[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

N

Navarin

Also I remember a recent post where someone posted a screen shot of their map with great early game finds. However I can't seem to find it?? Anyone have the date/link to that post?

Unrelated: I think I might go buy a lottery ticket. My first five shafts in my newest world.

http://i.imgur.com/dekOhdv.png

You might be talking about mine.

When I start a new world, my general process is this:

1. Find a biome above y80, the higher the better. I prefer green hills just because I like grass, but red rock mountains, extreme hills, or anything else mountainous functions similarly.

2. Dig a 1x2 tunnel at (8,8-9) straight down until hit ore or y5. I do this every chunk (though realistically every 2 chunks is probably more efficient) until I find something. As long as it isn't something obnoxious like a galena vein, I dig a + shape horizontally to find all the chunks that vein exists in. The huge majority of the vein should be in a 3x3 chunk square with density highest in the center.

3. Now that I have my grid centered, I dig 1x2 shafts every 3 chunks. Because I'm starting at high y levels most shafts I dig result in something, even if it's the 30th magnetite vein or whatever. If you don't mind hitting blanks frequently (especially with the spawn rate of tin buffed), you can start around sea level and still find many useful veins.

4. Make sacrifices to RNGesus hoping for what you're looking for.

As always, finding a specific vein early game is almost 100% luck. The nether can be a big help because vein hunting is much easier there, but since I need the overworld only veins anyway I don't worry too much about it.

Bonus tip: Before you go mining, find a fir tree. You'll need the wood for ladders.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
You might be talking about mine.

When I start a new world, my general process is this:

1. Find a biome above y80, the higher the better. I prefer green hills just because I like grass, but red rock mountains, extreme hills, or anything else mountainous functions similarly.

2. Dig a 1x2 tunnel at (8,8-9) straight down until hit ore or y5. I do this every chunk (though realistically every 2 chunks is probably more efficient) until I find something. As long as it isn't something obnoxious like a galena vein, I dig a + shape horizontally to find all the chunks that vein exists in. The huge majority of the vein should be in a 3x3 chunk square with density highest in the center.

3. Now that I have my grid centered, I dig 1x2 shafts every 3 chunks. Because I'm starting at high y levels most shafts I dig result in something, even if it's the 30th magnetite vein or whatever. If you don't mind hitting blanks frequently (especially with the spawn rate of tin buffed), you can start around sea level and still find many useful veins.

4. Make sacrifices to RNGesus hoping for what you're looking for.

As always, finding a specific vein early game is almost 100% luck. The nether can be a big help because vein hunting is much easier there, but since I need the overworld only veins anyway I don't worry too much about it.

Bonus tip: Before you go mining, find a fir tree. You'll need the wood for ladders.

Your grid centered? Wait do you mean that they gregtech 3x3 oreveins are alingned such that thier centers that appear in 3x3 chunk grids? I was under the impression that they were 3x3 in size but with centers placed randomly.

N

Navarin

Your grid centered? Wait do you mean that they gregtech 3x3 oreveins are alingned such that thier centers that appear in 3x3 chunk grids? I was under the impression that they were 3x3 in size but with centers placed randomly.

Random centers doesn't make sense given what I saw when I did a clearblocks test world to look at oregen, but I'm definitely not an expert. I'm sure someone else in the thread can comment on what goes on at a code level.

I guess I should add the typical YMMV disclaimer to my method. It seems to work for me but it could be extremely inefficient for all I know.

EDIT: If you're talking about worldgen placing a vein (or attempting to) every 3x3 chunks, that's how it works. Sometimes you get blanks because it tries to place tin at y100 in a plains biome, but if there's stone/granite/something else to convert to ore, it will. I just don't know if the center of that specific 3x3 chunk is always the center of the vein.

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Random centers doesn't make sense given what I saw when I did a clearblocks test world to look at oregen, but I'm definitely not an expert. I'm sure someone else in the thread can comment on what goes on at a code level.

I guess I should add the typical YMMV disclaimer to my method. It seems to work for me but it could be extremely inefficient for all I know.

EDIT: If you're talking about worldgen placing a vein (or attempting to) every 3x3 chunks, that's how it works. Sometimes you get blanks because it tries to place tin at y100 in a plains biome, but if there's stone/granite/something else to convert to ore, it will. I just don't know if the center of that specific 3x3 chunk is always the center of the vein.

Okay I'm going to pop into MCedit and take a look.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
xTW72Ar.jpg

Okay so it seems that for the most part they are aligned. However exceptions do occur when the chunk values go into the negative. This is visible in the lower left corner of the image.
This is a result of this source code which decides if a chunk may have an ore vein.
if ((Math.abs(this.mX / 16) % 3 == 1) && (Math.abs(this.mZ / 16) % 3 == 1))

The max hight of a vein of ore is 3 x 16 and the minimum hight is 16 blocks.

I actually found a bit of a bug in gregs code haha. It keeps recalculating the z length of the ore vein lol

int cX = aChunkX - aRandom.nextInt(this.mSize);
int eX = aChunkX + 16 + aRandom.nextInt(this.mSize);
for (int tX = cX; tX <= eX; tX++) {
int cZ = aChunkZ - aRandom.nextInt(this.mSize);
int eZ = aChunkZ + 16 + aRandom.nextInt(this.mSize);
for (int tZ = cZ; tZ <= eZ; tZ++) {

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my dream of moving my entire base between my old world and a new world, it is over. It cannot be done. Both the NEI Cheat Mode method, as well as the MCEdit method, fail miserably. The problem, I am guessing, is that my older world has a different item numbering system than the new world created in v3.2.9 of the modpack. Even tho my old world has been updated to v3.2.9, the items do not transfer properly. Instead of a JABBA Barrel filled with 14,768 stacks of Fir Logs, I get a barrel filled with 14,768 stacks of Buildcraft refineries. LOL So, I guess it's back to the old world, problems and all, so I can stop wasting time on this fruitless idea of mine. :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Well, my dream of moving my entire base between my old world and a new world, it is over. It cannot be done. Both the NEI Cheat Mode method, as well as the MCEdit method, fail miserably. The problem, I am guessing, is that my older world has a different item numbering system than the new world created in v3.2.9 of the modpack. Even tho my old world has been updated to v3.2.9, the items do not transfer properly. Instead of a JABBA Barrel filled with 14,768 stacks of Fir Logs, I get a barrel filled with 14,768 stacks of Buildcraft refineries. LOL So, I guess it's back to the old world, problems and all, so I can stop wasting time on this fruitless idea of mine. :)

Well, you could ask if Jason or one of the mod devs could salvage the world for you, if you want to upload or send it to one of them so they can see if there's a way to salvage it. Do you have any idea of the version number the world was created in?

Another, slightly more boring option would be to create a list of what you had from the old world and manually recreate that in a new world using NEI cheat mode. ;) Could be time-consuming, though definitely worth a shot.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate machines? All these cells with chemicals needs alot of automation. Maybe i missing some understanding about mod mechanik?
Oilsands to nitrodiesel need 4 Chemical Reactors and alot of cells manipulation. But i dont see any Fluid Canners used in Joel Falk`s setup.
You also can use EIO's Fluid Tanks and Greg's Output Hatches w/ pump/conveyor (put in cells -> cells rained-> liquid pushed one way, cells another way).

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
There is one last thing you could do. But its a bit messy...
1) Create world in the same version the old world has been created
2) Then update the modpack to latest
3) Transfer your items with either of those two methods (NEI or MCEdit)

or

you can just start from scratch :D

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to move an old base to a new world, but only when the item and fluid lists of the old world are used to create the new world. So when you already have created a new world without using the right old files, it is impossible to do it after that.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to move an old base to a new world, but only when the item and fluid lists of the old world are used to create the new world. So when you already have created a new world without using the right old files, it is impossible to do it after that.
Hmm... The IDs are stored in level.dat file, right? Would it be then possible to just move over the level.dat file?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It is more than i year ago that i actually did that, but yes, i think that was the level.dat that needs to be copied.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... The IDs are stored in level.dat file, right? Would it be then possible to just move over the level.dat file?

Yeah I was wondering about that too, but I've already lost a week's worth of playing time to this silly idea of mine, and I really don't wish to waste more time on it. I have no idea which version of the modpack was used to create the world, because it was somebody else's world on their server, I only obtained a copy of it when they all lost interest and stopped playing, so I could keep going in SSP.

It was a fun exercise (kinda sorta) but a frustrating one. I always suspected it wouldn't work, so I can't say I'm terribly disappointed. I just go back to the old world and carry on, that's all. It's still a playable world, despite some odd things happening.

Maybe I'll insert my old level.dat into the new world and see what happens... one final experiment. :) (Result: Crash to desktop with no warning when I tried to enter the world, no message, just... gone. hehe)

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The best way would likely be to copy your old world and delete all dimensions and mod data(basicly all additional folders in your world folder).

What crashed you, was likely already generated world data using the old level.dat now having a wrong mapping.

Also is the world seed part of your level.dat. So you would need to use NBTExplorer and change that seed to have your world look different.

melignus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to sort fluids from a GT heat exchanger. I want steam to end up in one tank and superheated steam to end up in the other tank. I want to avoid a situation where the wrong fluid is trapped in a pipe or the situation where both tanks end up with the same fluid for some reason. I can't seem to find a decent fluid sorting solution and I couldn't get the GT fluid filters to work.

I placed both the fluid filters on the incoming sides of the pipes that were connected from the central pipe to the tanks:
valve ### [pipe] (filter set with steam cell) ### [pipe] ### (filter set with superheated steam cell) [pipe] ### valve

Nothing happened. I've also tried:
valve ### [pipe] ### (filter set with steam cell) [pipe] (filter set with superheated steam cell) ### [pipe] ### valve

Neither of these setups worked and I can't find another high volume method of sorting fluids in NEI. Anyone have any suggestions? Here's a picture of the setup.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I was wondering about that too, but I've already lost a week's worth of playing time to this silly idea of mine, and I really don't wish to waste more time on it. I have no idea which version of the modpack was used to create the world, because it was somebody else's world on their server, I only obtained a copy of it when they all lost interest and stopped playing, so I could keep going in SSP.

It was a fun exercise (kinda sorta) but a frustrating one. I always suspected it wouldn't work, so I can't say I'm terribly disappointed. I just go back to the old world and carry on, that's all. It's still a playable world, despite some odd things happening.

Maybe I'll insert my old level.dat into the new world and see what happens... one final experiment. :) (Result: Crash to desktop with no warning when I tried to enter the world, no message, just... gone. hehe)
I don't understand though why you don't simply update your version and upload your world into the new version. Sure yo7 might lose some things but you'll still have everything else. After that you simply move to a new area if you dislike the current one.

Of course, that's assuming your not in version 2.X.Y

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019

I had this issue with my world in infitech 2.8.2 ish. After the upgrade, I installed mystcraft, got my new world base semi-started and made a random mystcraft world. Imported my old world save as a mystcraft realm and moved everything legit that way through the portal using barrels and such. Took a few trips but made it.

For RP bonus it was now a perpetually dark unstable realm (random explosions).

T

Tiphon

Would you help me pls? How to automate the process of crafting recipes that uses water bucket or any other fluids. e.g edible salt require water bucket + Pot. It is kinda boring to make salt by putting ingredients on crafting grid every time

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Would you help me pls? How to automate the process of crafting recipes that uses water bucket or any other fluids. e.g edible salt require water bucket + Pot. It is kinda boring to make salt by putting ingredients on crafting grid every time
There are many ways but the one i currently use is a loop (using EIO Conduit) between a Canning Machine and Auto-Crafting Table MKII.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update... Double Whammy this time...
Give it +/- 24hrs to appear on the launcher
v3.2.10 - Recommended version - not much changed
Quests:
- Fixed few quest typos
- Changed "Magnetizing" quest from Crafting to Detect
Mod Updates:
- Carpenter's Blocks -> 3.3.8.1__dev_r1
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.36
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.427
- Ewy's Workshop -> 1.1.2
- Infinity Core -> 1.7
- StorageDrawers -> 1.9.9
- XACT -> 0.5.5c
- Forestry -> 4.2.14.62
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.126
Removed Mods:
- YAMPST - discontinued
Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed EnderIO farm not working
- Fixed fluid dupe with eIO Fluid Tanks
- Fixed FPS hit with Ewy's Workshop
- Thaumonomicon no longer consumed when crafting the Cap in Arcane Worbench or XACT crafter.
- Fixes dupe issue with XACT crafter and Forestry Worktable, by ignoring it.
- Fixed QDS recipe consuming the book
- Added few disabled tooltips to Galacticraft items
- Added more info to veins in OreBook (shows all possible ores in "header" of the vein)
- Added tooltip to Flint and Steel about chance to light up things
- Fixed few wrongly assigned clusters to ores
- Desh clusters can now be obtained from desh ore
- Added Electrical Steel Item Casing for future use
- Fixed few tooltip localizations for LogisticsPipes items
- Removed invalid entries from HEE orb blacklist (bluepower items)
- Added alternative use for Irradiated Combs to reduce material cost of Mutagen (lowers Royal Jelly requirement)
v3.2.10.1 - Welcome the Pollution
(Pollution is implemented but currently has no effect). Boilers, Diesel/Gas Generators and Muffler Hatches now add Pollution. Pollution effects added in future just for example:
low pollution: visual effects like smog
medium pollution: plants sometimes die, rarely weak poison effects
heavy pollution: all plants and greenery die, heavy poison effects, low radiation, dirt to sand, stone to cobblestone on surface

On top of all this, couple new items, blocks and machines to play with.
HQM and Guide Books are not yet up to date with this.
More info:
Huge Changes:
Added Assembly Line multiblock. (Build Guide: http://imgur.com/a/jrza9)
Added Components for LuV, ZPM, UV produced by the new Assembly Line.
Added Machines for LuV, ZPM and UV.
So now there are 8 Tiers of single block machines.
The next updates will move some recipes up to the new machines or add new endgame stuff.
Added Large Diesel Engine multiblock. (Build Guide: http://imgur.com/a/v7VCD)

Large Turbines other than Steam now require higher tiered casings.
!!!You need to rebuild all your large turbines besides the Large Steam Turbine!!!

Added Pollution basework. Boilers, Diesel/Gas Generators and Muffler Hatches now add Pollution.
Pollution gets saved per chunk. Pollution spreads and slowly dissipates. Currently no effects. Coming soon.

Smaller Changes:
Added Blast Furnace recipe for NaquadahAlloy and Osmiridium.
Argon now has a fluid.
Added NaquadahAlloy cables for ZPM and Duranium cables for UV.
Re-factored machine recipe components for LuV to UV.
Large Plasma turbines will now output the cooled versions of plasmas if an Output Hatch is available.
Advanced Miner II can now silk touch then pulverize ores from other mods than GT.
Added QuantumEye, QuantumStar and GraviStar to improve Field Generator recipes.
Added Super Fuel and Magic Super Fuel.
Notch apples can now be burned in a Magic Energy Converter.
The Plunger will now empty the input tank of a machine if the output tank is empty.
The Processing Array now supports 10 more machine types.
Added support for the EnderIO wrench.
Machines now support IC2 Single-Use batteries.
GT Plasma Cells that have a Fusion recipe are shown in NEI.
The Portable Scanner and NC Displays will now show the Optimal Flow for Large Turbines.
Processing of some ores can now be enabled via the config.
Added Assembler recipes for various Machine Casings.
Soft Hammer renamed to Soft Mallet and it's texture is also flipped to differentiate from the Hammer
GT now triggers IC2 achievements unreachable before.
Added support for Speiger's Crop NEI Plugin.

Rebalances/Fixes:
Glass in machine recipes past IV now requires IC2 reinforced glass.
Buffed the stats of Ultimet.
Nerfed biogas from distillery.
Changes voltage required to process Combs and crop drops.
Deduced cost to produce Polycaprolactam(String from oil).
Buffed the stats of Neutronium.
Reduced damage of Turbine Rotors in Plasma Turbines and added a config value.
Rebalanced sifting outputs.

Bugfixes:
Pyrolyse oven can now be overclocked.
Charcoal/Lignite blocks now have fuel values.
Advanced Miner II now takes the ore byproduct output chance into consideration.
Corrected the burn value of Wooden Plates.
Fixed Exploit with Advanced Miner II where infinite mining pipes came out.
The Distillation tower will not start processing if there is a little oil left in second input hatch.
Magic Energy Absorber can now produce power from Enchanted Books.
Fixed Magic Energy Absorber not calculating it's efficiency properly.
Unstable ingots are now blacklisted from Unification.
Fixed Exploits with Advanced Miner II where an ore block could be mined twice.
The Processing Array can now handle multiple input stacks at a time.
Brittle Charcoal can now be harvested in Adventure Mode.
Fixed Brittle Charcoal server client sync bug. Enforce correct tool and mining level.
Fixed various storage blocks not enforcing tool levels.
Fixed 3 misspelt TC Aspects causing them not to be recognized by GT machines.
Achievement "Full Efficiency" now has to be unlocked before "As Dense As Possible"
Added missing GUI buttons to GT High Pressure and Bronze machines.
Turbine Rotor tooltip now shows the correct Optimal Gas Flow.
Fixed crash when right clicking Fluid Filter with an item that isn't a fluid container.
Redone all multiblock tooltips so that they now follow a similar structure and are a little easier to understand.
Output buses will now try and split exported items to multiple buses if there is no one left to take full stack
Sulfuric Naphtha is now spelt correctly.
The EV Battery Charger recipe now uses the OreDictionary.
Moved GT Bee init to earlier load phase.
Fixed a depricated autogenerated recipe for Assembly machine.
Rised generator internal EU storage to counter production bug.

Last edited: