[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
by hand :) each waypoint is its own separate file, they are found under the journeymap folder, then click data/sp/worldname/waypoints and there they all are. just copy/paste from one world to the other.
beats copying and renaming the folder. thanks.

odd note: if you end the java process running minecraft, it deletes ALL journeymap waypoints..was getting greedy with the clearblocks size and had to close it a few times.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
You already played your threaten-to-quit card. Nobody cared.

This pack is specifically for people who want to play differently. Its definitely not for you. Nobody is going to make the oregen similar to other packs to suit "normal" players, because the pack is not for normal players.

This pack will always be tedious for you, so please, cut your losses and move on. There are a lot of excellent packs out there that will suit your playstyle better.

I like how you are the one person who has not got a constructive suggestion, negativity by itself is no good, not if you want someone to reexamine something. ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I like how you are the one person who has not got a constructive suggestion, negativity by itself is no good, not if you want someone to reexamine something. ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I have zero tolerance with respect to your own person. I stopped paying attention to you when 80% of your posts were nothing but destructive criticism. I'd be pleased if you no longer played the pack simply to make the thread a happy place again.

I don't want to re-examine anything with respect to the oregen. The existing oregen does not generate more tedium, it compartmentalizes it and detrivializes the act of getting resources.

With standard oregen, people would just plonk down quarries and get every resource ever in unlimited quantities. That is not appropriate for this modpack.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have zero tolerance with respect to your own person. I stopped paying attention to you when 80% of your posts were nothing but destructive criticism. I'd be pleased if you no longer played the pack simply to make the thread a happy place again.

I don't want to re-examine anything with respect to the oregen. The existing oregen does not generate more tedium, it compartmentalizes it and detrivializes the act of getting resources.

With standard oregen, people would just plonk down quarries and get every resource ever in unlimited quantities. That is not appropriate for this modpack.

Wow you have a lot of negativity to get rid of, don't you? Fine. Be that way. But next time, I expect a drop of constructiveness in your response, I don't care what sort of effort that takes on your part, the path you're taking simply is no good for anyone.

I really don't think any pack should limit getting any kind of resources. Processing them is usually the limiting factor, and even GregTech has such limitations. If you disagree with that, fine, whatever. Go fly your own kite. It simply does not fit my playing style to be stuck forever in a hole digging up this ore or that.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

H

Herrminator1994

Wow you have a lot of negativity to get rid of, don't you? Fine. Be that way. But next time, I expect a drop of constructiveness in your response, I don't care what sort of effort that takes on your part, the path you're taking simply is no good for anyone.

I really don't think any pack should limit getting any kind of resources. Processing them is usually the limiting factor, and even GregTech has such limitations. If you disagree with that, fine, whatever. Go fly your own kite. It simply does not fit my playing style to be stuck forever in a hole digging up this ore or that.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Get a good GregTech drill for exploratory mining. They are pretty crazy fast.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wow you have a lot of negativity to get rid of, don't you?
Yes.

But next time, I expect a drop of constructiveness in your response, I don't care what sort of effort that takes on your part, the path you're taking simply is no good for anyone.
  1. What goes around, comes around.
  2. We reap what we sow.
  3. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
I got piles of these. Are you getting the message?

See bolded and underlined for the key problems with this conversation.

Your problem is that this pack doesn't fit your playing style, and you take the stance that no packs should fail to accommodate your playing style. If you got your way, people like me would have no packs that fit our playing style. Can you grasp that?

This isn't a debate. I'm right; you're wrong.

N

Navarin

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

You have stated many times that you are unhappy with current oregen. I'm sure the pack developers read this thread and have taken your feedback (and all feedback) into consideration. Posting again with the same complaints comes off as pushy in trying to get your ideas implemented regardless of the health of the pack or the rest of the people playing it.

You have been very clear that you are playing single player worlds. This gives you the freedom to customize your experience to an infinite degree, including multiple of the suggestions this thread has given you like clearblocks or spawning yourself in better mining tools. You are not happy with the pack as it is so it's up to you to do something about the problem or move on. Continuing to post about the issue isn't constructive for the developers or for you.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of which, how soon can one get beyond wrought iron pickaxes? I'm going to need something that can mine level 3 for diamonds and obsidian. a thaumium rod can do the crystals, and those pickaxes can do level 3. is that the logical next step?

N

Navarin

speaking of which, how soon can one get beyond wrought iron pickaxes? I'm going to need something that can mine level 3 for diamonds and obsidian. a thaumium rod can do the crystals, and those pickaxes can do level 3. is that the logical next step?

I wouldn't recommend doing a GT pick for obsidian because you'll murder your durability. There are multiple ways of advancing (transmuting cobalt, finding cobalt, mining small diamond ores hoping for an actual diamond, making industrial diamonds), but what I like to do is grab some dark steel from a blacksmith or a thaumcraft altar and make the EIO dark pick. Same durability as a diamond pickaxe, but its upgrades (once you get the tech) make it one of the best picks in the game.

If you get enough dark steel, the enchanter is available so once you get a compressor for an anvil you can get whatever enchants you want on your (non GT) pick.

EDIT: Also, if you have any sort of progression, you shouldn't be using wrought iron picks. Damascus steel picks have four times the durability and are extremely simple to transmute even in just a crucible.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend doing a GT pick for obsidian because you'll murder your durability. There are multiple ways of advancing (transmuting cobalt, finding cobalt, mining small diamond ores hoping for an actual diamond, making industrial diamonds), but what I like to do is grab some dark steel from a blacksmith or a thaumcraft altar and make the EIO dark pick. Same durability as a diamond pickaxe, but its upgrades (once you get the tech) make it one of the best picks in the game.

If you get enough dark steel, the enchanter is available so once you get a compressor for an anvil you can get whatever enchants you want on your (non GT) pick.

EDIT: Also, if you have any sort of progression, you shouldn't be using wrought iron picks. Damascus steel picks have four times the durability and are extremely simple to transmute even in just a crucible.
Damascus steel..ok thanks. I had restarted my world because I did a bad thing to it, so I'll be working on that soon. Almost got some bronze, will need steam power to get the basics for research. Well, for a wand anyways, I can research about 20 minutes from now (if I was playing).

Thanks!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Cobalt seemed to be the easiest Tier 3 pickaxe material, if you've found a Nickel vein (Garnierite, Nickel and Cobalt ores). I didn't find any in the overworld, but found at least 2 veins of it in the nether.

Cobalt is so good, I'm still using it for all my Gregtech tools like the saw, file, hammer, etc., even tho I've finally made some HSS-E ingots and made my sword out of those. I love the deep vivid blue color of Cobalt. :)

Looking thru the list, another option may be Fluxed Electrum (just gold with redstone), altho you definitely need a EBF to make those ingots, and a Vacuum freezer as well. Cobalt has none of those issues. But look at that mining speed on the fluxed!!

Last edited:
N

Navarin

Cobalt seemed to be the easiest Tier 3 pickaxe material, if you've found a Nickel vein (Garnierite, Nickel and Cobalt ores). I didn't find any in the overworld, but found at least 2 veins of it in the nether.

Finding a coal vein to make industrial diamonds is the easiest GregTech way to do it in my opinion, though if you happen to find a nickel vein quickly then I agree. I just generally have an easier time finding dark steel and a Dark Pick with Efficiency V is significantly faster than anything from GT for a good while. (Not to mention the right click to place stuff functionality)

Reactions: asb3pe

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of ease and cost? 4 thaumium for a vanilla style thaumium pick is best, it has level 3 mining and 400 durability, which as being a vanilla style pick it'll only consume 1 durability for any block. The downside is the lack of fortune compared to the GT version, but it's one of the easiest and most durable options for T3 mining for sure as praecantatio can be found anywhere in large quantities thanks to greatwood logs having it and shards can be found anywhere as well so there's no requirements about where to look or slightly tricky veins to find. Just need the iron for a crucible to be able to get it.

N

Navarin

In terms of ease and cost? 4 thaumium for a vanilla style thaumium pick is best, it has level 3 mining and 400 durability, which as being a vanilla style pick it'll only consume 1 durability for any block. The downside is the lack of fortune compared to the GT version, but it's one of the easiest and most durable options for T3 mining for sure as praecantatio can be found anywhere in large quantities thanks to greatwood logs having it and shards can be found anywhere as well so there's no requirements about where to look or slightly tricky veins to find. Just need the iron for a crucible to be able to get it.

To be fair you have to also have a compressor for the wand to turn a cauldron into the crucible.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
The compressor wasn't bad. It's actually only a small amount of bronze to get piping, small solar boiler, and a steam compressor up

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I examine screenshots that people post, and when I study them, I sometimes take notice of fluid conduits that cross, but don't connect. "How do they do that?", I wonder? Every time I place fluid conduits next to one another, they snap together automatically, usually with tragic results. LOL

Well... wonder no more!! I just found the answer in the Ender IO wiki while searching for an answer to some other problem I was having...

I'll pass this one along in case other people have the same issue. I'm kind of flabbergasted I never heard of this before, but if it works, it certainly explains all those screenshots...

It also explains why those screenshots are always using the see-thru "Pressurized Fluid Conduit" instead of the higher-tier "Ender Fluid Conduit", which was the other thing I wondered about. I had assumed it was due to material cost... but now I realize that has nothing to do with it.

"Right-clicking a basic or Pressurized Fluid Conduit with a filled fluid container (e.g. a Bucket) will lock the conduit to only accept this type of fluid."

I assume this means we can use filled cells, since gases won't go into buckets.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, one other thing... this is a sad day... for this is the day I finally gave up on GT Fluid Pipes entirely. I'm a purist, and I wanted to use GregTech for everything that I could, and I struggled with the Fluid Pipes and shutters and watching Chloe's video at least 10 times to see if I missed something, somehow...

I love you Greg, I've told you that before (don't take it too personally LOL)... but your Fluid Pipes are a big fail, because they refuse to "pressurize" and provide a constant steady stream of fluids. Any manufacturing facility relies on the reliable, the consistant, the dependable, and the predictable. GT Fluid Pipes are none of those things, and as much as it pains me to do so, I've completely given up the ghost and gone to Ender IO in this modpack. So much for "purist". I feel dirty. I probably should take a shower. LOL

Reactions: Pyure

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I examine screenshots that people post, and when I study them, I sometimes take notice of fluid conduits that cross, but don't connect. "How do they do that?", I wonder? Every time I place fluid conduits next to one another, they snap together automatically, usually with tragic results. LOL

Well... wonder no more!! I just found the answer in the Ender IO wiki while searching for an answer to some other problem I was having...

I'll pass this one along in case other people have the same issue. I'm kind of flabbergasted I never heard of this before, but if it works, it certainly explains all those screenshots...

It also explains why those screenshots are always using the see-thru "Pressurized Fluid Conduit" instead of the higher-tier "Ender Fluid Conduit", which was the other thing I wondered about. I had assumed it was due to material cost... but now I realize that has nothing to do with it.

"Right-clicking a basic or Pressurized Fluid Conduit with a filled fluid container (e.g. a Bucket) will lock the conduit to only accept this type of fluid."

I assume this means we can use filled cells, since gases won't go into buckets.
*takes notes*
wow, thanks. that's news to me even and i've been using Ender IO a long time!

edit: uhh you need pumps to pressurize..

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
*takes notes*
wow, thanks. that's news to me even and i've been using Ender IO a long time!

edit: uhh you need pumps to pressurize..

Yeah, I always saw the tooltip for GT Pumps, which says (for example) "2560 L/s (as cover)". But they don't LOOK like a cover does, and I never figured out how to use them in that way. It's too late now, once I saw my Large Turbine output go from 1000 EU/t using my GT Fluid Pipe setup to the max 1560 EU/t using Ender IO... that was the final straw. I was done with em.

I've asked questions for months about GT Fluid Pipes, if not for years... and I've never had anyone explain GT pumps and how to use GT fluid pipes. Chloe didn't mention them in her video (which is why I think her video was not as good as it could have been).

It's almost like the "GT Fluid Pipe Experts Club" is an exclusive one, and they didn't want me in it for some reason. So be it. I'll take the easy route, to heck with being a purist, it's probably highly overrated. LOL