[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to pop in and say that the Magic Apiary from Magic bees is busted, apparently the ISides is broken and no side will accept inputs. The issue has been brought to the attention of the mod maker 6 days ago, and I do hope that it is fixed sometime as I really wanted to use them.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to pop in and say that the Magic Apiary from Magic bees is busted, apparently the ISides is broken and no side will accept inputs. The issue has been brought to the attention of the mod maker 6 days ago, and I do hope that it is fixed sometime as I really wanted to use them.
Thanks for the heads up. Can you link here the issue so I can keep an eye on it?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to map out a route to getting dark steel. This needs the vacuum freezer, which itself entails various HV machines and components.

I'm starting to get a few of the components going but just wanted to know if anyone knows a 'better' way to get the polytetrafluoroethylene than this:

Machine: LV Distillery 256 EU @ 16 EU/t
Input: 25mb Oil
Integrated Circuit – config 0
Output: 30mb Sulfuric Gas

Machine: LV Chemical Reactor 4800 EU @ 30 EU/t
Input: Hydrogen Cell
Empty Cell
16000mb Sulfuric Gas
Output: 16000mb Refinery Gas (+ 2x Hydrogen Sulfide Cells)

Machine: LV Centrifuge 250 EU @ 5 EU/t
Input: Empty Cell
2000mb Refinery Gas
Output: LPG Cell (+ 1000Mb Methane)

Machine: LV Chemical Reactor 14400 EU @ 30 EU/t
Input: 1x Carbon Dust
Chlorine Cell
432mb LPG
Output: 432mb Epichlorohydrin

Machine: HV Chemical Reactor 61440 EU @ 256 EU/t
Input: 3x Naphtha Cells
Fluorine Cell
432mb Epichlorohydrin
Output: 432mb Molten Polytetrafluoroethylene

Any thoughts?

G

Greyfell309

If you want lots of plastic, get your oil industry going... At least 2 distilation towers and an Oil cracker

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
If you want lots of plastic, get your oil industry going... At least 2 distilation towers and an Oil cracker

Yeah sure - I'm actually sitting on a large oilsands deposit so not too worried about getting the resources at the moment. I was asking about the actual production process. It seems pretty involved and wasn't sure if I'd missed any other methods.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
polytetrafluoroethylene is meant to be complex and annoying to make. compared to it, the normal plastic can be made quite easy.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
No problem with the complexity Blood, - just wanted someone to check I wasn't making a mistake :)

EDIT. Actually just watch an unggod video and it confirmed I wasn't making any errors, so that's good.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could rise the efficiency but that would make it even more complex. Using a Distillation Tower and Cracking unit to get the most from your oil.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could rise the efficiency but that would make it even more complex. Using a Distillation Tower and Cracking unit to get the most from your oil.

Fair enough - that's what Greyfell mentioned.

Also, unggod mentions that a lot of the info I'm looking for comes in the quest book after you get various samples of oil from the drilling rig.

So that's going to be my next task anyway.

A

AlphaA

Am I correct that I can't carry out a recipe which needs 32 EU voltage in an LV machine, because there's no way to actually supply 32 EU voltage to the machine? The only lossless cable seems to be red alloy, but I guess it'll burn at 32 EU voltage. Wanted to make a Forestry farm and need Tin Electron Tubes out of an assembler...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the recipe requires exactly 32 EU/t, you could use a battery buffer with two batteries in it and run 2x tin cable (or 4 batteries and 4x cable). I'm sure that would work.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I found a work around for my issue, the magic apiaries have a direction dependence on insertion and extraction, and the queen/drone slot can be extracted from, ergo two ender io conduits are needed to automate rather then one. A fair tradeoff given the power of these apiaries compared to the base one.

A

AlphaA

Assuming the recipe requires exactly 32 EU/t, you could use a battery buffer with two batteries in it and run 2x tin cable (or 4 batteries and 4x cable). I'm sure that would work.

I'll try that soon, thanks. I also overlooked that I need molten glas for the recipe, so no wonder that it wouldn't work :)
However, I always have trouble understanding the energy system. The recipe needs 32 EU voltage and 1 Amp current netting an electric power (P=V*I=32 EU * 1 1/t) of 32 EU/t. Losses are applied to the voltage (package size) like in real physics as I undertand. A package loses x EU per block of voltage. In case of a 2x Tin-cable 1 EU/block. If I connect my battery buffer with one 2x Tin-cable to the assembler, why would that work? The voltage should drop to 31 EU at the machine or not? But the recipe would still work? Therefore the voltage of the recipe must not be met to carry it out, only the power requirement which can be achieved with higher current?
Second question:
If I put 16 batteries in a LV battery buffer, that buffer would be able to emit 16 amps. If I connect a machine which needs only one amp, would the other 15 amps be wasted during operation or would the buffer only emit what is needed by the consumers like in the real world?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a complete understanding I'm afraid, but I'm not sure you can get around a 32EU/t recipe without some loss, unless you butt the machine right up against an LV generator or battery buffer. The generator will output 32EU/t.

Looking here (http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity) it says machines can accept 2 or 3 amps, so if you have a 2x wire then 2 packets (of LV say) can arrive at the machine and even with the cable loss, the recipe will work. I imagine the difference between the '2 packets minus loss' and the recipe requirement is wasted, yes. Not 100% on that though.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys, I'm starting bee breeding and I have a few questions:

- I'm trying to get neighsayer bees and I wonder if biome locked mutations can occur in ExtrabiomesXL equivalent? my base is in a meadow biome, can I get mutations that require plains in a meadow?

- as binnie's isn't in the pack ( :( ) what are the good frames to use? I know necrotic reduces life cycles but which one is good for mutation? (also do I have to start using thaumcraft or can I play without it? the thaumic restorer looks really interesting with oblivion frames)

- how bad is it to add binnie's mod in infitech 2? I really like this mod ;)

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I can't craft a beealyzer. Anybody know why?
1PgI33u.png