[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

N

Navarin

To use GT covers, build them and right click them on a machine side that is not the front. Then a screwdriver can control input/output settings, including responding to conditions specific to the cover.

As far as GT pipes go, using anything else is usually the best advice people can give. They're fine, but they're just significantly more work and resources to use properly and counter-intuitive in a lot of ways.

P

Pyromancer56

I examine screenshots that people post, and when I study them, I sometimes take notice of fluid conduits that cross, but don't connect. "How do they do that?", I wonder? Every time I place fluid conduits next to one another, they snap together automatically, usually with tragic results. LOL

Well... wonder no more!! I just found the answer in the Ender IO wiki while searching for an answer to some other problem I was having...

I'll pass this one along in case other people have the same issue. I'm kind of flabbergasted I never heard of this before, but if it works, it certainly explains all those screenshots...

It also explains why those screenshots are always using the see-thru "Pressurized Fluid Conduit" instead of the higher-tier "Ender Fluid Conduit", which was the other thing I wondered about. I had assumed it was due to material cost... but now I realize that has nothing to do with it.

"Right-clicking a basic or Pressurized Fluid Conduit with a filled fluid container (e.g. a Bucket) will lock the conduit to only accept this type of fluid."

I assume this means we can use filled cells, since gases won't go into buckets.

The benefit of the Ender Fluid Conduit though is that movement through it is instant and allows multiple types of fluid to pass through. Not to mention that they have a built in fluid filter. Makes compact setups easier. So as long as they are setup properly you never have to worry about mixing fluids. And yes, cells work for locking basic and pressurized fluid conduit.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I examine screenshots that people post, and when I study them, I sometimes take notice of fluid conduits that cross, but don't connect. "How do they do that?", I wonder? Every time I place fluid conduits next to one another, they snap together automatically, usually with tragic results. LOL

Well... wonder no more!! I just found the answer in the Ender IO wiki while searching for an answer to some other problem I was having...

I'll pass this one along in case other people have the same issue. I'm kind of flabbergasted I never heard of this before, but if it works, it certainly explains all those screenshots...

It also explains why those screenshots are always using the see-thru "Pressurized Fluid Conduit" instead of the higher-tier "Ender Fluid Conduit", which was the other thing I wondered about. I had assumed it was due to material cost... but now I realize that has nothing to do with it.

"Right-clicking a basic or Pressurized Fluid Conduit with a filled fluid container (e.g. a Bucket) will lock the conduit to only accept this type of fluid."

I assume this means we can use filled cells, since gases won't go into buckets.
think of it like this:
Basic and pressurized allowed a player to lock a specific piece of conduit into a desired liquid. Ender allowed a player to lock the end points of the conduit, and allowing multiple liquids to pass through any/all of the conduits at the same time. Kind of similar to how bundled cables work in "redpower" like mods... one block allows for massive transports and you select what you need at specific input/output locations.
And what Pyromancer56 said, all movement in the ender coinduit is instantaneous... like how ME(applied energistics) transportation works.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question - how much energy do the low tier processing machines use? Macerator and ore washer recipes don't show their cost; trying to make a small, efficient processing area, don't want to have to use too much wiring or transformers.

P

Pyromancer56

Simple question - how much energy do the low tier processing machines use? Macerator and ore washer recipes don't show their cost; trying to make a small, efficient processing area, don't want to have to use too much wiring or transformers.

An LV (32 eu/t) machine is capable of processing every type of ore, higher tiers only make the process faster.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

According to http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Ore_Washing_Plant the LV ore washer should use 16Volts 1Ampere, or 16EU/t. Meaning further tiers will use 64, 256, and so on, so half a full Ampere per tier. I doubt that Jason and the gang have changed it's energy use.
A macerators energy use is displayed on the pulverizer page of NEI, just remember that the "bonus" outputs are only available with the higher tier machines.

N

Navarin

For the machines that use IC2 recipes, look at the IC2 machine equivalent's tooltip for the eu/t. For example, a basic thermal centrifuge will require 48eu/t, despite being an LV machine. It's one of the few non-multiblocks that will require more than 1 amp.

F

FutureCode

Oh, one other thing... this is a sad day... for this is the day I finally gave up on GT Fluid Pipes entirely. I'm a purist, and I wanted to use GregTech for everything that I could, and I struggled with the Fluid Pipes and shutters and watching Chloe's video at least 10 times to see if I missed something, somehow...

I love you Greg, I've told you that before (don't take it too personally LOL)... but your Fluid Pipes are a big fail, because they refuse to "pressurize" and provide a constant steady stream of fluids. Any manufacturing facility relies on the reliable, the consistant, the dependable, and the predictable. GT Fluid Pipes are none of those things, and as much as it pains me to do so, I've completely given up the ghost and gone to Ender IO in this modpack. So much for "purist". I feel dirty. I probably should take a shower. LOL

There's something you can do with pure GT: fill large cells with fluid, then transport those cells. Large cells are much cheaper than you thought, combined with the fact that GT pipes "teleport" items.

Oh, by the way, use Input/Output Hatches for the canning/uncanning process, because the fluid canner sucks.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
@onsp
Ive added a description for each machine as well as a setup overview for the oilsand-nitro diesel production in the low tech power systems tab. The desulfurisation unit is simplified compared to the full scale setup however the nitro diesel line will work with any setup producing light fuel.

The limiting factor is the distilleries and centrifuges so if you wanna increase the output just add more centrifuges and distilleries. Setup should be able to handle 5 distilleries and 8 centrigues before you need to add any additional machines (1 more chemical reactor in nitro diesel line)

nitro diesel line is easiest to run on nitro diesel with 4 diesel generators or 3 with a battery buffer (but lower efficiency due to transmission losses and higher cable losses)

Last edited:
C

ColdComfort

Hey! Back with more annoying questions.

So, I tried to do the Magical Steel quest, but every time it just dissolves the nugget. :/ I tried throwing in 10 candleberries (for 10 ordo) and one wrought iron nugget, but this didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? (I'm playing 3.2.8, BTW, though there's no changelog info about the quest being broken?)

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hey! Back with more annoying questions.

So, I tried to do the Magical Steel quest, but every time it just dissolves the nugget. :/ I tried throwing in 10 candleberries (for 10 ordo) and one wrought iron nugget, but this didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? (I'm playing 3.2.8, BTW, though there's no changelog info about the quest being broken?)
"Turn your computer off, then on again" question:
Have you completed the TC research for steel? (And the prerequisites, if you completed the research before the changes to the research was added.)

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to use GregTech steam compressor, I just recently started to play this modpack :)
Well... I have power or steam and I wanted to make a iron block because of the questbook.
I put 9 iron ingots in it and it started compressing. When it has finished, it didn't outpit my iron block. It makes a little wierd noise and shows some little thing taht was like blocked pipe or something.
I don't know what to do :)
Could you please help me a little bit? :)
Thanks! :)

U

UNG_God

Hello there people, i am atm making a lp on this modpack, having some fun but alot of frustation as well, most because how much thaumcraft is diferent from the vanila, i never did play much with it, and having so much add ons for it , dont make it any easier, so the little i knew about thaumcraft, is kind of useless since most steps arent here or require something far off; my lp isnt going well, very slowly actualy (so it dont generate much interest), so i tried to look on the lp that one of the modpack dev is making, but the version are way too off and did not help at all (the beggining i mean).
I realy liked the description of most quest, they sometime give a good advice, but since i already playied gt5 before, most things only open to me after i had already pass over it; i realy would like if on the magic tab, there was some tips on how to get the next step; the shop is kind of confusing, do i need to buy stuff to open better options, or later on it will just pop up?
The bronze age quest that required metal crops , look a little out of place to me, also the give away quests... they could have an own tab for it.
I am impressed how tight the parts are, until this point , i did not find any exploit of something like that, and had alot of blockers, things i thought i could do , but actualy cant, because some component is higher than gt5.
Looking back at konceptum lp and Jason start, it looks like a completely diferent modpack, so many thing got cut, and others nerfed.

Reactions: Niidikene

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to use GregTech steam compressor, I just recently started to play this modpack :)
Well... I have power or steam and I wanted to make a iron block because of the questbook.
I put 9 iron ingots in it and it started compressing. When it has finished, it didn't outpit my iron block. It makes a little wierd noise and shows some little thing taht was like blocked pipe or something.
use a Wrench and right click on a face, of the compressor, that has nothing touching it. See if that helps. It might be trying to output it through a pipe that cannot take items. This might not work but worth a chance.

I've not had this issue. One icon may be a lack of steam power..but it should have output an iron block from the 9 ingots.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Exhaust (normally back side) needs to be air on all steam machines. (except boilers ofc.)
If that isn't the issue then that icon inside the machine indicates that it's "stalling"... that means it can't get steam fast enough to complete the operation. If that is the problem then either remove the pipe supplying steam, let the steam inside the rest of the system build up to max, replace the pipe and let it run. Or stop all other steam consuming machines to let the compressor complete it's operation.
Normally a compressor takes 2EU/t to run, in the case of a bronze compressor it uses 4 Steam / tick... meaning that any of the basic producers(Small Coal Boiler(6S/t), High Pressure Coal Boiler(15S/t)) should be enough to power the compressor.
If you have the compressor connected directly to a boiler then you might need an additional boiler in your system.
Good luck and let us know if any of the above solves your issue.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hello there people, i am atm making a lp on this modpack, having some fun but alot of frustation as well, most because how much thaumcraft is diferent from the vanila, i never did play much with it, and having so much add ons for it , dont make it any easier, so the little i knew about thaumcraft, is kind of useless since most steps arent here or require something far off; my lp isnt going well, very slowly actualy (so it dont generate much interest), so i tried to look on the lp that one of the modpack dev is making, but the version are way too off and did not help at all (the beggining i mean).
I realy liked the description of most quest, they sometime give a good advice, but since i already playied gt5 before, most things only open to me after i had already pass over it; i realy would like if on the magic tab, there was some tips on how to get the next step; the shop is kind of confusing, do i need to buy stuff to open better options, or later on it will just pop up?
The bronze age quest that required metal crops , look a little out of place to me, also the give away quests... they could have an own tab for it.
I am impressed how tight the parts are, until this point , i did not find any exploit of something like that, and had alot of blockers, things i thought i could do , but actualy cant, because some component is higher than gt5.
Looking back at konceptum lp and Jason start, it looks like a completely diferent modpack, so many thing got cut, and others nerfed.
Shop: New purchase options appear after you unlock new metal(and gem) "tiers" in the other quest tabs, you don't need to buy anything, afaik. Just save them coins for when you find something you need/want.
TC: Compared with "vanilla" TC progression you need to complete much more research to reach higher crafting options, for example you need to go through crystal reconstitution(if that's what it's called) to get a prerequisite for making the "Crafting Matrix" for altar crafting. In general just research more stuff that you would in normal TC and you should be fine.

Tip: save at least some coins to purchase lithium for easier good batteries, unless you have a good source of salt ;) (Even with a good vein of salt you still can benefit from buying lithium imo)

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Exhaust (normally back side) needs to be air on all steam machines. (except boilers ofc.)
If that isn't the issue then that icon inside the machine indicates that it's "stalling"... that means it can't get steam fast enough to complete the operation. If that is the problem then either remove the pipe supplying steam, let the steam inside the rest of the system build up to max, replace the pipe and let it run. Or stop all other steam consuming machines to let the compressor complete it's operation.
Normally a compressor takes 2EU/t to run, in the case of a bronze compressor it uses 4 Steam / tick... meaning that any of the basic producers(Small Coal Boiler(6S/t), High Pressure Coal Boiler(15S/t)) should be enough to power the compressor.
If you have the compressor connected directly to a boiler then you might need an additional boiler in your system.
Good luck and let us know if any of the above solves your issue.
It didn't work :/
Well... It's so new for me that I may have done something really stupid :)
Maybe I use wrong pipe for output? :)
Nimetu.png

S

Sven "flamestrider"

It didn't work :/
Well... It's so new for me that I may have done something really stupid :)
Maybe I use wrong pipe for output? :)View attachment 28187
That looks like the "stalling" symbol. And the pipe you have connected looks like the small bronze(200 Liter/sec) pipe... but since it's a GT pipe the "best" speed you can get on a non-pressurized pipe is 200Steam/20ticks/2directions = 5 Steam / tick. I generally never use the small bronze pipe for transporting steam, replace it with the normal size(only a recommendation)... or if you don't have that boiler at maximum temperature just move it closer... a small coal boiler produces 6 Liter(mb) of steam whenever it is above 100C, higher temperatures only reduce fuel consumption.
Problems you might experience with using a cold boiler to run a small setup is that since it produces only 6L/t the speed it will travel through GT pipes is effectively 1/2 of it's production speed, in this case it will send 3 Liters of steam per tick to the compressor, aka: not enough... which is why I said you should disconnect the pipe to the compressor and let the boiler build up it's internal buffer(16'000Liter)

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like the "stalling" symbol. And the pipe you have connected looks like the small bronze(200 Liter/sec) pipe... but since it's a GT pipe the "best" speed you can get on a non-pressurized pipe is 200Steam/20ticks/2directions = 5 Steam / tick. I generally never use the small bronze pipe for transporting steam, replace it with the normal size(only a recommendation)... or if you don't have that boiler at maximum temperature just move it closer... a small coal boiler produces 6 Liter(mb) of steam whenever it is above 100C, higher temperatures only reduce fuel consumption.
Problems you might experience with using a cold boiler to run a small setup is that since it produces only 6L/t the speed it will travel through GT pipes is effectively 1/2 of it's production speed, in this case it will send 3 Liters of steam per tick to the compressor, aka: not enough... which is why I said you should disconnect the pipe to the compressor and let the boiler build up it's internal buffer(16'000Liter)
Yeah! It worked, I changed the pipes :)

Reactions: Markhor
C

ColdComfort

"Turn your computer off, then on again" question:
Have you completed the TC research for steel? (And the prerequisites, if you completed the research before the changes to the research was added.)

That was it, got it working now. I guess for some reason I thought I wouldn't need to research it, because it wasn't popping up after the first tier metallurgy research, and the fact that the quest was in the basic tree, rather than the magic one.