[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'll try this soon ;)

Now I'm about to craft my first steam turbine. The next machines will consume quite a bit of rubber, which can only be crafted with sulfur dust at this point. I've read the nether offers alot of sulfur, so I plan to build a portal. To get the necessary obsidian, I need a tier 3 pickaxe. I went hunting for small diamond ores, even found a couple, but all dropped as diamond dust. Is there any way to make a diamond out of the dust without an implosion compressor? Or which material can be used to make a tier 3 pickaxe at this progression? They all seem pretty exotic :/
Early game the easiest obsidian-breakers are diamonds, either from small ore or from ocean-biome-geodes("vanilla" ore in them), or cobalt... if you like exploring a lot you might also have run into enough irridium to make a early T3 pickaxe.
You can also make ind.diamonds in a normal compressor if you have access to obsidian...
I'm sure I'm forgetting some options early on but at least you have some for thought :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I need some advice, I'm planning to build a large multi fluid reactor - heat exchanger - multi turbine setup.
Maybe this helps you: http://imgur.com/a/h8n8t
Jason, is there anything you would be able to do about the sheer number of recipe variations in this modpack?
GT is currently going trough an cleanup removing a lot recipes that confuse players. In GT5.09.21 what currently is in IT2, most of the recycling recipes are already hidden. Currently going on is the removal of unused materials and itemtypes. That should also improve loading times.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"
G

Greyfell309

I need some advice, I'm planning to build a large multi fluid reactor - heat exchanger - multi turbine setup. If I've done my math (and please correct anything I've gotten badly wrong) right putting 4000 hot coolant per second through the heat exchanger makes 160000 super heated steam now? I think I'll need something like 8 super heated steam + 8 steam turbines (21000 flow rotors) to consume this. Where I'm stuck is how to move that much fluid out of the heat exchanger fast enough and into the turbines?
Ender fluid conduits appear to have a limit per connection of 6000/sec and per network of 24000/sec; they seem out of the question for this volume of heated steam, but should work for the hot/cold coolants and distilled water.
Any suggestions how to move that much steam with limited connections on the heat exchanger?
All I can think up right now is experimenting with transvector interfaces to virtually place the turbines directly against the output hatches of the heat exchanger and using fluid regulator covers to move the fluid from hatch to hatch? (Though I've never used the regulators, they are labeled as configurable, are they tunable the same way the ic2 regulator is?)
ok, first 8000 hot coolant will produce only 80 000 / 2000 lava will produce 80 000 Superheated steam. Look at atached file to see my setup. I'm using lava to power my base. (nuclear reactors are producing depleted thorium cells wich you need later). The red pipes are "small high pressure pipes" from gregtech. Next to the LHE are 2 HP Steam Turbines with large thamium rotors (36000L/s, a bit wastefull until i get the HSS-S large rotors). The other 2 turbines are Steam turbines with same rotors as the HP turbines. Distilled water is redirected back to the LHE. VERY IMPORTANT: You need a dedicated distilation tower with HV energy hatch in order to mantain the LHE full of distilation tower, redirecting form steam turbines is not enough (at least in my setup). With my setup i produce 7020 EU/t. With HSS-S rotors it will go above 8000 EU/t. Also i recomand using lava because u can centrifuge used lava for good stuff. So what do you guys think of my setup, can it be improved? :D

Attachments

• LHE setup.png
    LHE setup.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 46

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that to get into Steve's Carts I'm going to need Pnumaticraft PCBs. Other than just following NEI and building out a bunch of Pnumaticraft infrastructure, (sigh), I'm wondering where do I get squid plant seeds?
You don't, pneumaticcraft plastic seeds are disabled due to being deprecated a while back, the new process for getting plastic involves a thermopneumatic processing plant and a plastic mixer, the recipes are all in NEI. It's all derived from oil now though.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Early game the easiest obsidian-breakers are diamonds, either from small ore or from ocean-biome-geodes("vanilla" ore in them), or cobalt... if you like exploring a lot you might also have run into enough irridium to make a early T3 pickaxe.
You can also make ind.diamonds in a normal compressor if you have access to obsidian...
I'm sure I'm forgetting some options early on but at least you have some for thought :)

I always thought access to coal, not obsidian, was a requirement to make industrial diamonds? :D Unless Jason changed the recipe and made it require obsidian somewhere. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
To make industrial diamonds without certain electrical machines (i think its assembling machine in this case) you can only use Obsidian. When you will have Assembler, you can use other resources (like iron block or clay brick blocks)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also its not in power of pack maker to reduce the visible amount of recipes, it must be made in mod itself. As Blood said, GT is getting a "cleanup", but unfortunately still doesn't mean that you will always see the best recipe for you. Only the recycling recipes and those similiar, that are not needed at all to be visible (or at least visible in small amount) are getting removed from NEI.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I always thought access to coal, not obsidian, was a requirement to make industrial diamonds? :D Unless Jason changed the recipe and made it require obsidian somewhere. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
(Crafting Table) 64 Coal Dust + 8 Flint -> (Compressor) -> (Crafting Table) 8 pcs + 1 Obsidian -> (Compressor) -> Ind. Diamond
With an assembler, like @Jason McRay said, you can use other blocks... like Bricks and such. So yeah, Coal is needed, but coal you can get with a flint pick... so no biggie, hence the "requirement" of obsidian, or tier three pick to be able to get early ind. diamonds.

K

Kiama

Something fun, especially for people new to this pack:

Seed: -5866369771108100114
Version: 3.2.10

Lord almighty... this is the best treasure hunting I have ever done. Without going more than 1,000 blocks away from spawn, I had 53 steel, 6 iridium, 121 silver, more than 2 stacks of tin, and plenty more. A most wonderful way to start.

A

AlphaA

I've another few basic questions.

1. I just advanced into the early LV era and built a basic steam machine and an electrolyzer. I managed to feed steam and water into the machines, but I think the turbine isn't putting out any power. Liquid amount states "24000", the indicator with the buttons "IN" and "OUT" shows nothing. So I think the turbine isn't working? I tried putting the electrolyzer beside the turbine and wire it from various sides, but no power transfer...

2. What are the general rules for input/output for electric machines? The side with the little square is electric input?

3. Where can I find power requirements for wach machine?

4. Is there a way to find out what fluid is in a Gregtech pipe?

Thanks!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've another few basic questions.

1. I just advanced into the early LV era and built a basic steam machine and an electrolyzer. I managed to feed steam and water into the machines, but I think the turbine isn't putting out any power. Liquid amount states "24000", the indicator with the buttons "IN" and "OUT" shows nothing. So I think the turbine isn't working? I tried putting the electrolyzer beside the turbine and wire it from various sides, but no power transfer...

2. What are the general rules for input/output for electric machines? The side with the little square is electric input?

3. Where can I find power requirements for wach machine?

4. Is there a way to find out what fluid is in a Gregtech pipe?

Thanks!

1) Each generator will have exactly one output - the side with the dot on it. In fact when you place down a generator, the side facing you will be the output. And then you can use the wrench to change it - although you can't have the output to be on the top or bottom. If you're using a wire then this is where it needs to be placed but if you place the electrolyzer straight next to the dot it should be receive power.

2) The square on the electric machine is 'product' output. You can choose to output either fluids or items (depending on machine) into a adjacent inventory or fluid container using the buttons in the machine's gui. Again you use the wrench to change the output side (any side except the front).

3) I think you can attach a wire to *any* side of machine (even the front I think - can someone confirm that please). Re usage, it's per recipe rather than per machine - eg. a recipe might cost 24K EU at 5 EU/t. If you don't already know - you have to be really careful when checking out potential recipes to see if it needs LV/MV or whatever. I've messed up a few times getting a bunch or resources together only to find the recipe was MV and all I've got is an LV machine :(

4) Not sure about this one

A

AlphaA

Helps alot thanks!
I build my setup in creative mode and it seems the turbine wasn't the issue, because a macerator runs just fine. I build the electrolyzer first because im short of sulfur and wanted to electrolyze pyrite dust. Seems you need at least 60 EU of voltage for that recipe, so with LV not possible because it's only 32 EU. I guess I need a MV electrolyzer because an LV will explode at higher voltages...
So the same thing happend to me too -.-

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yup - trying pyrite in LV electrolyzer - been there - done that!

For sulfur, you can centrifuge netherrack to get tiny piles. I usually dig down to about 15-20 in the nether and carve a mine through the netherrack. On the one hand you get enough netherrack to centrifuge, but if you're lucky you'll hit a sulfur vein anyway! And probably a few other veins too.