[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

U

UNG_God

anyone knows how we make the oil rig draw the pipes back?

Also i found a issue, where the advanced filing cabinet from extra utilities do not work like it should, the normal one does, but the advanced who should be the normal+ , is not, for what i poorly tested, only accept tools , where it should accept anything.

I cannot recommend using logistic pipes enough

i could say so, but i did not tried it, the diamond requirement pushed me away, and i had a wrong thought that the auto crafting would require the auto work bench as the other does, but it does not, i am close to get AE, so making logistic for crafting now feel awkward.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a block (projectred perhaps?) that can act as a 'threshold' for a given redstone signal.

By which I mean if the input signal strength is greater than n (configurable), the output is a full signal but if the input is less than or equal to n, the output is no signal.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know of a block (projectred perhaps?) that can act as a 'threshold' for a given redstone signal.

By which I mean if the input signal strength is greater than n (configurable), the output is a full signal but if the input is less than or equal to n, the output is no signal.
Doesn't a vanilla comparator do this?

Automagy also has a redcrystal for this. I forget what its called. Or if we still have Automagy :\

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think so. In fact I want the 'threshold' block to sit in front of a comparator that's measuring the amount of fluid in a tank. I want to fire up a boiler when the comparator value is say 3, and turn it off when the value is say 12. But to measure that I have to run two lines of redstone, one of length 3 and one of length 12. Was hoping to make it a little more compact.

Automagy is still in the pack - will try and find the block.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Don't think so. In fact I want the 'threshold' block to sit in front of a comparator that's measuring the amount of fluid in a tank. I want to fire up a boiler when the comparator value is say 3, and turn it off when the value is say 12. But to measure that I have to run two lines of redstone, one of length 3 and one of length 12. Was hoping to make it a little more compact.

Automagy is still in the pack - will try and find the block.
Honestly I think a comparator in Subtract mode is what you want, although Automagy has more compact tricks. It does potentially mean doubling-up comparators (which I've done). The signal that comes out won't necessarily be a "full" signal, but you'll have a signal which you can then transform into full (using red alloy wire or whatever).

Also you're going to need a set-reset Latch for your setup (RS Latch in project red etc). I've done them in this pack (I actually have images in this thread somewhere).

@Xavion btw has a latching setup which is more compact than mine. I can't work my brain around his and I can't promise its fool proof (I find poorly-designed tank-latches fall apart sometimes after a while).

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I think a comparator in Subtract mode is what you want, although Automagy has more compact tricks. It does potentially mean doubling-up comparators (which I've done). The signal that comes out won't necessarily be a "full" signal, but you'll have a signal which you can then transform into full (using red alloy wire or whatever).

Also you're going to need a set-reset Latch for your setup (RS Latch in project red etc). I've done them in this pack (I actually have images in this thread somewhere).

@Xavion btw has a latching setup which is more compact than mine. I can't work my brain around his and I can't promise its fool proof (I find poorly-designed tank-latches fall apart sometimes after a while).

Looking at the Thaumonomicon, I think it's the 'dense' redcrystal that at least sounds like it'll work. That would be very handy indeed. And I'll have to look into the subtract mode (haven't really done so before).

For what it's worth, I have got a setup working and without the 'threshold' block.

Basically it's two AND gates attached to a toggle latch ...

1) if the tank is nearly empty AND the toggle state is OFF, then the toggle latch (and the boiler) gets turned ON.
2) if the tank is nearly full AND the toggle state is ON, then the toggle latch (and the boiler) gets turned OFF.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Looking at the Thaumonomicon, I think it's the 'dense' redcrystal that at least sounds like it'll work. That would be very handy indeed. And I'll have to look into the subtract mode (haven't really done so before).

For what it's worth, I have got a setup working and without the 'threshold' block.

Basically it's two AND gates attached to a toggle latch ...

1) if the tank is nearly empty AND the toggle state is OFF, then the toggle latch (and the boiler) gets turned ON.
2) if the tank is nearly full AND the toggle state is ON, then the toggle latch (and the boiler) gets turned OFF.
I had trouble with the t-latch last time I tried it, but I see you're actually evaluating the state of the latch itself when performing logic. Can you test what happens if the level "bobs" around your threshold?

Also, just fyi, I think automagy has a redcrystal that functions as a signal emitter, in case you're trying to generate a signal of specific strength (preferable to running long lines of redstone dust). I forget which one it is.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully :rolleyes: it shouldn't bob around at all. The on switch (as it were) will be quite a while later after the off switch (and vice versa).

At least, I think that's what you mean.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just fyi, I think automagy has a redcrystal that functions as a signal emitter, in case you're trying to generate a signal of specific strength (preferable to running long lines of redstone dust). I forget which one it is.

Dense redcrystal it is! Thanks for that - *exactly* what I was hoping for.

Reactions: Pyure

Tuxi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with the pack. Sometimes in some chunks lights arent updating after mining a block. The areas just stay at light level 0. If I place a torch only the block I placed the torch in gets updated light level. The problem is fixed after reconnecting to server but it's very annoying.

I remember playing this pack a year or so ago and didn't have this problem. Pack is untouched and I'm playing on a dedicated server alone.

A

AlphaA

Just in case you haven't seen this page ... http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5_Unofficial.

By the way, you might find some actual iron ore 'in between' the magnetite vein. Most of the veins I've seen it's gold that's 'in-between' but always worth a poke around, especially if you haven't found iron elsewhere yet.

That's exactly what I did. I haven't found a Limonite vein yet, but the Magnetite veins are pretty vast.

Next question:
Is there a way to keep a chunk loaded while I'm off somewhere else? The actual chunkloaders seem pretty much mid/endgame content. Since my macerator takes like forever that would be much help ;)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what I did. I haven't found a Limonite vein yet, but the Magnetite veins are pretty vast.

Next question:
Is there a way to keep a chunk loaded while I'm off somewhere else? The actual chunkloaders seem pretty much mid/endgame content. Since my macerator takes like forever that would be much help ;)
As far as i know, the earliest chunk loading option would be a Dimensional anchor which will rewuire fuel.

Perhaps railcraft anchor but i forvot the recipe.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that to get into Steve's Carts I'm going to need Pnumaticraft PCBs. Other than just following NEI and building out a bunch of Pnumaticraft infrastructure, (sigh), I'm wondering where do I get squid plant seeds?

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019

Next question:
Railcraft anchors are very cheap in this pack. Practically the same as unmodified Railcraft. You just need enderperls to run them.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So i've decided to go back and complete a load of quest in my Quest book. But it stucked at "Avenger Assemble" in the Steel age. I have both machines completed and at 100% in the book but i can't advanced (if there is another step that should unlock) or select the reward. I think i recall something about a bug requring a "reset" of some sort for the Quest book but i can't seem to find it. PLus, i'm not even sure that is the problem either.

Edit: After some more crwaling arround the thread, i found the answer i was looking for on page 506. I quote @Jason McRay "You can cheat in creative quest book (via /hqm edit and shift+click that quest to reset it and shift click it again to finish it).."

Last edited:
A

AlphaA

Railcraft anchors are very cheap in this pack. Practically the same as unmodified Railcraft. You just need enderperls to run them.

I'll try this soon ;)

Now I'm about to craft my first steam turbine. The next machines will consume quite a bit of rubber, which can only be crafted with sulfur dust at this point. I've read the nether offers alot of sulfur, so I plan to build a portal. To get the necessary obsidian, I need a tier 3 pickaxe. I went hunting for small diamond ores, even found a couple, but all dropped as diamond dust. Is there any way to make a diamond out of the dust without an implosion compressor? Or which material can be used to make a tier 3 pickaxe at this progression? They all seem pretty exotic :/

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Unless this has changed in recent versions, you should be able to make a tier 3 pickaxe with the thaumcraft shards. they also give a special effect on the pickaxe; I believe it was silk touch for ordo and the earth shards should be a good one as well.

G

Greyfell309

I'll try this soon ;)

Now I'm about to craft my first steam turbine. The next machines will consume quite a bit of rubber, which can only be crafted with sulfur dust at this point. I've read the nether offers alot of sulfur, so I plan to build a portal. To get the necessary obsidian, I need a tier 3 pickaxe. I went hunting for small diamond ores, even found a couple, but all dropped as diamond dust. Is there any way to make a diamond out of the dust without an implosion compressor? Or which material can be used to make a tier 3 pickaxe at this progression? They all seem pretty exotic :/
There is tons of sulfur sources in the Overworld. I think pyrite is one of them. Just look for electrolyzer and centrifuge recepies for sulfur dust, u will find many sources.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, is there anything you would be able to do about the sheer number of recipe variations in this modpack? I mean, is there some add-on for NEI or some mod you could add that would allow filtering of extra recipes that make something? Since machine recycling is a thing in GregTech a huge amount of extra recipes get added for every tier of machine for each machine which blows out the number of recipes one has to look at to find just one dust recipe. It would be helpful if you could find something that would aid the user in finding particular variants of recipes faster.

I recall spending large amounts of time just finding a recipe for something simple, so even some mod that allows you to view more than two recipes per page would make looking through your modpack's recipes a lot easier.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
I need some advice, I'm planning to build a large multi fluid reactor - heat exchanger - multi turbine setup. If I've done my math (and please correct anything I've gotten badly wrong) right putting 4000 hot coolant per second through the heat exchanger makes 160000 super heated steam now? I think I'll need something like 8 super heated steam + 8 steam turbines (21000 flow rotors) to consume this. Where I'm stuck is how to move that much fluid out of the heat exchanger fast enough and into the turbines?
Ender fluid conduits appear to have a limit per connection of 6000/sec and per network of 24000/sec; they seem out of the question for this volume of heated steam, but should work for the hot/cold coolants and distilled water.
Any suggestions how to move that much steam with limited connections on the heat exchanger?
All I can think up right now is experimenting with transvector interfaces to virtually place the turbines directly against the output hatches of the heat exchanger and using fluid regulator covers to move the fluid from hatch to hatch? (Though I've never used the regulators, they are labeled as configurable, are they tunable the same way the ic2 regulator is?)