and i get LOWER movement speed on it. Is that intentional?

T

targetingyou78

btw. i have no clue how to get the stuff for the "Easy crops" quest. Nei just tells me some recipes with stuff i cant even get, Crop mutation with IC2 seems too complicated to even start it.

Its not that bad. It's worth looking up but basically all you need to do is plant crops one block apart and then out two crops (the sticks) in the middle. They will breed or a weed will appear. You can get one tier higher and lower than the plants you breed. Everything else is pretty much random. (there are a few other things that go into breeding but this is enough to get started) A common start is to use Netherwart and Sugarcane. It can get you most crops of you do it long enough.

So i made a few asphalt blocks (wet concrete -> concrete block -> chisel into apshalt) and i get LOWER movement speed on it. Is that intentional?

Yes, I noticed this as well. Curious to know if it's a big.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
[EDIT: Manual Kinetic Generator solved my problem
Side note, there should definitely be a different work (added recipe) around to this. Perhaps an iron block and a chipset with an unused configuration in the assembler or bender (even though the lathe makes the most sense)? I despise making machines for ONE SINGLE USE lol.

I honestly can't tell if/why it would be intentional. I've seen it posted before, and assumed it was a bug so EVERY update i've gone and changed the config to it's default setting so that it's on par with GT concrete speeds.

Something that's been also been bothering me. Certain bee breeds don't indicate that they require to be bred in the nether. They just say Hot/Hellish Arid etc., which can be emulated in the industrial alveary, yet they won't mutate. Frugal is my latest example. Spent forever trying to get them and just thought I had bad luck.

Also with biome mods it's difficult to tell what is considered a 'mountain' boime. I'm trying to get Neighsayer bees for their stats, and one of their predecessors require breeding in mountains. I've seen boimes that definitely look like mountains, but apparently aren't or else I've just had bad luck once again. Somewhat frustrating.

C

codewarrior0

FYI, there are some new heating coils in GT5-Unofficial and the quest book hasn't been updated to reflect them. Here's what they do:

Nichrome coils (3600K) allow Tungsten, Tungstensteel, Enderium, and Osmium
Tungstensteel coils (4500K) allow HSS-G, NiobiumTitanium, VanadiumGallium, YttriumBariumCuprate, and Enriched Naquadah
HSS-G Coils (5400K) allow HSS-E, HSS-S, Naquadah
Naquadah coils (7200K) allow Naquadah Alloy
Naquadah Alloy coils (9001K) allow Naquadria

So you'll need to upgrade your heating coils before making Tungstensteel, upgrade them again for HSS-G and superconductors, and then upgrade them again before making HSS-E/S.

C

codewarrior0

Tungstate vein seems rare. I even went so far as to recreate world, then use COFH clearblocks, and still took a while to find it. And it wasn't there in my original world when I went to the same coords.

I had to visit the End to find a Tungstate vein. Only a tiny handful of veins are allowed to spawn there, making Tungstate more likely to spawn. And even if it doesn't, you can process large amounts of Endstone to get a decent pile of of Tungstate dusts.

Do Heads from "Headcrumbs" mod count towards Thaumcraft's Infusion Altar stability?

Definitely yes. Headcrumbs has explicit compatibility with Thaumcraft. If in doubt about a stabilizer, use the Abacus from Witching Gadgets to check.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Side note, there should definitely be a different work (added recipe) around to this. Perhaps an iron block and a chipset with an unused configuration in the assembler or bender (even though the lathe makes the most sense)? I despise making machines for ONE SINGLE USE lol.

I honestly can't tell if/why it would be intentional. I've seen it posted before, and assumed it was a bug so EVERY update i've gone and changed the config to it's default setting so that it's on par with GT concrete speeds.

Something that's been also been bothering me. Certain bee breeds don't indicate that they require to be bred in the nether. They just say Hot/Hellish Arid etc., which can be emulated in the industrial alveary, yet they won't mutate. Frugal is my latest example. Spent forever trying to get them and just thought I had bad luck.

Also with biome mods it's difficult to tell what is considered a 'mountain' boime. I'm trying to get Neighsayer bees for their stats, and one of their predecessors require breeding in mountains. I've seen boimes that definitely look like mountains, but apparently aren't or else I've just had bad luck once again. Somewhat frustrating.

Extreme Hills biomes are the only biomes I know of in this pack that would be "guaranteed" to be a mountain biome. It's because they're a vanilla biome and unless Jason changed the configs for vanilla, they should even generate a small possibility of emeralds in them.

A lot of Forestry for 1.7.10 uses vanilla biome generation information, if a biome mod author doesn't add in corresponding bee biome information for their biomes, Forestry doesn't recognize it unless the mod author programs it to recognize it. That being said, the mod author for Forestry has gone to great lengths to recognize a lot of biomes from different mods, if you believe it to be a bug or issue please find the Forestry bug tracker and report it there. Also, ExtraBiomesXL adds in many biomes Forestry would otherwise not recognize, try experimenting with that if you are able to, and report your findings back here.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Finally made the Pyrolyze Oven, but the recipe for making Charcoal in it calls for an Integrated Circuit? Where is that supposed to go? When I right click the Oven Controller I don't see any slot for an IC.

Haven't powered it up to try it out yet, I still need to figure out where to put all the Creosote (I have no easy way to get it from the Oven up to my Large Boiler so I'll have to store it for now in a tank).

And speaking of fluids... what do you do with something like oxygen where it seems like every ore produces tons of it and I have no idea what I can possibly use so much oxygen for... where do you put a fluid/gas that you have a whole lot of? Should I make a tank farm with a tank for each fluid like oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, etc? But then access is difficult with a long piping run of many different fluid conduits... sigh It's getting difficult to organize now.

A nice solution would be bedrockium drums but of course at 54 diamonds per drum... ugh.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I was on the production of biogas. I decided to make it from cactuses.
Written for the robot program (from OpenComputers) to harvest cactuses.

If anyone is interested, here you can find the program itself.
http://computercraft.ru/topic/1826-ferma-kaktusov/#entry27138

Image links removed by a moderator (please use a more suitable hosting site)

-------------
Sorry for my English

Last edited by a moderator: