[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

H

Herrminator1994

Tungstate vein seems rare. I even went so far as to recreate world, then use COFH clearblocks, and still took a while to find it. And it wasn't there in my original world when I went to the same coords.

T

targetingyou78

Guys, has anyone used an OV scanner. I can't seem to charge mine. Any advice?

T

targetingyou78

I went into creative and have done testing with all voltages from the tier above ZPM all the way down to LV and I can not charge either Crystals or the OD scanner in battery buffers. Also, I notice that there are battery buffers for every voltage but there are no eu storage devices for multiple tiers of Voltages. (At least none that I could find)

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I went into creative and have done testing with all voltages from the tier above ZPM all the way down to LV and I can not charge either Crystals or the OD scanner in battery buffers. Also, I notice that there are battery buffers for every voltage but there are no eu storage devices for multiple tiers of Voltages. (At least none that I could find)
Tantalum Capacitor, 8V ULV
Small Battery, 32V LV
Medium Battery, 128V MV
Large Battery & Energy Crystal, 512V HV
Lapotron Crystal, 2048V EV
Lapotronic Energy Orb, 8192V IV
Lapotronic Energy Orb Cluster 32768V LuV
Zero Point Module, 131072V ZPMV
Ultimate Battery 524288V UV
2147483647V MaxV
Can't remember off my head if there is a battery for MaxV but all the other tiers have batteries I remember. :)

Reactions: targetingyou78

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
2016-11-27_00.18.51.png
When you've played so many steam-era worlds that you can't be bothered to screw around with pipes anymore.

(Started a new world)

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Is Mining Laser recipe bugged?

1)I "insert" recipe directly from NEI -> Laser is "there", but i cant craft it, nothing happens when i click it.
http://imgur.com/DQiyx3L
2)I insert all parts manually, and laser icon dissapears on putting Charging Lapotron Crystal (both charged and discharged), no craft at all.
http://imgur.com/mn9oo2W
Basicly, as soon as i put Charging Lapotron Crystal into crafting grid, crafting is no longer available.

http://imgur.com/a/QpiSK

Last edited:

stuned

Jul 29, 2019
I've successfully been using biogas in my LV Gas Turbines, I use 5 of them with biogas to run my EBF at MV voltage levels thru 2 GT transformers. They will hold 16 buckets of fuel each, 16000 mb worth, so if only 70 mb is going in, something is wrong with your piping. I use Ender IO conduits (lowest tier version) to get the biogas from my Railcraft Iron Tank, and I use all the different sides to connect the conduit to the Turbine, even the side with the fanblade graphic is a valid fluid input side.

So what method of piping the biogas are you using? I'd start by looking there since you say your turbines aren't filling up properly. You might want to practice in a single-player creative world so you don't waste all your biogas.

Now i feel a little noobish :p. As you mentioned i tryed my setup in creative and anything worked as intended. My Gas turbine where using Methan and Biogas,
In my single player world it refuses to do the same work .
I did try every type of piping, i used Ender Io conduits , Gt pipes and the ender Io tank with output enable to the gas turbine.
So maybe my world went slowly wrong
But Diesel is working fine so i will do a Biofuel line.

But thanks anyway for the Help asb3pe :)

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That feeling when you find a vien you can use! Also, we can make the OD scanner around HV? I love discovering things! I'll have to check that tonight!

Yes but it's pretty useless really. LOL OD Scanner only checks 5 blocks around you, while the OV Scanner checks 9 blocks, which may not sound like much difference but every extra block of distance you can scan saves you time and effort tunneling (i.e. you can space your tunnels wider and let the scan cover the in-between blocks).

I've tunneled a 36x36 chunk area at elevation 25, with a tunnel every 3 chunks, and I did an OD Scan every 8 blocks (at every torch I placed, basically)... out of all that scanning, I found one vein, a diamond vein, when I noticed a few Graphite Ores registering on the Scanner... other than that one hidden find, the OD Scanner was entirely a waste of time. If my mining didn't hit a vein, there wasn't one there, and I can feel pretty safe about it. The OD Scanner simply doesn't look far enough into the walls and won't help much, except in that rare instance where you just barely missed an ore vein with your tunnel. I confirmed that it is a very rare occurrance. Certainly it's a tool you probably want to use, but I wouldn't get overly excited if you don't have one and can't make one yet. There's no substitute for putting pickaxe (or drill) to stone, and dig until you hit ore.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, has anyone used an OV scanner. I can't seem to charge mine. Any advice?

LV Battery Buffer charges up the OD Scanner, so I assume that probably means you can only charge the OV Scanner in an MV Buffer Box. Are you trying to use LV?

I also use the IC2 Advanced Charging Battery for my power tools, which charges slowly but it does help extend the time I'm able to use my tools before heading back to base. That battery does recharge the OD Scanner on the fly, as I use it, so you might want to give that a try as well. No idea if it works with the OV Scanner or not tho, but I think it should work.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So am i the only one with this?

Since I was just about ready to make the IC2 Mining Laser, I'd like to know the answer as well, because you have me worried. I used the Mining Laser in a previous play-thru of the modpack and it is just awesome. The whole time I've been playing in this most recent world, one of my goals was to get to the point where I can make that Mining Laser! I'm there now, I've got HV Autoclave and a steady HV power feed, so I can make my Energium Crystals now. But I'll wait to see any replies.

One unfortunate thing is, I'm playing an older version of the modpack with the old recipe (I've been reading that the new recipe requires an Exquisite Diamond or something like that). So my experience isn't really applicable to anyone else, and your experience may not be applicable to me. It's not my server, so I don't get to decide what version of the pack to run. :)

Since the recipe was recently changed for the Mining Laser, I'd say there's probably a good chance you've encountered a recipe bug. I seem to run into them all the time with the way IC2 items are handled (a lot of metadata that always gets screwed up).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

The EU storage devices were the IC2 BatBox, CESU, MFE, MFSU, etc. But those are now disabled in the modpack and we just use the GT Battery Buffers as a replacement for those IC2 storage blocks.

Also, as I indicated above, the LV Battery Buffer does charge the OD Scanner, but I don't know which tier of voltage charges the OV Scanner (since I didn't make that one yet, I assume it requires MV Battery Buffer).

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So am i the only one with this?
Since I was just about ready to make the IC2 Mining Laser, I'd like to know the answer as well, because you have me worried. I used the Mining Laser in a previous play-thru of the modpack and it is just awesome. The whole time I've been playing in this most recent world, one of my goals was to get to the point where I can make that Mining Laser! I'm there now, I've got HV Autoclave and a steady HV power feed, so I can make my Energium Crystals now. But I'll wait to see any replies.

One unfortunate thing is, I'm playing an older version of the modpack with the old recipe (I've been reading that the new recipe requires an Exquisite Diamond or something like that). So my experience isn't really applicable to anyone else, and your experience may not be applicable to me. It's not my server, so I don't get to decide what version of the pack to run. :)
Oh that is what I wanted to check out. Give me few minutes :)

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
I just want to report an issue in case anyone else has been having it. Turning off the day night cycle via game rule causes issues with the right click of items in the inventory. Randomly you will not be able to use the right click function of buckets or open thaumcraft books or the quest book.

@ Innocentius you need to research infusion, which is unlocked via the research of a vinteum crystal

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
How to unlock straw golems? What do i need to research to unlock their?

You need infusion crafting- which needs the vintium crystal research found in the alchemy tab. (Research tree which branches to the left).
Just a fair heads up- the golem recipes have been Gregged a little bit.

On the topic of Thaumcraft- how do I unlock the infernal blast furnace? (assuming its enabled- I can see smelting recipes using it in NEI).