[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

G

Greyfell309

Ok, a few weird things happened when i make neutronium. Frist, it gives 2mB every 2 minutes instead of 1 mB every minute, like NEI says. Second, NEI says that the recipe takes 98 000 EU/t but i am able to sustain the fusion, one blast furnace with 2 EV hatches and 6 processing arrays each with one HV hatch with just ONE Large Plasma Generator with a large HSS-S turbine. Why? By my math, the turbine only produces 58.8 EU/t. I'm using nickel plasma. Not that i,m complaining, but I made another plasma turbine for nothing.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I updated and all my lanthanum dust got turned into "gt.metaitem.01.2064.name".

Edit: haha why do void metal nuggets smelt into more void metal nuggets?
Because unused and worthless items from GT were removed in order to speed up loading times.
so i noticed that some of my processing has stopped, and checking it i discover that after the update , we can no longer turn mercury into quicksilver balls in the solidifier... is that intended?
There is a lot that happened in GT.24, a lots of GT materials were disabled as I said above to speed up loading times. That also goes for certain processings, even when the process gave an item from different mod. There might be more like this. Better would be to make a list of them, post them on the Issue Tracker. I already uploaded v3.2.12 to the FTB servers, because it was not reported on the Issue Tracker.

So next time even if you are not sure if it is bug, or intention... Make a report on Issue Tracker...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
And speaking of v3.2.12....
Modpack hotfix v3.2.12 comming soon
Quests:
- Fixed Kanthal coils in Pyrolysis Quest
- Repeatable Cracking quests made bit less OP
- Slight nerf to Tungsten and Tungstensteel Shop
- Fixed icons and labels in shop

Changes/fixes:

- Workaround fix for Aluminum Compressed Plates (yes it is cheaper on dynamite than other Compressed Plates, deal with it for now)
- Fixed nugget dupe
- Fixed certain components not craftable (like Quartzite Screw or Tin Spring/Tin Long Rod) - If more are found, please let us know)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is possible. Go to config/microblocks and put all the blocks in there. (Or make a request on Issue Tracker, and I will put it on the list for next update)

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, a few weird things happened when i make neutronium. Frist, it gives 2mB every 2 minutes instead of 1 mB every minute, like NEI says. Second, NEI says that the recipe takes 98 000 EU/t but i am able to sustain the fusion, one blast furnace with 2 EV hatches and 6 processing arrays each with one HV hatch with just ONE Large Plasma Generator with a large HSS-S turbine. Why? By my math, the turbine only produces 58.8 EU/t. I'm using nickel plasma. Not that i,m complaining, but I made another plasma turbine for nothing.

Out of curiosity, what reaction and what setup are you using to sustain the mk3 fusion? I did it twice on different servers with different setups - the easy one and the complex one. The easy one is described and documented with screenshots somewhere in this thread if you're interested (fusion from bees only), the other one was very complicated (fusion from just water, trees and cobble).
I had several other setups in mind, I wonder if you came up with something I didn't think of.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
When i was updating my calculation sheet i noticed some differences between NEI and the recepies config file. Which one is accurate? For instance naphta is 256 eu per mb but according to the recepies config it is 128. So the question is what should i trust, NEI or config file. I assume the later

Beyond that i couldnt seem to find any changes though. Gonna take a look into a different processing route later this week into cracking heavy fuels into light fuels and see how that turns out.

(scratch the steam to hydrogen idea, steam to methane is just plain better)

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
How long untill 3.2.13? im afraid i have already downloaded the broken one :(
When Watchful will upload it on the repo. Also the 3.2.12 is broken in a way that it will not install... I recommend changing the pack version manually to the one before 3.2.12.

G

Greyfell309

Out of curiosity, what reaction and what setup are you using to sustain the mk3 fusion? I did it twice on different servers with different setups - the easy one and the complex one. The easy one is described and documented with screenshots somewhere in this thread if you're interested (fusion from bees only), the other one was very complicated (fusion from just water, trees and cobble).
I had several other setups in mind, I wonder if you came up with something I didn't think of.
I made like 14 million nitrogen plasma with the mark 2 reactor, put it all in a bedrock drum, by fusing deuterium and beryllium. Deuterium i make in 4 processing array. That took some time, but that amount of plasma will last a VERY long time. After all the americium and the neutronium i made I still have 8 milion plasma remaining. I did made nickel plasma just after i finished the mark 3, about 180 buckets, but that did'nt last very much. Now i'm making iron plasma as much as i can and then go for 14 more neutronium ingots to make the ultimate battery. Since americium production started, i made another 20 milion deuterium, so energy is not a problem.. And this is just the fusion part of my base. The rest is running on LHE (wich i will take down shortly) and a Mark III Naquadah reactor. I found 3 asteroids full of naquadah and seems that this will last forever in just one naquadah reator :D

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Did some interesting calculations for an even more advanced version of the oil refinery where you skip nitro diesel and instead produce only gaseous fuels (methanol, LPG and naphta (some toluene and lubricant)). Basically you crack light fuel into gaseous fuels instead of turning it into nitro diesel.

Not sure if it is worth it though, it requires another cracking unit, another distillation tower and the net energy output is slightly lower than doing nitro diesel. However the upside is that everything can be burnt in a gas turbine.

Moreover since the methane production is much higher you can actually sustain the entire requirement for hydrogen from the methane with quite a lot of excess and therefore completly skip electrolyzing water if you want.

Last edited:
A

aBash

There is Another Problem, my Bigreactor Turbin was not working and i found the Problem in the "enderiumBlocks" this is now named "gt.metadata.item.01.xXXXX" ! Something was gooing wrong by the update

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
There is Another Problem, my Bigreactor Turbin was not working and i found the Problem in the "enderiumBlocks" this is now named "gt.metadata.item.01.xXXXX" ! Something was gooing wrong by the update
I honestly expect that from time to time, there will be some blocks/items that are missing because of new material system. The best what you can all do, is to report the missing blocks (or wierdly named ones) on github, where I can see them easily. Also do not throw away the wierdly named ones. When fix happens, they will be back to what they should be.

Also before you will be reporting these, always make sure you are using Latest modpack version.

L

Lithorn

Was removed, as well as Astral Silver, Knight metal, Enderium. Odd thing is, I still have my steeleaf Drill, but there is no more steeleaf. So there is that. Removing certain metals left many holes in thaum, and I am not going to reset all that research just to fix it.
So far it all works, does boot up faster.

Also my base is being forced loaded, I am not sure how. Keep coming back to no energy and im the only one playing

Last edited:
L

Lithorn

So. Energypacks seem to do nothing, well.. They can be used as a battery but not to charge any gregtech tools. Not a bad choice for batterys, but I am worried what the voltage for Advanced Packs and Ultimate packs will be. Energypacks I think are 512? So I would assume the other two would be EV? Making Advanced Packs seems like a waste unless you are doing a jetpack, just go from Energypacks right into Ultimate Packs. 30m a pack for 1 slot over 10m for a Lap Crystal, early on thats pretty good