[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Finally made the Pyrolyze Oven, but the recipe for making Charcoal in it calls for an Integrated Circuit? Where is that supposed to go? When I right click the Oven Controller I don't see any slot for an IC.

Haven't powered it up to try it out yet, I still need to figure out where to put all the Creosote (I have no easy way to get it from the Oven up to my Large Boiler so I'll have to store it for now in a tank).

And speaking of fluids... what do you do with something like oxygen where it seems like every ore produces tons of it and I have no idea what I can possibly use so much oxygen for... where do you put a fluid/gas that you have a whole lot of? Should I make a tank farm with a tank for each fluid like oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, etc? But then access is difficult with a long piping run of many different fluid conduits... sigh It's getting difficult to organize now.

A nice solution would be bedrockium drums but of course at 54 diamonds per drum... ugh.
1)You put circut right there, top right corner.
Pyro.jpg
Thats what i dont like about MC and MC mods - interface is horrendous. Its like, there is absolutely no place for circut in there, but there it is. Why not make big whole somewhere and put big arrows --->>>PUT CIRCUIT HERE<<<---? Why person have to watch guides, ask for help on forums to do such simple, yet important task?
2)I use creosote to power my boiler. Boiler uses creosote first, so charcoal can be stored for other uses. Otherwise, i dont know.. Make lubricant?
3)For fluids, i use ExtraUtills drums (barrels). I dont know if its better value per iron/steel per volume than Railcraft tanks, but i do know, that its esier for me to build them and handle them (them=drums). But yeah, the choice is basicly between EU Drums, RC Tanks and GT Quantum tanks.
Another option, you could install Extra Cells and use ME to store luquids/gases.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Gamma... the cleanest solution would be a tank farm with 2 Dimension Transceivers at each tank, wireless fluids. LOL But to make those costs a lot of gold, to make all the Ender IO capacitors required... maybe those IC2 crops aren't looking so bad after all, having a field of gold plants sure would help the cause. :)

Speaking of gold, I use the Redstone+Magnetite vein method, with Mercury from the Redstone and Cinnabar in a Chemical Bath with the Crushed Magnetite... is this the best way to generate mass quantity of gold, the primary method? How about mob farms, I know of the Obsidian Portal mega-cube-in-the-sky Pigman grinder, are there other methods to farm mobs for gold?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The one clean route for my charcoal and creosote to go from the Pyrolyze Oven in my basement up to the Large Boiler on my roof is a column of Chisel blocks, the Laboratory Block variation. I removed those blocks to run my Ender IO conduit vertically, with the plan to use facades to hide it all. However, both attempts failed. I first tried the Applied Energistics facade made out of the little Anchors, but those refused to be placed anywhere. Then I made the Ender IO facade block, didn't bother painting it but just as well because that block also couldn't be placed anywhere in the world. What am I doing wrong? Do facades work in this pack? Is it because I'm trying to use a Chisel block as a facade?

C

codewarrior0

3)For fluids, i use ExtraUtills drums (barrels). I dont know if its better value per iron/steel per volume than Railcraft tanks, but i do know, that its esier for me to build them and handle them (them=drums). But yeah, the choice is basicly between EU Drums, RC Tanks and GT Quantum tanks.

Steel tanks can hold 3-6 times as much fluid per iron as drums. It takes 20 steel to make the smallest Steel Tank, which holds 1152 buckets. It takes 15 iron and steel to make a drum, which only holds 256 buckets. The largest tanks are even more efficient.

The one clean route for my charcoal and creosote to go from the Pyrolyze Oven in my basement up to the Large Boiler on my roof is a column of Chisel blocks, the Laboratory Block variation. I removed those blocks to run my Ender IO conduit vertically, with the plan to use facades to hide it all. However, both attempts failed. I first tried the Applied Energistics facade made out of the little Anchors, but those refused to be placed anywhere. Then I made the Ender IO facade block, didn't bother painting it but just as well because that block also couldn't be placed anywhere in the world. What am I doing wrong? Do facades work in this pack? Is it because I'm trying to use a Chisel block as a facade?

You can't place EIO Conduit Facades in the world on their own. You can only right-click them onto a conduit to cover the conduit. (The Yeta Wrench lets you see conduits that are covered). I'm pretty sure you need to paint the facades, too. If you paint the conduit facade with a Chisel block, its texture will connect with ordinary chisel blocks, something most pipe covers won't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Extreme Hills biomes are the only biomes I know of in this pack that would be "guaranteed" to be a mountain biome. It's because they're a vanilla biome and unless Jason changed the configs for vanilla, they should even generate a small possibility of emeralds in them.

A lot of Forestry for 1.7.10 uses vanilla biome generation information, if a biome mod author doesn't add in corresponding bee biome information for their biomes, Forestry doesn't recognize it unless the mod author programs it to recognize it. That being said, the mod author for Forestry has gone to great lengths to recognize a lot of biomes from different mods, if you believe it to be a bug or issue please find the Forestry bug tracker and report it there. Also, ExtraBiomesXL adds in many biomes Forestry would otherwise not recognize, try experimenting with that if you are able to, and report your findings back here.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Thanks for the info on Extreme hills. I think my confusion came from the fact that in addition to a biome mod, I added Alternate Terrain Generation. Which made a forested hills biome look taller than most mountains (extreme hills). I figured since the forested HILLS biome didn't work extreme HILLS (which are actually shorter in Y height than the forested hills I found) wouldn't work and I was becoming frustrated. So partially my fault for forgetting about ATG and making somewhat stupid assumptions. I'll try the extreme hills and see if they produce the damn bees I need.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
And speaking of fluids... what do you do with something like oxygen where it seems like every ore produces tons of it and I have no idea what I can possibly use so much oxygen for... - crop -

In my previous SSP world I used a lot of oxygen and nitrogen to process chalcopyrite and pentlandite for the Platinum Group Sludge that you can get from a highly specialized process... gets you iridium, platinum, and some other neat materials from two common ores. Making such a processing line will drain some of your excess fluids.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I know people were asking about materials for producing scrap not long ago. A few suggested tree farms, and i just found out that if you use the bibliocraft saw twice on plank you get 4x output which can then be recycled. This method is alot faster (instant depending on your autocrafting method) and consumes much less energy while converting 1 log into 8 materials for recycling.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You can't place EIO Conduit Facades in the world on their own. You can only right-click them onto a conduit to cover the conduit. (The Yeta Wrench lets you see conduits that are covered). I'm pretty sure you need to paint the facades, too. If you paint the conduit facade with a Chisel block, its texture will connect with ordinary chisel blocks, something most pipe covers won't do.

Credit to you... you answered a question I had, but hadn't asked yet and probably never would have. :) The Chisel texture connection would seem to make Ender IO facades a clear winner then, guess I'll have to make the Painter and give it a try.

Unfortunately I already redesigned my piping and wiring to make it all work without need for facades. haha A bit messier I suppose, but it was worth it, my base needed a bit of re-designing and moving things around. The fun never ends. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
In my previous SSP world I used a lot of oxygen and nitrogen to process chalcopyrite and pentlandite for the Platinum Group Sludge that you can get from a highly specialized process... gets you iridium, platinum, and some other neat materials from two common ores. Making such a processing line will drain some of your excess fluids.

Thanks... so the answer is (as always), don't void anything or throw stuff away, everything will eventually be utilized somehow, someway. It just feels almost like a waste to build a max-size Railcraft Steel tank and devote all that space to Oxygen. It almost feels like Oxygen is worth a Bedrockium drum, especially since the OV Scanner and some motivated tunneling close to bedrock seems able to summon up diamond ore veins pretty reliably... tempting.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it... the Rock Breaker - how can I put lava and water on the sides, and perhaps lava on the top of the machine, without making a total mess? It seems like a disaster waiting to happen, which is why I haven't made any Obsidian yet, I mine it by hand if needed...

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks... so the answer is (as always), don't void anything or throw stuff away, everything will eventually be utilized somehow, someway. It just feels almost like a waste to build a max-size Railcraft Steel tank and devote all that space to Oxygen. It almost feels like Oxygen is worth a Bedrockium drum, especially since the OV Scanner and some motivated tunneling close to bedrock seems able to summon up diamond ore veins pretty reliably... tempting.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it... the Rock Breaker - how can I put lava and water on the sides, and perhaps lava on the top of the machine, without making a total mess? It seems like a disaster waiting to happen, which is why I haven't made any Obsidian yet, I mine it by hand if needed...

I basically designed the rockbreaker as a 3x3 multi block that blends in with the rest of the 3x3 multiblocks like the compressor and freezer. Lava on top, water behind. Switch on block to left for toggle on/off. Power in on the right. Piping below for extraction. Used chiseled glass to show off the lava and water and it all looks nice. As long and the lava/ water is encased in something other than wood your fine.

Reactions: asb3pe
C

codewarrior0

Making that huge Steel Tank will use up a bunch of oxygen on its own. Oxygen is also a power booster for the Diesel Engine, if you choose to use it. It's also used to make explosives for the implosion compressor. Also, many ores in Purified Dust form can be smelted for more metal, rather than centrifuged and electrolyzed for a fraction of the metal plus oxygen.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Making that huge Steel Tank will use up a bunch of oxygen on its own. Oxygen is also a power booster for the Diesel Engine, if you choose to use it. It's also used to make explosives for the implosion compressor. Also, many ores in Purified Dust form can be smelted for more metal, rather than centrifuged and electrolyzed for a fraction of the metal plus oxygen.

Just take a random ore like Grossular, you get 3 Calcium, 3 Silicon, 2 Aluminium and 12 Oxygen. There's really no specialized use for Grossular - there's no tiny dusts that are important (maybe Yellow Garnet during end game phase). So this ore gets broken down into its components because there's no point having tons of Grossular Ores but there is certainly a need for at least the Silicon and Aluminium... but taking this approach to all my ores results in a LOT of Oxygen because all of these "generic" GT ores seems to have Oxygen, and a lot of it.

C

codewarrior0

Yep, lots of ores have no use other than being electrolyzed. But a few can be smelted instead. 3 Magnesite Dust can be electrolyzed for 1 Magnesium Dust and 2 Oxygen, but if you don't centrifuge it, the Purified Magnesite Dust can just be smelted for a Magnesium Ingot. In fact, here's a list: Cinnabar, Tetrahedrite, Chalcopyrite, Malachite, Pentlandite, Sphalerite, Pyrite, both Limonites, Banded Iron, Chromite, Garnierite, Cobaltite, Stibnite, Cooperite, Pyrolusite, Magnesite, Molybdenite. All of these in Purified Dust form can be smelted directly to a metal ingot instead of being electrolyzed down to elements.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Yep, lots of ores have no use other than being electrolyzed. But a few can be smelted instead. 3 Magnesite Dust can be electrolyzed for 1 Magnesium Dust and 2 Oxygen, but if you don't centrifuge it, the Purified Magnesite Dust can just be smelted for a Magnesium Ingot. In fact, here's a list: Cinnabar, Tetrahedrite, Chalcopyrite, Malachite, Pentlandite, Sphalerite, Pyrite, both Limonites, Banded Iron, Chromite, Garnierite, Cobaltite, Stibnite, Cooperite, Pyrolusite, Magnesite, Molybdenite. All of these in Purified Dust form can be smelted directly to a metal ingot instead of being electrolyzed down to elements.
on that list of ores you can process these: Cinnabar, Tetrahedrite, Chalcopyrite, Sphalerite, Brown Limonite, Cobaltite, Stibnite, Molybdenite (might have missed one or two)
through Thaumcraft early on since making ore clusters gives x3 and more of the pure metal from those ores... all you need for this type of processing is at minimum
a cauldron
a short research stint into alchemy
a macerator (to macerate the clusters, higher tier macerators gives more additional metal)

note: cinnabar gives only 2 quicksilver until you have a centrifuge.

I'm unsure about chromite since I have yet to see it in the world...

using thaumcraft to process manually mined ores makes sense only until you can make the GT adv miner II since that gives 5x crushed ore if I remember correctly.

Reactions: codewarrior0
T

targetingyou78

Thanks Gamma... the cleanest solution would be a tank farm with 2 Dimension Transceivers at each tank, wireless fluids. LOL But to make those costs a lot of gold, to make all the Ender IO capacitors required... maybe those IC2 crops aren't looking so bad after all, having a field of gold plants sure would help the cause. :)

Speaking of gold, I use the Redstone+Magnetite vein method, with Mercury from the Redstone and Cinnabar in a Chemical Bath with the Crushed Magnetite... is this the best way to generate mass quantity of gold, the primary method? How about mob farms, I know of the Obsidian Portal mega-cube-in-the-sky Pigman grinder, are there other methods to farm mobs for gold?

I got a nice little treat for you. If you're into bees, dripping combs + melons -> glistening melons. Smelt them and boom 8 gold ingots! :)

Reactions: codewarrior0
S

Sven "flamestrider"

I got a nice little treat for you. If you're into bees, dripping combs + melons -> glistening melons. Smelt them and boom 8 gold ingots! :)
I believe you could even extract methane from them and still get the gold out, is that still the case?

I

Innocentius

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 11/30/16 7:44 PM
Description: Rendering screen

java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen
at buildcraft.api.core.EnumColor.getIcon(EnumColor.java:199)
at buildcraft.robotics.gui.GuiZonePlan$AreaSlot.getIcon(GuiZonePlan.java:91)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.AdvancedSlot.drawSprite(AdvancedSlot.java:89)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.GuiAdvancedInterface.drawBackgroundSlots(GuiAdvancedInterface.java:88)
at buildcraft.robotics.gui.GuiZonePlan.func_146976_a(GuiZonePlan.java:216)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:78)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.GuiBuildCraft.func_73863_a(GuiBuildCraft.java:75)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1061)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:394)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)
Game crashes when i try to use Zone Planner from BC Robotics. Help!!!

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly can't tell if/why it would be intentional. I've seen it posted before, and assumed it was a bug so EVERY update i've gone and changed the config to it's default setting so that it's on par with GT concrete speeds.
Where exactly and what sould i change? Mind helping out here?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 11/30/16 7:44 PM
Description: Rendering screen

java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen
at buildcraft.api.core.EnumColor.getIcon(EnumColor.java:199)
at buildcraft.robotics.gui.GuiZonePlan$AreaSlot.getIcon(GuiZonePlan.java:91)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.AdvancedSlot.drawSprite(AdvancedSlot.java:89)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.GuiAdvancedInterface.drawBackgroundSlots(GuiAdvancedInterface.java:88)
at buildcraft.robotics.gui.GuiZonePlan.func_146976_a(GuiZonePlan.java:216)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73863_a(GuiContainer.java:78)
at buildcraft.core.lib.gui.GuiBuildCraft.func_73863_a(GuiBuildCraft.java:75)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1061)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1001)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:310)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:394)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:170)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)
Game crashes when i try to use Zone Planner from BC Robotics. Help!!!

I completely forgot. I've got the same issue.

Where exactly and what sould i change? Mind helping out here?

Chisel config, in config folder. Just control-F and look for concrete or speed. Change the value to the default value (I believe 1.4) save and exit.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the info on Extreme hills. I think my confusion came from the fact that in addition to a biome mod, I added Alternate Terrain Generation. Which made a forested hills biome look taller than most mountains (extreme hills). I figured since the forested HILLS biome didn't work extreme HILLS (which are actually shorter in Y height than the forested hills I found) wouldn't work and I was becoming frustrated. So partially my fault for forgetting about ATG and making somewhat stupid assumptions. I'll try the extreme hills and see if they produce the damn bees I need.

Hmm, in my confusion I had meant to write Extra Bees not Biomes, this is a Binnie's Core mod that adds extra bees, and extra biome information in some cases, for 1.7.10 - my apologies for any confusion resulting from that. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid